Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #91  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Talked with my coach and says pounds lost is good but should look at BMI. So we are going to get my BMI down and not focus so much on numbers. For my height I should probabaly weigh 115-120 and my coach says that is a real possibility for me now. Riding high on the weight loss wave right now. One day at a time!!!
I think you can do it, too, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #92  

Yep, I have fuzzy teeth when I'm in ketosis... I've used Pearl Drops Tooth Polish for many years & always loved the way it made my teeth feel... but this ketosis fuzz is just too much for it... maybe I'll switch to the 3D White for a test... thanks for the suggestion, serendipityberry...

hugs
Old 02-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #93  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Totally! I use my Sonicare as well, but you have to try 3D white effects toothpaste from Crest. It has the slightest bit of graininess to remove surface stains. You'll love it!
oh, i'll have to try that! right now i use aquafresh iso-active and it gets really foamy, which is good for in between the teeth, but it doesn't do much for the gritty feeling. my best friend just told me that if my teeth get any whiter i will start blinding people. i have really white teeth for some reason, even through i smoked for 8 years.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

YEAH - just found out an acquaintance of mine is starting IP next week. My SIL is a Nurse Practitioner and introduced me to IP - and now the word is spreading and this friend contacted me on FB. I'm so excited for her to get started! I've already told her all about this site.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #95  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Question for all to ponder and respond to if you would like....
How many of you believe the BMI number that is given to you that you should attain and your ideal weight?

Do many of you concentrate on that BMI number being in a given range to be "healthy"?

What if you are not average frame build (skeletal), what if you have more muscle mass...etc, how do you look at BMI?

I have some thoughts about it and do not agree with what my "BMI" should be acording to some piece of paper that only takes into acount height and weight. Just looking for others thoughts on this.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
How many of you believe the BMI number that is given to you that you should attain and your ideal weight?

Do many of you concentrate on that BMI number being in a given range to be "healthy"?

What if you are not average frame build (skeletal), what if you have more muscle mass...etc, how do you look at BMI?

I have some thoughts about it and do not agree with what my "BMI" should be acording to some piece of paper that only takes into acount height and weight. Just looking for others thoughts on this.
i've heard the only truly accurate way to calculate bmi is water immersion... ??? bod pod, etc... makes more sense doesn't it? i have a friend who measures wrist, and a few other places for a calculation... or even fat calipers you'd think was a better option than dividing height and weight..
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #97  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

juiceman, I know personally that I can not depend on a chart to determine my healthiest weight. I have always had huge bones. If I made my goal weight what the charts tell me to, I'd look like death walking. For me, my ideal weight is still a question mark but it's when I feel really healthy in my own skin and wear a size that I feel is my best look. Hope that was too jibberish-ish.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #98  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I don't concentrate too much on the whole BMI thing. i think back to all the weights i have been and how i felt at that time. I felt pretty good when i got married when i was 170 pounds. I think if i can just get back to 170 i can kind of decide from there how much more i want to lose. only 43 more pounds to get there
Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #99  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Ugh!! Been extremely busy at work today, but I scanned today's posts and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!! And thank you for all the turnip fry ideas, my family is having hamburgers tonight, and me I will be having a bunless burger with a side of turnip fries. YUM. I too lost at my WI last night, 2.2 pounds and a couple of inches gone. Not a huge loss but at least it is a loss. I am wondering since I am 100% OP that maybe I should add some light exercise. Any tips?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 224/205/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
My coach said that we are supposed to stay away from legumes on phase 1 and technically that is what this is...but if i absolutely have to then fine i can have some and i just have to count it toward my 5 oz of protein that i would be eating for dinner. ultimately we decided it was just best to save it for when i can phase them back into my diet.

So WI #5 and yippee down another 3.8!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!! half way to my goal now!!! HOORAY!!!
My coach said they are ok only 1-2 times a week. I have eaten then every week for the last 4 weeks and have lost anywhere from 2.5 to 5 lbs. So I think they are ok!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
Good morning everyone. I love to start my day reading your posts.

I'm not having a good day today. Yesterday I was in IP bliss...today I am totally aggravated. The scale has not moved in 3 DAYS. This is my 10th day on the program, and my last week for big numbers lost on the scale. I'm following the plan to a "T". What am I doing wrong? I'm hoping my body isn't going into starvation mode.
This happens to me every week. I WI on wednesday and my scale doesn't usually move til Sunday. I follow the plan to a T and never go off. But once Sunday comes around my scale really moves. Not sure why this is happening but I say as long as I am loosing, I'm fine with it. I never go out of ketosis either. good luck!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #102  

Had my 5th WI today and I was very scared cause its TOM but I actually lost 2.5lbs and a half inch every where. SO excited!!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #103  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

What you all say about BMI is true BUT I hope you don't throw rulemom off track. I think the reason her coach brought up BMI is to show her that there is at least a 50 pound difference between her initial goal and the [fictive] BMI.

Last edited by Linden; 02-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
Had my 5th WI today and I was very scared cause its TOM but I actually lost 2.5lbs and a half inch every where. SO excited!!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
Great for you! Wow...you're almost in Onederland.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
i've heard the only truly accurate way to calculate bmi is water immersion... ??? bod pod, etc... makes more sense doesn't it? i have a friend who measures wrist, and a few other places for a calculation... or even fat calipers you'd think was a better option than dividing height and weight..
I agree body fat % is a more precise indicator of health than BMI. But let's not kid ourselves, if our body fat% is in reasonable range, our BMI is most probably going to be in the recommended range. For the most part it's extreme mesomorphs and elite athletes who fall above the BMI range for their height. One thing I know for sure: I'm not a power lifter or Olympic rower.

At the risk of boring (or annoying) long time members and lurkers, I'll repeat my favourite comment about determining body fat percentage: "Autopsy is the most accurate and effective means of body fat assessment. And, guess what, it’s a little inconvenient for most of us."
Closed Thread