Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I'm really not sure what it is I'm not liking anymore. I used to like it! I just can't eat it anymore and I don't have any extra packets so I am trying to decide what I should eat instead. Someone said we can substitute two eggs for a packet, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
scramble up two eggs?
Bingo! Two eggs is good. Or you could substitute a regular "dinner" protein. chicken, fish, etc.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

My Aunt came in from out of town and tried to feed me some fancy brownie recipe she made with chili powder and cayenne pepper. I was strong! Yay me!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #123  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I agree body fat % is a more precise indicator of health than BMI. But let's not kid ourselves, if our body fat% is in reasonable range, our BMI is most probably going to be in the recommended range. For the most part it's extreme mesomorphs and elite athletes who fall above the BMI range for their height. One thing I know for sure: I'm not a power lifter or Olympic rower.

At the risk of boring (or annoying) long time members and lurkers, I'll repeat my favourite comment about determining body fat percentage: "Autopsy is the most accurate and effective means of body fat assessment. And, guess what, it’s a little inconvenient for most of us."
Now that made me laugh! Excellent comment on the situation and certainly not how I would care to find out the real percentage!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #124  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default May be too lengthy for some to read.

Well, I have reread Mon., read Tues. and Todays post. So many different things going on these days. I made notes, going to address some issues and may address some tomorrow. We are suppose to get snow tonight in north Alabama, our 4th snow and be gone tomorrow afternoon, well we'll see.

sngn4God in ok. said snow and very warm weather this weekend. Same here. Happy Anniversary!!

Slickmouse, how much snow do you have now?

Judo, have you found that red swim suit? I will have to buy a swim suit this year. The size 14 I wore last June will be wayyyyy too big. I am wearing a size 6 in jeans. I hadn't thought about red, although that is one of my colors and one of my favorites, but after reading judo's posts I am interested in red. After reading various post about swim suits and seeing Loosingforgood beautiful picture it occured to me, I could wear a 2 piece if I want to. I am going to check into the tankini style and go from there. Believe me, this is going to be interesting, you see I turned 66 years young on Jan.2 I haven't worn a 2 piece in many years.

Coastalcrafter, My older son married in 1991 and I was 46. I found that most of the dresses were styled for older ladies, jacket dresses with pleats and on and on. I finally found a fitted 2 piece in the appropriate color in a size 8. I was happy. I am glad you have the right style and color for you. It is a big deal.

To those who have mentioned weighing every day, I have weighed every day that I have been home and documented it. This has not stressed me out at all. I began to see a pattern, a number of days at the same weight and then a move. I didn't gain all of my weight in one day, one month or one year. We are all different, so do what is best for you. I made the mistake last summer of comparing my weight loss with some of you, I had to stop doing that. I made the mistake of setting a time frame for myself in the beginning, I soon realized my body was going to do this program as it chose, although I was and still am on protocal.

Linden, I am glad you have lost the 8 pounds you gained on your trip and hopefully you have lost all of the stress too. Enjoy your time in Germany and be careful what you lick.

The BMI diccusion, mine was obese, now it is normal. I'll take that.

Juiceman, the baggy shirts. I hope you don't misunderstand my comments. After a 30 pound loss clothes are going to hang differently, imagine after another 60 pounds. I don't see how you will be able to wait till you are done. I don't know what is involved in new work clothes, maybe a few inexpensive shirts in the near future. You are doing great in so many ways and have precious encouragement at home. Represent Ip and yourself in the best way you can. As far as myself, I have noticed that sometimes women will look at me ( I look different ) and not say a word, on the other hand a man will not hide his reaction. I have a female cousin (husbands side) who has seen me several times in the past 8 months, sat beside me when we opened gifts at a family Christmas party and has never mentioned the difference in the size of my body. I haven't said a word to her about loosing weight, but I feel like someone in our family may have said something. Anyway life goes on gloriously.

As you can tell I didn't have any thing else I wanted to do tonight. The snow has arrived. I will be glad when we all have some warmer days. I will be able to do more work outside this year. Planning a big garden. Just finished 6 days on phase 3. I need to get my mind wrapped around phase 4, it will be here soon. Have a good night and stay safe, Judy
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Hello all today is my first weigh in day and I am excited/nervous! I am definitely going to have to get some new food tonight as lots of the food I initially bought I do not like.
Mainly I find the chocolate pudding gag worthy! even after adding extra water and some splenda still had to force myself to choke it down. I hate the after taste of the peach mango drink I tried to make it into a smoothie today with ice in a blender....needless to say it just ended up a frothy mess...booo. I think I am going to buy the omlettes and the pancakes I am thinking about the Jello but does it taste similar to real jello?? I think part of why I don't like a lot of the food is bc I am hyping it up to taste like normal food! *sigh* what I would give for a piece of peanut butter toast!
Your taste buds will change trust me. Try making a drink out of the pudding, I do not like the puddings as pudding either. I make frappe with mine. coffee (decaf) and ice with the pudding packet in my magic bullet. As for the jello (jelly) I love it. I think it tastes like the real thing.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #126  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Well today's weigh-in I would of rather used my home scale's weight, but committed to using the scale at my coaches office from the beginning. I lost 4.5lbs at home, and only 2lbs at the clinic. So I'll post the clinic's number.

Anyone have interesting ways to make the blueberry or pomagranate drink? Someone indicated that the IP Diet increased it's qty of meat/fish to 7oz/8oz? My coach hadn't heard of that. Any more on that?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #127  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!
I love the idea of 39 days until Spring too! We have a clear frosty morning here on Vancouver Island.
Well, WI last night was not stellar - down 1.2 lbs - but I was also not exactly on protocol all week so it was expected.
The great news is that I have lost 51 inches altogether - that's OVER 4 feet!!! Some highlites - 10 inches off my waist, 8 off my hips and approx 6 (depending where you measure) around my chest (which is mainly off my back).
New determination today to stay on track and keep my eye on the prize until I go away to Mexico. I REAAALLLLY want to be well into the 170s before I go.

Hope you all have a great IP day!!!
Congrats on your weight loss keep up the great job you are doing you are an inspiration to us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
So WI #5 and yippee down another 3.8!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!! half way to my goal now!!! HOORAY!!!
Congrats Amber, keep up the great job you are doing on your weight loss journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Lilly- edamame is not allowed on phase 1.

I'm seriously so thankful for this board and all the advice I get. I found myself with my coach today being like: "well on 3FC they say...." Whoops. Hope I didn't annoy her. She hadn't heard of the required restricted or increase in protein.

The BIG news is that today marks 4 weeks and with my 4.6 lb loss I've lost exactly 20 lbs!! The reason this blows my mind is that my insulin resistance has made me a slooooow loser on every weight loss program I tried. NOT IP!!
Congrats on your weight loss keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
Just had my 2nd weigh in on Phase II and I'm down -3.5lbs!! I tried a few new recipes... the kale chips were great, I added a bit of vinegar to them with the oil and they were AMAZING!! I made the crustless quiche which was good but I didn't sautee the ham and mushrooms before baking - next time I wont be so lazy! hehe And last night I made fennel salad and it was so easy and yummy! (thanks carla)

This week I will be starting Phase III and can't even imagine eatting MORE food!??! I need some ideas for grab and go/ quick breakfasts. I'm soooo not a morning person, even on Phase one I would not have my breakfast shake till 10am!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Started Phase 1 again to get that last little weight off and get to 150 and lost 6 lbs in the first week!!!!

I'm so excited and know I can do this. I love IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
on a side note...
a tried making my coffee earlier using the vanilla pudding as my powdered creamer. when i added it to the hot coffee it clumped up into a nasty consistency. how do you avoid this?
What I do is mix it with 8oz cold water and put in micowave for 1:20 and then add coffee to it, tastes like a vanilla latte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
did WI and lost 2.4 today. still going strong. i love this diet. looking for new veggies to try though. any suggestions. getting tired of old veggies. how are zuccini's, or yams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Score one for the red hot mess!!! Just back from WI #3 and -4.6 lbs. A grand total of 14.8 lbs and 12 inches. Just when I think I can't Wednesday gets here and then BAM I can go one more week. Really could not have gone this far without you guys. My goal weight 3 weeks ago was 175 because I thought that would be impossible. Started at 193 now 178. Talked with my coach and says pounds lost is good but should look at BMI. So we are going to get my BMI down and not focus so much on numbers. For my height I should probabaly weigh 115-120 and my coach says that is a real possibility for me now. Riding high on the weight loss wave right now. ( FYI numbers do so count for me). Thanks for listening to me brag!! Off to the orthodontist with the kids. Happy day for all the " loser" today and anyone who just made through the day. One day at a time!!!
That's awesome keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ugh!! Been extremely busy at work today, but I scanned today's posts and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!! And thank you for all the turnip fry ideas, my family is having hamburgers tonight, and me I will be having a bunless burger with a side of turnip fries. YUM. I too lost at my WI last night, 2.2 pounds and a couple of inches gone. Not a huge loss but at least it is a loss. I am wondering since I am 100% OP that maybe I should add some light exercise. Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
Had my 5th WI today and I was very scared cause its TOM but I actually lost 2.5lbs and a half inch every where. SO excited!!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Jeez...could I be any closer to my goal, but not there yet?
.8 lbs to go until I'm 130 on my coaches scale. He wanted to put 130 on his records, but I was like, nope...when it says 130 exactly I will fall to my knees and not a minute sooner. Gotta see this thru (call it a pattern of not finishing things that I want to conquer and the .8 lbs is a matter of principal for me.) I think that will help me get to the finish line on so many other levels, so .8 lbs to go for my goal.
Go sunnymae you can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Oh I had a great day today even though the weather is horrible here... Had my weigh in #3 and lost 5 lbs. Total = 22. I just love this. It is sooo easy. Plus my clothes are getting loose.....

