Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Okay ladies...I am struggling big time with my salads. Part of the reason I wanted to quit. I am almost gaging at the two homemade dressings I have loved for months.

Tell me why Good Seasonings italian is so bad? It says one carb but sugar is listed as first ingredient.

I just can't stomach the homemade dressings any minute.
I like creamy dressings, like ceasar, so the oil and vinegar are not for me. I made a great dressing.

I roasted 2 bulbs of garlic in the oven. You know cut the tops off and brushed them with olive oil, wrapped them loosely in foil and baked them for almost an hour. When they were cool I popped all the cloves out and put them in my magic bullet with basil infused olive oil, dijon mustard,and pureed it. added a little apple cider vinegar. Just kept playing with it until it was the right consitancy. A little goes a long way and it is wonderful has lasted me 2 weeks!!
Kim
Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #62  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
So last week I found a recipe online and made a fabulous caesar dressing out of silken tofu. I'm wondering if you could create some ranch dressing with the silken tofu and some Mrs. Dash seasoning?

6 ounces silken tofu (or soft tofu, drained) (comes in a box)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (I used dried)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Saw this online. Of course I would change the canola to grapeseed or olive oil.

Here is the recipe for the caesar dressing I made:

2 ounces cubed Parmesan
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 cup silken soft tofu
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

I used white vinegar because I wasn't sure if we were allowed white wine vinegar since we aren't allowed red wine vinegar.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the ideas and welcome back...I think I remember you from when I first joined the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I was the same. I order almost 100% alternative now. I use Weight Loss Systems stuff.

I bought the Swiss Chocolate shakes from Nashua. I don't remember the brand, but its Swiss chocolate. Closest I have found to the IP so far.

I use Kraft Calorie Wise Creamy Cucumber or their Italian. On occasion, I use the greek dressing as well. Even though they aren't 0/0/0, I only use a small amount and the flavor is great!

Afternoon all!

I am back after being storm stayed. Ibought $130 worth of new panties and bras at La Senza and some stuff for my trip. I leave in 6 days!
I did fall off protocol while I was away this week, and have decided to stay off until after my vacation, however, I may do a couple days of Phase 1 this week, because of the severe water retention that I have had.
Day 1 of being off the diet, I woke up with HUGE bags under my eyes, and my rings were tight. I have not had that problem since I started the diet. Goes to show how it works so well.

I am back to work now, and will be in and out here until I leave, depending how busy we are!

I love this group!

Susan
I will check out those drinks and I will start using good seasonings italian mix...i think it will be fine.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #63  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post

Time to move on! 100 percent on protocol from here on out to lose the rest of this weight and get to the gym with a personal trainer for bathing suit season! All these cheats are just slowing me down! NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!
Hi. It's good to see you again. I'm sorry you're having trouble but honestly (well, you know this) unless you really resolve to do the program 100% you'll probably continue to have problems. Then the cravings should pass. You're not at all alone having trouble getting into the right frame of mind the second time around. Unfortunately. It's hard.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Okay ladies...I am struggling big time with my salads. Part of the reason I wanted to quit. I am almost gaging at the two homemade dressings I have loved for months.

Tell me why Good Seasonings italian is so bad? It says one carb but sugar is listed as first ingredient.

Darbs - According to my doctor, we can have 10 sprays of Wishbone Salad Spritzers. I put half of my salad in the bowl and give it 5 sprays, then put in the rest and 5 more sprays. That way the dressing is all through my salad. My husband and I have been doing this since we began and have seen no ill affects. He has lost over 120# and I've lost 60#. I hope this helps your salads
Old 01-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #65  

I haven't had much time to post in the past few days, but I've been reading & loving everybody's posts... just wanted to share an idea I had a few days ago... I was in the local super center, looking at Valentine cards, etc., & noticed a package of small red heart-shaped stickers... I thought those would be a great way to mark on my calendar the days I stick to protocol 100% -- you know, like the stars teachers stick on a paper well done or parents for kids doing their chores or whatever... now I have a full weeks-worth of hearts on my calendar... not only do they show I stuck with protocol, but they also remind me of how much I love myself!!!..

hugs
Old 01-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #66  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I haven't had much time to post in the past few days, but I've been reading & loving everybody's posts... just wanted to share an idea I had a few days ago... I was in the local super center, looking at Valentine cards, etc., & noticed a package of small red heart-shaped stickers... I thought those would be a great way to mark on my calendar the days I stick to protocol 100% -- you know, like the stars teachers stick on a paper well done or parents for kids doing their chores or whatever... now I have a full weeks-worth of hearts on my calendar... not only do they show I stuck with protocol, but they also remind me of how much I love myself!!!..

