3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 25 January 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223565-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-25-january-2011-a.html)

showgirlaz 01-25-2011 01:26 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 24, 2011

Lilly0618 01-25-2011 07:57 AM

Well, I am very disappointed today. I am still stuck at 155. My TOM is getting closer , I don't know if that's what it is. :?: I just don't want to get stuck. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for my WI#4 and see if I have lost some inches. I want to keep loosing weight!!

ambydawn84 01-25-2011 08:09 AM

Well I have WI # 3 tonight. Although I have not been getting on the scale too much at my home anymore I did get on last night and have dropped 5 lbs! Hopefully my official WI is just as good! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Coqui 01-25-2011 08:10 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Thank you Pegsi and I'm svelting for your adviced last night. I'm very happy with my weight at this point. My coach is just concerned about the weight gain on phase 4. She says I'm at the higher end in weight for my height and age so I shouldn't go up or my BMI will not be normal. To me it's a bit silly, so I'm taking your advice. I will finish Phase 2 this week and move on to Phase 3 regardless. I believe the reason for my cheat yesterday was due to poor sleep all weekend and frustration. I have this feeling that having the big breakfast will help ease afternoon cravings.

JudoGirl 01-25-2011 08:40 AM

Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...
I should've come out of the dressing room singing..
But its like I was scared when I put those size 12 pants on...
I've been very successful and am doing what I need and doing it all right
and I hit this wall of oh my goodness..and I just want to cry again...
Help!!! Its like I'm afraid of failure..but I'm not failing...
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...

Medicmom734 01-25-2011 09:01 AM

Well, I have discovered my exact sensitivity. I have stuck strong for 3 weeks now, and was at 152.8
Yesterday, my friend gave me a "bite" of her cookie, I had a "bite" of Ethan's timbit, and then lost all control and ate an extra restricted last night, and didn't do my regular exercise.
Besides that, and a busy day that I forgot my noon veggies, my weight this morning was 154.1
It's ok, I know its just water weight. You don't gain 2 pounds of fat over night, but it was just neat to see, the relatively small variance in my day and the reaction I had.
My GF that I have been doing this diet with, just went away to Mexico for 2 weeks, ate whatever she wanted, and drank a tremendous amount of alcohol and only gained 4 pounds! Her tolerance is better! LOL! If I had done this, I'm sure it would have been 10! HA HAH A HA!
Hope everyone has a great day! Today, will be a strict Phase 1 for me, then back to Phase 2 tomorrow, as I am travelling.

SJackson 01-25-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88
Have you checked your Blood Pressure? It could be a little lower than you are used to. I had dizziness for a long time, and the doc who is the head of the program suggested this.
In my case my BP was going down, and now I am being weaned off medication. Can't wait to see if I can get off it altogether!

Thanks Crystal - I think it may be my blood pressure meds. I was doing more research on the web and I think it may need to be adjusted. I got a little scared today I was at a store and bent down to see something and then got up and almost fell over the dizziness was the worst I had so I said ok enough calling the doctor. I have an appt on Friday to discuss what is going on.

I bet you are right in regards to the low pressure and meds. I am on a high dosage right now and I guess the 20lb loss is throwing the meds off.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Beachbella!!!

Just an FYI. I was also on blood pressure medicine. My doctor cut the dose in half and I took that for a week and then he took me off completely. I bought a blood pressure kit so that I can keep track of it myself and update him as needed. If you don't have one, you should invest in one. I bought mine at Sams Club for $60. Well worth the investment. When I started tracking it, it was 104-106/73-75, that's when he took me off completely.

Good morning to everyone!!!!!

SJackson 01-25-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudoGirl (Post 3674073)
Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...

Like you, I'm afraid the weight will come back. I'm hesitant to get rid of my "fat clothes". I put on a size 10 this past weekend and that really gave me the mental boost I needed!!! But, I've also discovered that when I've cheated, I was able to get myself back on track. I couldn't have done that before IP. I have my WI today and I'm a little nervous. Now I'm not telling anyone to cheat, because the way my stomach and body reacted, it wasn't worth it!!!!

You're doing awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work. You will not fail!!! :hug:

Marionm 01-25-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL:dizzy:

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?

tbf410 01-25-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3672523)
I hope everyone had wonderful weekend and ready to start a new week.

I wanted to ask a question to the group and it is probably answered somewhere on here, but thought I would get some fresh opinions.

Is there a protein drink powder equivalent to the IP products available elsewhere?

Can the 3 main suppliments from IP be purchased under a common brand elsewhere?

Anyone found these items?

There is a great thread about alternative products in the stickies that does a compare and contrast about the different products. Mom just bought some from Lindora (I think it's that one) because doc was out of the chocolate drink and that is dad's favorite. It was about half the price for 7 packets. They've also found 2 of the 3 supplements in Wichita for half the price as what you pay at your doctor's office. They checked the labels to make sure they matched 100%. If you are looking for alternatives, talk to mom about it as she's got more information. Hope this helps!

Jess

juiceman11 01-25-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbf410 (Post 3674219)
There is a great thread about alternative products in the stickies that does a compare and contrast about the different products. Mom just bought some from Lindora (I think it's that one) because doc was out of the chocolate drink and that is dad's favorite. It was about half the price for 7 packets. They've also found 2 of the 3 supplements in Wichita for half the price as what you pay at your doctor's office. They checked the labels to make sure they matched 100%. If you are looking for alternatives, talk to mom about it as she's got more information. Hope this helps!

Jess

Thanks. I will give a shout to your mom. Was just looking for ways to cut the cost down a bit. Hope you are doing well. I have also started going through the Sticky thread about this, there is just so much information in there.

kaarin 01-25-2011 10:03 AM

Good morning everyone!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coqui (Post 3674032)
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Thank you Pegsi and I'm svelting for your adviced last night. I'm very happy with my weight at this point. My coach is just concerned about the weight gain on phase 4. She says I'm at the higher end in weight for my height and age so I shouldn't go up or my BMI will not be normal. To me it's a bit silly, so I'm taking your advice. I will finish Phase 2 this week and move on to Phase 3 regardless. I believe the reason for my cheat yesterday was due to poor sleep all weekend and frustration. I have this feeling that having the big breakfast will help ease afternoon cravings.

Coqui, I was just at my doctor's last week and asked how important being within your healthy BMI range was. I asked because I'm still not quite sure where I want to end up. My goal is 160, but for healthy BMI I should be around 145, and I can't quite imagine that! Anyhow, he told me that the BMI range is just ONE measure. He said we will watch where my sugar and cholesteral levels are, and blood pressure. Very important, how I feel once I get to 160. Then I'll decide if more needs to come off.
All I'm saying is don't let the BMI range (or your coach) dictate what you do.

Quote:

Sometimes being an emotional female really sucks doesn't it? :) That fear of failure lurking can be terrible. But just take a quiet moment to reflect on everything you've accomplished. Picture yourself in the future at your goal weight wearing all the smaller clothes, feeling happy and healthy. I'm a big believer in visualization - it works! Put those size 12s on and go out and get some compliments! That'll make you feel better I'm sure. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3674175)
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL:dizzy:

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

Marion, you've done so well. I was just looking at your progress pics again and you look fabulous! In my humble opinion this is a personal journey and different for everyone. If you've been able to lose 1.6 lbs a week while off IP, I think that is fabulous!!! The beauty of it is that if you find yourself stalling, or reverting back to old habits (heaven forbid) you can always come back. And this site will be here to support you. Good luck on your decision. :goodluck:

I have my WI tonight after work. According to my scale I'm only down about 1.5 lbs this week, but that's because I fell off the wagon a bit last Friday night. I also haven't been on my treadmill for a week or so because my good ol' arthritic hip has been acting up again (weather related I think). But, I've been on protocol since Friday and was on my treadmill this morning, so back on track towards my Mexico goal. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

kjw83 01-25-2011 10:06 AM

I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!

Marionm 01-25-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjw83 (Post 3674260)
I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!

As far as the freezing... I think it's like forever! Sorry that's not better news. I've gotten a little better with more fat in my diet, but I am cold much more now that I ever was.

And soya sauce is just Japanese for soy sauce that has become more trendy to use but sometimes that description is used to indicate a more pure soy without wheat added to it. But don't assume that because it says soya that it doesn't have wheat or even sugar added. Tamari is another version that more often than not does not have wheat in it. That being said, if you are used to kikoman's soy sauce these others may seem stronger tasting so use sparingly. (Can you tell I lived in Japan? ;))

Coqui 01-25-2011 10:27 AM

Kaarin thanks for your comment. I also think that BMI is just one measure and according to many health experts it's not the best one to determine if you are overweight. They argue that body fat % is more accurate. If I go by that number I'm in the normal range.

Marionm posted earlier today some interesting points about keeping the weight off. While my coach is concerned that I will gain weight, I'm not.I know it's not going to be all the pounds I lost. I am confident that I have the tools to maintain a healthy weight when I phase out. That is why I made the decision to go on phase 3 next week. Besides I am increasing my workout routine, to tone up. I need that breakfast in the morning.

rhondalynny 01-25-2011 10:46 AM

Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!

Marionm 01-25-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3674255)
Good morning everyone!!!
Marion, you've done so well. I was just looking at your progress pics again and you look fabulous! In my humble opinion this is a personal journey and different for everyone. If you've been able to lose 1.6 lbs a week while off IP, I think that is fabulous!!! The beauty of it is that if you find yourself stalling, or reverting back to old habits (heaven forbid) you can always come back. And this site will be here to support you. Good luck on your decision. :goodluck:

You are right. I think I'm just having one of those days of uncertainty... not about the changes and success, but rather if I am letting myself off the hook by not doing the full plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coqui (Post 3674308)
Kaarin

Marionm posted earlier today some interesting points about keeping the weight off. While my coach is concerned that I will gain weight, I'm not.I know it's not going to be all the pounds I lost. I am confident that I have the tools to maintain a healthy weight when I phase out. That is why I made the decision to go on phase 3 next week. Besides I am increasing my workout routine, to tone up. I need that breakfast in the morning.

I don't think I'm worried about not keeping the weight off anymore. As I said above, I think I wonder if I should be doing more to make it happen faster...:( Of course, as I typed that I hear words that sound disordered. I suspect it is just one of those days for me but hopefully the hair cut and color will put some order to my thoughts.

CheekyWit 01-25-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

First off -- Congratulations on your new size -- that is a really big accomplishment!!!!! Don't cry:hug: I know exactly how you feel - I know how to be me at the size I am, and how to navigate my world - changing shape and size is kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend (perhaps not a healthy friend- but a friend none-the-less) - after all my old body got me this far and helped me achieve some pretty incredible things - the new body...I don't know her well yet and it is scary. That fear of what happens if I gain it all back, how do I make friends with the new me, what if.....(and the list goes on and on). I am so far from where I want to be so I am not one to give advice except to say - embrace this new you - love her and let her take you on a new journey and new adventures and keep room in your heart for the old you because she was good to you too. When you are so used to be something and then that changes it is scary and I know sometimes I feel like I cannot live up to the new me. I am a new mom and I think this often - I was given this blessing of a child and I feel like what if I fail at this gift I have been given and what if I cannot live up to what it means to be a mom - or a size 12, 20,8, 4 whatever it is--I try(and for me it is a true try) to delight in and embrace the gift - my thoughts of failure are always future thoughts and past regrets - but the moment I am in right now is where I try to focus and to truly live with everything I have all senses firing -- that is what I am working on to change my inner dialogue. You have not failed, nor will you fail there is no such thing when you are on a constant moving journey. I am sending you lots of good vibes and happy in the moment thoughts -- you have earned your success and those itty bitty tiny little thoughts of failure.

amber2beme 01-25-2011 11:13 AM

Happy Tuesday! I weigh in tonight and THANK GOD! that dang candy is STILL on the filing cabinet. Seems like there is so much. What is rather disturbing is that I know that if I wasn't doing IP the candy would have been gone yesterday...if not Friday. Guess that just goes to show how normal people consume sugar and that well I'm not normal.
I have also been struggling the last couple days cause apparently I have imparted a very bad habit on my daughter and she has taken to making cookie dough and just eating it. OMG i used to buy 2 rolls, one to bake and one to eat. She is lucky she has my sister's body frame and is so thin. Although, junior high is when i started buying candy for lunch instead of spending my money on actual food cause they sold candy in a little store on campus. So let's hope this isn't the beginning of a terrible terrible thing for her.
I don't know why on day 22 i am sooooo craving carbs and sugar again! what is up with that???? i haven't cheated at all so i would think the cravings would be gone. i have even gone over to the cabinet and picked up the candy looked at it and then just put it back. so glad i weigh in tonight, i just
keep telling myself that. I wont throw in the towel the day of a weigh in!!!

Congratulations to everyone on all your successes!!! It is seeing your posts and well finally wearing my pants without a muffin top that I am white knuckling it today!!

Medicmom734 01-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondalynny (Post 3674347)
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!

Congratulations! Good Work!:carrot:

kcjohn 01-25-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coqui (Post 3674032)
Happy Tuesday everyone!

I agree. I didn't want to give advice because I felt there are people who probably know better who've been on the different phases. I'd do exactly that and finish phase 2 and move on to phase 3. You can work out more if you like and your weight seems perfectly fine. Congratulations on your weightloss!

SJackson 01-25-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3674175)

If you're healthy, if you feel good and if you are still losing, I would say you are on the right track and keep doing what you're doing.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 11:36 AM

Hi Amber & everyone else :wave:

I just love reading everyone's posts, so inspiring!

Amber, I'm sure your doing great! WOW... to even pickup candy, and
then put it down without sneaking is impressive. :) now, I have not started IP yet, but from all that I've read, could you be out of Ketosis and that's why your craving? Heck, what do I know, just thought I think out loud here. Wishing you all the best with your WI tonight!

amber2beme 01-25-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3674457)
Hi Amber & everyone else :wave:

I just love reading everyone's posts, so inspiring!

Amber, I'm sure your doing great! WOW... to even pickup candy, and
then put it down without sneaking is impressive. :) now, I have not started IP yet, but from all that I've read, could you be out of Ketosis and that's why your craving? Heck, what do I know, just thought I think out loud here. Wishing you all the best with your WI tonight!

I have wondered that, but if the carbs in the unrestricted packets and the carbs in the everyday allowable vegetables are accumulating to a high enough number that i am out of ketosis there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

deetz 01-25-2011 11:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been doing IP since Sept and have lost 65lbs so far.....I had come cheats around christmas and ever since.....HELP lol I cant seem to get back into the swing of things.....on top of things I have started to have issues with hair loss and maintaining adequate fluid intake resulting in dizziness....I need some motivation!

Joliebug82 01-25-2011 11:41 AM

Clothes and Style

So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

Anyone else have this issue?

soccerdixie 01-25-2011 11:45 AM

Tuesday!!!

Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3674467)
I have wondered that, but if the carbs in the unrestricted packets and the carbs in the everyday allowable vegetables are accumulating to a high enough number that i am out of ketosis there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Well well hmmmm...... Maybe it was you touching that candy that knocked ya out of Ketosis... lol. I'm kidding.. :)

I'm sure someone here can help you, but can't other things knock you off of ketosis? Hmmmm... I don't know if TOM has anything to do with it, maybe not drinking all your water or eating all your veggies? Thoughts anyone?

Hang tight Amber, you'll get thru this!

annieann77 01-25-2011 12:00 PM

NSV for me today!!! I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!!! Size 9!!! :o My son will be 3 in June, it's nice to be back in my skinny jeans! (they are still a tad tight but next week they will be perfect!!)

Congrats to everyone else on their weigh in's!!

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3674484)
Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.

Hi Scoccer!

I think one of these smart gals & gents around here would probably tell you, so stay off the scale. :) Sounds like your making this harder on yourself then what it needs to be. Imagine if you only weighed yourself once a week at WI or even if you jumped on the scale once during the week, because you just "had to know." Stay focused and go hid your scale for a few days. We know you can do this!! Best of luck!

reinergirl 01-25-2011 12:06 PM

Hello Everybody!
My first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I am soooo scared. This last week has really NOT been easy. Did I do it right? I don't have a food scale so have been approximating meat size until I get one. My coach said they don't follow not eating the restricted foods for several weeks due to too many people getting bored with lack of choices. I have been having one a day! She also said no exercise for at least two weeks then start walking. Forgot my salt for two days. Forgot my vitamins at dinner so took em before going to bed. Am I obsessing? I actually forgot and licked the knife that I had made my daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....shoulda seen me spitting in the sink and wooshing water in my mouth straight from the faucet to rinse it out. Please, please let this work.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reinergirl (Post 3674531)
Hello Everybody!
My first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I am soooo scared. This last week has really NOT been easy. Did I do it right? I don't have a food scale so have been approximating meat size until I get one. My coach said they don't follow not eating the restricted foods for several weeks due to too many people getting bored with lack of choices. I have been having one a day! She also said no exercise for at least two weeks then start walking. Forgot my salt for two days. Forgot my vitamins at dinner so took em before going to bed. Am I obsessing? I actually forgot and licked the knife that I had made my daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....shoulda seen me spitting in the sink and wooshing water in my mouth straight from the faucet to rinse it out. Please, please let this work.

Ya know... this is just cute!

I'm sure you will be pleasently surprised at your WI. I personally wouldn't worry to much about your week, it's hard to break old habits (licking the knife) and remembering all the new stuff that you need to do (salt intake and vitamins) Start fresh tomorrow, maybe leave your vitamins and salt out where you can see them at all times and put a sticky on the cabinet above your head that says "no knife licking" lol!

Best of luck on your weight in!

CheekyWit 01-25-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosinthemirror (Post 3671881)
So excited! WI 4 and another 4 pounds gone for good!!! My hubby even commented this morning that I was looking good! Wow, that never happens without a little prompting! Onward to another week! Oh yeah, I also broke into the 200's! I know we all can't wait for onederland, but right now I am thrilled to be in twosville! :D

Congratulations!!!:cp: So many positives - weight loss, twosville AND a compliment from your husband --how exciting!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliebug82 (Post 3672039)

Did some more shopping yesterday and accidentally bought a rutabaga instead of a turnip. Dang. I love my turnip fries. Oh well, there's 69c. I'll never see again!

Hanging out at the house today with the twins, reading book after book (they prefer books to toys, which I LOVE...English teacher by trade here!), and loving the new Petite XL pants my mom bought me...that are almost too big! From a plus size 2X in 3 1/2 weeks! Yeah, buddy! :cloud9:

Good luck on your weigh ins today! If the mood strikes to graze/cheat...DON'T!!!

New pants new attitude -- I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Way to go -- I cannot wait to see the sizes in my pants go down -- my gosh darn waist -- you keep me laughing and motivated -- thanks:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 (Post 3672097)
I went to my niece's birthday party last night, the big 9 years old. I had no problem staying away from the giant cookie that was frosted up like a cake. I did wish I could taste the peppermint ice cream though. My sister-in-law made a turkey dinner with all of the fixings. My favorite! I had turkey and she was nice enough to make cauliflower for me along with some cucumber slices. The only thing I had a brief thought about trying was the stuffing (another favorite of mine). I did break protocol by 1: not weighing 5 oz o turkey (I guestimated about 5 oz from my chicken portions the past several days) and 2: I used about 2 TBSP (1 oz) of half/half and 2 splendas for my coffee. She didn't have any skim milk, only whole milk. Should have used that instead, but all in all for day 9 on IP I think I did ok with everything that was around. I didn't have any cravings for the beer or hard liquor that was being poured around in the beginning hours preceding the party, of which I usually partake. Hoping WI #2 on Thursday shows my hard work at staying on track. That's been my only hiccup on the plan thus far!

That is a serious NSV -- turkey dinner...my favorite and stuffing ... not sure how you did it but WAY TO GO!!!!! (I might need to borrow some of your will power :) since we have lots and lots of family birthdays in February

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3672102)
I normally dread mondays but today is a good day i hit my target weight loss for the week!!!! A little upset that I gave into temptation during the football game but today is Monday and a new day to get back on track. Congrats to everyone who hit their goals!!!:carrot:

17 more lbs. to go!!:p

YIPEEEEE -- that must feel soo good to say-- 17 more pounds to go. :cheer2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3672322)
Monday huh? Hmmmm....after this weekend I wasn't ready to come back to work! So....wedding dress shopping.....
I was a solid 14 (don't know how that translates in wedding speak), but we ordered a 12 in the dress I liked because there was no more room to suck the corset up in the back! Yeah! Now I have serious motivation to lose this last 20 some lbs! Wooohoooo! I am posting pics soon, they will be in my progress photos.

2nd NSV- I tried on some jeans (which made my butt look awesome!) and they were 31s!!!!! NICE! My bestie was laughing because she had originally handed me 33s.

Overall a great weekend...and I stayed on protocol....just shorted myself H2O I'm sure!

How exciting -- nothing like a wedding dress to continue to motivate and a size 31 on top of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS -- I cannot wait to see your new progress pics :yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 (Post 3672558)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!! WI#3 for me this morning... lost 2lbs so that is a total of 11.2 lbs in 3 weeks!! My inches are still coming off high, especially around my high waist area, so I am happy about that.
:

WAHOOOOOOO:) weight lost, inches lost -- very very exciting (especially inches around the waist - those are like the golden NSVs ):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3672793)
This mornign was my first weigh in.. I was very apprehensive to say the least. I started IP on Jan 15 and have stayed strick with the protocol.. Well.... I stepped on the scale and was elated to learn I have lost 10 lbs.. I was even more happy after my coach measured me.. I lost 14 inches!!! What a wonderful day!!
:carrot:

Isn't it amazing???!!!! --Congratulations on such an AWESOME first week!!!!:cp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesley (Post 3673005)
Haha! I already enjoy reading your posts! You're going to fit in very well here! ;)

Sooooooo.....I jumped on the Wii today and I am down 30.6lbs since November 3rd 2010. (Official weigh in tomorrow)
Had to give myself a pat on the back for that one. :D

That is about how much my 2 year old weighs! Now everytime I complain how heavy she is when I carry her around, I can remember that that is how much weight I no longer carry around everyday!!!!

PERFECT NSV with a real life every day reminder -- I am laughing :lol:about you carrying around your toddler -- I too carry around my baby every day and think how heavy she is and then it occurs to me that I have almost lost as much as she weighs -- makes it sort of hard to believe -- CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawndragon (Post 3673041)
Happy Happy! Back from WI#7 and another three pounds!! Yipee, first 21 pounds are gone!! Went shopping after my WI and got all my veggies and stuff.
This is my second week being on the regular protocol. First month was on the Altnernative Protocol so I was losing a little slower. So far so good. I just love IP!! Have a great week everyone. Hope springs eternal.....

YIPPPEEEE - that is impressive and very motivational!!!:cheer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcswain (Post 3673071)
Happy NSV: With this week's WI I went from "obese" to just "overweight". I know its not much, but I had to share -- you don't know how long I have been wanting this scale to move downward!

WAY-TO-GO!!!! A very worthy celebration (I did the same thing last week) it is kind of a funny thing to be celebrating but it was a big victory for me and worthy of an IP appropriate celebration:congrat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjw83 (Post 3673107)
Had my 2nd WI today, down 3 pounds, and lost 3 inches! Yippee!! I got some new food to try, so I`m kindof excited to eat tonite :) My food is getting kindof boring...time to check out the recipes again!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It is fun to keep trying, mixing it up and to know in all this culinary creativity you can still lose weight -- it is like Art and PE in the same day :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyonIP (Post 3673202)
Hi all, I've been so busy this last weekend and today. Haven't been able to catch up on everyone's posts, hopefully I'll be able to do that tonight. (Darn too much energy side effect! ;))
I had TOM this week and had my WI, I lost 5 pounds!! I couldn't believe it! 14 weeks and 54 pounds down. Yesterday I bought a pair of work out pants in size small!! I never thought I would have been able to do that. Have a great evening everyone.

Send some of that energy my way (just kidding) YAHOOOOO on such a great weight loss with TOM - you have no idea how much hope this gives me. Amazing how much weight you have lost in such a relatively short period of time -- it must feel sooooo good!!! I am motivated by your energy and weight loss - thanks for sharing both:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3673263)
NSV- Well all, i don't know if this is a NSV or not, but i had to stuff my bra today.... looked at myself when i got to work and a bunch of wrinkles in my shirt..... had on a scarf so i tried to cover the girls up but it just didn't work out. several wads of toilet paper later and we were pretty as a picture! lol! wouldn't you know it i must have lost 5lbs in each one of em! oh well....bye bye.. i can live with out em! :lol:

HILARIOUS!!!!!! That is a great NSV and one I hope to share with you one day -- I used to tell my friends I could loose 15 pounds by just removing my breasts and I will still have more then they did (ha, ha, ha)--

tbf410 01-25-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetz (Post 3674469)
Hello everyone,

I've been doing IP since Sept and have lost 65lbs so far.....I had come cheats around christmas and ever since.....HELP lol I cant seem to get back into the swing of things.....on top of things I have started to have issues with hair loss and maintaining adequate fluid intake resulting in dizziness....I need some motivation!

I'm right there with you. I started in September also and have had problems since Christmas as well. After my breakdown at my weigh in when I knew things wouldn't go well and I was so concerned with being a disappointment to my family who is also on protocol my coach told me a few things:
1. While he understands being disappointed, I need to be disappointed for me, not for them. At first I thought I am for me and then realized I wasn't. I had to make the decision to go back.
2. If I wanted to I could phase off, perhaps this is the weight I need to be for a while. I thought about that and then I thought if I phase off now I'll never come back. I'm halfway to where I want to be. I've got about 65 more pounds to go. So by May I'm hoping to be there.
3. I got the phone numbers of some people that are also on program so I can call them if need be. While having my family support me is important and I KNOW they understand, it's nice to have someone there to help me out or to at least know I have someone to call that isn't my family so I get over the disappointed issues.

With that in mind I've re-committed and according to my home scales I'm down 3.5 pounds. Now I just need my roommate to get the freaking cake and cookies out of the house!

So deetz, just remember, you are doing this for you and you've already done so well (65!) you can get there. That's what I keep telling myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliebug82 (Post 3674476)
So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

I'm right there with you. I've never been able to shop in a store that wasn't Lane Bryant or DressBarn Plus or Fashion Bug plus so I have no idea 1. where to shop 2. if it will really look good on me 3. where I'm going to get the money I need to finally get a new wardrobe so I don't have dumpy butt at the end. It scares the daylights out of me. It's exciting to get new jeans or pants or even tops now that are a size smaller, but they are still in the bigger sections (started at size 22 currently 14-16). If you figure out how to handle it, let me know!

Quote:

Hello Everybody!

I think the first week is the worst because you've not had a weigh-in to help see the results. I made mistakes and felt like I was calling my mom everyday with questions since she had started this 3 months before me. After this weigh-in it will be real becaue you WILL see a loss and slowly you'll get used to it. Remember when you have questions if you don't have a buddy you can call you can ALWAYS ask anyone on here. They are great at answering quesitons.

DinobowerRN 01-25-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Hello Everybody!

I feel your pain!! My first WI is tonight after work. I haven't cheated once bit this weekend I sooooooo wanted to. I kinda know how drug addicts feel now. I hope that someday eating a piece of licorice will be ok once in a while. That 'once in while' being the key. I too want this to work, I have tried so many in the past that have not. :( Good luck tomorrow!!

Marionm 01-25-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetz (Post 3674469)
Hello everyone,

Pull out those before pictures and take a look at them... see where you are now...

I do find it harder to stay hydrated with our colder weather. We get water in the 5 gallon bottles and the dispenser either chills it or heats it. I've taken to adding some hot water to make the cold water more tepid so I can drink more. Also watch your salt intake, increasing that a bit seems to have helped me.

Quote:

Isn't this crazy? I want to know who is going to refer us all to "What Not to Wear"! I figure after all the weight we have lost we could sure use it! The last time I was this size I was in my 20's and I'm 44 so I can't very well go back to wearing what I did then. While I'm still losing and particularly because I'm right in the transition between big woman sizes and regular sizes, I'm keeping it really simple... jeans, nice t-shirts, and sweaters. The fitted tops really show off curves and I kind of like that. In the meantime, I've spent some time looking at fashion websites trying to see what I like and what I don't.

A key to remember is that it's not you, it's just clothes and they either fit or they don't. If they don't give you a look you like, just move one.

Maybe a trip shopping with some honest girlfriends to tell you what looks good on you and what doesn't might be helpful.... pick someone who's style you like.

Quote:

Hello Everybody!

I agree this is cute! :) You'll do fine. The fact that you notice those minute things says that you've been very attentive to what you are doing. That will set you up for success. Change is never easy, but when it's a positive change it is really worth it!

Joliebug82 01-25-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3674499)
Well well hmmmm...... Maybe it was you touching that candy that knocked ya out of Ketosis... lol. I'm kidding.. :)

I'm sure someone here can help you, but can't other things knock you off of ketosis? Hmmmm... I don't know if TOM has anything to do with it, maybe not drinking all your water or eating all your veggies? Thoughts anyone?

Hang tight Amber, you'll get thru this!

Don't worry about ketosis. If you're following the plan, it will work. You may have a stall. Up your water. But you're just dealing now with a mental thing. It's hard to have allowed yourself ___ for so many years and now just say no all of a sudden. Then it's still there. You want it. It tastes good. You're just crazy, like the rest of us. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3674484)
Hi Everyone......

Maybe tomorrow will be better! I threw out my scale and only weigh on the days I go to the gym or on weigh-in day. It drives me mad, but otherwise I'd fall off the wagon. Some people don't lose anything for a week, two, a month! You're losing inches. Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by annieann77 (Post 3674512)
NSV for me today!!! I am back in my pre-pregnancy jeans!!! Size 9!!! :o My son will be 3 in June, it's nice to be back in my skinny jeans! (they are still a tad tight but next week they will be perfect!!)

Congrats to everyone else on their weigh in's!!

Woo-freaking-hoo! That's awesome!

Quote:

Hello Everybody!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3674552)
Ya know... this is just cute!

I'm sure you will be pleasently surprised at your WI. I personally wouldn't worry to much about your week, it's hard to break old habits (licking the knife) and remembering all the new stuff that you need to do (salt intake and vitamins) Start fresh tomorrow, maybe leave your vitamins and salt out where you can see them at all times and put a sticky on the cabinet above your head that says "no knife licking" lol!

Best of luck on your weight in!

DITTO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbf410 (Post 3674576)
I'm right there with you. I started in September also and have had problems since Christmas as well. After my breakdown at my weigh in when I knew things wouldn't go well and I was so concerned with being a disappointment to my family who is also on protocol my coach told me a few things:
1. While he understands being disappointed, I need to be disappointed for me, not for them. At first I thought I am for me and then realized I wasn't. I had to make the decision to go back.
2. If I wanted to I could phase off, perhaps this is the weight I need to be for a while. I thought about that and then I thought if I phase off now I'll never come back. I'm halfway to where I want to be. I've got about 65 more pounds to go. So by May I'm hoping to be there.
3. I got the phone numbers of some people that are also on program so I can call them if need be. While having my family support me is important and I KNOW they understand, it's nice to have someone there to help me out or to at least know I have someone to call that isn't my family so I get over the disappointed issues.

I'm right there with you. I've never been able to shop in a store that wasn't Lane Bryant or DressBarn Plus or Fashion Bug plus so I have no idea 1. where to shop 2. if it will really look good on me 3. where I'm going to get the money I need to finally get a new wardrobe so I don't have dumpy butt at the end. It scares the daylights out of me. It's exciting to get new jeans or pants or even tops now that are a size smaller, but they are still in the bigger sections (started at size 22 currently 14-16). If you figure out how to handle it, let me know!

I deal with worrying about disappointing my family, too, but that's not my final motivator. My bag-o-lard on my tummy is, lol! Really, your coach is right. You have to do it for you, otherwise you will sneak-eat when nobody is around if you're just worried about disappointing your folks. Welcome back 100%!

sunnymae 01-25-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Yep!!!! I"m hearin' ya. My old s**t and old trusty thoughts started up with me at the Mall too! Now, I"m just grabbing stuff I never thought I would even think of wearing, like heaven forbid, a winter knit dress with knee high boots for the deep winter instead of the jeans and layers and layers of hide the body oversize sweats and vests over it. You know the drill!
What I love about this forum, is that we've got all these amazing people to bounce stuff off of, so we don't get stuck in our own thinking. I know for myself, my thoughts can be my own worst enemy. Check out the Jan. 2011 issue of Lucky mag. There's an awesome spread on dressing with all kinds of great tips on body type and putting great outfits together. Gave me tons of ideas for my frame.
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! I know you'll find some knockout outfits. Make sure you try something totally outside your comfort zone that your eyes just catch on the rack, just for kicks and giggles and maybe a big surprise!!!:cheer2:

Joliebug82 01-25-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinobowerRN (Post 3674591)
I feel your pain!! My first WI is tonight after work. I haven't cheated once bit this weekend I sooooooo wanted to. I kinda know how drug addicts feel now. I hope that someday eating a piece of licorice will be ok once in a while. That 'once in while' being the key. I too want this to work, I have tried so many in the past that have not. :( Good luck tomorrow!!

Congrats on detoxing! And good luck tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3674602)
Isn't this crazy? I want to know who is going to refer us all to "What Not to Wear"! I figure after all the weight we have lost we could sure use it! The last time I was this size I was in my 20's and I'm 44 so I can't very well go back to wearing what I did then. While I'm still losing and particularly because I'm right in the transition between big woman sizes and regular sizes, I'm keeping it really simple... jeans, nice t-shirts, and sweaters. The fitted tops really show off curves and I kind of like that. In the meantime, I've spent some time looking at fashion websites trying to see what I like and what I don't.

A key to remember is that it's not you, it's just clothes and they either fit or they don't. If they don't give you a look you like, just move one.

Maybe a trip shopping with some honest girlfriends to tell you what looks good on you and what doesn't might be helpful.... pick someone who's style you like.

Thanks! Right after I wrote that I got on chat with my two best friends (we've been friends since grade school) and while our styles aren't much alike, we know each other better than we know ourselves. They told me that I'm Ann Taylor and Limited. One of them is Express and Forever XXI, and the other is Gap and American Eagle. We are planning to go shopping with (FOR) each other in about a month.

CutieEli 01-25-2011 12:44 PM

Hi everyone!!!

First off all, I am SOOO glad to see the weight losses and the smaller pants sizes!! That is great guys!!! :D

Me on the other hand, well I am in TOM and I feel like I am blowing out of proportion!!! I usually gain about 3lbs during those couple of days but I am scared that it might not just be water...and the bloading makes me feel like I am pregnant :(
The reason why I think the +3bs won't just be water is because...
I CAN'T STOP CHEATING!!!!!!!!!! :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress:
It is getting ridiculous...I do good the whole day and whenever I get a 2-3 minutes alone in the kitchen...uh ho..I go and eat whatever I can!! I don't feel good afterwards I yell at myself ( well in my head there..LOL) but I still do it...
I need to lose just freakin 6 lbs to be in the 100's and I know I can do it, but it seems as though I let my body decide what I want and I can't get control over it... :( I need help :( :( :?: