Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 229/224.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Ketosticks Question

Hi - I purchased a container of ketosticks to take away the questioning of "am I in ketosis or not" I've noticed that since being on IP that I flucuate between trace to small to moderate amounts of ketones in my system. I'm doing IP without a coach, so I can't ask a coach, has anyone asked this question or know if there is a specific amount of ketones that need to be detected, or is it okay just as long as there is a trace? Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #32  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well another week and another no loss for me! I am not sure what to do but I am tempted to go on a big bad food bender! I know that won't help but at times I feel so frusturated. This is the 4th weigh in that I am 142! The only thing keeping me going is that I feel so good and I look so good and I have come so far and I REALLY want to see the 130's! I am going to change things up and add some exercise and see what happens. Truthfully I have only ever been about 96% OP (I learned what I can and can not do on my first IP journey) well I guess that doesn't work this time. I am giving it 1 more week, but 1 week of 100%! Cross your fingers and wish me luck ladies and gents! Any encouragment or advice will be greatly appreciated!
(Help stop the tantrum and tears)
Hi Pegsi,

Hang in there is my best advise. I had a horrible plateau, thru December and January, only lost three pounds. Then I switched to only drinks for breakfast (rather than an IP omelet or cereal) and snack, ate strictly on protocol, stopped all cardio (but walked at least 2 miles a day) and the Woosh fairy awarded me with a 3 lb loss in one week. I just returned from my most recent weigh in and lost another two (in two weeks, but still a pound a week) so February has turned out much better. I am starting phase 3 next week because the inches are falling off faster than the pounds, and my size 6pants are in the danger zone of being too loose. I hope it helps, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Some times I think you ladies get together on the side and come up with these funny comments.
Ha! You think I jest? I'll bet your dog didn't fly-like-a-sail in 26 mph winds. And that was before 8 am.

And if I haven't said this before, or said it enough, you've really done a splendid job.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #34  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1125 View Post
Hi - I purchased a container of ketosticks to take away the questioning of "am I in ketosis or not" I've noticed that since being on IP that I flucuate between trace to small to moderate amounts of ketones in my system. I'm doing IP without a coach, so I can't ask a coach, has anyone asked this question or know if there is a specific amount of ketones that need to be detected, or is it okay just as long as there is a trace? Thanks in advance for any insight!

I would not worry about the level of Ketones. I know they can be skewed by the amount of water and caffinated beverages consumed. I have notice the more water I drink, the lower the level and if I am a bit dehydrated or have not drank as much water, the level is higher. Keep pushing the water.

As long as you are seeing ketones in the test, you are doing fine. Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

i had the new Tomato Soup today. it was hot pink! the color took a lot to get over. i actually thought about adding red food coloring just so i could make it look more appetizing. as far the taste...i personally wouldn't say it tastes like tomato soup. However I can stomach it a lot better than the chicken or leek soups.

i added sauteed spinach and mushrooms, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. it helped spice it up a bit. otherwise it is really bland.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #36  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i had the new Tomato Soup today. it was hot pink! the color took a lot to get over. i actually thought about adding red food coloring just so i could make it look more appetizing. as far the taste...i personally wouldn't say it tastes like tomato soup. However I can stomach it a lot better than the chicken or leek soups.

i added sauteed spinach and mushrooms, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. it helped spice it up a bit. otherwise it is really bland.
Yeah the color is a bit weird -- especially when it the really red stuff is left in the bottom of the shaker. I like this soup as a sub for veggie tortilla soup (well kind of)-- I add cilantro, mushrooms, cauliflower rice, broccoli i sautee veggies in a chipotle, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano spice blend (you could probably do this with a good chili powder)-- I then add the veggies to the soup with some hot sauce and a squeeze of lime -- it is delicious. (sometimes I top it with a bit of salsa as my occasional veggie treat) -- I think this soup has lots of potential as a base but I agree on its own it is a bit bland.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Let's see if it worked
Old 02-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #38  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default To JSP ? for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Hi Pegsi,

Hang in there is my best advise. I had a horrible plateau, thru December and January, only lost three pounds. Then I switched to only drinks for breakfast (rather than an IP omelet or cereal) and snack, ate strictly on protocol, stopped all cardio (but walked at least 2 miles a day) and the Woosh fairy awarded me with a 3 lb loss in one week. I just returned from my most recent weigh in and lost another two (in two weeks, but still a pound a week) so February has turned out much better. I am starting phase 3 next week because the inches are falling off faster than the pounds, and my size 6pants are in the danger zone of being too loose. I hope it helps, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks for this reply JSP, I am in the same boat as Pegsi. The dreaded plateau! I was wondering how long it took you to reach your goal weight since we are similar in height and goals.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I had my third WI yesterday and even though it's my TOM, I'm -3, for a total of 12 lbs in just over 3 weeks. The inches are moving too, although my waist - my diabetic apple waist - isn't budging yet. I so look forward to that physical shift. I have to say, that I enjoy and get so much more out of this forum than I do from my coaches. My coach is a cardiologist and her nurse, and yesterday I got a 30 minute lecture on how I need to both relax, and do better. My blood pressure is still high - the reason I'm doing this in addition to weight loss, and it was very upsetting. I have anxiety about having my BP taken - someone I love dearly died in my arms of a heart attack and she knows I get frightened, and so she sort of picked a fight with me right before she took my blood pressure, I was red in the face and then sure enough, it was high. Does anybody else out there have high blood pressure and what did you do? Should I cut back on the salt? She never bothered to answer any of my questions, just lectured and made me feel awful. I would love to hear something helpful, scare tactics don't work well with me. My blood pressure is down from when I started this, and I don't take medications - can't handle them.
Many Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

testing for signature...

yay! i finally got a siggy!

Last edited by cajunbumblebee; 02-15-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I have more incentive to lose my weight.... My Boyfriend of 9 years proposed last night! So we're geetting married in the spring of next year!
By that time I will be a beautiful slender bride!
Congratulations!! Just think what fun you'll have, trying on any dress in the store! Share pictures!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #42  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Good morning everyone. I had my third WI yesterday and even though it's my TOM, I'm -3, for a total of 12 lbs in just over 3 weeks. The inches are moving too, although my waist - my diabetic apple waist - isn't budging yet. I so look forward to that physical shift. I have to say, that I enjoy and get so much more out of this forum than I do from my coaches. My coach is a cardiologist and her nurse, and yesterday I got a 30 minute lecture on how I need to both relax, and do better. My blood pressure is still high - the reason I'm doing this in addition to weight loss, and it was very upsetting. I have anxiety about having my BP taken - someone I love dearly died in my arms of a heart attack and she knows I get frightened, and so she sort of picked a fight with me right before she took my blood pressure, I was red in the face and then sure enough, it was high. Does anybody else out there have high blood pressure and what did you do? Should I cut back on the salt? She never bothered to answer any of my questions, just lectured and made me feel awful. I would love to hear something helpful, scare tactics don't work well with me. My blood pressure is down from when I started this, and I don't take medications - can't handle them.
Many Thanks.
Awesome job on the weightloss!!!!! as for the Dr. -- my obgyn used to do this ALL the time to me when I was pregnant.. give me a lecture or a scare tactic p@#s me off and then take my blood pressure - so of course it was high. Finally I went and bought 2 not 1 but 2 home blood pressure machines - I took my blood pressure 3 times a day for a week and the next time I saw him I presented both machines (which stored the readings) -- he looked at me and backed way way way off -- I guess he didn't think I was taking him seriously but when I showed up with my machines and the readings -- all he could do was stammer a bit - tell me perhaps the machines were reading wrong - to which I replied it was Ironic that both of them from different companies would come up with the same readings -- anyway that was the end of that. Also not sure if you take your mag calcium supplements but magnesium does help lower blood pressure - my naturopath put me on this and it worked like a charm-- good luck to you ... i know how frustrating dr's can be - sometimes although they have your best interests at heart the way in which they go about conveying that is less then professional/kind or sympathetic.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #43  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Many Thanks.
I had very high blood pressure and was on meds to control it. After 4 weeks I am off my BP meds and it is still dropping. I would still get your recommended salt intake and just watch your BP closely even though you do not like to have it checked, you need to be proactive and monitor it. Get a home BP tester. This diet can get your BP to come down.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I had very high blood pressure and was on meds to control it. After 4 weeks I am off my BP meds and it is still dropping. I would still get your recommended salt intake and just watch your BP closely even though you do not like to have it checked, you need to be proactive and monitor it. Get a home BP tester. This diet can get your BP to come down.
Thank you so much Cheekywit and Juiceman - seriously, thank you. I bought a BP machine at Costco - but I don't think it's accurate. I need to get it checked out next to a BP machine I can trust. Thank you both, I am so glad to hear of your experience Cheekywit - your story really helps me process yesterday, and Juiceman - so glad to hear that this program helped you. I will remain hopeful.
A little positive affirmation can go a long way towards wellness.
Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Just checking again with the right weight!!
Closed Thread