hugs
What a lovely idea. (One of the most embarrassing moments in my professional life was when two students ask me why I'd put Chiquita banana stickers on their A papers and thanked me. My 3-year old son deserved the thanks.)
Old 01-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #67  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I was in the local super center, looking at Valentine cards, etc., & noticed a package of small red heart-shaped stickers... I thought those would be a great way to mark on my calendar the days I stick to protocol 100% -- you know, like the stars teachers stick on a paper well done or parents for kids doing their chores or whatever... now I have a full weeks-worth of hearts on my calendar... not only do they show I stuck with protocol, but they also remind me of how much I love myself!!!..

hugs

Good idea! Think I'll run to town and get some at the local dollar store. THANKS!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Darbs - According to my doctor, we can have 10 sprays of Wishbone Salad Spritzers. I put half of my salad in the bowl and give it 5 sprays, then put in the rest and 5 more sprays. That way the dressing is all through my salad. My husband and I have been doing this since we began and have seen no ill affects. He has lost over 120# and I've lost 60#. I hope this helps your salads
Oh...I will try that.

Quote:

hugs
Great idea...I would have the last 3 days with a big heart and hopefully the next 3 weeks until the cruise.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #69  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Bad! This last week I was almost 100% on protocol and then had a cheat last night with a couple cookies because I was having a major sugar craving! Now I know why - started my TOM this morning. I never had these problems the first time around. I also never craved bread/cookies even when I wasn't on IP and losing weight. Not sure what that is about.
I often get a sweet tooth on this diet, especially after a meal. I do not give into the craving, however, and have developed ways to get past it. I most often reach for a hot cup of coffee or tea, sweetened with splenda. I'll add some cinnamon and a dash of almond milk, and find the sweet craving is gone once the drink is finished.

Welcome back, and I wish you luck your second time around. I would be the same if I had to face delicious bread each day. I will tell you this: I took my sons to a donut shop last week before school, where their youth minister meets with the kids for a quick prayer on some mornings. It was just the four of us, and a dozen donuts were staring me in the face for about a half hour. My kids each had two, I didn't have any. Not even tempted. We brought the left-overs home, and they finished them off a bit every day until they were gone, and I never had one. Before IP, I would not have been able to resist, and I think my ability to do so now stems from not cheating. So hang in there, and I suspect your cravings will either disappear or become manageable.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for your support everyone! The funny thing is I am not a person wh usuallly craves sweets at all! I got to 185 by not exercising and eating too much fat (in the way of butter, bacon, etc). Never really had a problem with sweets before. Great idea on coffee/tea with stevia, I don't usually but any sweetner in my coffee/tea so that will be a nice treat! You are all great friends. 100 percent on protocol today
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #71  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:

Darbs, I too loved the Good Seasonings italian dressing before I started this, but what I have gone to is Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian. They also make one that is specifically made with olive oil. 1 carb. Yummy stuff. I barely need any of it on my salad.

I hate WF dressings. I'd rather use the real stuff in tiny amounts.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #72  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Darbs, I too loved the Good Seasonings italian dressing before I started this, but what I have gone to is Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian. They also make one that is specifically made with olive oil. 1 carb. Yummy stuff. I barely need any of it on my salad.

I have to agree with you on that one. Tried sone WF dressings and they were ....uhmmm well what I would call putrid. Would much rather eat my salads (and I don't do them often either esp in the winter months!!) with nothing or a simple oil & vinegar instead. As far as I am concerned....it's more natural and better for you than the preservatives and who knows what all they add to what I call 'fake' dressings.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

That is good to hear. The good seasonings is only 1 carb too, I wonder if it would be bad? I will try the Newman.

Today I had 1 tsp of evoo, sea salt, 1/2 tsp of parm cheese, and 8 pepper rings and ate a pepper ring with each bite and the salad was great.

hey I sent you a long PM check it out
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
That is good to hear. The good seasonings is only 1 carb too, I wonder if it would be bad? I will try the Newman.
You know if you look at the salad dressing ingredients for Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar it has one carb and that is what we (probably) eat when we make our own olive oil & vinegar dressing.

http://www.newmansown.com/product_de...px?productid=1

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 01-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #75  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
hey I sent you a long PM check it out
I got it - I just hadn't had time to write back yet. I was at church all morning!
Closed Thread