Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 224/205/150

does anyone know if just egg whites are legal to snack on if you get hungry through out the day? I just completed week 4 and am extremely hungry this week. I could use some suggestions about easy and quick items to snack on besides lettuce.......
Old 02-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Almost Friday!!

I have a WI tomorrow and I am looking forward to losing another two pounds if not more.....had two conferences this week and didn't cheat during lunch...never realized how easy it could be to not cheat and stay on protocol

Good Luck to everyone and happy shedding pounds!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #63  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Height: 5'7"

Last night was rough, I was so ready to throw in the towel. It was the end of day 3 but today, day 4 it is a lot better!!!! It is true. I can hardly believe I wasn't hungry this morning after my breakfast! Yay!

Does anyone test if they are in ketosis? I'm curious about the eople who have stalled if they test to make sure they are actually still in ketosis. Just curios, because my clinic I had to sign a contract that said I would not cheat and if I didn't have appropriate losses they would test to be sure. I was in ketosis.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #64  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Okay I can really spell and type, but my iPad thinks otherwise....dang autocorrect...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom2011 View Post
Last night was rough, I was so ready to throw in the towel. It was the end of day 3 but today, day 4 it is a lot better!!!! It is true. I can hardly believe I wasn't hungry this morning after my breakfast! Yay!

Does anyone test if they are in ketosis? I'm curious about the eople who have stalled if they test to make sure they are actually still in ketosis. Just curios, because my clinic I had to sign a contract that said I would not cheat and if I didn't have appropriate losses they would test to be sure. I was in ketosis.

I tested after losing 0.8 at WI#2. I was in strong ketosis. I wouldn't say that I have stalled though...still lost 9.5 inches.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Not sure if this helps but here is what I ate to consistantly lose 3 plus pounds every week. Best weeks I don't exercise.

Breakfast shake with green tea or IP omelet with hot sauce
lunch shake, lettuce with evoo and sea salt, and cucumbers and celery (every day for 5 months now)
dinner meat and veggies (favorite meats filet mignon, flank steak, and shrimp, but I eat fish once a week, chicken 1-2 times a week, and pork tenderloin once a week) (favorite veggies..collards, spinach, asparagus...I try to have brocoli and cauliflower no more than once a week...they tend to slow me down)
I eat an IP restricted every day and started losing more when I added them.
I also drink my water at room temperature it is the way I get so much down. I try to drink 36 ounces before I leave for work to get me started.
Also my dinner veggies I eat less than two cups, but I either steam them or stir fry with a little evoo
Good luck to you
i agree about room temp h2o. much easier.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #67  

Quote:

I rarely test, but your question got me curious... just now, I showed a trace, which is the most I've ever seen since starting IP... most of the time, there's nothing, but I've always known when I was in ketosis by my other "symptoms" -- yucky breath, fuzzy teeth, but most of all, continued weight loss... just like hopping on the scales every day, testing for ketones is not worth the obsessing & stress to me...

hugs
Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #68  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
does anyone know if just egg whites are legal to snack on if you get hungry through out the day? I just completed week 4 and am extremely hungry this week. I could use some suggestions about easy and quick items to snack on besides lettuce.......

I eat extra egg whites all the time when I am hungry.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
I tested after losing 0.8 at WI#2. I was in strong ketosis. I wouldn't say that I have stalled though...still lost 9.5 inches.
Strong ketosis may mean you aren't getting enough water. (Honestly, this isn't my day to pick on you. I just really want to see you do well.) And 9.5 inches. To die for, as they used to say.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #70  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:

I think this is so interesting. the reason is that sometimes your body will be in Ketosis but may not show up on the strips due to several factors that have nothing to do with cheating. And what is with this "appropriate losses" stuff? the average person may loose 3-5lbs weekly but not everyone is average so what do they consider "appropriate loss"?

It seems to me that some clinics treat their clients like children. I understand that they do not want you to be on a starvation diet and follow protocal, but to threaten that you will test to make sure one is not cheating crosses a line to me. it is not like we are smoking crack and they have to test us to be sure we are honest.

Sorry, it just seems so silly to me. I get that people cheat and don't follow it but it is the clients NOT THE CLINIC who are responsible for those actions.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
well I just had my 4 wk WI and I actually lost 20 lbs and 14.5 inches. I am completely amazed by the results and down 1 pant size. hoping everyone is having a great day!!
I'M IN AWE. I don't remember ever seeing a result like this.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #72  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I think this is so interesting. the reason is that sometimes your body will be in Ketosis but may not show up on the strips due to several factors that have nothing to do with cheating. And what is with this "appropriate losses" stuff? the average person may loose 3-5lbs weekly but not everyone is average so what do they consider "appropriate loss"?

It seems to me that some clinics treat their clients like children. I understand that they do not want you to be on a starvation diet and follow protocal, but to threaten that you will test to make sure one is not cheating crosses a line to me. it is not like we are smoking crack and they have to test us to be sure we are honest.

Sorry, it just seems so silly to me. I get that people cheat and don't follow it but it is the clients NOT THE CLINIC who are responsible for those actions.
I totally agree with you. I don't see how the clinic can put those restrictions on anyone. I'm paying for the products, they are not free.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #73  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'M IN AWE. I don't remember ever seeing a result like this.
I'm totally jealous!!! LOL That is amazing, good for you!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #74  

well today is just one of those days. I am from south louisiana and we are experiencing unusually cold conditions for this time of year. I work for the school system and they have closed schools today and tomorrow. I am craving gumbo and so is my family. I hating being stuck in the house, it just makes me want to eat everything in site......I am ready for this cold weather to go away so we can get out of the house and be active again.!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #75  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Hi, ya'll! I've missed my IP friends! Been so busy, so I'm JUST catching up on the threads.

Weigh In 5 was yesterday, and I lost 4.8lbs and 7.75"! So excited, and my old XL shirts fit. NOT 3X, Not 2X, Not 1X. XL.

Planning my Disney trip for the end of September. My coach thinks I'll be at goal then, but I hate to put time limits on my goals. I don't want to be disappointed, you know? I do plan on losing as much as possible by then (hello, pictures with my son for his FIRST Disney trip? Yeah. I want to be fit.), so I'm keeping that as motivation. Even changed my 5 pound guy to a mouse!
Closed Thread