Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #46  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
I'm kind of stuck in what to do as I'm moving towards closer to my goal. For the past two months I've basically slowly lost 5 or 6 pounds. It's been harder since the Holidays most likely because I did go off IP for about 4 days during the Christmas Holiday and have found it harder to stick 100% to protocal. I just got used to having a bar every night and I've been hit with several colds in a row so my walking and exercise has slowed.

My goal is to get to 150 and I'm basically 8 pounds away. But in about 4 weeks I'm going to the islands for a wedding and then 2 weeks later another wedding. My goal has always been to be in phase 4 by the wedding. I thought I'd easily met my 150 goal and I could do a full transition of phase 2-4. So now I have to decide if I want to properly phase off which means starting phase 2 next week. Any advice? I'm starting to feel like I need a break from IP and phasing off properly will give me that opportunity. Not sure what to do? I'm not necessarily stuck on a specific weight goal because I started IP to lose weight knowing that me and my husband would like to have another baby next year. Last time I was pregnant I started at 20 pounds heavier. Am I just getting lazy? Should I go through phase 2-4. I'm more concerned also about building muscle now so I keep my metabolism up when I eventually have another baby.
I went on Phase II just before Christmas. Needed a change and liked having some real food vs another packet. I was thinking of phasing off before xmas but decided to stick with phase II with a few cheats over the holidays. Took me a little longer to get back on protocol after Christmas and was stalled out for a bit but things have been much better the last couple of weeks. Lost as much if not more weight per week when I transitioned to phase II. It might be the jump start you are looking for...try it for a week and see. I like Phase II better and it's cheaper too!
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #47  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good morning all,

I have been on program now for 4 1/2 weeks. I am really getting a little tired of raw veggies. I steam them once in awhile, but wondering if any "gourmet cooks" out there have ways to season different vegetables. I am pretty basic. Garlic salt is about it.Would love to get some ideas.

Not to rub it in to those of you on the east coast, but I have buds on my trees already and I am in Idaho! Be safe on those roads.

Linda
Roasting veggies is a wonderful change. Asparagus, peppers, zuchinni, grilled with a bit of oil and seasoning...Yum! Looks pretty too. I do a lot of stir frys too. Freshly sliced mushrooms mixed the ready to eat coleslaw or broccoli slaw with a bit of garlic, oil and soya sauce in the frying pan is my new favourite thing to do. That and I purchased a silicone steam case from Costco and use it for everything - oven and microwave.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #48  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
anyone else notice that the lemon bars taste like the lemon girl scout cookies? yum!
That could be dangerous! I do love the lemon pudding and the banana pudding. I mix them in my magic bullet and let them sit in the fridge until nice and cold. The banana reminds me of banana creme pie! A nice treat.
Spiffsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #49  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
That could be dangerous! I do love the lemon pudding and the banana pudding. I mix them in my magic bullet and let them sit in the fridge until nice and cold. The banana reminds me of banana creme pie! A nice treat.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #50  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
That sounds good! I'll have to try the banana one!
tbf410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #51  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
have you tried mixing a packet i.e. vanilla or choc pudding or drink with COLD water, then add the coffee. it's like tempering an egg. works beautifully! if you add the powder to hot water (or coffee) it just clumps and is nasty. my standard "breakfast" is 1 packet in coffee every morning. i absolutely love it! cheesecake, caramel, mocha any of them are tasty!
What this "cheesecake" pack you speak of? I haven't seen or heard of it before.
JCWilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #52  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Back from WI #3 and a 9.4# loss and 2.5 inches, Wow! Feeling great. I know this is going to be good for me in the long run.

Hope you all have great WI this week. Good luck to all staying on protocol! WE CAN DO IT!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Just had WI#2 - and according to her scale I only lost 1.5lbs - but according to my scale at home this morning I lost 3....so I'm going with mine :-)

Regardless - I'm happy. Can't wait to see what next week holds....
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #54  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

There was some talk about a praline caramel tea. I can't remember where it was, I have been reading so much of these forums I am getting lost. What brand is the praline caramel tea? Would like to get me some!!
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #55  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI #3 and a 9.4# loss and 2.5 inches, Wow! Feeling great. I know this is going to be good for me in the long run.

Hope you all have great WI this week. Good luck to all staying on protocol! WE CAN DO IT!
THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

Can you send some of it my way? I need the encouragement. However, no cheats and I'm seeing my home scale drop.
tbf410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:

You are on a ROLL!!!!!! Congrats!! Keep it up!!
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #57  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
What this "cheesecake" pack you speak of? I haven't seen or heard of it before.
Lindora has a cheesecake pudding. IP doesn't. I'm thinking of placing an order, but I sure do love my vanilla pudding with coffee and sf caramel!

Quote:

Holy cannoli, Batman! What an awesome week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
Just had WI#2 - and according to her scale I only lost 1.5lbs - but according to my scale at home this morning I lost 3....so I'm going with mine :-)

Regardless - I'm happy. Can't wait to see what next week holds....
A loss is a loss! (I'd go with mine, too, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
There was some talk about a praline caramel tea. I can't remember where it was, I have been reading so much of these forums I am getting lost. What brand is the praline caramel tea? Would like to get me some!!
That was me. I finished the last of it yesterday, and couldn't find more on Amazon. I don't remember the brand, sorry! Teavana has a really really really delicious creme brulee, though!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hello Ip'ers!

It's another visit from your IP'er wanna be. Decided I jump down from the rafters for a post. I am working on my grocery lists for IP. Would like to start purchasing stuff a little at a time, since I know that the week of Feb 16th (workshop day) will be a pricey one. I have two lists going. One that I can starting buying now and one of veggies that I will have to purchase the day before workshop. (I plan on starting Feb. 17th) Will take any ideas that you are willing to share with me. TIA!

To be purchase now

4 Waters (in 64oz bottles) would love to drink 2 a day
Mrs. Dash
Sea Salt (I have pepper, pepper and more pepper. I LOVE pepper)
Tea bags
Biotin (have to take care of my nails, they are my best feature)
EVOO spray
Extracts
Davinci sryup
Minced Garlic (I love garlic!)

Veggie's to be purchased later

Cauliflower
Braccoli
Onion
Green Peppers
Lettuce, lettuce, Lettuce
Lemon & Lime
Kale (kale chips sound totally yummy)
Chicken Breast & other lean proteins.

I'm curious, how many heads of braccoli and cauliflower do you guys go thru in a week?

Alsom what kind of vinegar can I use if any? As much as the sound of WF is freaking me out, do you know Amber if any local stores carry the packets of salad dressings, for eating out?

Thanks everyone for your help! Best of luck to all of you and thanks so
much for pumping me up for IP!
Ya know...I don't know. I have been lucky enough that my lady carries enough and only charges 5 a bottle that i haven't looked elsewhere. I certainly haven't seen it at albertsons down the street, but i also try to only go to the vegetable and meat section when i am at the store. lol Whole foods might...or vitamin cottage?
you might be able to check online at the bigger stores sites. they can usually tell you if they carry any item at all and if so what stores near you do or don't have it.
And my guaranteed vegetable grocery list each weekend looks like this:

3 heads of broccoli (med to small)
1 head of cauliflower
3 zucchini
1 bag of spinach
2 cucumber
2 green peppers
1 bunch of skinny asparagus
1 bag with 3 romaine lettuce hearts
1 bunch of kale (but that seems to wilt quickly)

Last edited by amber2beme; 01-27-2011 at 04:13 PM.
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #59  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

Can you send some of it my way? I need the encouragement. However, no cheats and I'm seeing my home scale drop.
Thank you! Just keep telling yourself there is no cheating. If you really have to "cheat" or need something, have another packet, eat a few more vegetables. Remember, a bad cheat costs you $50+ to undo that cheat.

"Is that (CHEAT) worth $50? No!"

You are doing great and have great results so far. Keep at it and those items you want to eat can be eaten later, we just have to wait a while for them. I look at it this way. Once the phases are over and I have reached my goal, I can eat anything I want in proper amounts, combinations and times. I plan to incorporate more exercise and weight training to help this too. I look at it as nothing is taken away from us for GOOD, we just have to WAIT for a little while before we can enjoy them PROPERLY again. The longer we stay in phase 1 the longer we have to wait for those to come back.

I am doing this as strict as possible so phase 1 is as short as possible and I can move on. Is it hard? Yes but well worth it.

I will help you in anyway you would like. We can set up goals between us, we can have a healthy competition, hold each other accountable, share weekly food logs....etc. I am here to help you achieve your goal. I plan on being done with phase 1 by my birthday April 6th. My coaches see no reason my progress should slow down if I keep doing what I am doing.

We can do this Jess, I am here to help! Just tell me what you would like me to help you with.

You do look amazing with your weight loss so far and I know you want more. You have to do it for yourself and want to do it. I know you can! Keep at it sister!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #60  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
You are on a ROLL!!!!!! Congrats!! Keep it up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Holy cannoli, Batman! What an awesome week!

Thank you! Keep at it, we can all do this.