Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #31  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

thanks Joliebug82!!!!!! and I do beleive our fat cells have memory cells.. My dermatogist told me skin cells do have memory cells- so why shouldn't fat cells??? great post!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

HI everybody! haven't been on in a while. been busy at work. and my boyfriend and i broke up on wednesday. boy it has been hard to not eat all those comfort foods that i usually turn to. but i have said on plan...maybe having some extra meat yesterday, but figure better than pizza, chips or the nilla wafers i wanted, not to mention my best friend candy.
The other day someone asked me what i would want for breakfast and i said well all i can have is my ip vanilla pudding here so that's all that matters. he said no if you could have anything what would it be. it took me a good 2 minutes to even think of something that i would want and it wasn't even what i would have had if i could. in that moment all i wanted was my ip pudding. that was a CRAZY experience.
I weighed in for my 4 WI on tuesday and i am down another 2 pounds. My coach only does measurements monthly. and only chest, waist and hips. Lost 3 inches on my chest, 3 on my waist and 4 on my hips. That was a pretty cool thing to see.
I'm really struggling cause being the slave to the scale that i am...i have had NO LOSS since monday. Makes me feel like i should just eat all those things that are calling my name with my emotional distress. i'm frustrated!

well thanks for the vent and i'm hoping that i can find time to read on here cause you guys sure do keep me motivated and inspire me. CONGRATULATIONS to all the milestones i have read just from today!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Default The Blues

This diet may give you some emotional highs and lows but it is what you do, how you control yourself within those highs and lows that matters. IF you can stop yourself from just once from the reasoning, rationalizing, and excuses of why it's okay just this once to eat something your not supposed to it makes the next situation you encounter so much easier to handle.
Example: I am/was going through a really ruff patch with my Dear(not) Husband and All I wanted to do was stuff a quarter pounder with cheese and fries in my face and CRY! Eat and cry! I gave in but (now here's the rationalizing) I ate a 'healthy' sub instead lots of veggies no sauce and a big FAT footlong loaf of bread (hmmm did you forget about the bread?) And since that day was ruined already it won't hurt to just get it out of my system so Chinese food for supper... here we go again...I mostly just ate the veggies except a few battered chicken balls (batter, sweet sauces, sugar, carb, sugar) add in a few little this and thats and the whole weekand was a mess...Then I finally slapped myself on the hand! STOP IT! Did I feel any better, NO! NO! NO! And now I am paying the price I have been STUCK at 143 (I know my ticker says 142) for 2 weeks now and I am fighting to get myself back on track and its not easy!
So the next time you think.."Its only this once" or "One won't hurt" or "I have lost alot I deserve a treat" or "I hate the world right now pass me a snickers" (LOL) or "But its super bowl weekend" think of me and think again!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

HOORAH! Coastalcrafter its nice to have you back, your story really caught me this morning. This is something I am learning while on this journey, the reasons for being fat, for getting fat, and I personally agree with what you say. When one stops to think they should be able to find something along the way that played a role in their overeating personality!(Deal with it don't use it as an excuse) I too am a ppl pleaser always putting others before myself. But that is changing!

Its time for ME time!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

i just joined last Saturday and first weigh in was yesterday. 7.5lbs lost and 5.5 inches. i really feel so much better already and although have a stretch to go, i feel super positive and excited!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
anybody else feeling blue ? Even that I'm finally losing again and everything suppose to fine I feel sad I feel that I don't know me anymore because I look so different and still I see myself very fat
Wow you are saying exactly what I said a week ago..for two weeks its like I went into this deep saddness and its like I was lost...I was upset..didn'tknow where to shop..all the big shops I'm to small for..just so many things..have changed...but after a week or two you will snap out of it..
Your leaving your comfort zone..but it will be ok...
I went to Penneys and wow I was so happy...with the selection of clothes..favor Jeans now...are Cruel Girl.. they fit amazing..I got them at a country and western store...but they are like a glove and move with the body...I know how you feel..totally and we are about the same weight..
Old 02-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #37  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good work. Stick with it! You can do it. 100% everyday, it is worth it, you and I both know it! There is a poker tournament Saturday, want to go? $2000first place, $200 for 10th place. $60 entry.

We can do this!
I wish I could! I have to work Saturday morning afternoon and then game night with some friends. What time does the Tournament start?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #38  
Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
As long as the other thread is not locked, you can still use the "Quote" feature on today's posts... just click on the Multi-quote icon (the one with the quotations marks), then go to today's thread, & click on "Post Reply".. underneath the text box, it will say "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.".. if you still want to use the quote from the other thread, click on "Quote this post as well" & it will appear in the text box just like a quote from today's thread would...

Of course, if the other thread is locked, you have no choice but to copy & paste...

Hope that helps...

hugs

Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering as well!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #39  
Jess

Completely unrelated to IP. Got my taxes finished yesterday! Wahoo!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning all, and first let me say Congrats to all the losses in any form!!!

So many newbies on the boards since I post daily MONTHS ago, welcome , welcome..

I was laughing yesterday reading a few posts about before and after pics,, well CUTIEELI's avatar is my before picture!!! lol

Today is day 5 for me and I weighed myself ( just to peek) and the scale said 218.. Monday I was 224.5 when I began.

Now I am using a plan that is adjusted to my medical issues..some of IP's guidelines with protein powder and small unprocessed food meals-lean protein and veggies, but I do use a 'clean' chicken or beef stock with my veggies to make soup.. ( clean meaning low sodium/ no msg/no additives)

When I was introduced to IP, I did strict IP for 3 months last year (july thru sept) and lost 30 lbs. THEN the health issues began- it was too much protein for my body and Bladder infections began and lasted a LONG tiome cause the bladder was so inflammed from the amount of protein turning my bladder acidic and it was bledding- (too much info I know) But I am just sharing my journey. My urologist wanted me to put low carbs back in my diet ( low carb pitas work for me) maybe 1 a day or every other day. to balance out the acidity in my bladder and yes I am on a day pill for it too. YES I am drinking my water..some days I feel like a fish...

anyway, I am tring again.. long road a head but I have a plan and you all for encouragement.. I remember feeling sad a long time on IP, emotions are part of our over eating or food addiction.. at least mine is...so the emotions come to surface.. it's part of the healing ourselves from whatever made us plump in the first place...

Most overweight people have been abused in one way or another in the childhood, eith physical. mental,or emotional neglect. We block it out over the years and comfort ourselves in other ways- some turn to sex, others alcohol or drugs or like me, an easier access was food.. I was always the 'good girl' so the other options were not even considered. I always wanted everyone to like me, so I started pleasing everyone who asked something of me, well It's been a long pattern of wanting friends, then being rejected.. Every rejection was more pounds added to my 5 ft frame..

I am the caretaker of more than my immediately family and it's something I do because I love to help people, but I never loved myself as I love others.. There I said it. So this journey of weight loss is also a journey of learning to love myself...

so from now on, when I am tempted to shove something in my mouth, I am going to tell myself . that's NOT loving yourself behavior...

thanks fo listening...
Thank you for the post..and here is a big hug for you...I'm behind you all the way..and yes many of us hid things and eat to make us feel loved or happy...
but now..if you need a pick me up..go sock shopping...yes buy goofy crazy socks...buy one pair..so next time you can get another pair...
I have a list..and every week I lose I get myself a little something...
it might we socks...a new book ....a new pair of panties...just something fun...
Have fun with it...I am...
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #41  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I wish I could! I have to work Saturday morning afternoon and then game night with some friends. What time does the Tournament start?
1:00PM and will last all evening if you make it to the final table. I hope to be in the top 10 out of 200+.

Need more IP funds!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideagain View Post
i just joined last Saturday and first weigh in was yesterday. 7.5lbs lost and 5.5 inches. i really feel so much better already and although have a stretch to go, i feel super positive and excited!
Thats great...good luck with your journey...its amazing what you will feel along the way and the changes in your body...
Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #43  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Curious if anyone else has heartburn on IP? I never struggled with it before. It's usually after breakfast.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #44  

i have a list of fun things..when I lose weight each week I get to go get myself something fun....
on my list are fun things...
a new book-shirt-panties-an art project to work on-(i am painting a few mask right now for Madi Graus)-a pair of work out pants-make it fun and exciting for you...
when I reach my goal..I have decided I wanted to go out and buy two things...a new wonderful dress and an incredible red bathing suit..
use to I only got black suits or dark colors..but no I'm going for red hot suit..and just thinking about it makes me laugh...
also
when Your feeling out of sorts..I go buy a goofy pair of socks..or house shoes..they are fun and make your feet feel great..when you look at them they also make you smile..so try it.. then stop by Starbucks and get the passion Ice tea (i get them to add my own stevia to mine...)
Have a great day ladies and gents...but make a fun list of just goofy things you want..that won't break your bank...
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Default Feeling sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hi Cutie.... I would think if it's not 0/0/0 product, I would think.. no.

HI Juice.... I just copy and paste, I don't know if that's really the way to do it, as I don't get those cute little boxes around the quote, but it will work.

Yea for Shrinking!!!! You should have called yourself.. scale hopper... lol!
I'm so excited to start this protocol, that I could just pee myself...
Oh, you will pee.....with all the water I'm drinking there are at least 6 bathroom trips during the night. LOL...

Day 12 I'm down 10.5 lbs. But ready to quit.

... lots of headaches, nausea, fatigue.....it seems to hit the day after feeling great and getting moderate exercise (a short walk) Anyone else feeling this way?

Last edited by dunwitfat; 02-04-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: adding comment
Closed Thread