Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I appreciate all the feedback - this type of brainstorming is giving me different views.

I just don't have too much confidence in her as she originally told me lettuce & celery were unlimited - found out 2 weeks later that she was incorrect. Mentioned I need 1-2 tsp of oil/day but never told me that was "on top" of what you use to cook until last week, therefore I have only started to ensure I get that in. Originally stated that I could have "unlimited" WF dressings and has recently changed it to two tablespoons.

I have lost inches (30 so far), I take all the supplements that are mandatory and drink over 120 ounces of water a day - I'm a waterholic! I measure all my veggies and eat lettuce at lunch and supper. And as mentioned earlier I weigh my meat after it is cooked and make sure I have over 4oz

I use to work out 4 times/week, 1/2 hour treadmill or stairmaster with althernate days using weights. Since I've started IP I haven't done the above as my coach mentioned it could put the body into starvation mode. So basically I'm on my *** 12 hr/day (4 days/week) and doubt very much I'm burning more than I'm eating. I am really itching to get to the gym, but the week I went a couple times (only walked on the treadmill ) I gained .8lbs and have been leary to try it again.
Look at the stickies to read the info on the program (which I'm assuming you received when you started?) - it is very clearly laid out in terms of what you can have or not. Then coaches work with clients to adjust to the clients' needs.

You appear to be getting some bad advice, ironically based on the above much of the original advice you got was good . After saying that the plan is standardized I can tell you that I have treated lettuce and celery as unlimited, absolutely counted the oil in my dressings as meeting the amount needed, and have used WF throughout (never more than 2 tblsp, but that's a lot of dressing!) It is not uncommon for coaches to recommend cutting back on non program (WF) foods if weight loss is slowing.

I would weigh your meat before cooking as the plan outlines - few meats shrink by 1/2 in weight through cooking.

Just my 2 cents
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
absolutely counted the oil in my dressings as meeting the amount needed, and have used WF throughout (never more than 2 tblsp, but that's a lot of dressing!)
I would weigh your meat before cooking as the plan outlines - few meats shrink by 1/2 in weight through cooking.

Just my 2 cents
Are you referring to homemade salad dressing or the WF dressing? I've started adding 1 tsp of oil to my salad to ensure I get it in. 2 Tbsp of salad dressing isn't all that much when you have 2 salads/day - not for me anyhow

I will take the advice of increasing my protein and might do that by adding some chicken to my afternoon salad.

Unfortunately I cannot cook fish in my house as my husband is allergic, otherwise I'm sure 8oz of fish isn't quite as filling as chicken or beef

I have given up on the gum as that seems to be controversial even though my coach says it is fine
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Are you referring to homemade salad dressing or the WF dressing? I've started adding 1 tsp of oil to my salad to ensure I get it in. 2 Tbsp of salad dressing isn't all that much when you have 2 salads/day - not for me anyhow

I will take the advice of increasing my protein and might do that by adding some chicken to my afternoon salad.

Unfortunately I cannot cook fish in my house as my husband is allergic, otherwise I'm sure 8oz of fish isn't quite as filling as chicken or beef

I have given up on the gum as that seems to be controversial even though my coach says it is fine
Sorry, that was pretty confusing .

Although I used WF (which doesn't count as oil) when I made my own dressings I subtracted any amount I used in cooking from the amount I could use on salads.

Before starting this plan I was a "lots of creamy dressing" salad eater, and found that I acquired a taste for less dressing and started enjoying the flavor of the veggies. Mind you my salad was always cucumber, green pepper and purple onion - not a big lettuce eater.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #94  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

Today is my day 4 on the program and I was told by my coach it should be cooked 8oz of meat not uncooked. eitherway I think you need to be getting more protein. I agree if you are working out you should up your protein intake by another pack.
AshGFonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #95  

I had the same problem figured out that it was the Splenda. If I
use Splenda I lose very little or stay the same. I only used a couple
of packets a day and the sugar free ice breakers stalled my weight loss
also. You should be very proud of your sucess! Great job!
Annie9135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks guys
I had 8oz of meat tonight and that is one heck of a lot of food! I'm aware that if I start working out I will need to up the protein but as mentioned I have been leary to start exercising as when I did I actually gained weight.

I heard that we could have up to 4 splenda per day and I never go above 2, just need it in my coffee as I use to be a double/double coffee drinker and of course don't put cream in it anymore but just can't do black.
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #97  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Thanks guys
I had 8oz of meat tonight and that is one heck of a lot of food! I'm aware that if I start working out I will need to up the protein but as mentioned I have been leary to start exercising as when I did I actually gained weight.

I heard that we could have up to 4 splenda per day and I never go above 2, just need it in my coffee as I use to be a double/double coffee drinker and of course don't put cream in it anymore but just can't do black.
And my coach says no Splenda, only natural Stevia.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #98  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

S/C/G: 184/163.6/130 Date:7/14/15

Height: 5'2" Mints: 4/27: 45/39/45.5 6/1: 44/37.5/43.5 6/28: 43/36.5/43.5

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
And my coach says no Splenda, only natural Stevia.
I don't understand how a coach could say "no Splenda" when most all the IP packets have it???
flvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Look, this is what my experience was (is), I didn't cheat and my weight losses were not what I expected, but then out of the blue a good loss. I made it through with the help of this forum (Wuv, Jennydoodle, 2ride, gettingmygroove back, itsaboutime, and others) The bottom line is, YOU know you didn't cheat and it will work in the long run. You coach is a bit all over the map, but just brainstorming out loud, I think. I switched to alternatives because of the cost and slow losses. I am doing fine with them. I am doing phase III for 2 weeks and then maintenance over the holidays. I will return to Phase I, using alternative at the begging of the year. I am a slow loser and I have accepted it. Cheers!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 158/143/143 BF%= 28.6/23.9/25

Height: 5"7'

Default How often do you hear from your coach?

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in my location. I really thought I would hear from my coach more. She called me once, on Day 2. And halfway through the conversation I heard that she had another call (obvious pause/mute in background sound) and she quickly ended the conversation.

Luckily I'm a competitive play-by-the-rules sort of girl and I've done okay but I have really struggled this week. Luckily I have you guys and I really want to thank you for all the questions/concerns I have posted this first week .

My first weigh-in is at noon TODAY! I'm nervous because this has been such a rough week I don't know if I can stand it if nothing has changed...

But back to my original question... how often do you hear from your coach? How about in that first week?

Thanks all!!

Jenn
RN2b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #101  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

My coach didnt call me at all during the first week. She was on a short vacation when I started and she said she meant to call me when she got back but she was busy. I think normally they do call during the first week, and then after that it's just weekly weigh-in unless you call them with a question.

I really liked my coach, but ended up switching to alternatives because of a large paycut at work. She never called me to see why I stopped going. I'm guessing there are a lot of people who start IP and stop abruptly because it is too restrictive for them.

I'm sure your weigh-in will be great!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #102  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

In the first week my coach called once to see how I was doing.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

my coach called/emailed/texted the first four days!
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
my coach called/emailed/texted the first four days!
What part of NoVA are you in? I'm in Loudoun County. My clinic is out of Tysons Corner but they just opened an office in Ashburn.

My coach called and emailed a couple of times during week 1. She is always quick to reply to any emails I send. She normally doesn't have clients booked after my appointment so she always takes plenty of time to talk and see how I am doing. I never feel rushed (unless I have a meeting to get to back at the office, lol)

Last edited by nobylspoon; 11-21-2012 at 10:00 AM.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #105  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

My coach never contacted me, except to confirm appointments. Oh, and she emailed me once when I asked for a copy of the weekly meal planner she handed out with the first week.

It's part of the reason I decided to go rogue on alternatives - I was not getting much from her outside of her scale and measuring tape.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote