Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #31  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Another little question I have, is it ok to eat EDAMAME on Phase I? (soy beans)
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Good Morning IPers!!

So just a quick post...Hope all is well and everyone stays on protocol and has great NSV's today.....

I noticed my weight loss have come to a stand still for this week...Unfortunately I weigh myself every morning....I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. I am trying to figure out what it can be from......

Gues i will see for sure at WI on friday.....Happy Hump Day
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I'm having a pretty crappy day. I cheated last night.
After weighting myself at home and seeing no change in a week, I gave in and had a large slice of angel food cake. Right after I did it I felt horrible guilt and now I think I might have kicked myself out of ketosis. The worst part of it was I was prepared for a no loss week because of TOM.
W5 tonight, hopefully there are some inches gone as I have been doing some light fat burning exercise.
Sorry to be such a downer, I just need to vent. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new life.
We all have these days...all of us...so you don't let it grab you today...drink your water and eat only nr foods today...its what you do today that matters..so get back in the grove...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #34  
Thankful

S/C/G: 209/166/??

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I have some questions regarding phase 4. I will post here because this thread is visited more than the "life after phase 1". I am starting maintenance next week and am a bit confused on keeping fats and carbs separate. I know fats at lunch, carbs at supper, but they also recommend spaghetti and meatballs for supper-is this not carbs and fats together?? They say beans for supper-can I have cornbread with that? Is it ok to have fruit and nuts for snacks throughout the day? Can anyone give me a sample of what their "normal" menu is like? Thanks!!

I would really like this information also. I am starting phase 4 today and I am scared! I don't know what to eat. I would really like to know what people are eating in 4.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Another little question I have, is it ok to eat EDAMAME on Phase I? (soy beans)
My coach said that we are supposed to stay away from legumes on phase 1 and technically that is what this is...but if i absolutely have to then fine i can have some and i just have to count it toward my 5 oz of protein that i would be eating for dinner. ultimately we decided it was just best to save it for when i can phase them back into my diet.

So WI #5 and yippee down another 3.8!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!! half way to my goal now!!! HOORAY!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #36  

Smile

I am surfing the internet today for the perfect red bathing suit...but I'm not going to buy it until I've finished my weigh loss journey...its exciting...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #37  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Lilly- edamame is not allowed on phase 1.

I'm seriously so thankful for this board and all the advice I get. I found myself with my coach today being like: "well on 3FC they say...." Whoops. Hope I didn't annoy her. She hadn't heard of the required restricted or increase in protein.

The BIG news is that today marks 4 weeks and with my 4.6 lb loss I've lost exactly 20 lbs!! The reason this blows my mind is that my insulin resistance has made me a slooooow loser on every weight loss program I tried. NOT IP!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #38  

I can't seem to get the smiles to work for me and the dancing veggies...I don't know what happened...

Help I'm without dancing carrots????????
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Amber..congrats!!! Keep it coming!!! :P

I asked in the recipe thread if we were allowed having lentils in phase1 but no one answered..so I am asking here.
I would make Lebanese lentil soup..since this makes my stomach work if you know what I mean( sry! ) without taking any floralax!
Same goes for corn...I know we aren't allowed and I know corn makes some people constipated...but if it does the exact opposite for people..are we still not allowed having any..because of the sugar I presume?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I`m forgetting what sweeteners we are allowed to use? Is splenda ok? Also, NSV....took a bath last night and my belly doesn`t hardly stick out of the water anymore! I used to look like a beached whale in the bathtub, not anymore! And that`s with only 13#s lost; what will it be like when the other 15-20#s gone?! Can`t wait
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post

Go figure that at that moment I went downstairs celebrated made a peanut butter sandwich for my boyfriend..and next thing you know I am licking the knife and almost going for a second scoop...WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! I am such an emotional eater it's not even funny! I lose weight and want to eat...serious issues going up in there!
Next time tell him to do is own peannut butter sandwich!!! haha!

