Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #136  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Rosemary, you're an inspiration! Great planning. I've been thinking I need to do something similar.

I have been losing and gaining the same three pounds for the last few weeks--at least that's what it feels like, but when I look at my tracker things are moving bit by bit. It is going down, but so slowly. And I know why. A lot of it is boredom with the same tastes and textures every day and yet not wanting to bother fussing with food and being creative. Ah, poor me! Also, I'm looking for a new job and that's making me hungry with the anxiety over putting myself forward again and again. My old habit has been to stuff down emotion with food, put a good face on it and keep going. The challenge is to keep going without the stuffing! I know that once I'm working outside again (I've been working from home as a solo-preneur), with more interaction with people and lots to keep me busy, it will be even easier to stay on plan, and that's a great motivator to get out there.

So thanks for the inspiration, Rosemary. Your success so far also helps to remind me that my goals are possible.

Jackie
Thanks Jackie! I have been doing this for over 9 months and I think that I have gotten careless, afraid of success, sad that most of the people on here that we have known are gone, and most of all, there appears to be a battle on the inner self about dealing with life using food. I say "NO" big and loud and the little scared "kid" inside is saying "eat, eat, eat, and it will be ok". Well, we all know that it is not going to be ok just because we stick food in our mouths. I do not want to go back on insulin, blood pressure pills, or gain this weight back. I am sticking to protocol. Thanks, again - you are doing great and your words of encouragement mean a lot to me.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 02-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #137  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Rosemary!!! You Look FABULOUS!!! I love your new picture!! I so admire your progress and your efforts have paid off!! Best wishes for continued success!! You have been quite an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others and for that I thank you!! Here is some additional love and will power for your efforts:
Thanks for your support - I am sucking it all up right now and moving forward. Thanks for noticing the new picture for my avatar. I can never remember how I got the last one on there and it tooki a little time. I want to add it to the mini photo album, but I can't remember how I did that one either. Old age - I am sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I like the plan. And I like the pictures even better. I don't know how I missed them, until someone here mentioned them. The first one is [I]hilarious[I]; in the second one, you're a whole other person. Fortunately, I think I would have liked both if I'd run across them randomly.

Um. Whole other person isn't quite right, somehow. And whole 1/2 person doesn't sound too appealing. I'll have to work on it.
Thanks Linden - your opinion means a lot to me. When I was new on here, you were always offering support and encouragement and that means a great deal to me. I am going to get the last 29 pounds off and I am doing it NOW, not in the future. When I think about it (and use a calculator), I have already lost 86% of my original goal. I have 14% left to go - sounds pretty easy when I talki about it like that. Thanks again!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 02-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread