3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
GOOOD Morning everyone!!!

First of all LOSINGFORGOOD2010 You look AMAZING. I really hope you enjoyed yourself on your trip!!!
I had such a good week last week I surprised myself everyday! I stuck to protocol and saw the scale go DOWN. Even on the weekend filled with b-day parties...I ordered steak veggies and drank Perrier with crystal light instead of the good old vodka lime and so on...and it wasn't even hard! I was so proud!
Yesterday morning I felt horrible..didn't go to work decided to go weigh myself...-5!!!!!!!! I was soo happy I was doing the happy dance going down the stairs.... Go figure that at that moment I went downstairs celebrated made a peanut butter sandwich for my boyfriend..and next thing you know I am licking the knife and almost going for a second scoop...WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! I am such an emotional eater it's not even funny! I lose weight and want to eat...serious issues going up in there!
My boyfriend looked at me with big eyes and it was like the movies..I put down the knife sloooowly and just looked at it and started saying NO NO NO NO YOU COULD DO THIS LOLLLL geez louiseeee! Anywho It tasted good, got my taste buds satisfied and my guilt up high too but what is done is done right and I will just look at this and remind myself that I did right this whole time,..I can do it right one day at a time I am seeing this a learning experience!

I hope you all have a FANTASSSTIC IP day my friends
xoxoxox
hahhahhahhahahah you made me burst out laughing re: the knife..... I would not worry about the licking of the knife...seriously.. and CONGRATS on the loss woo hooooooooooooooooo
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
CBG
Senior Member
 
CBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Posts: 210

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Morning everyone! We are supposed to start another warming trend today. The swings in temperature this past month have been crazy making for very interesting driving conditions.
I am on day 4 in phase III. Those big breakfasts feel like enough food for the entire day and I am still struggling a bit to finish all the food at one sitting! Who would have thought? Hope you all have a terrific IP day!
__________________
CBG is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Congratulations!! That must feel great. You look fabulous in your picture by the way! We have 12 days before we go and I am so excited and pumped to go-thanks to your advice. Thanks again!
Thank you, and ENJOY your trip
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
Good morning everyone. I am so inspired by LOSINGFORGODD2010. You do look amazing. I've had a good week. Fitting back into the Size 8 Banana Republic's. The J Crew size 8's - still a little tight. Amazing how much different brand sizes are.

Went to a birthday party Monday night at our local bar and grill where they have wing night. Opted out for a big salad and tips. They were very good. I'm sure I ate more than 5 oz. but I know it was a much better choice than the wings. I had water with lemon. I wish I would have thought of having a Pelligrino, but still I think it was a big success.

Thanks to all you wonderful people who keep me inspired!!!!
Thank you for your kind words...and you did GREAT !!!! size 8? wow... I can only dream hahhah
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
JudoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 320

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
I have not posted lately, but I read everyone's posts everyday. I am 6 weeks into program and am down 20 lbs! I love this way of eating.

I am trying new veggies. Getting bored with same old romaine, cucumber and celery salads.

I did not go to my weigh in yesterday. I am frustrated with the two different coaches that are at the clinic. They do not take their time measuring me, seems like they are too bothered to take any time with me. Thinking of going on with this solo. It is a lot of money to spend to get poor service. I can weigh myself. The problem is the products, I have been researching other products. It appears that you can get similar products if you stick to the basics like puddings and soups. Any comments?

Have a great day!

Linda
I think you need to go back...and tell them you are not feeling the love..they work for you..you pay them..tell them you feel like they are not concerned with you..be straight forward and honest...but go back..it works and you need to do all 4 phases...go get em...

To many times we allow people to make us just step back and hide or quit...go to them or the owner...
__________________
JudoGirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
JudoGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 320

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Wow 39 days until spring sounded great..I'm a little under the weather right now and still staying strong on Ideal Protein.. but missing my weigh in today.

So I will weigh in next wed..

I want to be done by spring...so you just gave me a little inspiration ...
I have 15 lbs to go and 39 days until spring...I can finish this...
and then go bathing suit shopping...something red and flashy...

I needed a kick this morning and I think that was it...
__________________
JudoGirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 13

It is day 13 for me, and according to my home scale I am down 15lbs. I am hoping for at least one more for tomorrow's weigh-in so I can break an even 8lb loss first and second week. I have been finding myself feeling ridiculously emotional the last few days - crying for no reason, getting way too upset about little things, beyond stressed at work.
I am contemplating taking a day off of work to recuperate from everything going on. I have followed the program to a T since I started and continue to enjoy the weight loss, however I am finding myself feeling more and more afraid of losing the weight. I have never been a healthy weight even since a young age - while I don't like the way that I am now, it is what I have known all my life and don't deal well with change.
Camio87 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #23
IP with alternatives
 
JCWilkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Default

So I'm having a pretty crappy day. I cheated last night.
After weighting myself at home and seeing no change in a week, I gave in and had a large slice of angel food cake. Right after I did it I felt horrible guilt and now I think I might have kicked myself out of ketosis. The worst part of it was I was prepared for a no loss week because of TOM.
W5 tonight, hopefully there are some inches gone as I have been doing some light fat burning exercise.
Sorry to be such a downer, I just need to vent. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new life.
__________________
Jamie


Don't go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Progress Photos
JCWilkie is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
It is day 13 for me, and according to my home scale I am down 15lbs. I am hoping for at least one more for tomorrow's weigh-in so I can break an even 8lb loss first and second week. I have been finding myself feeling ridiculously emotional the last few days - crying for no reason, getting way too upset about little things, beyond stressed at work.
I am contemplating taking a day off of work to recuperate from everything going on. I have followed the program to a T since I started and continue to enjoy the weight loss, however I am finding myself feeling more and more afraid of losing the weight. I have never been a healthy weight even since a young age - while I don't like the way that I am now, it is what I have known all my life and don't deal well with change.
I think a lot of us can relate to your words... however... trust us when we say, you WILL love THIS change... as will your body, your health, ....you will gain confidence, enjoy shopping for clothes again, and yes... it is strange to get compliments ( and you will get them) as we still 'feel' like the same people in our bodies... but it is the 'outer shell' that is changing...if you want... and sometimes it takes time for the two to catch up with each other... the visual, you see in the mirror.... and your feelings.... but its all good. At least this is / was my experience......... its all positive. You deserve THIS......... I believe we are responsible for our own happiness...... and as those pant sizes drop..........you will feel proud......... excited.....and determined to finish this. This is the first plan that has succeeded for me... i love it........... you are doing amazing... Keep coming to this forum for support ok? You can do this !!!
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I'm having a pretty crappy day. I cheated last night.
After weighting myself at home and seeing no change in a week, I gave in and had a large slice of angel food cake. Right after I did it I felt horrible guilt and now I think I might have kicked myself out of ketosis. The worst part of it was I was prepared for a no loss week because of TOM.
W5 tonight, hopefully there are some inches gone as I have been doing some light fat burning exercise.
Sorry to be such a downer, I just need to vent. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new life.
Well yes I imagine you kicked yourself out of ketosis with the cake... but pick yourself up and have a GOOD day today I have read where some people have NO loss in the week...and then next week SEVERAL pounds disappear... it does work... just stick with it...
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
rulemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 128

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Default

As Jucieman posted we has aLOT of snow yesterday and still this morning. For the 3 rd Wednesday on a the kids are out of school and I have a sick one. Before IP I would have snacked my way through the day but I am committed to this program. My 15 year old came yesterday from school as I was putting away groceries and asked if she could cut up some veggies for me and her dad. Such a love. My children have been so supportive asking about weigh ins and some nights taking over cooking for themselves. Makes life easier. I have two daughters that are my encouragement. If I can retrain them to eat healthier then they won't have to go through the struggles I did. Now ,off for my cut and color. Will be rocking the red hair when I weigh in today. Hope my coach can handle all this red hot mess!!!! Lol!!!
rulemom is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
kaarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 289

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good morning fellow IPers!
I love the idea of 39 days until Spring too! We have a clear frosty morning here on Vancouver Island.
Well, WI last night was not stellar - down 1.2 lbs - but I was also not exactly on protocol all week so it was expected.
The great news is that I have lost 51 inches altogether - that's OVER 4 feet!!! Some highlites - 10 inches off my waist, 8 off my hips and approx 6 (depending where you measure) around my chest (which is mainly off my back).
New determination today to stay on track and keep my eye on the prize until I go away to Mexico. I REAAALLLLY want to be well into the 170s before I go.

Hope you all have a great IP day!!!
__________________
kaarin is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 552

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!
I love the idea of 39 days until Spring too! We have a clear frosty morning here on Vancouver Island.
Well, WI last night was not stellar - down 1.2 lbs - but I was also not exactly on protocol all week so it was expected.
The great news is that I have lost 51 inches altogether - that's OVER 4 feet!!! Some highlites - 10 inches off my waist, 8 off my hips and approx 6 (depending where you measure) around my chest (which is mainly off my back).
New determination today to stay on track and keep my eye on the prize until I go away to Mexico. I REAAALLLLY want to be well into the 170s before I go.

Hope you all have a great IP day!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!! 4 feet omg
__________________


Started IP Aug 4, 2010 / Starting ROUND TWO July 3 2014

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #29
IP Start Date Jan 9th/13
 
Addy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, ON Canada
Posts: 122

S/C/G: 318.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Wow! first post of the day I am very happy to report that just 4 days since I Have returned from holidays, and ALL the holiday weight is now GONE!....
Great job, you look amazing!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
GOOOD Morning everyone!!!

...I ordered steak veggies and drank Perrier with crystal light instead of the good old vodka lime and so on...and it wasn't even hard! I was so proud!
Yesterday morning I felt horrible..didn't go to work decided to go weigh myself...-5!!!!!!!! I was soo happy I was doing the happy dance going down the stairs.... Go figure that at that moment I went downstairs celebrated made a peanut butter sandwich for my boyfriend..and next thing you know I am licking the knife and almost going for a second scoop...WHAT THE ****!!!!!!! I am such an emotional eater it's not even funny! I lose weight and want to eat...serious issues going up in there!
My boyfriend looked at me with big eyes and it was like the movies..I put down the knife sloooowly and just looked at it and started saying NO NO NO NO YOU COULD DO THIS LOLLLL geez louiseeee! Anywho It tasted good, got my taste buds satisfied and my guilt up high too but what is done is done right and I will just look at this and remind myself that I did right this whole time,..I can do it right one day at a time I am seeing this a learning experience!

I hope you all have a FANTASSSTIC IP day my friends
xoxoxox
I had to giggle at the peanutbutter comment. I have stopped myself a few times while baking and so on. It's a reflex and one that is hard to stop. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
I have not posted lately, but I read everyone's posts everyday. I am 6 weeks into program and am down 20 lbs! I love this way of eating.

I am trying new veggies. Getting bored with same old romaine, cucumber and celery salads.

I did not go to my weigh in yesterday. I am frustrated with the two different coaches that are at the clinic. They do not take their time measuring me, seems like they are too bothered to take any time with me. Thinking of going on with this solo. It is a lot of money to spend to get poor service. I can weigh myself. The problem is the products, I have been researching other products. It appears that you can get similar products if you stick to the basics like puddings and soups. Any comments?

Have a great day!

Linda
You have every right to tell the coaches how you are feeling. Even if you decide to go elsewhere, you sould let them know that their actions not only has lost them business, look poor for their company but can also reflect a negitive light on the IP program. Best of luck, stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all. We just got 10"-12" of snow yesterday and last night, uncommon for us here in Kansas. I love the snow, just not the shoveling part. My 4x4 gets around no problem, but the wifes van might struggle today.

I am 31 days into IP and feel great. Have WI#5 tomorrow and am hoping for a great number for a loss.

NSV's yesterday - I have had 3 different male co-workers stop me and ask if I have lost a considerable amount of weight? That is a strange question coming from males as we normally do not comment about each others weight. It was a great feeling. One even said I needed to get some new shirts as mine are all big, baggy and a bit sloppy. I used to wear 2XLT's and could easily wear a 1XLT but am putting off clothes shopping until I am done.

Another male co-worker asked me what I was doing. I explained it to him and he wants to talk to his wife about doing IP as well. He was amazed that I have lost 28+ in 30 days.

When I got home last night, my wife said "you look really slim! I don't think I have seen you this slim before." She is correct. I was heavier and bigger when I met her 5 years ago. That was a great feeling and my 5 year old is always telling me that I am getting smaller.

Good luck to everyone today and hope you all continue to have great successes.

LETS DO IT!
Great JOB! It is wonderful when co-workers comment. I had 5 different people at the college I work at stop me in the halls on Friday and comment on how I was 'wasting away" lol. It feels great and came at a time where I was actually looking in the mirror and thinking how far I still have to go. The compliments reminded me of just how far I have come.


WI yesterday, -2.2lbs, I'll take it! I'm fighting off a cold and feel like the swampthing today :S

Have a great day everyone.
__________________


W1 -9 W 2-7 W3 -4 W4 -2.4 W5 -4 W6 -2.6 W7 -1.6 W8 -4.8 W9 0 W10 -2.2 W 11 -4.6 W 12 -2.2 W 13 -3 W 14 -2.4 W 15 -2.8 W 16 0 W 17 -3.4 W 18 -4.2 W 19 -2 W 20 -2 W 21 -2 W 22 -3.2 W 23 +2 (3 day conference)W 24 -4lbs W 25 -4 W 26 -2.4 W 27 -3 W 28 1.6 W 29 2.8 W 30 -.6 W 31 -1 W 32 -3 W 33, -2 W 33 -2.8 W 34 3.2 W35 -2.2 W36 -3 W37 0 W38-1 W39 -2


Second time around.. Start Date January 9th, 2013

First time lost 138lbs,
Started May 18th, 2010
Addy is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
New to IP
 
Lilly0618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morninq everyone!!
It is a cold morning here in VA.
After 5 weeks of being on IP I decided to start doing some light exercise thinking it would speed up the weight loss. I got on the scale this morning, (no breakfast yet) and I have actually gained .6 pounds!!! I don't understand!!! My official WI is tomorrow and I think I am going to lose very little, if any weight. My exercise was not strenuous, I just walked for 30 min and did some push ups and ab exercises. My heart rate was in the fat burning zone.
I was ok thinking my weight loss could slow down but I am NOT ok with gaining weight!!
I am kind of sad. Should I stop working out? I feel good doing it but if it is going to make me gain weight or not loose ANY weight, I am going to stop.
Is this normal? What kind of excercise should I do if I want to help my weight loss?
__________________
Ultimate Goal





Short Term Goal

Lilly0618 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8 February 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 101 02-09-2011 09:46 AM
IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 2 February 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 136 02-03-2011 08:22 AM
IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/01/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 110 09-02-2010 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2