Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #16  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Weigh in #4 today! I am so nervous! I know I'm following the plan, but so scared that I won't lose anything. Silly, isn't it, how nervous we can get about being disappointed. Even if I don't lose pounds, I know I'll lose inches or my body will be adjusting and next week will be better! Still. So nervous. Ought to be interesting, since I'm bringing the kiddos with me! Maybe they'll sit quiet and still? HAHAHA. Ok. Time to quit procrastinating, get dressed, and head on out! I'll let you all know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I have a WI tomorrow and am excited for this. All my jeans do not fit anymore. I used to wear 42's, then I had a couple of pairs of 40's and was wearing those. Today put on 40's and they were LOOSE, my belt is on the last hole and needs another added!

Yesterday I had 3 people ask me what I was doing because they could notice a considerable difference. That felt great!

My 5 yr old daughter now drinks water out of little water bottles with me and prefers this as her drink of choice. When we go somewhere she will ask to take one with her and reminds me to get mine. She has also started packing her breakfast for school like dad takes his lunch to work. She by no means needs to lose weight, I think just like mimicking dad. She is also starting to like the veggies I prepare for dinner.

Dinners have been great at home and making them for all to like is a challenge but we are all doing great.

There are so many benefits to this program and they are all showing. Keep up the good work all!

Here is my motivation quote throughout my days......"Is that cookie (or non protocol food) worth $50 right now and slow/stop the roller coaster of results?" Not for me!
Way to go on the jeans/belt! I love that your daughter is learning healthy eating habits from you; my kids are doing the same. My son (6) constantly reminds me to drink my water and asks if ___ is on my food plan. My babies (almost 14 months) love veggies, especially zucchini and cauliflower. They really do learn everything by example, and I'm so happy we're teaching them better habits now.

LOVE the motivation quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!! I want to start by saying I am really proud of myself. I went out to eat for the first time since I started IP and I was really nervous but I was able to ask for the salad bar and some salmon patties instead of all the other good stuff that was on the menu. I went with 3 of my co-workers and they all picked some really good dishes but in the middle lunch I noticed they were the ones looking at how I was eating and feeling bad about eating all those fried things. At the end all of them were saying how full they felt and how they felt like they had gained almost 5 pounds from all the food they had eaten. Meanwhile I was not full but satisfied and proud of myself. I had resisted the cravings and behaved.
Well, today feels like it is going to be a good day. It is raining a lot outside but I am already at work. I am in TOM, and thanks to your advice yesterday I am not so worried about how much weight I loose this week.
I hope everyone has an amazing day!!!
That's awesome! Isn't it great to not feel so bloated after eating, but to know you're doing what's best for your body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I so wished we could do this all together other than virtually..kinda like The Biggest Loser...lol :P
Ha! Me, too. I'm all about an IP reunion this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you all have a very rewarding IP day today and hang in there for the results you are wanting. It is worth it! I am so close to goal that I can almost reach out and touch it! A few weeks ago I was bemoaning the fact that nothing was happening, I had stalled out with weight loss and wondering if I needed a break from IP. Now if I keep going for a few more weeks I will get the break I want with the results I want. Have I mentioned lately I love IP?
You're like the little engine that could! Way to keep "chugging along!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I'm taking my middle daughter out to lunch today so we can have some mommy time. I'm really looking forward to it, but for now, I need to get busy and write some papers!

