Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss? Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #107  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Awesome Job Dino!! I feel like IP is the thing to do in Casper right now. Aren't you glad we're part of the club?!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #108  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I have a question for you guys. I am on my 5th day now and have been seeing some interesting information on here. First of all, people who are staying between 20-25 carbs per day? Is that necessary? I haven't been under 25 carbs on any of my days this week.

I am also curious about the restricted packets. My coach has given me the restricted packets from the very beginning. Is this ok? Will that hamper my weight loss? Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks!
I have followed the protocol and have not counted the carbs. I don't know which is better to count the carbs or not. My coach gave me 1 restricted packet daily from the beginning. Some days I chose to eat all unrestricted packets. This may not be much help.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #109  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
AMAZING weight loss - I had to comment on your pictures-- sounds like you need to post some more!!!! Congratulations on your success!!! Your positive attitude, like your weight loss - is super motivating to me --Thanks!!!
Thank you for the compliment I just like to support everybody with their successes it is my way of paying it forward. I am totally amazed with IP and what it has done for me and everybody else.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #110  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondalynny View Post
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!
Congrats keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
2 week WI and down another 3 lbs! total at 8.2. Very excited!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ok here are my first WI results......drum roll please..............-9 pounds, 2.25 inches off my chest and 2.5 inches off my waist!!! Hips, arms and thighs didn't budge! Oh well I am feeling more motivated and feeling great!! Thanks everybody!! You ALL ROCK!!!!
That is awesome Dino party like a IP Rockstar!!!!! Congrats and keep up the great work.

Quote:
I am a little disappointed after WI #3 today. I only lost 1.9lbs and 1 inch I have been following the instructions very closely and this week just didn't show the results that I was hoping for. My coach said that weeks 3-5 are usually not as big of a drop because your body almost goes into a freak out mode and then takes another huge drop. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyways, I guess that tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week. Hopefully it will go better!
Don't you dare be disappointed with that number. That is a awesome number because it is a loss and not a gain. You keep up the great job you are doing and don't get down you are doing awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
SO, my news!! I did my weigh in this morning (forgot to measure so, I'll do that in the morning). One week down and..... 6.5 pounds too!! I am happy with that. I was much more controlled with my eating than in the past so, I expect to have less useless fluid. I am just so happy to be do this as well as I did last time. I feel like I am in control, can say no, I am not having cravings and I feel good.
That's AWESOME !!!!! Congrats on the loss Carla keep up the great work. I think that is great that they asked you to speak at an up coming class you have so much knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambydawn84 View Post
I had WI #3 tonight and I am down 5.2 lbs!!!! That's a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks! I can not believe it, I love IP!!!!!!!!!! I also love getting on here and reading all the info you all have! It has made these last 3 weeks a breeze! Wishing everyone a wonderful night!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #111  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Well, I am very disappointed today. I am still stuck at 155. My TOM is getting closer , I don't know if that's what it is. I just don't want to get stuck. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for my WI#4 and see if I have lost some inches. I want to keep loosing weight!!
I found that the more I worried about the number the harder it was to get there. If you know it is TOM, ease up and avoid the scale. AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE DIET, YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. It may not be today, you may wait for some change to happen with your body, but, you will get the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...
I should've come out of the dressing room singing..
But its like I was scared when I put those size 12 pants on...
I've been very successful and am doing what I need and doing it all right
and I hit this wall of oh my goodness..and I just want to cry again...
Help!!! Its like I'm afraid of failure..but I'm not failing...

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...
I can relate. I was scared. I was and occasionally still am afraid as I try on a pair of pants or top smaller than I've been. I think it should work but, I am afraid of being let down if I try and they don't work. There is so much emotions and baggage that is with me in that dressing room. It is getting better the more sizes I have changed and the more dressing room I've been in. We are so use to failing on other diets and not seeing the change in size. It is so scary it could happen again and so overwhelming that it isn't.

I am so happy for you to be seeing success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Well, I have discovered my exact sensitivity. I have stuck strong for 3 weeks now, and was at 152.8
Yesterday, my friend gave me a "bite" of her cookie, I had a "bite" of Ethan's timbit, and then lost all control and ate an extra restricted last night, and didn't do my regular exercise.
Besides that, and a busy day that I forgot my noon veggies, my weight this morning was 154.1
It's ok, I know its just water weight. You don't gain 2 pounds of fat over night, but it was just neat to see, the relatively small variance in my day and the reaction I had.
My GF that I have been doing this diet with, just went away to Mexico for 2 weeks, ate whatever she wanted, and drank a tremendous amount of alcohol and only gained 4 pounds! Her tolerance is better! LOL! If I had done this, I'm sure it would have been 10! HA HAH A HA!
Hope everyone has a great day! Today, will be a strict Phase 1 for me, then back to Phase 2 tomorrow, as I am travelling.
I am like you. I just don't tolerate those things well. I will go up several pounds over night. It is annoying in some respects, I just want to have what I want to have but, I am grateful to be able to know, be aware of, and avoid in the future.

It will definitely work in your benefit to realize what things effect you like that and avoid them or space them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?
Am I remembering this correctly, you are back to dancing quite regularly? I am sure your added activity with better eating principles is helping you continue in your weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!
I was cold every day I was in ketosis and about 4 months beyond that. I am on day 8 and I am cold all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondalynny View Post
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOO HOOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I don't know why on day 22 i am sooooo craving carbs and sugar again! what is up with that???? i haven't cheated at all so i would think the cravings would be gone. i have even gone over to the cabinet and picked up the candy looked at it and then just put it back. so glad i weigh in tonight, i just
keep telling myself that. I wont throw in the towel the day of a weigh in!!!

Congratulations to everyone on all your successes!!! It is seeing your posts and well finally wearing my pants without a muffin top that I am white knuckling it today!!
When you are somewhere around week 3 or 4 your body makes an adjustment and starts to create its own sugars. Many people report a carb craving at that point. Try having an extra packet of pudding or drink on those days while you adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been doing IP since Sept and have lost 65lbs so far.....I had come cheats around christmas and ever since.....HELP lol I cant seem to get back into the swing of things.....on top of things I have started to have issues with hair loss and maintaining adequate fluid intake resulting in dizziness....I need some motivation!
It is really hard when you get sidetracked. Don't approach it as picking up something old if it isn't working for you. Set a new commitment for yourself, you have to be committed or you won't have what you need to get through the day. Once you have yourself committed to "right now" and Let go of the holiday mishap and lapse in behaviors, go back to your program as if today was the first day you ever knew about the diet. Don't listen to all the work arounds we talk about on here. YES, you can get away with things but, you don't have to and you aren't suppose to SO, forget you know about them.

The program says 1oz of skim milk, no alcohol, no other dairy, no nuts or butters, no fruit. Just follow the program like you don't know of any other options or ways. Have the mental strength to do like you did before and you will lose more of what you want to.

Good luck! I know you can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

Anyone else have this issue?
I did that. I spent so much time "obese" and staring at those stores but, telling myself that won't work for me. When I was able to shop there, I had begun to believe the denial I was in and didn't know it would work. I also hadn't allowed myself to consider it so, I was lost for a bit.

I decided, just because something fits is no longer a reason to buy it. Before I bought what worked and looked nice that I liked well enough. I didn't have many choices sometimes.

NOW, I won't by it unless it is AWESOME. There are so many options and I don't have to wear things I don't love. They must fit, I must love them, and I must feel good in them. I have a definite style, it is pretty obvious and, it keeps developing as I get closer to my permanent size.

You will find the same thing. It is an adjustment to get going but, once you do, it becomes so much fun.

Like someone else said, make use of consignment shops and goodwill and ebay. LOTS of great options and reasonably priced for as long as you will be in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdixie View Post
Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.
You have probably heard this enough but, stop relying on the scale. It is only one of the many ways we have to measure ourselves and it isn't an accurate enough measure. It is only good at that moment under those exact circumstances. We can vary anywhere from 1 to 8 pounds in one day depending on so many different things. To worry about staying the same is not reasonable unless you stay the same for more than 3 weeks. Keep working the protocol you're doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I have wondered that, but if the carbs in the unrestricted packets and the carbs in the everyday allowable vegetables are accumulating to a high enough number that i am out of ketosis there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!
I don't think this is your problem. You are really trying to watch everything. I think your body is starting to make sugars and you are not getting enough protein. It will also set off cravings. Add an extra packet or protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well I just called the the chiropactic place that I will be using for my IP.

There IP meeting will either be Feb 16 or 23, they will call me when they schedule it, so that's my plan
Yeah!! That is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Oh brother. You love vinegar. And now Goodwill. Move over, Carla.

And to you and everyone else. I'm trying to catch up, again, because the puppy chewed through the DSL cord and I've been too busy to replace it until several hours ago. I DID answer some of you on the Monday-still-open thread. It was just, I guess, a day late and a dollar short. And it's actually Wednesday here, now, 1:24 am. You can't say I'm not somewhat devoted.
LOL ... Oh, Linden!! I do see several things that DiveGirl and I share a common ground.

You are so good to us! Thanks for keeping in touch, we really miss your input.

Just a side note, I was at whole foods today and as I read through the salt selections I found Hawaiian red gold salt (with all minerals). I decided to give it a try. YUMM!! I like the flavor. As you said, there is a type of sweetness to it. I used it on some black cod I pan seared tonight. I served it with a lemon basil salsa and a spinach salad. The salt was a nice touch and change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hii

LMAO!!! This is funny!

Couldn't ya really live without the puppy chewing stage? My brand new cherry wood bedroom furniture has chew marks on every single corner, some day I'll laugh about it and think..... Awwww look how cute! But that day still hasn't arrived. You do get a A+ for dedication
I don't have puppy chewed furniture (the cats claimed all that territory) but, I do have a slightly damaged drip system and landscape in my backyard. This puppy like to chew bark and rocks. Silly Girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ok here are my first WI results......drum roll please..............-9 pounds, 2.25 inches off my chest and 2.5 inches off my waist!!! Hips, arms and thighs didn't budge! Oh well I am feeling more motivated and feeling great!! Thanks everybody!! You ALL ROCK!!!!
GREAT!!! That is a beautiful weigh in!

Quote:
I am a little disappointed after WI #3 today. I only lost 1.9lbs and 1 inch I have been following the instructions very closely and this week just didn't show the results that I was hoping for. My coach said that weeks 3-5 are usually not as big of a drop because your body almost goes into a freak out mode and then takes another huge drop. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyways, I guess that tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week. Hopefully it will go better!
It can happen. It is very common for a week 4 adjustment. Don't worry stay on track and thing will level out in the next week or so. It really is just a normal adjustment window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Today is my first day in a while of 100% IP w/ no cheats. It's been so hard trying to get back to business! Why oh why am I a sugar/carb lover? I could live on dessert and breads......... Maybe I need to visualize reaching my goal in my bikini on the beach. lol. Spring break is around the corner. YIKES!!

YEAH!! That is awesome. Keep at it and before you know it you'll be counting the weeks not the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambydawn84 View Post
I had WI #3 tonight and I am down 5.2 lbs!!!! That's a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks! I can not believe it, I love IP!!!!!!!!!! I also love getting on here and reading all the info you all have! It has made these last 3 weeks a breeze! Wishing everyone a wonderful night!
Congratulations! 5 pounds a week is exciting!!

Quote:
Congratulations on the great start to weight loss again!

You would make an awesome speaker for them! I did a program of this nature three years ago and unfortunately, it was run by a trainer who thinks whole grains are the be all and end all. I got a good workout though!

I'm kind of jealous that you got to be tested using the bod pod. I'd love to do that and see where I'm really at. I haven't looked into seeing if anyone has one around here, but I'm guessing it would be rather pricey.
Awww, Thanks! They asked and all I could think was "really?? What can I say that applies here." I am in such an IP mentality! I am really flattered though.

The bod pod was so much easier than the dunk test I did. It is just sitting in a nice dry, quiet space for about 5 min and not moving. I would do it again for sure. I am not sure of the cost or where they have them. The program I am doing had this factored in. Here is a link to the company's home page. You can click on the link on the lower right to find a location.

http://www.bodpod.com
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #112  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3676010

Here is the link for the Wednesday daily chat.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:33 AM   #113  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?
Wow.....I could have written this....(minus being on my lifetime eating for 6 weeks and down 11 pounds...just 1 1/2 weeks and down 2 pounds) I miss the super fast weight loss, but I am so proud that I am eating so well and losing and getting some great exercise in. I get depressed when I think that it will take me 4-5 months to lose 25 pounds when it took me 4 months to lose 58, but I am so proud that IP taught me such great self control.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Yep!!!! I"m hearin' ya. My old s**t and old trusty thoughts started up with me at the Mall too! Now, I"m just grabbing stuff I never thought I would even think of wearing, like heaven forbid, a winter knit dress with knee high boots for the deep winter instead of the jeans and layers and layers of hide the body oversize sweats and vests over it. You know the drill!
What I love about this forum, is that we've got all these amazing people to bounce stuff off of, so we don't get stuck in our own thinking. I know for myself, my thoughts can be my own worst enemy. Check out the Jan. 2011 issue of Lucky mag. There's an awesome spread on dressing with all kinds of great tips on body type and putting great outfits together. Gave me tons of ideas for my frame.
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! I know you'll find some knockout outfits. Make sure you try something totally outside your comfort zone that your eyes just catch on the rack, just for kicks and giggles and maybe a big surprise!!!

this is very good advice. Case in point... before xmas , I walked into Le Chateau for the first time since i was in my 20's.......... found some of those long sweaters that are clingy and sit about mid thigh, to go over my 'jeggings' which i ALSO never imagined I would EVER wear... and my knee high boots. omggggggggg it all fit, and so I tried more tops... the sales woman happily kept sending things over the door to me, especially when I whispered to her that I just lost 50 lbs and have NO idea what to wear anymore... I have to tell you ...the thrill of wearing something you always loved but NEVER DARED to try of before... is freaking amazing... what a confidence booster... so YOU GO GIRL
Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #115  

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me?? I was thinking about my husband going on the alternative phase one protocol...anyone know where I can find the information on this?? Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

There are nine sticky topics at the top. Below is the link to the one you need.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 01-27-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #117  

closed
Closed Thread