3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #91

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flirtyandthriving View Post
Thanks, for the suggestion but is it the Vanilla Peanut Bar? Is that the one you mean? I haven't seen a peanut butter bar...but I found one on Nashua Nutrition, the Healthsmart brand. I won't have it more than a quarter or a fifth at a time so it is more like a piece of candy when I am going crazy and nearing a disaster.
yes, the vanilla peanut bar. it is a pretty large bar, and sometimes i swear i see pieces of actual peanuts inside. it is good
Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #92

S/C/G: 219/219/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,
I read a post on here a few days ago about going through the emotions that you were maybe going through when you put on the weight, that when the weight comes off - those toxins and even feelings are released into the system. This really hit home with me. Is anyone else experiencing this? I find myself filled with a kind of white hot rage - I don't feel angry at all, and then one little thing has me arguing in my head with old friends who've slighted me, or an out of character response to my husband's driving, or just on the whole - completely out of perspective feelings of being disliked, or anger.... I've been an overweight female in Los Angeles for 10 years, after having spent most of my life not as an overweight person - the amount of cruelty that I've endured in this town, the amount of swallowing of my feelings that I've had to do for the last decade - seem to be coming to the surface and it's just, overwhelming. I'm definitely feeling it. And I didn't understand why until I read the post on here a few days ago.
Anybody? Care to share their experience with this?
Thanks.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #93
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I have tried the Turnip fries twice now with so so results. First time I think they were too thick and never dried out and started to burn.

Second time I cut them too thin and they shrivled up to nothing but were still a bit mushy.

What size did you make your fries? Were they crunchy? Any tips on how to prepare them would be helpful.

Thank you.
I cut my turnip fries (rutabagas - not purple top turnips) the same size as a regular french fry. I add a bit of oil into a ziploc bag and shake the turnip pieces to coat. I then place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and put them in the oven @ 450 degrees. Turn after the bottoms are nicely browned and take out when both sides are browned - sometimes the tips get a little burnt. Add a bit more real salt and enjoy! Not quite the same as deep frying them but a tasty substitute that is filling.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #94
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
We are allowed to use splenda, aren`t we?? I have it in my mind that we can, but I made the Amish slaw in the recipe thread and it is so good it makes me feel like I`m not eating on plan. It has splenda in it. I did cut back on how much and cut back on the oil also. Can someone just confirm that splenda IS okay, please?!

I don't see why not.. splenda is sucralose and it is in all IP foods EXCEPT the soups! (the only thing that doesn't give me a migraine reaction after eating them..) I'm using a protein powder made sweetened with stevia ( it comes from a plant)no chemical reaction to that so far.. yeah!!!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #95
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
We are allowed to use splenda, aren`t we?? I have it in my mind that we can, but I made the Amish slaw in the recipe thread and it is so good it makes me feel like I`m not eating on plan. It has splenda in it. I did cut back on how much and cut back on the oil also. Can someone just confirm that splenda IS okay, please?!
Yes, Splenda is fine, just be mindful of how much you are using. The Splenda that comes in the box or bag and is generally used for baking (the fluffy stuff) has less than 1 carb per 1 tsp, but that means that it has anywhere between 0.5 & 0.999 grams of carbs. You start getting into trouble (depending on what you're putting it in) when you're using it in larger quantities. For example, I made SF jello with splenda (2 cups) and realized that my pan of jello had anywhere between 60 -100 carbs in it. :-( It was sure yummy though! Splenda that comes in the little packets has less than a half gram of carbs in it because it is a slightly different formulation (not designed to be measured cup for cup like the granulated stuff is).

I hope I didn't just confuse you!

My journey in pictures! UPDATED 5/10!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #96
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I am so excited. Went for my WI yesterday and I'm down 4 pounds! I've been up and down at the same weight for the last month or so (yes my fault). IT was very exciting to see the numbers drop. Here's to another week 100% OP so I can do it again.
Congrats on your weight loss thats awesome keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideagain View Post
Just wanted to thank my buddy Couts71 for his delicious recipe ideas.
had the chicken sausage stew last night and everyone in the house ate it; with little complaints! why i cooked lettuce (spinach) was an amazment to my 3yr old, but she ate it.
i also watched a video of me riding my horse at a horse show this summer and it helped to provide extra incentive to get these extra pounds off! tight show clothes are not attractive!
Hey Girl!!! Hope you are finding the program easier. I am proud of your success so far and I know you can do this keep up the great job you are doing see ya next week when I am back from Winterpeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good Morning fellow Ip'ers...I'm having a bit of a rough week, the scale has stayed the same since Saturday. I have been 100% on protocol. The only thing is a few days I have eaten later then normal or let more time pass between meals then usual, however sometimes these things can't be helped. I have read most all your posts and I know this happens especially around wks 3 or 4 and it's week 4 for me so I'm trying to keep my chin up. My clothes are certainly fitting better so that's a wonderful thing since one of my main issues is the old "Muffin Top".

Another problem, I'm supposed to go to a small dinner party tonight (6 people) and I'm really stressed about the dinner menu. It's more of a business meeting at a private residence and I'm trying to get up the nerve to ask what the menu is or to ask if I can bring my own food. The nice thing is the hostess has already done IP so if anyone will understand she will..Any suggestions on how to handle this would be helpful? If it were friends it would be no problem I don't hide the fact that I'm dieting and I don't brag about it either.

One more thing..I'm so thankful for this site and all the posts, so that I know this almost zero weight loss this week is normal, if it weren't for you all I would be really depressed this week.

Ok sorry this was so long....but any suggestions about the dinner tonight would be great...Thanks!!
Hang in there you can do this keep up the great job you are doing I believe in you and next week will be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Good morning gang. Yesterday's WI showed 2 more pounds down for a total of 27. Still on course and reaching for Onderland. Everyone have a great week!
Congrats on your weight loss thats awesome keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascho View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I have officially been on the Ideal Protein for nine days. After the first seven days, I was down nine lbs! Woo Hoo. The last two days, I have either not lost, or gained a pound. What's going on? I'm drinking a lot of water, no pop, following the diet. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just looking for some words of encouragement. Thank you so much. -Dawn
You are doing absolutely fine you will see the pounds fall off soon enough just keep up the great job you are doing and don't worry everyday about the scale. You can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Hello all, Today is day 6 of IP and I feel soooo much better. Yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel I felt so sick but I think I have finally gotten over the hump. Tomorrow is my first WI day and I am very excited! I can definitely tell that I have lost some weight and I am excited to see how much (hoping for 5+ lbs)

I am going to Yoga today for the first time since being on IP my coach told me that low intesity exercise was ok as long as I had the energy. We shall see how it goes I brought a snack as I am going right after work. I plan on doing yoga twice a week as I really enjoy it and feel like I should be doing some sort of physical activity
Keep up the great job you are doing and hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Hello!
I'm fairly new to IP (just finished 4th week) but following it to a "T"--just had my weigh-in and lost 0, Zippo, Nada. I'm pretty bummed. I did lose 2.5 in. but not in places where I feel it in my clothes. I'm not giving up but just have to say this standstill came waaaay earlier in the process than I expected or wanted.

I am going to start exercising again. I was very active before starting IP and have been not doing much except walking the dog these past four weeks (as instructed by program consultant). Well, now I figure what can it hurt and at least it will help me mentally (pick up those endorphins).

Okay, just using this as a sounding board. Congrats to all who are doing well!
Keep up the great job you are doing and hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I had my first weigh in today (12 lbs. 5")
This is so awesome! I can't wait to continue. I lost the weight in 2 weeks, but we were snowed in last week so I couldn't get out. I had to use EAS shakes in a pinch, taste crappy, but didn't do any harm.
That's AWESOME!!! Keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly30 View Post
Hi all, I had my first WI today and lost 5.2 lbs! (even though MY scale says 6) it's ok because my WI was at 5:30pm. So cool! This program works, and I'm definitely not as sluggish as I was pre-IP. I've actually been cooking! This is something new to me, as I always resorted to easy to make, high carb foods. I gave chicken a go and it turned out good (i used salt-free Mrs. Dash for chicken). This forum is absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I found it because I am my coach's first client.
Way to go that is great keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Splenda is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Just got back from WI#5 and I am down 3.6 lbs and 5 inches!! Yay!!!
That is AWESOME!!! keep up the great job you are doing.

One for every 5 pounds lost

W1:-13.2 W2:-4 W3:-8.6 W4:-2.2 W5: -10.0 W6: -5.4 W7: -4.8 W8: -2.8 W9: -8.2 W10: -2.2 W11: -7.6 W12: -1.8 W13: -3.6 W14: -3.8 W15: -3.0 W16: -1.2 W17: -6.0 W18: -2.4 W19: +3.0 W20: -6.4 W21: -2.4
My Progress Pictures: NEW PICTURE ADDED 2011/05/02
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3661692
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #97

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi All,
I read a post on here a few days ago about going through the emotions that you were maybe going through when you put on the weight, that when the weight comes off - those toxins and even feelings are released into the system. This really hit home with me. Is anyone else experiencing this? I find myself filled with a kind of white hot rage - I don't feel angry at all, and then one little thing has me arguing in my head with old friends who've slighted me, or an out of character response to my husband's driving, or just on the whole - completely out of perspective feelings of being disliked, or anger.... I've been an overweight female in Los Angeles for 10 years, after having spent most of my life not as an overweight person - the amount of cruelty that I've endured in this town, the amount of swallowing of my feelings that I've had to do for the last decade - seem to be coming to the surface and it's just, overwhelming. I'm definitely feeling it. And I didn't understand why until I read the post on here a few days ago.
Anybody? Care to share their experience with this?
Thanks.
This is interesting because 9 days into the diet and I started feeling waves of depression today. I am an emotional eater and that is how I put on my weight. I have been fairly happy for the last year and a half though. I met a wonderful man and we married in June and things have been lovely from there. I cannot figure out the bummed-out-ness that I am feeling but it is so reminiscent of feelings that I haven't experienced for a while. Maybe it is just the hormones? I've heard IP can really mess with them, even to the point of rendering birth control ineffective.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #98

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

30flirtyandthriving and esammy12 I know where you are coming from I am way happy about losing weight and how great I am looking and feeling but sometimes my emotions can get the better of me. I am a very emotional person as it is so my family is quite used to my histrionics but even they give me looks once in awhile over my behavior. It doesn't take much to make me momentarily angry. As long as they don't have me commited (lol) I figure its all part of the process and mabye once I purge myself of these 'toxins' I won't get fat again!

I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY
my progress photos

IP Aug.01/10-Nov.15/10 182-150
IP+alt March 23/10 -????? 146-
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #99

S/C/G: 219/219/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
yes, the vanilla peanut bar. it is a pretty large bar, and sometimes i swear i see pieces of actual peanuts inside. it is good
The vanilla peanut bar is crazy good. Just crazy delicious. Between that, the BBQ crisps and the chocolate drink packet - it's hard to feel deprived!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #100
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I cut my turnip fries (rutabagas - not purple top turnips) the same size as a regular french fry. I add a bit of oil into a ziploc bag and shake the turnip pieces to coat. I then place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and put them in the oven @ 450 degrees. Turn after the bottoms are nicely browned and take out when both sides are browned - sometimes the tips get a little burnt. Add a bit more real salt and enjoy! Not quite the same as deep frying them but a tasty substitute that is filling.
The difference between your "fries" and Jman's may be, and I'm emphasizing the may, that you added the salt before you baked. Salt draws out water. But I wouldn't go overboard with the salt.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #101
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default This thread is now closed

but today's thread is now open for all your replies, questions, victories, and whatever else you feel like sharing: Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #102

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning!!

At first I tought it was really expensive too.. and I'm without a job right now so it's more complicated..

But for now THIS is my priority and I cut on the restaurants and drinks, so it helps. If it's your priority you can cut things to make it happen! No more shopping.. I reserve it for later and my new hot body!!
I had a bunch of friends who's reaction was that IP is too expensive, but when I tell them my numbers on what I spend a week on IP and way smaller amounts of groceries, plus ALL the money I've saved on not eating out minus cost of the wine and cocktails...wow...it's just about the same or a little less. My husband eats what I eat for dinner, plus I give him a high carb from BJ's, TJ's or Costco and his wine lasts way longer cuz I'm not drinking. Breakfast and lunch we do our own thing.

Like you said, this became a priority, and the time was right to do this and take care of myself, so congratulations for making your health #1. You deserve it!

maintaining since Feb 10,2011
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.