Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #61  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Thank you Amber for your help... *quickly writing Amber's veg list down*
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
What this "cheesecake" pack you speak of? I haven't seen or heard of it before.
it's an alternate product packet. lindora or proti-diet has it. it's ok as "cheesecake" but i decided to use it up in my coffee as creamer... the pudding type packets give the coffee a nice creamy mouth feel...
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
There was some talk about a praline caramel tea. I can't remember where it was, I have been reading so much of these forums I am getting lost. What brand is the praline caramel tea? Would like to get me some!!
oooh that sounds delish...... me to, me to! someone please post if you know
Old 01-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #64  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Will take any ideas that you are willing to share with me. TIA!
My typical grocery trip consists of buying:
1 bag spring mix
1 bag baby spinach
1 bag romaine
turnips
mushrooms
asparagus
g. onion
g. pepper
cabbage

Other items I buy:
apple cider vinegar
sea salt (I have to get the good kind...not white...at a specialty cooking store)
good evoo
knox jello, unsweetened koolaide (make your own jello)
chai decaf tea

Online I buy:
liquid stevia flavors (might have to look somewhere big or online)
1 oz. WF Italian dressing packages
variety of sugar-free syrups (my store only carries 1 flavor)
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #65  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
it's an alternate product packet. lindora or proti-diet has it. it's ok as "cheesecake" but i decided to use it up in my coffee as creamer... the pudding type packets give the coffee a nice creamy mouth feel...
I've never tried it in my coffee....I have tried it as pudding....just "ok". I might have to try that....since I have almost a whole box sitting there not being eaten!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #66  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

thank you Wyoangel! Those are great things to add to the list.

You guys are so helpful!
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default I need some help; or maybe a lot.

If you have hypothyroidism and have been interested in my posts regard in it, you've probably realized that I'm (to my despair) almost evangelical about being careful with soy, goitrogenic vegetables, and calcium, and when and how you eat them. I'm probably like the reformed smoker because I went into this program with none of the relevant information from doctor, endocrinologist, or coach. It's here, and through some research, that I've gained facts and some little knowledge.

I also went into the IP Program believing in it. It just makes sense to me, even though I first approached it in a "show me" state.

I'd just spent 2 years strictly following the diet requirements of a nutritionist with Kaiser in Hawai'i (low fat, high carbs and fiber, and under 1200 calories), and slowly but steadily gained 40 pounds, from an over-weight 144, to 184, lost energy and muscle, developed (or had diagnosed) fibromyalgia. And, at the very end, became pre-diabetic.

Lord knows, I was desperate for something that worked, and made sense, and showed results; or even something that would just get me back to my somewhat over-weight status AND LOSE the midriff fat.

And I'm sorry this is such a long narrative, but I'm trying to give a full picture.

Slightly less that three months into the program I found out about the soy/calcium problems. I kind of felt betrayed, by the program and, certainly my coach who, if she could read, should have known about the implications for people with hypothyroidism. Nonetheless, I adjusted. There are only 4 non-soy IP unrestricted products: one lacks amino acids; 2 are RTDs and I didn't order them because of the shipping costs; and strawberry pudding. Since then I've pretty much lived on Strawberry pudding before noon (6 hours after hypo medication) or all day, and just sucked it up. But I stopped losing weight at 30 pounds lost and my doctor (big help, she) said she was amazed I'd been able to lose that much given the pain killers, etc. I was taking, and I should be happy with it and not expect more.

That left, leaves me, at 154 and holding even though I follow the plan faithfully. And tired, above and beyond the effort required to take on a new lifestyle, new culture, new foods, new language, and the worrying about the health of my animals.

Three days ago I was having a light potassium day, despite supplements, and I decided to go looking to see if IP had posted more nutritional information about there products, e.g., how much Ma, K, and Ca each contained -- something I hadn't done for almost a half a year. I know I can't begin to express what I felt and thought when I read that strawberry pudding had 198% of the daily requirement of calcium -- the one thing that can block thyroid medicine if taken in close proximity with it. Horror is really the right word but it's so flippantly used, I hesitate.

So where do I go from here? where can I go. I know I should be able to figure this out, and do it cheerfully, but I'm kind of mind-numb from the long trip, the unaccousstomed cold, lack of sleep and, most of all, because of the concern for the puppy with pneumonia. As things stand, I think I may be doing more damage than good. But this is about me; it doesn't negate the benefits of the IP Program.

If any of you can see clearly, even through a portion of a solution, I'll probably be grateful for the rest of my life. And you know what, after 7 months, I'd really like to get a sensible, balanced life back. And walk for miles, and miles. I mean, I'm in a city again, for crying out loud.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #68  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning everyone... well I leave for Punta Cana at 0600 Sat morning! I CAN NOT WAIT !!!!! however, my goal to get into the 150's has FAILED... ah well.... this time last year, i was on the beach at 220lbs... NOT this year... so I keep reminding myself that.......and when I return its full on to my goal before summer. At least I have NOT gained... bouncing between 167 - 169 then back down... Have a great day everyone!
Have fun on your vacation.

Quote:
Morning all! my week 3- i'm down 17lbs in 24 days! woo hoo! i was totally zapped tho the last 2 days, just exhausted and a headache. some stomach troubles. i re-read my stuff and decided to do my sea salt in water. feeling much better today so far, anyways! must have been a little sodium/minerals depleted..... wishing you all a 100% ip day!
Congrats keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I had W1#3 last night… -2.6 lbs! I was a little disappointed at first, having lost 6 Lbs in both W1 and W2, but I'm over it! 15 Lbs in 3 weeks is pretty impressive!

I've decided I'm going to amp up my exercise. I know there has been some discussion about not exercising but my coach said it was fine, and I believe that is why I didn’t lose as much as I would have liked this week. I also haven’t been measuring much of anything meat or veggies, so I’m definitely going to start that! I’m also going to cut back on my EVOO, using my PAM EVOO spray instead of the real thing for cooking. The one part I will have a hard time cutting it out of is my salad dressings. I haven’t got the tastes for the WF yet and I’ve tried 4 of them, I think I’m just going to have to suck it up!

Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Don't ever be disappointed with that total. 15lbs in 3 weeks is AWESOME just keep doing the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good morning all,

I have been on program now for 4 1/2 weeks. I am really getting a little tired of raw veggies. I steam them once in awhile, but wondering if any "gourmet cooks" out there have ways to season different vegetables. I am pretty basic. Garlic salt is about it.Would love to get some ideas.

Not to rub it in to those of you on the east coast, but I have buds on my trees already and I am in Idaho! Be safe on those roads.

Linda
Check out the recipe threads there are numerousways to spice up the veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
HELLO! Happy Thursday Ip'ers <3

So............ I went for my WI this morning & I didn't lose a lb, however I did lose 4.5inchs.... how is that even possible?

Confused!
Congrats on the inches lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI #3 and a 9.4# loss and 2.5 inches, Wow! Feeling great. I know this is going to be good for me in the long run.

Hope you all have great WI this week. Good luck to all staying on protocol! WE CAN DO IT!
Way to go Juiceman !!!!!!! that is an AWESOME total keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Just had WI#2 - and according to her scale I only lost 1.5lbs - but according to my scale at home this morning I lost 3....so I'm going with mine :-)

Regardless - I'm happy. Can't wait to see what next week holds....
Congrats keep up the good work.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
If you have hypothyroidism and have been interested in my posts regard in it, you've probably realized that I'm (to my despair) almost evangelical about being careful with soy, goitrogenic vegetables, and calcium, and when and how you eat them. I'm probably like the reformed smoker because I went into this program with none of the relevant information from doctor, endocrinologist, or coach. It's here, and through some research, that I've gained facts and some little knowledge.

I also went into the IP Program believing in it. It just makes sense to me, even though I first approached it in a "show me" state.

I'd just spent 2 years strictly following the diet requirements of a nutritionist with Kaiser in Hawai'i (low fat, high carbs and fiber, and under 1200 calories), and slowly but steadily gained 40 pounds, from an over-weight 144, to 184, lost energy and muscle, developed (or had diagnosed) fibromyalgia. And, at the very end, became pre-diabetic.

Lord knows, I was desperate for something that worked, and made sense, and showed results; or even something that would just get me back to my somewhat over-weight status AND LOSE the midriff fat.

And I'm sorry this is such a long narrative, but I'm trying to give a full picture.

Slightly less that three months into the program I found out about the soy/calcium problems. I kind of felt betrayed, by the program and, certainly my coach who, if she could read, should have known about the implications for people with hypothyroidism. Nonetheless, I adjusted. There are only 4 non-soy IP unrestricted products: one lacks amino acids; 2 are RTDs and I didn't order them because of the shipping costs; and strawberry pudding. Since then I've pretty much lived on Strawberry pudding before noon (6 hours after hypo medication) or all day, and just sucked it up. But I stopped losing weight at 30 pounds lost and my doctor (big help, she) said she was amazed I'd been able to lose that much given the pain killers, etc. I was taking, and I should be happy with it and not expect more.

That left, leaves me, at 154 and holding even though I follow the plan faithfully. And tired, above and beyond the effort required to take on a new lifestyle, new culture, new foods, new language, and the worrying about the health of my animals.

Three days ago I was having a light potassium day, despite supplements, and I decided to go looking to see if IP had posted more nutritional information about there products, e.g., how much Ma, K, and Ca each contained -- something I hadn't done for almost a half a year. I know I can't begin to express what I felt and thought when I read that strawberry pudding had 198% of the daily requirement of calcium -- the one thing that can block thyroid medicine if taken in close proximity with it. Horror is really the right word but it's so flippantly used, I hesitate.

So where do I go from here? where can I go. I know I should be able to figure this out, and do it cheerfully, but I'm kind of mind-numb from the long trip, the unaccousstomed cold, lack of sleep and, most of all, because of the concern for the puppy with pneumonia. As things stand, I think I may be doing more damage than good. But this is about me; it doesn't negate the benefits of the IP Program.

If any of you can see clearly, even through a portion of a solution, I'll probably be grateful for the rest of my life. And you know what, after 7 months, I'd really like to get a sensible, balanced life back. And walk for miles, and miles. I mean, I'm in a city again, for crying out loud.
i have read that if you take your thyroid, (assume it's natural dessicated type) sublingually then you negate the problems with absorption in the stomach. ???? try a google on it and see what you get... post back what you find out. i'm hypo too and on armour i've done it before and it tastes kinda neutral and doesn't bother me per se but i usually just swallow it anyways...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 224/205/150

does anyone know if there is a fat free mayo, sour cream, or yogart that is IP approved? I am having a terrible time finding a dressing. I love love love salads but WF is not working for me. I am usually a ranch or blue cheese kind of girl and was trying to make my own.
erathbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
i have read that if you take your thyroid, (assume it's natural dessicated type) sublingually then you negate the problems with absorption in the stomach. ???? try a google on it and see what you get... post back what you find out. i'm hypo too and on armour i've done it before and it tastes kinda neutral and doesn't bother me per se but i usually just swallow it anyways...
Oh boy. Why didn't I ask earlier? I'm taking levothyrodiozine which is a bit (or a lot) different than armour, but it's what I'm stuck with until I get approved for medical insurance here and find a good doctor. (My age is definitely against me here, but I'm trying to work it out.) This is the best I've found so far and it deals directly with levo . . ., and I pretty much respect what Mary Shomon has to say. http://thyroid.about.com/b/2008/01/1...medication.htm

I'm only beginning to search. But it sure is nice to have something positive to do.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

So I just got back from WI #1. I lost 4 lbs, which isn't as good as I was expecting but I am happy with that! It is 4 lbs that will be gone forever. I only lost 1 inch all over. So I was a bit disappointed with that but I figure my body just needs some time to adjust.

I also think I might be getting into ketosis now. My mouth is starting to taste very metallic today and I am very thirsty! I am just excited for this week. I love veggies so I'm not having any issues with them and now I got to pick my food so I don't have to eat anything I don't like! Hooray!

Have a good day everyone!
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #73  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Linden, Have you thought much about how you need to eat for the rest of your life? That really helped me figure where I need to go. I have similar thyroid issue and while I haven't been as strict as you have with which products I use, now that I'm in my "normal" eating mode I am much more conscientious. I'm Svelting pointed me to a couple of books---Protein Power Lifeplan by the Eades, and Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint (available for online download). I also discovered The Paleo Diet. I'm pretty convinced that where I need to be given the thyroid, and other hormone issues is someplace between those three plans. One of the key points that I took from one of them is that if you eat the right foods for your body, your weight will stabilize where it needs to be. (I'm not always patient about figure out what that is though! )

Anyway, my suggestion is to think about how you are going to eat post IP. I knew I couldn't exactly follow Tran's diet because I can't eat grains like wheat and corn. I also knew I felt best when I maintained a good level of protein. What makes you feel good---and not an emotional feel good but a physical feel good?

Send me a PM if you'd like to chat more about the specifics. Hormone issues have been a part of my journey for about 20 years now so I've got lots.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #74  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

WI#3 - down 3lbs (TOM), but 2 more inches in my waist! i love how quickly i am shrinking!

i host a book reading for a couple of UCSF comparative literature PhD students once a week. We read the "novel" by Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi (probably the worst book ever written, but so funny to read!!), and tonight i am making brownies with M&Ms for the group. i will not be touching them. i will not even take the tiniest taste of the batter. i will not even eat one M&M. i am very proud of how willful and determined IP makes me!!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Oh boy. Why didn't I ask earlier? I'm taking levothyrodiozine which is a bit (or a lot) different than armour, but it's what I'm stuck with until I get approved for medical insurance here and find a good doctor. (My age is definitely against me here, but I'm trying to work it out.) This is the best I've found so far and it deals directly with levo . . ., and I pretty much respect what Mary Shomon has to say. http://thyroid.about.com/b/2008/01/1...medication.htm

I'm only beginning to search. But it sure is nice to have something positive to do.
I'm still new to the board - so I don't know all your history. But I assume if you follow Mary - and know about the cal/soy connection you are well versed in the hypo journey. But I just wanted to make double sure you have a Dr (or will be looking for one) that is dosing you based on T3/T4 levels and not TSH. I firmly believe this is the most critical thing a person can do in getting their thyroid dosing correct. And I'm a firm believer in T3 supplementation for many.

For me - I've struggled with this since the age of 17 (I'm 41 now) - with a 10 year period of being untreated b/c my then endo declared my thyroid 'cured' - whatever. 10 years later I had dieted and exercised my way up to an 80lb gain and had a severe hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance, and PCOS. Since getting back on meds and adding T3 I can now at least function and on most days can stay awake long enough to drive home from work. And with IP - I've been able to make my weight move down.

I'm worried about the soy and other challenges this diet poses to my thyroid - but I'm hopeful (or in denial) that it wont affect me. If it does - then...well...not sure what I'm going to do. So far this is the ONLY thing that has EVER worked!

Good Luck!

and in your research check out the site stopthethyroidmaddness. Great info on T3 and other thyroid related issues.
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote