Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #106  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

Mrs. Diettrich....your progress is remarkable!! YOU look Fabulous ~ Keep up the good work!
Spiffsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #107  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well tonight I got home from work and was putting my little guy to bed and he told me. "Dad your tummy isn't a big soft pillow anymore." I nearly pee'd myself laughing when he told me that. That is my NSV for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
I found this thread last night and I'm so happy I did. I have found great success stories and encouragement and now feel like I might have a support team that I can ask questions of, get recipes, etc. I started IP on Saturday, heard about it from a friend. I need to lose 20 pounds, but I've needed to do this for the past 6 years and just couldn't do it on my own. I'm on my 5th day and already feel lighter. Jeans are fitting a little better. I know I will be checking back here daily to see how everyone is doing. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!!
you have come to the right place for support and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi! Everyone..

Well I hate to admit it or even say this BUT..
I gained 2 lbs this week.

I figured part of the process of weight loss is being accountable for my actions.
I do not believe in cheating and do not condone it either, at the same time I do believe in owning up to it.

I am not going to let one yes just one bad day and decision sabotage the rest of this journey. I sucked it up and back on track, I am not going to dwell on it! The scale next week will be a loss I can feel it.

Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for listening.
Lisa
Get back on the horse you can do this last week was a minor hicup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning to all of you!!

Today is way better then yesterday, I want to thank everybody who supported me because of my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. and really i'm happy for them, (made 2 years i'm not longer with my ex, we were together for 5 years) and I just wish the best for them, it will be a little weird to see them together, but it's fine with me.. anyways funny story, but I didn't cheat yesterday.. and after 2 days without me on a scale, I lost 2 pounds this morning..

I'm soooo happy, but everytime I go on this scale I remember myself that if I don't lose anything it's fine (because in my head I don't think it's possible for me to lose weight, silly enh!) But everytime i'm surprise.

I have to confess I did a dance in my bedroom this morning when I found out for those 2 pounds!!!! I was so excited!

Anyways have a good IP day to everyone!!
Congrats keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
My first weigh in was this morning.....drum roll please....

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought the scale was off. I even asked em to reweigh me. I even screwed up the protocol mulitple times by eating a restricted item every day (actually two on one day where I screwed up) one day I missed a pack completely and only had two. Forgot to take my salt for two days, took my vitamins before bed because I forgot to take em with dinner on two days..not to mention the accidental knife licking after makin a pb+j for my daughter. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!
That is AWESOME !!!!!!! Keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Today is a much better day! This proves to me that pushing through the cravings and the bad days are soooo worth it, cause it probably ends up being 1 day instead of however many days it would take to get my body back on track.
Yesterday 1 of the MAJOR things that was said that kept me going was the question as to wether or not that "item" was worth 50$ and the time it could take to recover from it. thank you so much for that! i am a single mom so every penny counts and to think that the 85$ i spent on IP that week would be for nothing...well let's just see i didn't even look at the candy the rest of the day.
WI # 3 = another 3 pounds GONE!!! AND turns out they did their math wrong and that first week I got rid of 5.6 not 4.6 like I had thought. So that was like an additional hooray. So 11.6 in 3 weeks. I am officially a pound less than i was when i did HCG. The lowest I have gotten on the at home scale since being sober was 2 years ago when i got to 139 for a day. It took me 3 months of doing "slim for life" to get there from 158. And i think I will get there EASY in 2 months! I am sooo confident that I went to my grandmas and went on a shopping spree! she has been keeping about 4 bins stuffed full of clothes that were too small but i wouldn't get rid of. I took about 3000$ worth of clothes home and I think I will fit them all in 2 weeks and probably being getting rid of my "fat clothes"!!
This week im supposed to get my TOM so the 3 pound loss is even more satisfying! Might be why I have been having more cravings too...idk.
I bought the protein packets that have less carbs in them for this week: vanilla pudding, peach and mango drink, and the blueberry cranberry drink. I was afraid I may not like them but they are pretty good. just hope they keep me as full as the higher carb ones.
i ALSO think i am going to start exercising. my coach said to just take an extra protein packet before i do my exercise and to just start slow. I have a 6.5 month old rottweiler at home that i think would LOVE to take me on a walk everyday when i get home for 20 min. so i'm gonna start there. I also asked about the restricted packets and she said they are adviced to not give them out till phase 3 in most cases. but if i have a stall from exercise she said we can try adding in a few of those a week and see if that is what i need.
I am EXCITED and feel reinvigorated for IP!! LOVE IT!!!
Congrats keep up the great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
I started IP on 1/18/11 and I had my first weigh in yesterday! Guess what guys? I'm down a total of 13lbs! I feel amazing and everyone at work was shocked! I researched and planned for this diet for about a couple of months. I was oh so afraid that I would have had a bad reaction to the foods and that it wouldn't work. With that in mind I took vacation time off from work during my first week, and when I returned to work everyone was in awe! I really didn't expect it to be that significant! I want to take the time to thank each and everyone of you for supporting this forum your posts and responses have helped me a lot.