Have a great day everyone!
Enjoy your time with your daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
I found this thread last night and I'm so happy I did. I have found great success stories and encouragement and now feel like I might have a support team that I can ask questions of, get recipes, etc. I started IP on Saturday, heard about it from a friend. I need to lose 20 pounds, but I've needed to do this for the past 6 years and just couldn't do it on my own. I'm on my 5th day and already feel lighter. Jeans are fitting a little better. I know I will be checking back here daily to see how everyone is doing. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!!
to our forum! You'll love it here. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask! Also, read everything! I learned the most from reading as many stickies and past threads as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
just wanted to pull this forward from yesterdays thread-

Hi all, nice to see all the good work! i have a question about diabetes and IP. my mom, aunt and grandma (yes, you read that correctly...lol) all want to get on protocol. I'm so freakin excited to have a close face to face group i can't stand it!!! BUT-my mom and aunt take diabetes meds. any advice? I told mom to check her blood regularly thru the day for awhile to make sure she isn't going to low. not sure what else... help please, comments, cautions, experiences, anything!
There is an alternate protocol for people with diabetes. I think it's outlined in the Phases sticky. It includes more fruits, I believe. Your coach should have the info readily available! It is also on the idealtogo.com website.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #17  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Another snowy day in NJ. Ugh! 54 days and counting until Spring! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I love the support that everyone shows for one another. My WI is Friday. I can not wait to see the scale.... bring it on!

Enjoy your day everyone.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Beachbella, my WI's are on fridays as well. WI4 for me this friday.

Great to read about all the NSV and weight losses. Keep up the great work everyone!
jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

GOOD MORNING everyone! My weight has been "stuck" for several days since i had an off protocal day . but, all of your encouraging posts keep me going in the right direction. I just want to thank everyone for "being here", and for sharing your knowledge and encouragement. I don't think I could do this without you!
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #20  

woo hoo! I finally got to add a weight loss ticker! (if i did it right...) Now i've just got to figure out how to do the little cheerleaders for each 5 lbs. For some reason those are so motivational to me.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm off like a hurd of turtles! LOL!

Headed to the city for some shopping and good company!

Check in with ya all on Sunday!

Have a great IP weekend!

Susan
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default today is way better

Good morning to all of you!!

Today is way better then yesterday, I want to thank everybody who supported me because of my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. and really i'm happy for them, (made 2 years i'm not longer with my ex, we were together for 5 years) and I just wish the best for them, it will be a little weird to see them together, but it's fine with me.. anyways funny story, but I didn't cheat yesterday.. and after 2 days without me on a scale, I lost 2 pounds this morning..

I'm soooo happy, but everytime I go on this scale I remember myself that if I don't lose anything it's fine (because in my head I don't think it's possible for me to lose weight, silly enh!) But everytime i'm surprise.

I have to confess I did a dance in my bedroom this morning when I found out for those 2 pounds!!!! I was so excited!

Anyways have a good IP day to everyone!!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

My first weigh in was this morning.....drum roll please....

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought the scale was off. I even asked em to reweigh me. I even screwed up the protocol mulitple times by eating a restricted item every day (actually two on one day where I screwed up) one day I missed a pack completely and only had two. Forgot to take my salt for two days, took my vitamins before bed because I forgot to take em with dinner on two days..not to mention the accidental knife licking after makin a pb+j for my daughter. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post

I lost 12 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!!!!!!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought the scale was off. I even asked em to reweigh me. I even screwed up the protocol mulitple times by eating a restricted item every day (actually two on one day where I screwed up) one day I missed a pack completely and only had two. Forgot to take my salt for two days, took my vitamins before bed because I forgot to take em with dinner on two days..not to mention the accidental knife licking after makin a pb+j for my daughter. I am ECSTATIC! I am much more attentive to what goes in my mouth. Last night I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and bawl. Today...I AM STOKED!
WAY TO GO! I'm happy for you! I had an accidental knife licking too--- totally involuntary! LOL! glad i'm not the only one
Old 01-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #25  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

WOW, WOW!!! That is amazing. Great job!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #26  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

SO, my news!! I did my weigh in this morning (forgot to measure so, I'll do that in the morning). One week down and..... 6.5 pounds too!! I am happy with that. I was much more controlled with my eating than in the past so, I expect to have less useless fluid. I am just so happy to be do this as well as I did last time. I feel like I am in control, can say no, I am not having cravings and I feel good.

I was actually asked if I would consider speaking at one of the upcoming classes to share my experience, how I learned to eat, and what I have been learning about changing my ways with food. ME??? It was very flattering.

I liked that the nutritional coach (masters and phd's in nutrition and sports science) made it clear that you have to LEARN what diet is right for you and then stick to it. He also made clear it may not be easy but it is worth it. He shared a quote from Hippocrates, "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health." -Hippocrates I found it to be appropriate to our situation. He also pointed out that we are each unique and we must find the right combination for our body. Some of use will do well with red meats and others fish, some more protein while others need a bit less, and, yes, carbs are supposed to low overall but some people need and can tolerate more than others. HOWEVER, when you find out what isn't working (by physical indication usually) get rid of it, don't go back. He said to listen to our bodies. If we swell or bloat after eating processed food,flour, dairy, eggs, etc. THINK.. our body is trying to reject it or can't process it. If we keep forcing it to do what it can't tolerate, we make ourselves unhealthy. I thought "I RELATE! I react very poorly still to flours, some grains, sugars." I think those things may never be back in my diet. I LOVE feeling good and not feeling swollen when I eat them.
WOW CARLA -- all of this is so great and inspirational!!! Congratulations on the weight loss and on all the good things that are happening as a result - it is amazing how positive energy attracts more positive --I appreciate how you share more then just your weight loss as that is only one part of t journey--you remind me of this as I read your posts.
I concur with the others - you would make a great speaker on food/IP and your weight loss journey!!! You have a great "real person" very practical no nonsense approach which I suspect resonates with many.
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Today is a much better day! This proves to me that pushing through the cravings and the bad days are soooo worth it, cause it probably ends up being 1 day instead of however many days it would take to get my body back on track.
Yesterday 1 of the MAJOR things that was said that kept me going was the question as to wether or not that "item" was worth 50$ and the time it could take to recover from it. thank you so much for that! i am a single mom so every penny counts and to think that the 85$ i spent on IP that week would be for nothing...well let's just see i didn't even look at the candy the rest of the day.
WI # 3 = another 3 pounds GONE!!! AND turns out they did their math wrong and that first week I got rid of 5.6 not 4.6 like I had thought. So that was like an additional hooray. So 11.6 in 3 weeks. I am officially a pound less than i was when i did HCG. The lowest I have gotten on the at home scale since being sober was 2 years ago when i got to 139 for a day. It took me 3 months of doing "slim for life" to get there from 158. And i think I will get there EASY in 2 months! I am sooo confident that I went to my grandmas and went on a shopping spree! she has been keeping about 4 bins stuffed full of clothes that were too small but i wouldn't get rid of. I took about 3000$ worth of clothes home and I think I will fit them all in 2 weeks and probably being getting rid of my "fat clothes"!!
This week im supposed to get my TOM so the 3 pound loss is even more satisfying! Might be why I have been having more cravings too...idk.
I bought the protein packets that have less carbs in them for this week: vanilla pudding, peach and mango drink, and the blueberry cranberry drink. I was afraid I may not like them but they are pretty good. just hope they keep me as full as the higher carb ones.
i ALSO think i am going to start exercising. my coach said to just take an extra protein packet before i do my exercise and to just start slow. I have a 6.5 month old rottweiler at home that i think would LOVE to take me on a walk everyday when i get home for 20 min. so i'm gonna start there. I also asked about the restricted packets and she said they are adviced to not give them out till phase 3 in most cases. but if i have a stall from exercise she said we can try adding in a few of those a week and see if that is what i need.
I am EXCITED and feel reinvigorated for IP!! LOVE IT!!!
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Quote:

WOWIE!! this is AWESOME!!! congratulations for doing so well and acknowledging and learning how to do even better this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
I found this thread last night and I'm so happy I did. I have found great success stories and encouragement and now feel like I might have a support team that I can ask questions of, get recipes, etc. I started IP on Saturday, heard about it from a friend. I need to lose 20 pounds, but I've needed to do this for the past 6 years and just couldn't do it on my own. I'm on my 5th day and already feel lighter. Jeans are fitting a little better. I know I will be checking back here daily to see how everyone is doing. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!!
this forum has been the best part of my day since i found it and i swear at least 70% of how i have been able to do so well with IP. Glad you are here! Congrats on feeling lighter and good luck for your first WI coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!! I want to start by saying I am really proud of myself. I went out to eat for the first time since I started IP and I was really nervous but I was able to ask for the salad bar and some salmon patties instead of all the other good stuff that was on the menu. I went with 3 of my co-workers and they all picked some really good dishes but in the middle lunch I noticed they were the ones looking at how I was eating and feeling bad about eating all those fried things. At the end all of them were saying how full they felt and how they felt like they had gained almost 5 pounds from all the food they had eaten. Meanwhile I was not full but satisfied and proud of myself. I had resisted the cravings and behaved.
Well, today feels like it is going to be a good day. It is raining a lot outside but I am already at work. I am in TOM, and thanks to your advice yesterday I am not so worried about how much weight I loose this week.
I hope everyone has an amazing day!!!
This is an AMAZING NSV!!! It gives me hope and strength to know that eating out can still be a part of life and that when all is said and done the gratification is HUGE! CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Hope all have a successful day today! So many great WI and NSV's in the past few days threads. Congratulations to all.

I have a WI tomorrow and am excited for this. All my jeans do not fit anymore. I used to wear 42's, then I had a couple of pairs of 40's and was wearing those. Today put on 40's and they were LOOSE, my belt is on the last hole and needs another added!

Yesterday I had 3 people ask me what I was doing because they could notice a considerable difference. That felt great!

My 5 yr old daughter now drinks water out of little water bottles with me and prefers this as her drink of choice. When we go somewhere she will ask to take one with her and reminds me to get mine. She has also started packing her breakfast for school like dad takes his lunch to work. She by no means needs to lose weight, I think just like mimicking dad. She is also starting to like the veggies I prepare for dinner.

Dinners have been great at home and making them for all to like is a challenge but we are all doing great.

There are so many benefits to this program and they are all showing. Keep up the good work all!

Here is my motivation quote throughout my days......"Is that cookie (or non protocol food) worth $50 right now and slow/stop the roller coaster of results?" Not for me!
I love the story about your daughter. It is great to hear you are teaching her healthy habits. I love when family helps keep us accountable in a healthy way! and thank you for your motivational quote. You said this yesterday and it was EXACTLY what my penny pinching self needed to hear!!!

Carla - Wow i didn't know that about the sugar being created by my body. craziness! i'm gonna have to google it and find out more! congratulations on being an inspiration to everyone you meet in your life! that is an amazing gift that not many have and even fewer have the chance to share it the way you are going to and have already! thank you for all that you do and say!

Sherry - you are so supportive and helpful and you haven't even started physically yet! love that you are diving in head first! thank you! I can't wait to hear how well you do when you finally get to start!

Last edited by amber2beme; 01-26-2011 at 11:09 AM.
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #29  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:

Oh my goodness I read that about K and it almost brought a tear to my eye. How cute that she unknowingly is helping keep you motivated by making sure you have your water and wants to be like her dad!

What veggies have you made lately, I just made some zucchini and squash and realized I don't like the squash that much, but needed some variety from my reg broc and caul.?

Also, thanks for the poker info. We had a blast last night! I'm definately going to do it again.
tbf410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #30  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I just had to share... this morning I sent an inquiry off to UNI where they have the BOD POD machine and I received such a quick response that I have an appointment to have it done Monday morning. Our location charges $30 for the first test and then $20 for follow up testing. I think that is really worth it to me because it will give me a true vision of where I'm at in body fat. They also have the water tank if I want to do that as well, but I didn't inquire about the cost for it.

I know I must be crazy to be anxious to have someone measure my body fat, but hey, it's got to be better now that it was 86 pounds ago!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote