Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
W5 last night, and didn't go that well -.08, but I knew that would happen after my cheat and TOM this week. On to a new week!

I bought Ketostix to see when I will be back in Ketosis. Does anyone have any insight on these? I tested myself before bed and I was at a moderate level and then again this morning and I only had trace amounts. Is this normal for morning and night? And should I be at the very top end of the scale once back in ketosis?

Thanks and have a great IP day!
Don't worry about the color of the ketostix. Even if you're at bottom end (lightest)of coloration,if you are following protocol 100%, you are in a trace ketosis which is fine. You would have to be concerned if the color got too far to the dark color according to my coach, so I stopped using them a few months ago when I saw the color was pretty much the same while sticking 100% on protocol. AND of course, the weight came off which is the proof of the pudding. ON a personal note...I found that I was obsessing over the ketostix and running to the bathroom checking all the time...did me no good but to obsess over yet one more thing. Then I would read the posts from the Senior members who would just say...if you do the diet to the tee, your body will do the rest. Boy...they were right!! Have a great day and hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Alternative Phase 1
Alternative Phase 1 is for people who have diabetes. Coaches may suggest it for other reasons, as well.

Alternative Plan - Phase 1 - To Be Followed Until 90% Of Your Weight Goal Is Achieved

Breakfast

1 IP packet
plus one group choice (groups listed below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

Lunch

1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

Dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

Snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

Regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multi-grain, sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice (not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 grams corn

GROUP 2

Fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.)
Fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

GROUP 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 6 oz glass milk (2% B.F. or less)
30 grams hard cheese (about 20% B.F.)
120 grams cottage cheese
60 grams feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.
WOW thank you so much... I will print this out right away... he will be so happy
Old 02-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #33  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
Major NSV for me....So at work we were asked to hand out candy to our students so they would complete a survey. The bowl of candy has been sitting on my desk for a week now with my favorite candies....TWIX and Hersey's.......I have not eaten any of them....But yesterday I didn't even consider eating one.......small step but in the right direction.....Excited for WI tomorrow hopefully I will be atleast another 2lbs down....

I am worried about Valentines day......debating on whether or not the cheat is worth it....Chocolate is my weakness

Good Luck to everyone today and keep shedding those pounds...
DON'T DO IT!! It's not worth it! I decided over the holiday's that a little cheat wouldn't hurt me. It will. Not the cheat so much itself, but the mindset of getting out of 100% OP. I've had a really hard time getting back to 100% OP and I'm sure others will say the same. Stick to it and it will benefit you the most so you will be done sooner.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a large NSV last night. I made cupcakes for my daughters' pony club valentines party. Double chocolate (my favorite) and Double Strawberry. My house smelled so good! Just like chocolate covered strawberries. I didn't even lick the spoon! The girls were afraid to go to bed last night and leave me alone with them and my husband offered to frost them for me. Bless their hearts. They want me to succeed sooo bad. Their concern and reading these posts help so much when the blues hit. Have a great 100% OP day everyone!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #35  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

here's a pic of my turnip fries i made last night. i'm in LOVE i used regular purple top turnips, sliced them up in the shape of fries, seasoned with onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt. baked on 375 for 20 minutes, flipped, baked for another 5-10 minutes. YUM!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #36  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

cajunbumblebee: I must have done something wrong because mine looked nothing like this!!!! LOL, looks yummy!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #37  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
here's a pic of my turnip fries i made last night. i'm in LOVE i used regular purple top turnips, sliced them up in the shape of fries, seasoned with onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt. baked on 375 for 20 minutes, flipped, baked for another 5-10 minutes. YUM!

Did you oil them or the foil.....this is very similar to what I tried. Did they come out crispy or mushy? Glad you had great success. Could you give me some more details.....

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHi View Post
Good morning! I am on day 7, can't believe I made it this far! Yesterday was tough, I found myself staring into the fridge quite a few times looking for "something" and then I'd remember my plan and pull my head out. I did finally give in and have a string cheese after dinner but at least that has lt 1 carb.

Week 1 has been extremely hard for me. My inner fat girl, Bertha, keeps telling me that I will never be able to do this another week but then I wake up and get on the scale or I read here about your success and I manage to get through the moment. I am focusing on one day at a time.

In one week I will be going on a short cruise with the girls. The thought of that is helping me stay motivated. My plan is to stick to protein foods and salads, treating the cruise as a spa rather than an all-you-can-eat-all-the-time experience.

Have a great day!
Just remember that the food doesn't taste as good as skinny feels. I returned from an 11 day cruise 2 weeks ago, I have been on maintenance since Oct. 22nd. I ate what I wanted only gained 2 pounds and lost it right away when got home. But I can tell ya, I was tired and the food didn't taste good enough for how I felt. Food is just not that important anymore. Enjoy your energy and you are on target. Treat the ship like a spa and enjoy the awesome fresh veggies and fruits!!! You can do it, it is definitely worth it.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Did you oil them or the foil.....this is very similar to what I tried. Did they come out crispy or mushy? Glad you had great success. Could you give me some more details.....

Thanks.
i spritzed the foil 2 or 3 times with Smart Balance spray and flipped the "fries" around in it. then added seasoning, flipped, seasoned again on the other side, then baked.

i tried drying them out on a paper towel overnight once, but i didn't notice different results. the thinner ones do get crispier. the normal sized ones have more of the consistency of Wendy's fries...before they changed to the new natural fries. me likey!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning to everyone....A few days ago I asked for help regarding a small business dinner party that I needed to attend but was concerned about the menu. UPDATE: By the time I got a hold of the hostesses cell # and had a chance to call it was early afternoon, I didn't think at that late hour it was appropriate to call, I made up my mind to take a plate of my own food leave it in the car arrive early and scope out the menu, then decide if I was going to eat or make mention of my diet. (remember my hostess has done IP). I was very stressed about this however.....2 hours before the meeting I received a text that the original e-mail stating dinner would be served was a mistake and there would be no dinner served, sorry for the misunderstanding....SORRY I was thrilled to say the least. I didn't have time to talk to the hostess about my delima but I will at a later date I'm sure we will both get a good laugh out of it. Thanks to all you that responded with advice.

Had WI#4 yesterday and as expected no weight loss however I had inches lost and they are in my problem areas so I am just fine with that. Also today scale is moving in the downward direction YEA!!!

Congrats to all you who are losing out there, Mrs D good luck on your surgery, please check in and let us know how your doing.

Juiceman....congrats on all your NSV's

Couts...You to, be careful not to lose your pants while at work, that could be the talk of the station for a long time
Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

YIKES!! I get up this morning and trudge in to weigh myself-didn't do it yesterday and found that I had gained 3lbs in 2days!!! I am 100% on phase 3. I know I can expect to gain, but didn't think it would be this fast!! I'm actually afflicted with the big "C". and am hoping that is what it is. I was going to take some colon cleanse tabs, but coach told me to stick with the nova lax and add magnesium citrate to it. I'm exercising, eating plenty of veggies, drinking over the limit of water and have been taking the nova lax regularly. Any other suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! Feeling bloated and miserable!!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #42  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
i spritzed the foil 2 or 3 times with Smart Balance spray and flipped the "fries" around in it. then added seasoning, flipped, seasoned again on the other side, then baked.

i tried drying them out on a paper towel overnight once, but i didn't notice different results. the thinner ones do get crispier. the normal sized ones have more of the consistency of Wendy's fries...before they changed to the new natural fries. me likey!
Thanks for posting this. I have tried turnip fries twice, once last night and on superbowl sunday. Mine were mushy, but I still liked them, but I would like a bit of crunch to them. I will try your method. I think I may also invest in a fry cutter as I have a hard time getting them to be uniform in shape.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Just remember that the food doesn't taste as good as skinny feels. I returned from an 11 day cruise 2 weeks ago, I have been on maintenance since Oct. 22nd. I ate what I wanted only gained 2 pounds and lost it right away when got home. But I can tell ya, I was tired and the food didn't taste good enough for how I felt. Food is just not that important anymore. Enjoy your energy and you are on target. Treat the ship like a spa and enjoy the awesome fresh veggies and fruits!!! You can do it, it is definitely worth it.
dont forget the awesome seafood ! YUM
Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #44  

Quote:

i HAVE TO try these...........now how much are we allowed to eat of these?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, my visit from the super has come and gone and I am pleased to say I held it together and think my students did exceptionally well. He did not stay to talk but said he would call me and I think that is a good sign that he does not feel the need to speak with me urgently right after the visit.
As for those who are contemplating a cheat on valentines day - I have thought the same thing, but I am pretty sure my boyfriend would have my head if I did. He is so supportive and I know we will cook an amazing IP dinner together and just have quality time with eachother.
Now that my day has gotten off to such a good start I cannot wait until this afternoon for my weigh-in!
Closed Thread