13lbs down & 47lbs to go!
Way to go keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Weigh In 4 is in! 2.2 pounds this week and 7 inches from all over! I love love love it; I am just in Heaven! 2.2 pounds with hormonal craziness and water retention? YEAH! That's the high end of the spectrum for every other diet out there! A good friend came with me, and thank goodness, because Thing 1 and Thing 2 were along for the ride and are into everything now.

I asked my coach about the blueberry-pom drinks as a daily, and he said it's fine, so I'm not sure...I compared the nutrition, and it looks similar to the puddings, am I missing something? I know someone said they were only to be used as a meal/snack three days a week, is there a reason? I think I'm going to use those 4 days and a restricted the other 3 as my snack.

Congrats keep up the awesome job you are doing. As for the blueberry-pom drink I have one everyday and it hasn't effected me none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
Back from WI#8
I lost .8#'s...was hoping for more, but a loss is a loss and I am almost at goal. After reviewing my chart, we (my coach and myself) realized I need to stay away from the gym. I am not one to go and exercise lightly...I am an "all or nothing" kind of person. I took the first 5 weeks of the program off from the gym. My losses were 6.6, 6.6, 1, 3.6, and 3....then I thought I would go back to exercising and my losses have been 2, 1.8 and .8. I have always from day one eaten a bit more protein than is allowed and if I ever 'cheat' it is only by eating a few more ounces of meat. So.....I'm still a "loser" which is great!!! and I am now going to take the next few weeks off from the gym and reach my goal!!! (only 7#'s to go!!) Then I will go back to the gym....I also went to phase 2 and am excited for that small change!! Here's to shaking things up in my body and having a great loss number for week #9...wooo hooo
Celebrate that loss keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Today I had my 14th weight in and I am now down another 2 lbs..that puts me at 53 lbs ..I'm thrilled...
I have 27 lbs to my goal and its there..I can almost reach out and touch it...
Last night I put on my wedding dress..its this really cute blue dress and my husband was shocked...wow..When I lose all my weight I am going to buy a dress..weight watchers has the Red Dress...
Hey what color should we get for Ideal protein...
and guys can get shirts...
What do you think???

Congrats on your loss keep up the great job you are doing. I like black for a shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by df1960 View Post
Had my first weigh in this afternoon, down 5lbs, I thought it would be more for the first week..... but I'm happy with the 5, that's 5 less to go.
Congrats keep up the hard work you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Well today was WI #4. Down another 5lbs, which so far is 28lbs in 28 days. So far, I'm liking this. Just have to do this a day at a time to goal.

I like my coaches they've been very helpful. Today they proposed I might try the cleanse, which is just supplements. This is to see if it has any effect on my kidneys processing my uric acid for gout. I was under the impression it was with IP supplements. Has anyone heard of it?
Congrats keep up the great job you are doing.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #108  

I keep getting behind on the posts, I read up on today's though. Wonderful posts today! (as always)
Last night we had a unexpected adventure that ended up at our friends house at 8pm. I didn't have dinner, or my emergency pack since we were in the truck, and it's in my car. They had a breakfast casserole that had cheese, sausage, ham, croutons, cheese, eggs and milk. I was STARVING so I had 5 or 6 bites. I wanted to have more but my friend said NO!! He didn't want to be the reason if I "fell off the wagon" so that was nice to have that support. I don't know if that knocked me out of ketosis or not, but today I haven't felt any different. Last night after eating it though, I felt weird "gurgling" in my stomach so I won't want to eat that again! I didn't think I would be in this situation and I prepare for being in this situation but we left in the truck and I didn't think we'd be gone that long. I refuse to beat myself up over it though as I could easily get depressed about it and give up saying to myself, "I can't do this, what's the point?"
Well, I picked myself up- when I got home, had a salad, my RTD and vitamins, chugged water and today went back to normal. I will keep at it!!

Have a good evening all!
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #109  

Couts71 Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Awesome job for keeping up on your IP plan while during her hard times. Thank you so much for being so encouraging and supportive to every single person here, I really appreciate it!
Glad you don't have a "pillow belly" anymore! That's awesome!
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #110  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3678105

Here is the link for tomorrow's chat.

Have a great night.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-27-2011 at 02:32 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #111  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Last night we had a unexpected adventure that ended up at our friends house at 8pm. I didn't have dinner, or my emergency pack since we were in the truck, and it's in my car.
What a night. Or perhaps I should say nightmare. Please, don't even think, for a minute more, about quitting. You've done SO well.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

Smile Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Kale chips are easy. I make them two or three times a week. Because they shrink as they bake, I make a full bunch each time. Cut the end stems off the kale. Wash and dry the leaves thoroughly. Cut out the think middle rib, then cut the leaves into large, bite-sized pieces. Toss with 2 Tbsp. EVOO and your favorite spices. I usually use Greek seasoning or Mrs. Dash and salt. Place on cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, take them out of the oven and turn with a spatula. Place back in over for 5-10 minutes or until edges are brown and leaves are crisp. Enjoy!

Thank you for the recipe. I'm going to the grocery store today. Looking forward to trying them.
cyndee57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #113  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

OK.. Just trying to get caught up here!! Ya'll have been so busy!

If I miss anyone, and I may have to shorten this post, congratulations on all the NSVs. Feeling in control, fitting into new clothing, having better health (and dental health too) I read so many wonderful things! I am very happy for each of you!

For those who lost weight, Don't you feel GREAT!! I love when I have a weigh in that I DIDN'T anticipate (in the positive direction)! It leaves me feeling extra energetic for the day!

So again, apologies if I don't comment directly, I did read each post and truly love and value the comments and inspiration each gave to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
All my jeans do not fit anymore. I used to wear 42's, then I had a couple of pairs of 40's and was wearing those. Today put on 40's and they were LOOSE, my belt is on the last hole and needs another added!

My 5 yr old daughter now drinks water out of little water bottles with me and prefers this as her drink of choice. When we go somewhere she will ask to take one with her and reminds me to get mine. She has also started packing her breakfast for school like dad takes his lunch to work. She by no means needs to lose weight, I think just like mimicking dad. She is also starting to like the veggies I prepare for dinner.

Congratulations on the rapid change in size! It is so amazing how our bodies respond when we finally give what they need! Are you like us ladies, do you just feel amazed as you put on something you haven't been able to get in for sometime?

I love that this diet helps us retrain our families! So many others have made similar comments about their family. I think it is valuable and important. Just think of the great lessons your daughter is getting out of this. Hopefully she learns now how to keep her body healthy from watching you change yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
These were from yesterday but I just wanted to say a HUGEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU!!! YOu guys make me realize so many things and by reading this I know I can do better and I know that I need to learn so much and trust myself more and eventually it will come together!!!

I so wished we could do this all together other than virtually..kinda like The Biggest Loser...lol :P
I read this and got the BIGGEST SMILE! You are adorable! I agree it is more fun when you have people to do this with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
I am so close to goal that I can almost reach out and touch it! ...
You are doing so GREAT!! I can't wait to see you make goal! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Yes, Carla, I am dancing at least 3 nights a week, I'm doing 45-60 minutes on an elliptical on the days I don't dance and I'm working on setting up a strength training routine but I haven't started it yet. (It's my final project for my Conditioning and Training class.)

I sent an inquiry this morning to the one place listed in Iowa and I'll see what they come back with about the BOD POD testing.

YEAH!! I saw you were going to do that! I think it is important. It should help with having an idea of how much you need to eat and what it will take to lose or maintain. I think having that information is more important the more active we are.

I am glad you are back to dancing. I know you were trying to do some during phase 1 but, this sounds like something you love very much and enjoy participating in more than occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post

Showgirl... I loved reading your post. Congrats on being choosen to speak about IP, we know you will do great! After all, you are the IP Queen!

Yes, my Alexis also LOVES to chew on rocks, and eat the dirt out of my braided ficus that's in my livingroom *eyeroll* She hasn't ruined any of my sprinkler heads yet (not that I know of) but she keeps bringing pieces of speghetti tubing that is on the deck for wating all my rail baskets. Thank god hubby owns his owner sprinkler business...looks like he's gonna have work to do in the spring. Last summer she loved the choco baskets, by the end of summer, she had all the baskets chewed to bits. I sure hope she has out grown that.

I hope you all have a positive day!
Thanks!! Trust me I am not the IP Queen. I think that may have been Novak, maybe one day she will pop in and say hi! She ROCKED this program, did it right, and got amazing results that really lasted. I am just someone who reads, researches, and remembers. (I think I also like to talk )

I love the anecdotes about Alexis. I so understand. Levi chewed on the drip system a bit as a puppy and was done by the time he was 2. Chanel... OH CHANEL! She is crazy and hyper and nothing seems to phase her. She is more into my plants and loves plastic so, damage is a bit more. I keep trying to remind myself she is only 1 and still a puppy and it is all part of the territory for her. Fortunately, it is also all replaceable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
GOOD MORNING everyone! My weight has been "stuck" for several days since i had an off protocal day . but, all of your encouraging posts keep me going in the right direction. I just want to thank everyone for "being here", and for sharing your knowledge and encouragement. I don't think I could do this without you!
I am so glad you are still checking in and here with us too! It is ok if you stall. I know CRAZY! You will have some point where you lose more than you thought you would. Your body is making lots of adjustments on different levels and not all can be measured on a scale. Patience is a wonderful thing at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
My first weigh in was this morning.....drum roll please....

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! .. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!
You have every reason to be excited. It is a MAGNIFICENT weigh in! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
WOW CARLA -- all of this is so great and inspirational!!! Congratulations on the weight loss and on all the good things that are happening as a result - it is amazing how positive energy attracts more positive --I appreciate how you share more then just your weight loss as that is only one part of t journey--you remind me of this as I read your posts.
I concur with the others - you would make a great speaker on food/IP and your weight loss journey!!! You have a great "real person" very practical no nonsense approach which I suspect resonates with many.
Thank you! It is easy to be positive when the program works so well. It is nice to have that as momentum to move forward with.

I have been reading your posts too. Your are such a kind person and so considerate. Thank you for all the wonderful advice and motivation you are sharing.

Quote:
WI # 3 = another 3 pounds GONE!!! ..I am sooo confident that I went to my grandmas and went on a shopping spree! she has been keeping about 4 bins stuffed full of clothes that were too small but i wouldn't get rid of. I took about 3000$ worth of clothes home and I think I will fit them all in 2 weeks and probably being getting rid of my "fat clothes"!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I loved being able to slip backwards through my closet as I SHRUNK INTO my clothes! It is great you have things in your wardrobe/storage to be able to get back into. It will definitely save some cash as you get to the size you want to be.

Quote:

Carla - Wow i didn't know that about the sugar being created by my body. craziness! i'm gonna have to google it and find out more! congratulations on being an inspiration to everyone you meet in your life! that is an amazing gift that not many have and even fewer have the chance to share it the way you are going to and have already! thank you for all that you do and say!
Read about gluconeogenesis or ketosis and gluconeogenesis if you want to know more.

Basically we can't make protein from carbs but, our bodies have the ability to make fuel from all sources and to create fuel, we first make a form of a sugar. So, proteins, aminos, & fats are all able to be turned into some form of a sugar and some do become a glucose or a glycogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Quote Carla: I used it on some black cod I pan seared tonight. I served it with a lemon basil salsa and a spinach salad. The salt was a nice touch and change of pace."

Talk about yumm. Dinner sounds delicious.
Thanks! It was. Nothing to fancy but, a needed change in flavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Hi all !
Sorry to tell that I have to leave phase 1. It was working so good for me until.. I started to get very bad D after every meal (not with real food like Dinner ) and I got that so bad that I have had watery D couple weeks already and did not lost any weight anyway ???
I would like to ask what you my friends think if I'm going to try phase 3 with real food, no meal replacment, am I still able to lose weight ? I really need to lose 30 more lbs. Thanks in advance ♥
I'm sure now that for some reason I came sensitive for Whey protein
have you thought of trying to do a phase 1 using alternate products or a phase 2 using an alternate protein. There are many vegan and dairy free proteins on the market. For instance, you can get pea protein or chia protein. I would suggest going to a health food store and asking what they have that is dairy free. Maybe between that and a few of the IP (IP like) packets you could do a phase 1 or phase 2. Phase 2 might be easier if you only have limited protein supplement options as you would only need 2 a day. I wouldn't do phase 3. It is far too high in calories to get the same results and it is designed to force your body to make insulin in the morning so, the objective of that phase is opposite what you need to do to lose easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Just because I only got one answer yesterday (Thanks petiteandcute!) and I am really, very curious I am reposting what I asked yesterday on daily chat:

I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss? Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks!
Some coaches have provided that guideline for those who want to see more rapid loss, who are slow losers, or who are feeling stalled.

IMHO, it isn't necessary. Everything I have read says if you keep it under 30 total for 2 weeks you should be able to stay under 60 total and still be in ketosis. It is pretty solid that under 40 total carbs you will be in ketosis for all but a small group of people.

Some people NEED more carbs in their diet to be healthy. They process them better than others. If you are losing, and not just a tiny amount if you are significantly overweight, then the restricted items are likely not a problem for you.

Each of us is unique so a bit of "try it and see" comes into play with this plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
..My only concern is if it's messing with my thyroid meds. These past few days I've been getting more tired. I take 12mcg Cytomel in the am and 12 around noonish. I sometimes can skip the noon and be fine - but these past few days I've needed it and still have trouble staying alert. I can also tell when I'm off my meds b/c in the mornings I have an 'uncoordinated' feeling about my legs/arms when I first get up. It goes away if my levels are good - but have noticed it returning these past few days.

I go tomorrow for updated bloodwork - so will be curious to see how that is.

But a WIN for me is that my joints are feeling MUCH better. I've been able to walk down the stairs. Still hurts - but I'm not limping down them anymore.

Loving this!
I found my joints improved too! I was always achy. Not after about 3 weeks on the diet though!

I was hypothyroid when I started the diet. I was just being diagnosed and was not yet on meds. I found it interesting that by the time I was done with the diet, I was back to a very normal tsh and t3/t4 (free). In fact, today my tsh is at 1.12 when I was near a 4! I can only attribute that to the diet and to getting more iodine than I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hmmm, I stalled my weight loss on day 4. Yesterday was day 4 for me and I felt just awful, truly awful, physically exhausted and sort of ill. At one point my face got cold and clammy like I might pass out - I called my Dr. and she said to have some salt - which I haven't been doing because I have high blood pressure. But I dipped some celery stalks in salt and did feel better. But I went off program in several small ways. I didn't have any vanilla protein drink and used a bit of half and half in my (half cup) of decaf coffee. I irrationally and rabidly wolfed down a tin of sardines with my lunch salad. ...This morning is the first day since Saturday that I've not lost weight. ..
Even if you have high blood pressure, it is recommended you use some of the sea salt. If you are in ketosis and getting plenty of water, you will be urinating more and losing salt. The sea salt will help stabilize you. As you lose weight, you will find the BP can drop pretty quickly on this plan. Stay in close contact with your doctor as you many have to have medications changed. Some have had to do this as early as the end of week 2.

I am guess the stall in weight was to do with the type of sodium in the sardines. Packaged foods can make us retain water. If it wasn't packed in sea salt, processed salt is a chemical and has a slightly different reaction in our body. Drink more water today and you will see a loss again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Does anyone know if using a soy cheese is allowed for P1, if i find one with low or no carbs and no sugar?
I was told it is in small portions. I just substitute it for my 1oz milk.

Quote:
The other equally important part of this diet which doesn't get talked about too much in this forum is converting your body from an acidic state to an alkaline state and to rest the pancreas -- following the diet will help you with these goals - resting and resetting the pancreas will supposedly help in keeping the weight off as the pumping and insulin production is more efficient and effective. (you become less insulin resistant) Becoming an alkaline body rather then acidic body has benefits in the staving off of inflammatory issues and diseases such as cancer. (currently I work with scientist who are studying this and the results of acidic vs alkaline based diets is SHOCKING).
You are right! That part is the diet really is glossed over. We had a discussion about it on here last spring but, it really hasn't come up much since.

I find it interesting that you are working with scientist studying the impact. Is there anything you are able to share? I know from my reading going to far alkaline or acid is harmful to the body and can open it up to a variety of issues or disease but, being acid is worse for disease and more apparent in the short run too.

I have some pretty exciting news to share. My chiro office called me this morning to inform me that the next workshop is FEB 16th (weds) 2 days after my birthday, so I asked her to put me on the list. Here's my dealio. She told me that they can do the consultation that night after the workshop (yea!) which would work out really good, since I would like to start the plan on a Thursday or Friday (in case I feel ucky the first few days) I have the weekend, instead of being miserable at work. So with that said, if I started IP the following day after my workshop, I need to be ready with good veggies and proteins in the house. I have started a grocery shopping list for that first week on IP, so if anyone thinks of anything that I could add to the list, please feel free to tell me.

The thought of WF is kind of freaking me out... lol. Did I read somewhere what kind of vinegar we can use?

Best of luck to those who have WI's today and big pats on the back for those who are doing fantastic and not caving into your cravings.

I will be one of you guys very soon!!![/QUOTE]

I was told apple cider vinegar is best. I use Braggs unfiltered. I also use a natural rice vinegar with 0/0/0 for cal/fat/carb and an occasional red wine vinegar that is also 0/0/0. I must say the ACV is my go to item!

I would add kale, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, lots of lettuce, cucumber, mushroom, spinach, and zucchini. I found i could do many things with those. And you MUST try kale chips at least once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Does anyone else have thoughts like I have? I`m on day 14, and haven`t cheated once; I feel great, ect. But I catch myself thinking things like "when this is done I can eat those brownies, or I can`t wait to make that cake or just lots of things, really! Do you get to the point where you don`t care if you never eat desserts or potatoes or things like that again?? I don`t really have cravings and right now I don`t care TOO much that I can`t eat that stuff...I`m just really afraid that I`ll get done with the program and start thinking that I can eat all that stuff again! I love to cook and bake, and I`m afraid that will be a downfall. Anyone else have these same thoughts?!
I did that, every day! I finally kept a journal of "what I want to eat again". It helped me to not cheat by writing it down and knowing "ONE DAY" I could.

NO, you never get to the point you don't care. Even long term low carb dieters still want them but, they want a new thing, they don't crave the old desserts and treats exactly but, they must still want them but they tend to make up replacement recipes similar to old recipes.

To be successful you have to be willing to do as those people did, change your lifestyle, learn to make things LIKE what you liked before but, in a healthier fashion.

I no longer care for brownies (story told, won't do that to ya'll again!). I don't care for pizza anymore either ( it was my favorite comfort food). I still want them but, now, when I get the urge I almost simultaneously remember how I feel after eating it, that it tastes different to me, and I LOGICALLY know, that combination of food is not what my body can handle. It makes it very easy to pass up. I took 8 months of learning not to eat things. I also learned I LIVED well without them. I had nothing off the unrestricted foods lists, not even tomatoes for 6 months. So, I believe, if you are willing to look at this as a protocol for health and a program to change your lifestyle, believe it whole heartedly and follow it as if you do, YOU WILL find that you can make permanent change.

Quote:
I asked my coach about the blueberry-pom drinks as a daily, and he said it's fine, so I'm not sure...I compared the nutrition, and it looks similar to the puddings, am I missing something? I know someone said they were only to be used as a meal/snack three days a week, is there a reason? I think I'm going to use those 4 days and a restricted the other 3 as my snack.
They can only be used 3, maybe 4 days a week and not the same days as the jello. There are not enough aminos and it could effect your health and weight loss if done too often for too long.

Quote:

I can keep kale chips in a ziploc bag for at least 4-5 days still crisp -- the secret is to make sure they are very dry - remove them immediately from the pan you used to cook them in - lay them on a cooling rack until they are no longer warm - put them in the ziploc -- close the bag leaving it open about an inch -- normally they stay crisp - on day 2 I usually close the bag - hope this helps

I hope you don't mind, I added your tip (and credited you) to my post for the kale chips. I would hate to have a tip like that lost in the daily threads!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
Thank you to all who welcomed me with warm wishes. I go for my first WI tomorrow. It will be one day less than a week, but my coach thinks I will have lost 6 pounds. Tonight I made chicken stir fry with a lot of different veggies. I read in a post about throwing in the lettuce. That is what I did, and it was very good. I spiced it up with Chili Garlic paste and it was definitely full of flavor. I read somewhere about Kale Chips? Sounds interesting. Anyone know how to make them?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html

Here is a link to the recipe 2 thread. I am sure there are several posts on kale chips. My post on how to make them is post #17.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #114  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Weigh In 4 is in! 2.2 pounds this week and 7 inches from all over! I love love love it; I am just in Heaven! 2.2 pounds with hormonal craziness and water retention? YEAH! That's the high end of the spectrum for every other diet out there! A good friend came with me, and thank goodness, because Thing 1 and Thing 2 were along for the ride and are into everything now.

Do that happy dance! You earned it!

<---You, kicking those pounds' butts!!! Wow. That's awesome!

Congratulations! 20 minutes of walking is a GREAT way to start exercising. Your pup will LOVE it.

Ooooh. I want to do it. My closest center is five hours away, though. Let us know how it goes!

You may be surprised! I thought so, too, and was so nervous that I called my mom before I went in just to get it off my chest. Even if you are on a stall, you know your body is being repaired and it WILL move forward!

Great idea! I'm doing the exact opposite, allowing restricted packets a few days a week for now, and if I see a stall, cutting them out. I love your dedication!

I noticed in a picture how my face is thinner, too. Thank goodness! No more balloon! Great NSV with the joints! Keep on going, and soon you may not even be limping!

In my not-so-humble opinion, perfectly put! Thanks for always dishing out such good advice.

I have to agree with Rocky Monarch. I tested the waters a little and wound up with a gain in week 2. You kinda just have to suck it up, Princess (said with much love!) and really work the plan if you want the plan to really work for you.

I love your enthusiasm! After all my research, I asked my coach if I could do an individual workshop and initial consult, and he was happy to. I was ready. When you are, maybe ask. If you ask for what you want, you may be told no, but if you don't ask, you're telling yourself no.

I have to try these! Let me know how they keep. Also, our stats are remarkably similar. Be my buddy?

Awesome! Congrats on that first question, and prepare for MANY more!

That's awesome! I love the plan to stay home. Now you're ready and won't have to deal with all the critics because they already see it working!

I think the purpose of slowly phasing back to normal eating is to realize that occasionally, we can have these things, in moderation. We have to learn not to eat the entire PAN of brownies!

I believe in you, Cajun Queen!

Weird and awesome! Score!
Quote:
WELCOME -- this group has been a fantastic resource for me an a whole lot of support -- Congrats on looser jeans!!!!

You deserve to dance and dance and to know that you ROCK!!!!

AWESOME --isn't it amazing????!!!!! Congratulations to you

YAAAYYYYY for all the NSVs -- I too have those feelings where I think I look bigger then when I started and I weigh myself and I still feel bigger --it is weird and I have no idea why I feel that way. Just know you are not alone on this

I can keep kale chips in a ziploc bag for at least 4-5 days still crisp -- the secret is to make sure they are very dry - remove them immediately from the pan you used to cook them in - lay them on a cooling rack until they are no longer warm - put them in the ziploc -- close the bag leaving it open about an inch -- normally they stay crisp - on day 2 I usually close the bag - hope this helps

WAY TO GO -- that is a FANTASTIC first week --I bet everyone was in awe

How cool is that???? What a weird and wonderful NSV!!!

That is a NSV worthy of a shout out and celebration -- heartburn is AWFUL!!! Soooo thrilled for you

Thank you for this awesome post and for all of your awesome posts - I read and reread every single one of them - they are full of gems and great wisdom which is as important as loosing the weight itself - loosing one part and gaining another --thanks again!!!!

WAAHOOOOO - pounds and inches!!!!!!! - thanks for the pep talk and motivation - I have hope my WI tomorrow will go as well --I always get a kick out of reading what you have to say --That is an awesome loss - NEVER have I lost even close to 2 pounds in a week on ANY other diet - so 2.2 well that is a happy dance and a few cartwheels (if I could still do them)

Sooo funny - to keep it simpler you didn't tell him you lost weight --I do the same thing (just don't really want to get into it -- you would think after trying so hard we would want to shout it from the top of every tree and building) -- That is a happy and personal NSV!!!!

Clapping loudly for you...It is still a loss -- and 7 pounds to goal -- that must be an amazing feeling and an amazing feat!!!!! You will have to let us know how week 9 goes --I am always curious about these things!!! Congratulations on the weight loss, the discovery with your coach and your journey so far!!!!

LOVE your new Avatar -- you look great!!!! WAY TO GO on your weight loss -- 53 pounds in 14 weeks impressive and exciting -- It is so motivating and inspiring to see everyone loosing weight -- you are contributing to my inner "I can do this" dialogue - thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK.. Just trying to get caught up here!! Ya'll have been so busy!

If I miss anyone, and I may have to shorten this post, congratulations on all the NSVs. Feeling in control, fitting into new clothing, having better health (and dental health too) I read so many wonderful things! I am very happy for each of you!

For those who lost weight, Don't you feel GREAT!! I love when I have a weigh in that I DIDN'T anticipate (in the positive direction)! It leaves me feeling extra energetic for the day!

So again, apologies if I don't comment directly, I did read each post and truly love and value the comments and inspiration each gave to me.

Congratulations on the rapid change in size! It is so amazing how our bodies respond when we finally give what they need! Are you like us ladies, do you just feel amazed as you put on something you haven't been able to get in for sometime?

I love that this diet helps us retrain our families! So many others have made similar comments about their family. I think it is valuable and important. Just think of the great lessons your daughter is getting out of this. Hopefully she learns now how to keep her body healthy from watching you change yours!

I read this and got the BIGGEST SMILE! You are adorable! I agree it is more fun when you have people to do this with.

You are doing so GREAT!! I can't wait to see you make goal! Keep it up!

YEAH!! I saw you were going to do that! I think it is important. It should help with having an idea of how much you need to eat and what it will take to lose or maintain. I think having that information is more important the more active we are.

I am glad you are back to dancing. I know you were trying to do some during phase 1 but, this sounds like something you love very much and enjoy participating in more than occasionally.

Thanks!! Trust me I am not the IP Queen. I think that may have been Novak, maybe one day she will pop in and say hi! She ROCKED this program, did it right, and got amazing results that really lasted. I am just someone who reads, researches, and remembers. (I think I also like to talk )

I love the anecdotes about Alexis. I so understand. Levi chewed on the drip system a bit as a puppy and was done by the time he was 2. Chanel... OH CHANEL! She is crazy and hyper and nothing seems to phase her. She is more into my plants and loves plastic so, damage is a bit more. I keep trying to remind myself she is only 1 and still a puppy and it is all part of the territory for her. Fortunately, it is also all replaceable!

I am so glad you are still checking in and here with us too! It is ok if you stall. I know CRAZY! You will have some point where you lose more than you thought you would. Your body is making lots of adjustments on different levels and not all can be measured on a scale. Patience is a wonderful thing at this point.

You have every reason to be excited. It is a MAGNIFICENT weigh in! Congratulations!!

Thank you! It is easy to be positive when the program works so well. It is nice to have that as momentum to move forward with.

I have been reading your posts too. Your are such a kind person and so considerate. Thank you for all the wonderful advice and motivation you are sharing.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I loved being able to slip backwards through my closet as I SHRUNK INTO my clothes! It is great you have things in your wardrobe/storage to be able to get back into. It will definitely save some cash as you get to the size you want to be.

Read about gluconeogenesis or ketosis and gluconeogenesis if you want to know more.

Basically we can't make protein from carbs but, our bodies have the ability to make fuel from all sources and to create fuel, we first make a form of a sugar. So, proteins, aminos, & fats are all able to be turned into some form of a sugar and some do become a glucose or a glycogen.

Thanks! It was. Nothing to fancy but, a needed change in flavors.

have you thought of trying to do a phase 1 using alternate products or a phase 2 using an alternate protein. There are many vegan and dairy free proteins on the market. For instance, you can get pea protein or chia protein. I would suggest going to a health food store and asking what they have that is dairy free. Maybe between that and a few of the IP (IP like) packets you could do a phase 1 or phase 2. Phase 2 might be easier if you only have limited protein supplement options as you would only need 2 a day. I wouldn't do phase 3. It is far too high in calories to get the same results and it is designed to force your body to make insulin in the morning so, the objective of that phase is opposite what you need to do to lose easily.

Some coaches have provided that guideline for those who want to see more rapid loss, who are slow losers, or who are feeling stalled.

IMHO, it isn't necessary. Everything I have read says if you keep it under 30 total for 2 weeks you should be able to stay under 60 total and still be in ketosis. It is pretty solid that under 40 total carbs you will be in ketosis for all but a small group of people.

Some people NEED more carbs in their diet to be healthy. They process them better than others. If you are losing, and not just a tiny amount if you are significantly overweight, then the restricted items are likely not a problem for you.

Each of us is unique so a bit of "try it and see" comes into play with this plan.

I found my joints improved too! I was always achy. Not after about 3 weeks on the diet though!

I was hypothyroid when I started the diet. I was just being diagnosed and was not yet on meds. I found it interesting that by the time I was done with the diet, I was back to a very normal tsh and t3/t4 (free). In fact, today my tsh is at 1.12 when I was near a 4! I can only attribute that to the diet and to getting more iodine than I was.

Even if you have high blood pressure, it is recommended you use some of the sea salt. If you are in ketosis and getting plenty of water, you will be urinating more and losing salt. The sea salt will help stabilize you. As you lose weight, you will find the BP can drop pretty quickly on this plan. Stay in close contact with your doctor as you many have to have medications changed. Some have had to do this as early as the end of week 2.

I am guess the stall in weight was to do with the type of sodium in the sardines. Packaged foods can make us retain water. If it wasn't packed in sea salt, processed salt is a chemical and has a slightly different reaction in our body. Drink more water today and you will see a loss again soon.

I was told it is in small portions. I just substitute it for my 1oz milk.

You are right! That part is the diet really is glossed over. We had a discussion about it on here last spring but, it really hasn't come up much since.

I find it interesting that you are working with scientist studying the impact. Is there anything you are able to share? I know from my reading going to far alkaline or acid is harmful to the body and can open it up to a variety of issues or disease but, being acid is worse for disease and more apparent in the short run too.

I have some pretty exciting news to share. My chiro office called me this morning to inform me that the next workshop is FEB 16th (weds) 2 days after my birthday, so I asked her to put me on the list. Here's my dealio. She told me that they can do the consultation that night after the workshop (yea!) which would work out really good, since I would like to start the plan on a Thursday or Friday (in case I feel ucky the first few days) I have the weekend, instead of being miserable at work. So with that said, if I started IP the following day after my workshop, I need to be ready with good veggies and proteins in the house. I have started a grocery shopping list for that first week on IP, so if anyone thinks of anything that I could add to the list, please feel free to tell me.

The thought of WF is kind of freaking me out... lol. Did I read somewhere what kind of vinegar we can use?

Best of luck to those who have WI's today and big pats on the back for those who are doing fantastic and not caving into your cravings.

I will be one of you guys very soon!!!
I was told apple cider vinegar is best. I use Braggs unfiltered. I also use a natural rice vinegar with 0/0/0 for cal/fat/carb and an occasional red wine vinegar that is also 0/0/0. I must say the ACV is my go to item!

I would add kale, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, lots of lettuce, cucumber, mushroom, spinach, and zucchini. I found i could do many things with those. And you MUST try kale chips at least once!

I did that, every day! I finally kept a journal of "what I want to eat again". It helped me to not cheat by writing it down and knowing "ONE DAY" I could.

NO, you never get to the point you don't care. Even long term low carb dieters still want them but, they want a new thing, they don't crave the old desserts and treats exactly but, they must still want them but they tend to make up replacement recipes similar to old recipes.

To be successful you have to be willing to do as those people did, change your lifestyle, learn to make things LIKE what you liked before but, in a healthier fashion.

I no longer care for brownies (story told, won't do that to ya'll again!). I don't care for pizza anymore either ( it was my favorite comfort food). I still want them but, now, when I get the urge I almost simultaneously remember how I feel after eating it, that it tastes different to me, and I LOGICALLY know, that combination of food is not what my body can handle. It makes it very easy to pass up. I took 8 months of learning not to eat things. I also learned I LIVED well without them. I had nothing off the unrestricted foods lists, not even tomatoes for 6 months. So, I believe, if you are willing to look at this as a protocol for health and a program to change your lifestyle, believe it whole heartedly and follow it as if you do, YOU WILL find that you can make permanent change.

They can only be used 3, maybe 4 days a week and not the same days as the jello. There are not enough aminos and it could effect your health and weight loss if done too often for too long.

I hope you don't mind, I added your tip (and credited you) to my post for the kale chips. I would hate to have a tip like that lost in the daily threads!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html

Here is a link to the recipe 2 thread. I am sure there are several posts on kale chips. My post on how to make them is post #17.[/QUOTE]

Joliebug - I would love to be your buddy! Reach out!

Thank you for the tips on the Kale Chips. I sealed the page last night and they got funny so I tossed them. Now i know keep the ziplock bag open a couple of days. Thanks again
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #115  

HELP!

I started on IP the first of September, lost 34 pounds before Christmas and felt great. Over the holidays I just went off track, and my only goal was to not gain any weight until the holidays were over. I managed to maintain within a pound or two, but I just can't get back on now. I follow it perfectly all day and then eat terribly when I get home from work.

Ugh! My old bad habits. Although I haven't gained much weight, I feel crappy all day; bloated and fatigued. Plus, I don't think I can get control of myself. My so-called coach is NO help and never was. I taught myself everything by reading your blog and the literature from IP.

I wish I could go under anesthesia for 3 days until I get back into ketosis or something. ANY words of wisdom?? I only have 10 pounds to my goal and I can't stop getting in my own way. I hate it!! HELP!
michigandieter is offline   Reply With Quote