Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
So I started this program a little over a week ago and I'm down 13lbs! However, the road to my weight loss has and continues to be difficult. This difficult journey started with a month long search for an IP location, after a few suggestions from this forum I was finally able to find a location. I immediately called and set up the appointment. I couldn’t wait to get started!

I was initially told that the program would run me around $350 for the first consult which included 11 days worth of food. No problem! I was so happy that I was finally taking the necessary steps to better my health. When all was said and done the rep pulled out an itemized list of the following.

Private consult: $210.00
Starter pack: $132.00
Supplements: $135.00
Shaker: $6.38
Sea Salt: $ 2.50
Total Cost: $484.92

I was a little taken back by the price but I wanted this so badly that I paid the entire sum. The first few days were difficult but I felt a difference in my body after just 2 days. To me it was worth it! When I called to set up an appointment for my first weigh in I basically got the run around and was told that my schedule didn’t match hers and I would have to wait. I then submitted my order form for the week and set up an appointment to meet with a fill in person to be weighed in. When I got home and looked through my bag I had 9 puddings (which I hate) along with multiple drinks and a couple other packets. These items were not what I had requested on my order form.

So to make a long story short, do you guys think that I should go through another month long search in looking for a new rep Has anyone else had similar experiences

Thanks
boy, that does seem excessive. My coach is HOURS away, and has given me all her #s, and email to communicate. She gets the things i need to my mother (who lives there) so she can drop them in the mail. I can only go in every now and then, but my consultation is only $10. Plus, she's willing to come in on a weekend if that's the only time I'm in town. I know everyone runs his/her business differently, but that consulation fee seems very steep to me.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #152  

Quote:
I was initially told that the program would run me around $350 for the first consult which included 11 days worth of food. ... When all was said and done the rep pulled out an itemized list ... Total Cost: $484.92... When I got home [after first week weigh-in] and looked through my bag I had 9 puddings (which I hate) along with multiple drinks and a couple other packets. These items were not what I had requested on my order form.

So to make a long story short, do you guys think that I should go through another month long search in looking for a new rep Has anyone else had similar experiences
What happened at your first meeting is US GRADE A, federally inspected bull sheet. I'm sorry you got caught by such unbusinesslike "bait, lie, and upcharge" tactics.

Can you go back to the clinic before your next appointment and exchange the product you didn't order for the product you did? If not, or maybe even if you can exchange them, switch to www.idealtogo.com or alternative products.

Contact Ideal Protein's offices and/or the regional director. The only way we are going to get the service we're paying for is to hold the distributors' feet to the fire. These "smilies" are for real:
On the coach question, Carla started a new thread to talk about your expectations, and how your coach or clinic delivers:
Your coach ... access, contact, support
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ok I'm on day thirteen, and I still would love to have something carby!! I don't understand. I am not hungry, but I want it. I thought my cravings would be long gone by now. I don't know if I am in ketosis or not?? I don't feel like I have had any of the symptoms. No fruity breath, no funny taste in my mouth, IDK? Should I go get some ketone strips?? My first WI was -9 pounds, and I have been doing EVERYTHING RIGHT. No cheats, no nibbles of anything, have been eating my vegetables, my oil and salt and doing the IP products as my coach tells me too. Have been drinking 64 oz. water plus everyday. I don't get it why do I want chips, cookies, licorace, mexican food :......is it mind over matter at this point, am I just thinking I want these things.....ugh!!! Going to get ANOTHER cup of herbal tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
Definitely sounds like you are right on! and your weight loss so far certainly proves it for sure! ya might add up your carbs from your veggies and include counts on packets and restricted bars...see how many total you are getting... you could always cut down the restricted bars and see what happens. ... Carla? Svelting? anyone have any experience or opinion abt restricted items stalling or delaying ketosis?
Do I have an opinion? You bet! My experience is that cravings seem to ebb and flow. I did have cravings and mad "MUST.EAT" moments after the first week. Very early in phase 1, I started having more food than was written on the Phase 1 protocol sheet. The "one size diet fits all sizes of people" just didn't make sense to me. I usually had 4 packets/day + protein for dinner + some other personalized touches. I think 3-packet days occurred less than 4 or 5 times over my 3 months on Phase 1. At 5'8" you might consider an extra unrestricted packet too. If cost is an issue, look at alternatives for the 4th packet. I used Premier Nutrition shakes from Costco.

I have no evidence nor have I read anything to support this, but I think cravings could be one manifestation of the body healing itself. As you release a new layer fat, you crave the foods that made that fat. Even if that's completely fictional, if nothing else, it could be a reframe of an uncomfortable situation. DinobowerRN Carla's questions about your situation are definitely more based in reality.

The cravings do go away. Try some diversionary tactics: meditation, prayer, exercise, music, play, cuddling, sex, etc.

I wouldn't worry about symptoms of ketosis, or trying to determine whether you're in it or not. The strips may be a good problem diagnostic tool, but right now you don't have a problem they can diagnose. Save your time, energy and money for more important things than peeing on paper.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 01-30-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey Cousin...here is the Chat [age..I hope you find me...

Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I woke up feeling "fat" this morning, not sure why. I stepped on the scales and was down 2lbs since last Tues and the scale has not been moving for me so yay! And it was time to measure inches have gone down a little still needed something more so I took pictures I have not taken pictures in a month. Boy did that make me feel better.

pic one 10/6/11 pic on this morning 1/30/11
WOW you look awesome, I hope those close to you (family,friends, coworkers) Tell you that! My family is not very good at complimenting... but they think it!(sarcasm intended)
Old 01-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Aw, shoot. I was showing off my new word. But shiataki noodles are worth investigating; or many coaches carry them.
Okay that was awesome! I like a good laugh and a dry wit! This did it for me!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 263/263/150

Quote:
So I started this program a little over a week ago and I'm down 13lbs! However, the road to my weight loss has and continues to be difficult. This difficult journey started with a month long search for an IP location, after a few suggestions from this forum I was finally able to find a location. I immediately called and set up the appointment. I couldn’t wait to get started!

I was initially told that the program would run me around $350 for the first consult which included 11 days worth of food. No problem! I was so happy that I was finally taking the necessary steps to better my health. When all was said and done the rep pulled out an itemized list of the following.

Private consult: $210.00
Starter pack: $132.00
Supplements: $135.00
Shaker: $6.38
Sea Salt: $ 2.50
Total Cost: $484.92

I was a little taken back by the price but I wanted this so badly that I paid the entire sum. The first few days were difficult but I felt a difference in my body after just 2 days. To me it was worth it! When I called to set up an appointment for my first weigh in I basically got the run around and was told that my schedule didn’t match hers and I would have to wait. I then submitted my order form for the week and set up an appointment to meet with a fill in person to be weighed in. When I got home and looked through my bag I had 9 puddings (which I hate) along with multiple drinks and a couple other packets. These items were not what I had requested on my order form.

Thanks
Your experience seems to have been horrible. Can you go to IP online and complain about this coach and maybe they could help you get at least a partial refund? I mean, they have a rep out there giving them a really bad name, so maybe they'll help. My original package fee was $175 with the shaker, salt, and all necessary supplements included, and my consult fee (covering all consults and WI's) was $100.00. My coach is available just about all the time. I would look for another coach or try online support and service of some sort. Some of the senior members might have better advice here, but you definitely got the bad end of the deal. Good luck - I hope you can get it all straightened out and use the program successfully.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 263/263/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Good morning everyone!
I was wondering if someone can let me know how many eggs i eat if i am replacing my supper meat/fish with eggs?
I was weighed in Thursday and was down 9.5 lbs in 4 weeks, i am happy about that, but for some reason i left there and went out an bought chocolate, pizza and pop and gorged myself to the point of sickness. Then i tried to get back on the IP wagon Friday and did well until the evening, same thing saturday. What the **** was wrong with me? I am back at it today, i feel good today about being back on but holy crap, something took me over, my disappointment in myself is the worst!
Thanks for the ear (eyes)!
Allison
Hi - Just to be quick, I can be a binge eater. Usually, when I binge it's because I'm feeling deprived, upset or angry over something. Might not hurt to explore that a little to see how you're feeling about things. Don't be hard on yourself though, that won't help. Treat yourself well in ways that don't involve food, think well of yourself, and remind yourself how well you'll feel as you continue the protocol and lose the weight. You can do it! Hang in there!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #158  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I hope you won't mind as I ask some questions.

How active are you?
Are you in a job or lifestyle that keeps you up and moving a lot?
Has your coach given you any extra protein?
Are you eating a normal phase 1 or are you using an extra packet?
Are you using any restricted food items?
Are you exercising?
How frequently are you eating?
How much olive oil and/or omega 3's are you getting?

OK... based on those answers I may be able to make suggestions.

I know this may sound crazy but, based on what you wrote, my inclination is to say you are not getting enough food. This is a very low calorie diet compared to how some people have eaten. Sometimes, it goes too low too quickly. If you are truly hungry, you will go back to feeling like you are craving. I hate to personify our body behaviors but, you trained it well where to get fast foods/fuels and, if it thinks/feels like you are starving it you will suddenly find yourself wanting those fast fuels. If you don't give it, your body can start to 1) slow metabolism down 2) burn your own muscle for fuel. NEITHER is a desired outcome so, you need to optimally eat a low carb/high protein diet at an appropriate caloric level.

Let's see what your answers to the above are and maybe we can get you around those "cravings".
Activity: I was told not to exercise for at least three weeks at which point my coach would decide based on my loss.

