Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

i've learned that no matter how hard you try, you cannot make an IP chicken soup packet turn into an omelet...epic fail.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #92  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Default My list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Today I made a list of all the things I am looking forward to once I get to a healthy weight. Top of my list is a new, sexy black dress. If you have a list, what is at the top of it? I am curious as to what everyone else is looking forward to! And if you are already there, what are you LOVING about being there?
The top of my list is a new swimsuit, on that doesn't make me look like a Russian Olympic champ. I can't wear a two piece, thanks to the havoc my two kids put on my midsection during the pregnancy years, but I can rock a one piece! For now, I love wearing my size 6 jeans. When I was heavy, jeans were always tough for me because I am shorter, it was difficult to find a good pair that fits. I had an older pair from years ago, and I used to dream about wearing them again. They now fit like a dream!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i've learned that no matter how hard you try, you cannot make an IP chicken soup packet turn into an omelet...epic fail.
That was definitely my morning laugh! Too funny! As I sit here eating my omelette (which works well with the IP fine herb omelette packet...)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #94  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you all! Here's to a fun and OP day!

I traveled yesterday and I think I did pretty well. There were some water chestnut chunks in the dish that I had but I tried my best to pick around those and stick to the OP stuff. And I even got to get some new clothes that actually fit! Wahoo!!

Also, I finally got my ticker! I feel totally legit now Have a good rest of your weekend
Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #95  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
It felt strange to be putting bread in the shopping cart again and took my sweet time reading labels on all the multi grain breads before selecting just the right one! I think I must be rubbing off on my hubby as he was checking out the labels on the extra loaves of bread he was buying for himself and our son!
Some of the healthiest bread comes from Canada. Have you ever heard of Silverhills Bakery, Sqirrelly Bread? Tastes just like real bread. It uses whole wheat sprouts instead of wheat. It's also distributed here in the US.

I did a search for Leduc, Alberta and you're in luck:
http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/Store-Locator

Here is the link to the home page of Silverhills Bakery.
http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #96  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Too funny! Thanks for a good morning giggle!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
BlueEyes, I agree with ColoradoDive...salt seems to be the key. I'm a newbie too (day 5) and the first day was for sure the hardest. Good news is, the day's almost over! Drink lots of water and don't over-exert yourself for the next few days. At least I believe this is what has helped me. Hang in there, it gets better!
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure I get my salt in today. Today will be a trail with everyone around me eating all the junk food for the super bowl. Does anyone have any ideas on what they are doing dealing with the super bowl situation.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #98  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
LMAO!!!!!!!

Too funny!!!!

I'll be giggling over this all day long!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #99  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Some of the healthiest bread comes from Canada. Have you ever heard of Silverhills Bakery, Sqirrelly Bread? Tastes just like real bread. It uses whole wheat sprouts instead of wheat. It's also distributed here in the US.

I did a search for Leduc, Alberta and you're in luck:
http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/Store-Locator

Here is the link to the home page of Silverhills Bakery.
http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/
Thanks Douger - That's what I love about this forum...all the great suggestions and help. So nice to have fellow IPer's lookiing out for each other. That was my favourite bread before IP and the one that I put in my cart for Phase III. We can get that bread in the local grocery stores as well as Costco and while it is a bit more expensive it is healthier and nuttier which I love!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #100  

Default Sea salt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesnmt View Post
Today was my first day on IP program I have a massive headache, I drank all and plus some of my water. When using the Walden Farms salad dressing is there a limit on how much a person can use at one time? Thanks for any help I get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Blue..

Have you had your salt? Drink a 1/3 tea. of salt and water, that's
what I've been reading here...or you can just eat the salt and then drink your water.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesnmt View Post
Thanks for the advice. I will make sure I get my salt in today. Today will be a trail with everyone around me eating all the junk food for the super bowl. Does anyone have any ideas on what they are doing dealing with the super bowl situation.
My personal experience: When I first started the program, I was using a whole teaspoon of sea salt per day... then somewhere along the way, I decided that might be too much, so I cut it to 1/2 tsp... within a couple of days, I was feeling dizzy... since the amount of salt was the only thing I knew of that was different, I upped my daily dose to 3/4 tsp. & the dizziness went away... I've stuck to that amount since then & haven't had any problems...

The point I'm trying to make: we're all different, & one person's daily requirements of sea salt might be different from others'... get to know your body & how it reacts to changes in nutrition, exercise, supplements, whatever... if you need a little more than 1/3 tsp. sea salt to prevent headaches or dizziness, go for it... if not, stick with that amount... as long as you're drinking enough water, you'll be fine... just don't ever cut it out altogether...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-06-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #101  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you all! Here's to a fun and OP day!

I traveled yesterday and I think I did pretty well. There were some water chestnut chunks in the dish that I had but I tried my best to pick around those and stick to the OP stuff. And I even got to get some new clothes that actually fit! Wahoo!!

Also, I finally got my ticker! I feel totally legit now Have a good rest of your weekend
I still do not have my ticker! Ugh!! I don't think I have been given the "edit signature" option yet as it is not listed in my User CP menu yet. This is day 21 and I have posted the required 20x plus. Am I doing something wrong? Really want my ticker too!!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #102  

Quote:
With just water, I can see how that would happen. Later in my Phase 1, I was adding a whole egg to my IP omelet packet. One day the omelet mix looked very different in the shaker and in the pan from its usual appearance. Turns out it was chicken soup! Imagine my surprise to discover that 1 egg + water + IP chicken soup packet tastes pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
It felt strange to be putting bread in the shopping cart again and took my sweet time reading labels on all the multi grain breads before selecting just the right one! I think I must be rubbing off on my hubby as he was checking out the labels on the extra loaves of bread he was buying for himself and our son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
CBG and Douger It might be worthwhile to slowly reintroduce grains and grain flour products and then pay attention to how your body reacts. There are a lot of good reasons to exclude such foods even in maintenance and even the sprouted grain flours. I may start a new thread with links to the research, web posts and articles that have radically changed my views.

Here's a recent one: An unscientific survey (biased because of readership) asking, "Have you experienced a wheat re-exposure syndrome?" Blog title ... wait for it ... Diarrhea, Runny noses, and rage
Old 02-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I seem to be pulling myself out of the fogs of sickness today. My nausea has gone away, at least for now, and I am trucking along. I seem to be quite fatigued though but luckily I can get as much sleep as I need this weekend.

Today I made a list of all the things I am looking forward to once I get to a healthy weight. Top of my list is a new, sexy black dress. If you have a list, what is at the top of it? I am curious as to what everyone else is looking forward to! And if you are already there, what are you LOVING about being there?
i love not being insane with cravings! it's nice to being able to stick with the program without feeling psychotic! on WW i was always in a battle with myself and it took twice as long to get off the weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Despite my oops last night :-(....back at it today and enjoying my IP Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate for breakfast
that sounds absolutely sinful! better order some caramel syrup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
It helps with getting the water in - but not so good on my sleeping. and it's rather embarrassing to have to get up multiple times from a meeting because you have to pee. Oh well...
my boss is teasing me about paying part of the water bill, since i'm using the bathroom 6 times as much! lol
Old 02-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #104  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Quote:
Hey everyone! How are you all doing? I seem to be pulling myself out of the fogs of sickness today. My nausea has gone away, at least for now, and I am trucking along. I seem to be quite fatigued though but luckily I can get as much sleep as I need this weekend.

i am looking forward to flying in a plane comfortably. my family has wanted to take a vacation for months and i've been avoiding it because it is so uncomfortable. i also look forward to taking pictures with my loved ones. something i've been avoiding for YEARS.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #105  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
i am looking forward to flying in a plane comfortably. my family has wanted to take a vacation for months and i've been avoiding it because it is so uncomfortable. i also look forward to taking pictures with my loved ones. something i've been avoiding for YEARS.
I'm going to Florida in two weeks, and thankfully can bet I won't have to ask for the seat belt extender!

I've also wanted to take flying lessons some day. Well, yesterday I got an opportunity for a Groupon on discounted introductory lessons. Unfortunately the maximum load, was 395lbs. So since I'm about 296lbs right now, the instructor would have to be like a horse racing jockey. 100lbs. Ha ha! So, I guess in a few more months, I can look forward to that opportunity!
Closed Thread