Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #61  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I typed a post late last night. I would like to bring it to tonights thread, is that possible? If so I need easy instructions to do so. I need help with this and with the contents of my post Thank you, Judy
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Someone please tell me this is totally worth it! I`m feeling kindof down, all brought on by the prospect of cooking a really yummy meal for company tomorrow nite. I can`t eat it, and right now, it`s really bothering me! Maybe it`s because I`m almost 4 weeks into it and getting a little bored?? I really don`t know, it`s almost making me grumpy. I get grumpy that I have to watch my weight and what I eat, and my hubby can eat 12 donuts and lose 2#, and I can`t just eat what I want! Now, I realize I CAN eat what I want, and just feel yucky and gain weight.....but I don`t know which voice is going to win out this time. Sorry for the rambling....just a little blue today!
I think you're asking the wrong question... you should be asking, am I totally worth it?..

The answer is YES!!!..

hugs
Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Someone please tell me this is totally worth it! I`m feeling kindof down, all brought on by the prospect of cooking a really yummy meal for company tomorrow nite. I can`t eat it, and right now, it`s really bothering me! Maybe it`s because I`m almost 4 weeks into it and getting a little bored?? I really don`t know, it`s almost making me grumpy. I get grumpy that I have to watch my weight and what I eat, and my hubby can eat 12 donuts and lose 2#, and I can`t just eat what I want! Now, I realize I CAN eat what I want, and just feel yucky and gain weight.....but I don`t know which voice is going to win out this time. Sorry for the rambling....just a little blue today!
Sounds like you are going thru the grieving process. This is normal. Keep reaching out to others on program. Don't cheat... it will not be worth it! Look thru the recipe section and find something fabulous to fix for yourself.
Hugs to you....Linda
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #64  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Totally off topic.... I am dying for my signature ticker.. Just a few days out.. I keep checking to see if maybe the admins will let me have it early.. LOL!!
TOTALLY goofy, I know!
Lol... I am right there with ya, having the same hope! 5 days left! Not that I am counting or anything...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #65  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkwright View Post
WI #4 = down another 6 pounds!! This makes up for the only .2 last week!! Now down a total of 17 pounds! Only 41 more to go!!

I teach and some students came in today with brownies! I had to tell them sadly, I couldn't eat them. I wanted to cry because its been a stressful couple of days and a brownie would have been soooo good.......but not worth the 50 some dollars....down...the....drain!
Congrats keep up the good job.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #66  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Superbowl is this weekend! Does anyone have any IP friendly plans for Sunday's game? I'm planning on making some stuffed mushrooms that I found a few recipes for over on the recipe threads. That and some Buffalo Wing chicken tenders. Still figuring out what else I can plan to make it a special IP day for me.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Lol... I am right there with ya, having the same hope! 5 days left! Not that I am counting or anything...
I have 4 days left, and no I'm not counting either.. HAHAHA
Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/3/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkwright View Post
WI #4 = down another 6 pounds!! This makes up for the only .2 last week!! Now down a total of 17 pounds! Only 41 more to go!!

I teach and some students came in today with brownies! I had to tell them sadly, I couldn't eat them. I wanted to cry because its been a stressful couple of days and a brownie would have been soooo good.......but not worth the 50 some dollars....down...the....drain!
Great work! I had a similar experience with WI 3 so I am hoping for bigger results at my WI 4 tomorrow. Keep up the great work!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/3/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Superbowl is this weekend! Does anyone have any IP friendly plans for Sunday's game? I'm planning on making some stuffed mushrooms that I found a few recipes for over on the recipe threads. That and some Buffalo Wing chicken tenders. Still figuring out what else I can plan to make it a special IP day for me.
Maybe some of the flavored soy nuts or crisps for a crunchy addition?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 224/205/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Way to go! With 2 weeks to spare.
great job!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Maybe some of the flavored soy nuts or crisps for a crunchy addition?
I dread being around all the chips/dips, cakes, beer etc. but surely staying on track
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

so I maybe figured it out
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #73  

I am actually having a great week. I can't believe I am saying this but I can not wait fo my WI on Wednesday. I am praying and working to being under 200lbs by next wednesday.... have not be under that for over 4 yrs. I can't wait!!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #74  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Just back from checking in with my coach. I am the rash person. They are making some phone calls but what we came up with that maybe it was the Carmel nut bars or that the rash was my body getting rid of the toxins. So I will start IP packets at lunch again minus any nut bars. If I break out in rash then it's my body reaction to ketosis. If that is the case I will have to do alternative diet. I am assuming that because of the steroids I will not have any weight loss this week
I can totally relate to what you are going through. I went 4 weeks from just before Christmas until this past week with a rash covering my arms and legs. The Dr diagnosed it as contact dermatitis. I was on steroids a week. They helped the inflammation but never stopped the itch. I've switch to non-perfumed/scented everything (dryer sheets, laundry, soap, deodorant, etc.). I have also added extra water. The steroids did not cause me to gain weight so hold on to hope that it won't hurt anything. Allergic reactions are hard to diagnose, especially as the average persons allergies change every 7 yrs of their life. I hope you identify the problem soon. Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I am 22 days in and feel this diet is totally worth it. It is a struggle and hard. I follow the protocol to a "T" with the mindset of lets get through phase 1 as quickly as possible. I do not want to waste any money as I am the only income provider for my family of 5. My family will eat my dinner or a version thereof. I have even made them their own dinner, like tonight, they want spaghetti. Sure I would love to have some as this is and was a staple for dinners at our house.

I have lost almost 30 lbs in 22 days! I am a male, so like protocol says, I will lose faster than most females. I feel so much better, my clothes are too big now, my belt needs extra holes put in it. I do not look for any people to see a difference, but wow at work, I work with mostly males and all of them have congratulated me on my loss. It is showing from my face, belly and neck areas. I have more energy to play with my children and keep up with them. My daughter, 5, tells me that my tummy is smaller, that is a woderful feeling.

Our office is full of non protocol foods all the time. I even have some people who make fun and try to get me to eat the donuts and cakes, but I just smile and tell them to enjoy, I am bettering my life and my body. Its hard to turn them down, but I do. Those snacks right now are not worth the $50 it will take to get me back into Ketosis and I do not want to halt the rollercoaster of results.

I look at all the foods I can't have right now and know it is not permanent for me. I will have a better understanding of how my body processes those foods and how much I should or should not have. Before I started this diet, I could eat a large pizza easy and then some, I would sit down with the gallon tub of ice cream and spoon it in. Many other things like that and thought nothing of it. My house is full of snacks, that my wife and children eat, but they can right now and I cannot, but will understand later how to add those back in, in more moderation.

Sorry this got so long, but in the end it is worth it for yourself mainly and worth it for all others second. Do it for you and how you feel about yourself and health. Make your dinner for work but make you something you can eat as well. We can do this! You have to want to do this! Just think of it as taking a break from those "foods" and learning about your body. Ask your husband to not eat them in front of you for a while.

We can all stay on protocol with a little help from each other and ourselves. We are our own worst enemy. Don't dwell on any slip ups. Learn from them and move on. Make a commitment to stay on protocol and reach your goal or beat it.

Hope I have helped.
Great inspiration and thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Weigh in #2 down!!! I lost 4.5 lbs and 5 inches, not bad, in my opinion.. We are bracing for the terrible storm that is "FORECASTED" to rip through our area.. I've heard it referred to as storm of the century, snowzilla, snowmagedon, snowpocalipse, yada yada yada!!! We shall see!!!
Congrats on the great loss. St. Louis is calling for the same storm. We've been getting freezing rain all day. They say the historic storm will start about 7am in the morning. Hopefully the power will hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Hi All,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks. You are all very inspiring!

Tomorrow is the completion of Week 3 for me. As of last week I was down 6.5 lbs. and 10.7 inches.

Anyone else losing inches faster than pounds?

I know the rules about getting a ticker (20 days/20 posts) but is there a place to choose an avatar?
Welcome and congrats on your losses. When I was losing I had bigger lb. weeks and then bigger in. loss weeks. In the end, I say welcome all losses!

Avatar? Click User CP on the top left toolbar, then Click Edit Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Hello everyone congrats to all you who have had great weight losses over the weekend. Today was WI#11 for me and I lost -7.6lbs for a total weight loss of 69.0lbs. Have I told you that I love this program. Everybody keep up the great job you are all doing and have a great week.
Wow. Keep up the great work. You are a great example for everyone on how great IP is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Back from today's WI with 4 lbs down!!! Made the 15 pound Valentine's Day challenge and down my first 25 pounds!! Yipee! I am so happy.
Still on protocol 100% and drinking 100-122 oz of water everyday. My mantra from listening to all the senior members works! "Stick to the plan and you will see results." Thank you for all the support and encouragement.
Congrats on meeting your goals and the great losses. I'm so happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
My NSV for the day that really made me giggle. One of my male coworkers stopped me today and said that he hadn't been sure if he should say something, but that dang it, I had worked hard and I should know it. He told me that this morning when I was walking down the stairs to the department, he was walking behind me and noticed that the uh, weight loss program was working well. I'm pretty sure that was his way of telling me nice @$$. hehehehehehe I'm flattered!
Woohoo! Congrats. It is funny how male colleagues want to say something and then come across so awkward when they finally do, but I take every compliment I can get. They all make me feel good and I would never take offense to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I typed a post late last night. I would like to bring it to tonights thread, is that possible? If so I need easy instructions to do so. I need help with this and with the contents of my post Thank you, Judy
Just highlight, then press the CTL and C keys to copy, then right click paste into today's thread. If you need more detail, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
My favorite party/snack food is chopped broccoli and celery dipped in salsa. Wholly Salsa is ok to eat. They add no sugars. Or make your own IP friendly salsa. The other thing I like is to bring taco salad (without the taco shells of course). It is a good sub for taco dip and every one seems to love it as much as I do. I make my own taco seasoning and simmer my hamburger in it. Then, I add it with grilled peppers and chopped tomatoes to lettuce. MMM, now I know what I'll be having for dinner tomorrow.

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-31-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

I think I finally got my signature thingy....YEAH!
Closed Thread