I am a school nurse so my activity varies but generally not strenous.

Normal phase one with 3 IP packets a day. Only 3-4 bars a week.

I have coffee and a IP at breakfast; IP, salad with 2cups of veggies with oil vinagarette at lunch; 5 oz. meat with 2 cups of veggies/salad at dinner.

3 omega capsules a day and about 1-2 teaspoons of oil a day.

Right now I feel fine, not craving. This afternoon might have been a mind over matter thing like Rondar stated. Tuesday is WI #2 so I will see how I am doing.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #159  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
What happened at your first meeting is US GRADE A, federally inspected bull sheet. I'm sorry you got caught by such unbusinesslike "bait, lie, and upcharge" tactics.

Can you go back to the clinic before your next appointment and exchange the product you didn't order for the product you did? If not, or maybe even if you can exchange them, switch to www.idealtogo.com or alternative products.

Contact Ideal Protein's offices and/or the regional director. The only way we are going to get the service we're paying for is to hold the distributors' feet to the fire. These "smilies" are for real:
On the coach question, Carla started a new thread to talk about your expectations, and how your coach or clinic delivers:
Your coach ... access, contact, support

Do I have an opinion? You bet! My experience is that cravings seem to ebb and flow. I did have cravings and mad "MUST.EAT" moments after the first week. Very early in phase 1, I started having more food than was written on the Phase 1 protocol sheet. The "one size diet fits all sizes of people" just didn't make sense to me. I usually had 4 packets/day + protein for dinner + some other personalized touches. I think 3-packet days occurred less than 4 or 5 times over my 3 months on Phase 1. At 5'8" you might consider an extra unrestricted packet too. If cost is an issue, look at alternatives for the 4th packet. I used Premier Nutrition shakes from Costco.

I have no evidence nor have I read anything to support this, but I think cravings could be one manifestation of the body healing itself. As you release a new layer fat, you crave the foods that made that fat. Even if that's completely fictional, if nothing else, it could be a reframe of an uncomfortable situation. DinobowerRN Carla's questions about your situation are definitely more based in reality.

The cravings do go away. Try some diversionary tactics: meditation, prayer, exercise, music, play, cuddling, sex, etc.

I wouldn't worry about symptoms of ketosis, or trying to determine whether you're in it or not. The strips may be a good problem diagnostic tool, but right now you don't have a problem they can diagnose. Save your time, energy and money for more important things than peeing on paper.
Oh Svelting, you made my day!!! I do think it was just as you say a "MUST EAT" episode. As of right now I am doing great and made it through the "CARB TEST" but I'll spare you the details on how I made it through. Maybe it really is my body mourning the " release of the new fat layer". LOL No cheating happened and I survived. You are right , I do have more important things to worry about in regards to peeing on paper!!
Thanks so much!!

Last edited by DinobowerRN; 01-30-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #160  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I went on phase 2 Dec.25th. I stayed on phase 1 till I had loss about 95 or 96 % of my weight. I hit my goal of 120 on Jan.7th. About mid Jan. I began to wonder when would be the right time to move to phase 3. I wanted to loose a little more weight. Later in the month I realized I could stress my self if I was not careful. Thinking about which date, how much more should I loose, am I ready for the move and the change, ect. was not going to work. I finally decided to just do the plan as I had been doing for the past 8 months and I would know when the time was right. I have been loosing about 1/2 pound per week the past month. I saw 118 on my scales today, I felt a peace inside and I knew the time to move has come. I have some guestions, guess I should post them on the "life after phase 1" thread. I would like to make the move Tuesday and Valentine Day would be my last day on phase 3. That would make 8 1/2 months on the diet. I have the protocol sheet for phase 3 and I realize how important phase 3 is. Any help and advice will be appreciated. Judy
Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #161  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
ohh my.. I think this is a NSV: My roommate just got home with a bag full of just baked cookies and she tempted me and said just take one.. come on.. And I explain her, no I don't want one, No Thank you.

I don't know why she does that. She knows I'm fully commited to this. It's even like if she want me to failed. I don't know.. but i'm strong and I'm glad I have this site to have some support.

Thank you
I've found that some people do these things to make you fail. I'm not sure why. I think it has to do something with people not liking change. I've have so called friends tell me "you'll never lose all that weight!" I've now learned to tell only very close people and the people I do tell, I make myself very clear to be either a helper or a hinderer. Ask her which one she is. I would.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
So for my WI for week # 2, I lost -4.2lbs and -0.6% Bodyfat. Total lost over 2 weeks is -11lbs and -1.5% Bodyfat!
Whoo Hoo!! Great job!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Thank you to all your kind words and excitement for me.
This is the only place I feel like I can "brag" without people thinking I'm full of myself.

omg brag away brag away - you look fantastic CONGRATS!!!
Closed Thread