Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 29 & 30 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a wonderful and warm weekend!

And to check out yesterday's chat: January 28, 2011
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

Default Rise and Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
She's back! Sheila!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
And to you, too, and look at you. You're there. And without any fanfare. That can't be right, you sneaky .

OK, OK. I'm holding back the cigar. But watch out.
Thank you, ladies!!! I missed you too. Life has been more hectic than I care for but I've successfully been working on my parents and my boyfriend's parents. The 3 that started IP on January 3rd are down 50lb. combined and my mom who started in October is 45 lb. I thought it was difficult keeping mom going, but my dad has been a handful (and the boyfriend's mom has been testing the limits), but we have successes aplenty so I'm a happy camper. I love seeing what my bf and I did with our weight loss encourage our parents to want to get healthy...so all the distractions from them (and work) have been worth it all. PS. I have been maintaining like a champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I bought size 8 jeans today! SIZE 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER been a size 8 in my life. I went straight from a girl's 14 into a women's 9. NEVER 8! This is a huge day for me. Wooo hoooo!
OMG!!! Congrats! It is such an awesome feeling. I'm so happy for your single size nirvana. Congrats!!!!

And the ever wise I'm svelting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Lots of new people posting! Awesome!

A tip that some of us wizened , seasoned IPrs have found helpful in making this forum work: posting questions in the chat thread that lots of people read instead of creating new threads for every question. The experienced members can point you to where you can find the information and may even pull a really helpful thread to the front forum list.

The advantage of this:
- You get a wee bit of a guided tour of the resources in the forum.
- You start to learn how to find stuff and navigate the forum.
- Useful threads stay on the front page because people know they're there.
- More information and posts get added to really useful threads and the information stays in one place more or less.

For example ... did you know that there are
- 2 threads that have information and links about hypothyroidism
- discussions and reviews of Walden Farms products
- posts in a single thread about dealing with telogen effluvium ("spontaneous" hairloss) something that a minority of IP dieters experience and some useful suggestions to prevent and stop it

Just an aside ... this isn't a smackdown or saying that ANYONE did ANYTHING wrong. It's only one suggestion of one possible way we can work together.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

So for my WI for week # 2, I lost -4.2lbs and -0.6% Bodyfat. Total lost over 2 weeks is -11lbs and -1.5% Bodyfat!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #4  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
So for my WI for week # 2, I lost -4.2lbs and -0.6% Bodyfat. Total lost over 2 weeks is -11lbs and -1.5% Bodyfat!
Awesome start! Keep up the great work.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

hey thats fantastic.. did you survive the boys night out with your son and arena tempations?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

welcome back Sheila you've been missed...

okay here's my public commitment to a 100% total not one error, slip up, taste, teaser or so called boo boo oops - protocol weekend ( but be warned I may drool).. man when you see it in print its like a divorce paper you don't know whether to cry or celebrate..

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone and happy happy weekend! I had my 4th WI this morning and lost 4.8 lbs from last week! I'm so excited. I didn't jump on the scale this week like I usually do so I was surprised and a little nervous. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief. The plan works!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Today is my official 2 weeks since starting IP.. In that time I've learned so much about myself!!!
1.) I truly do LOVE myself. I am honestly committed to living a healthier lifestyle and making the changes necessary to do that!
2.) I am much stronger than I ever realized. I can resist the temptations that come with living this lifestyle!
3.) I CAN do this!!! My first 3-4 days of IP I thought I was nuts for ever spending the money to start this journey and that I would never be able to withstand the time it was going to take to make it happen!! I still have moments of doubt, but I now know that I can push through those tough times and look forward to what the future will hold..
I have WI # 2 on Monday. I am looking forward to it, although I don't think I will lost quite as much as I did last week, and that is fine!! As long as I lose SOMETHING, even if it's inches and no pounds!
Hope everyone has had a great weekend thus far!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Great work Yankee! Keep at it and it will work. Have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Good morning everyone and happy happy weekend! I had my 4th WI this morning and lost 4.8 lbs from last week! I'm so excited. I didn't jump on the scale this week like I usually do so I was surprised and a little nervous. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief. The plan works!
Nice loss. Good work! Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Just checking in this morning. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Day 8 and all is well. Congratulations to those with all the successes. I'm going to try the chili today. My coach says cook it on the stove top, add some chili powder and serve it on a big bed of lettuce. Looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to get a ticker!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #11  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

good morning, I'm looking foward to a some what warm day. Plan to walk today, better take advantage of it while I can, it is suppose to turn very cold in a few days. If you are looking for encouragement today--------------Here it is--------Take a good dose and have a wonderful day on your IP journey. I am a walking billboard for Ip and you can be too. Ya Ya for all of us.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning to all IP dieters!!

I have a question for you.. I'm entering week 4 of my journey and yesterday I don't know why, I was soooo hungry, so I drank more water, and I had more than my 4 cups of vegetables.. maybe 6 or even 7 (it was not lettuce). My question is, next time should I grab one more IP packet or if more vegetables is OK, i know it's a bit more carb, but at least it's was not cookies!

I feel weird because I feel like I cheated, but it's vegetables so it's weird to think I have cheated with veggies!! hahaha!!

Thank you!! WI #3 today (one day late because my coach couldn't do it yesterday! finger cross! )
Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #13  

Good Saturday morning, y'all!!!.. I hope everybody is in for a great weekend... the weather here in west Texas is going to be wonderful, so it'll be a pleasure to get outside & do some garden work (can you tell I'm getting eager for spring?) & maybe go for a walk this afternoon...

I had a fabulous NSV this morning... even though I never get on the scales (no coach/clinic to coerce me), I did start measuring on Dec. 11... from then 'til last Saturday, I had lost only 1.75" in my waist & I was really getting discouraged... but this past week, I made good my new commitment to the program & my exercise routine & in one week I lost .75" in my waist!!!.. oh, the wonders of this program!!!.. I'm looking forward to more like that... just goes to show, stick with protocol & your desired results will happen... maybe not always overnight, not always every week or every month, but when they do, it's absolutely WONDERFUL!!!..

hugs
Old 01-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
good morning, I'm looking foward to a some what warm day. Plan to walk today, better take advantage of it while I can, it is suppose to turn very cold in a few days. If you are looking for encouragement today--------------Here it is--------Take a good dose and have a wonderful day on your IP journey. I am a walking billboard for Ip and you can be too. Ya Ya for all of us.
Your ticker is so inspiring--great job at losing!

Starting week 3 today and 11 lbs gone forever Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by serendipityberry; 01-29-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Good morning guys! It's supposed to be 70 degrees today - so I'm planning to open the windows and do some pre-spring cleaning. Then take my doggies for a walk. Enjoying the weather before the next round of cold weather and possibly snow next week - crazy. I am SO ready for summer. Which is a weird thing for me to say because before IP my hormonal self was always hot and hated summer. I couldn't tolerate the heat. Now my IP self is always cold and can't wait for the 100 degree days - ok maybe that's a stretch

I jumped on the scale this morning and was down another lb. I'm averaging about 1/2 a day. I'm am now officially at my lowest point in 3 years - and I was dieting and exercising that entire time. Amazing how this works! And it's only taken 2.5 weeks!

Had my hot chocolate IP Pack this morning and have planned my meals for the rest of the week. I'm ready.

My goal this next week is to pick a new veggie and give it a try. I think i'm going to do cucumbers. I always hated them - but I'm going to give it another shot.

And I've got a poker night at the neighbors next weekend - so I need to find some crunchy chip thing to take and munch on while others are having their chips and salsa. So I'm off to the recipe section to see what I can find.

Have a great one everyone!
Closed Thread