I'm proud of you for this -5 pounds!! wow.. this program WORKS!! Sometimes i'm in the metro and I see an overweight person.. and I just want go to that person and to talk about IP.. I know I can't do that .. but everybody should know!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Next time tell him to do is own peannut butter sandwich!!! haha!

I'm proud of you for this -5 pounds!! wow.. this program WORKS!! Sometimes i'm in the metro and I see an overweight person.. and I just want go to that person and to talk about IP.. I know I can't do that .. but everybody should know!!

LOLL omg I think the same thing sometimes because I know this program works!!! Hahaha We can't do that that would be so rude..
I do sometime wonder how much easier this diet would be if EVERYONE on this planet would do it..wouldn't that be a great day?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Default Stay strong Camio87...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
It is day 13 for me, and according to my home scale I am down 15lbs. I am hoping for at least one more for tomorrow's weigh-in so I can break an even 8lb loss first and second week. I have been finding myself feeling ridiculously emotional the last few days - crying for no reason, getting way too upset about little things, beyond stressed at work.
I am contemplating taking a day off of work to recuperate from everything going on. I have followed the program to a T since I started and continue to enjoy the weight loss, however I am finding myself feeling more and more afraid of losing the weight. I have never been a healthy weight even since a young age - while I don't like the way that I am now, it is what I have known all my life and don't deal well with change.
Change is always incredibly difficult! I KNOW!! But I also know from experience (years ago) that if you continue with your weight loss, you will be stronger, happier, healthier, and much more confident. yay :-)

Also part of the emotion you're feeling is probably from the hormonal changes in your body. It will take some time, but I'm sure these will adjust.

Hang in there!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
I have not posted lately, but I read everyone's posts everyday. I am 6 weeks into program and am down 20 lbs! I love this way of eating.

I am trying new veggies. Getting bored with same old romaine, cucumber and celery salads.

I did not go to my weigh in yesterday. I am frustrated with the two different coaches that are at the clinic. They do not take their time measuring me, seems like they are too bothered to take any time with me. Thinking of going on with this solo. It is a lot of money to spend to get poor service. I can weigh myself. The problem is the products, I have been researching other products. It appears that you can get similar products if you stick to the basics like puddings and soups. Any comments?

Have a great day!

Linda
Hello Linda!

First of all.. Good job on the 20 pounds you have worked hard and you deserve it! I know it can be frustrating to have a coach that don't care that much.. mine is not very good but not bad. I know I could do this by myself but it gives me I little bit more motivation to go there and WI every weeks. I can prove to that person that I'm not a failure.. I don't know if that's clear, because if I do it by myself and one week I don't loose it will depress me and I could stop! Why change something that works?

I talk for me, but I hope you take the best decision ! Have a very good IP day!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #45  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Amber..congrats!!! Keep it coming!!! :P

I asked in the recipe thread if we were allowed having lentils in phase1 but no one answered..so I am asking here.
I would make Lebanese lentil soup..since this makes my stomach work if you know what I mean( sry! ) without taking any floralax!
Same goes for corn...I know we aren't allowed and I know corn makes some people constipated...but if it does the exact opposite for people..are we still not allowed having any..because of the sugar I presume?
Lentils and Corn are not allowed on phase 1 - 1 cup of lentils has somewhere in the vicinity of 45 carbs and only about 4 grams of fiber -- (again this might be different if you are doing the vegetarian version of IP) -- As for corn - this is also higher in carbs but for people who have insulin resistance corn can be a glucose nightmare (even worse than beans since beans at least have some protein ) -- so for now I would stay away from all legumes and lentils as well as corn.

As for the other issue -- go get this product by Nature Vitality called "Calm" it is a fizzy powder you put it water (the raspberry lemon tastes the best) a heaping teaspoon at night works like a charm (it is form of magnesium-so it is not a stimulant or a laxative and is not addictive)

Sorry I don't have better news about corn and lentils

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-09-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Closed Thread