Quote:
Soooo I just had my first weigh in today down 4.9lbs and 5 " which is great! but honestly I don't know why i was expecting more! I guess I was seeing these ppl that lost 7-12lbs their first week and I was hoping for that but everyone is different and 4.9lbs is great! and it hasn't even been a full week yet (6days). I was very happy to hear that my coach will let me trade in the foods I don't like for foods that I like I was thinking I wasted a lot of money on some nasty food but thats great!
Question can we eat turkey bacon?? I couldn't see a reason not as its basically turkey in bacon form and its delicious and is there such a thing as eating too many pickles?? I'm trying to ration myself here but boy I love pickles (have been eating approx 2-4 at night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just wanted you guys to know that MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! WI #18 today and after a whole month of disappointing losses, I posted my biggest loss today, tying week 1 (-4.8 lb). After surgery tomorrow, I should be staring down the barrel of 50 lbs lost!!!

Oh, and I managed to finish the Valentine's Day challenge. I was not thinking that was actually going to happen!
Congrats Mrs Diettrich keep up the great job you are doing and best of luck with your surgery.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #128  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Well today's weigh-in I would of rather used my home scale's weight, but committed to using the scale at my coaches office from the beginning. I lost 4.5lbs at home, and only 2lbs at the clinic. So I'll post the clinic's number.

Anyone have interesting ways to make the blueberry or pomagranate drink? Someone indicated that the IP Diet increased it's qty of meat/fish to 7oz/8oz? My coach hadn't heard of that. Any more on that?
Congrats Douger, keep up the great job you are doing.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #129  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default 'Morning

The Daily Chat thread for Thursday is open here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ry-2011-a.html

Join us there?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #130  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Jeez...could I be any closer to my goal, but not there yet?
Saw this last night (it's noon here) and was too tired to answer. I think you're doing splendidly; and I admire your stick-to-itivness, and perception.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #131  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I just wanted you guys to know that MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! WI #18 today and after a whole month of disappointing losses, I posted my biggest loss today, tying week 1 (-4.8 lb). After surgery tomorrow, I should be staring down the barrel of 50 lbs lost!!!

Oh, and I managed to finish the Valentine's Day challenge. I was not thinking that was actually going to happen!
I think your stars are aligned. Good luck and swift recovery.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #132  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Question can we eat turkey bacon?? I couldn't see a reason not as its basically turkey in bacon form and its delicious and is there such a thing as eating too many pickles?? I'm trying to ration myself here but boy I love pickles (have been eating approx 2-4 at night)

Watch it!! Combine the salt in the bacon with the salt in the pickles and you could be retaining so much water you'd think you weren't on the IP Program.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #133  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Wow. I did not mean to stir things up here. I know that everyone is built differently and think BMI is just a number. But what I realize now is that the lose is doable. Personally I don't think I would look right at 115 or even 120. But knowing now that I can get there is enough for me. I tried Jenny Craig for 4 weeks and lost 1 lbs. I felt like a fat loser every time I weighed in. On IP I am losing weight and thinking that I am worth it and I CAN do it. I know that when I reach a number that feels right to my body I will know when to maintain. I just want my inside self to match my outside self. Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. I really could not have done this without you. I am not stuck on a number just this new way of life.
It was worthing stirring things up to see that you've got you head around the program. And boy, are you doing well.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

yeahhhhhhhhhh and I hope your surgery went smoothly for you.. You were in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the "sisters" are smallie sized like you ordered!!! LOL
Closed Thread