Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #46  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Well I just called the the chiropactic place that I will be using for my IP.

There IP meeting will either be Feb 16 or 23, they will call me when they schedule it, so that's my plan
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #47  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm right there with you. I started in September also and have had problems since Christmas as well. After my breakdown at my weigh in when I knew things wouldn't go well and I was so concerned with being a disappointment to my family who is also on protocol my coach told me a few things:
1. While he understands being disappointed, I need to be disappointed for me, not for them. At first I thought I am for me and then realized I wasn't. I had to make the decision to go back.
2. If I wanted to I could phase off, perhaps this is the weight I need to be for a while. I thought about that and then I thought if I phase off now I'll never come back. I'm halfway to where I want to be. I've got about 65 more pounds to go. So by May I'm hoping to be there.
3. I got the phone numbers of some people that are also on program so I can call them if need be. While having my family support me is important and I KNOW they understand, it's nice to have someone there to help me out or to at least know I have someone to call that isn't my family so I get over the disappointed issues.

With that in mind I've re-committed and according to my home scales I'm down 3.5 pounds. Now I just need my roommate to get the freaking cake and cookies out of the house!
Make sure you are only doing this for yourself and your health. Focus on that and you will do great. I am happy to hear you have re-committed and want to continue. We are all here to support you and help you in anyway we can. You are a strong individual and will get to your goal. I am happy that you have other people to talk with when you have issues and do not want to talk to family about them. I hope that helps.

As far as getting your house free of all "bad" foods, that might be tough. If your roomate is understanding maybe it will happen. You know our house has not been cleaned of the "bad" food. 3 kids, no way that is going to happen. I look at it this way everytime I see something I would like to eat that is not on protocol......."Is that cookie (i.e. anything off protocol) worth $50? Heck no its NOT!" Those foods will still be there after goals are met and we have learned how to pair them or eat in moderation. I look at it in terms of money and keeps me on track, plus seeing results helps so much. I weigh 3 times a day for crying out loud and I am a guy....LOL! I might focus on it too much, but it is great when I see the scale move.

We can do this! You can do this! Good luck. You should come for dinner, I have made some great dinners so far. Yum Yum! Take care! Awesome job so far! Keep it going!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
First off -- Congratulations on your new size -- that is a really big accomplishment!!!!! Don't cry I know exactly how you feel - I know how to be me at the size I am, and how to navigate my world - changing shape and size is kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend (perhaps not a healthy friend- but a friend none-the-less) - after all my old body got me this far and helped me achieve some pretty incredible things - the new body...I don't know her well yet and it is scary. That fear of what happens if I gain it all back, how do I make friends with the new me, what if.....(and the list goes on and on). I am so far from where I want to be so I am not one to give advice except to say - embrace this new you - love her and let her take you on a new journey and new adventures and keep room in your heart for the old you because she was good to you too. When you are so used to be something and then that changes it is scary and I know sometimes I feel like I cannot live up to the new me. I am a new mom and I think this often - I was given this blessing of a child and I feel like what if I fail at this gift I have been given and what if I cannot live up to what it means to be a mom - or a size 12, 20,8, 4 whatever it is--I try(and for me it is a true try) to delight in and embrace the gift - my thoughts of failure are always future thoughts and past regrets - but the moment I am in right now is where I try to focus and to truly live with everything I have all senses firing -- that is what I am working on to change my inner dialogue. You have not failed, nor will you fail there is no such thing when you are on a constant moving journey. I am sending you lots of good vibes and happy in the moment thoughts -- you have earned your success and those itty bitty tiny little thoughts of failure.
CheekyWit, your entire post was so good, but it was this statement, "I know sometimes I feel like I cannot live up to the new me" that made the light come on in my head... it hits home so powerfully, more than anything I've read or heard in a long time... I keep saying this is the REAL ME, & I don't know who that other person was, the one who's been around for the past 15 years or so... but it's been a long time since I was the real me, so I've forgotten a lot about that me, how I'm supposed act, feel, look, pretty much everything... of course, at 61 I don't want to act like a 20 year old, but I don't want to miss out on this new-found youthful feeling either... so, I just need to examine myself & rediscover the NEW real me... I know she's hiding in there somewhere...

Thank you so much for your wise words...

hugs
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #49  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

I had a horrible, horrible night last night. I was just sick of dieting, sick of vegetables, sick of it all and wanted to give up. It was really really bad. You'd think after losing 40lbs I wouldn't be thinking like this.... I've just had a sucky week. But then I stepped on the scale, reminded myself that I had not seen that number in oh I don't know, 3-4 years? And the intense thoughts died. They are still there but just not as loud as before.

I think it is hard realizing I still have a long way to go. And this diet is extremely difficult with the ups and downs of school and clinical shift works. Routines are impossible. And that's what I need.

Anyways, thanks all for letting me vent.....
Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #50  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I'm never going to catch up before you all go to bed so I want to thank everyone who said such nice, consoling things. And, having made my dramatic re-entry, I just disappear again, right? Wrong. The puppy chewed through the DSL cord and I've been flat out so busy getting registered, opening a banking account, changing utilities to my name, etc., etc. that I finally just got to an electronics store. I have a good friend who says I lead an eventful life. The way I figure it is, if you never do anything, nothing ever happens to you. Maybe in another 20 years I'll stop taking on new lives.

So, thank you.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondalynny View Post
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!
What a huge accomplishment! Way to go I can't wait until I get to onederland. I am so happy for you. That is exciting!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been doing IP since Sept and have lost 65lbs so far.....I had come cheats around christmas and ever since.....HELP lol I cant seem to get back into the swing of things.....on top of things I have started to have issues with hair loss and maintaining adequate fluid intake resulting in dizziness....I need some motivation!
I know exactly how that is. After three months I cheated and it all went down hill from there. I am back for my second round and this time I am not cheating. Some things that have helped me is to journal. I have never done this before and sometimes I have to force myself to do it but it has helped me sooooo much. The night before I wrote out all my goals and I wrote a letter to myself telling how I felt and how miserable I was. It is one thing to know your goals but it is nice to have them on paper and you can always add to them. It has been a huge help to be able to go back and see how I got through certain days that I struggled. It is also nice to see what foods I really enjoyed. My husband even likes to hear what I write

Another thing I would recommend is DO NOT LEAVE THIS SITE. You have awesome support here. We don't want you to leave us We all want to help you on this journey. We are going through the same thing as you We need each other.

When I was eating whatever I wanted I felt as if I had the freedom to do that. How dare someone tell me I could not have a bag of chocolate or a piece of pie. Truth is I was never free.....I was in bondage. Food had a hold of me and it was controlling my life. Is this the freedom you want? You will be able to have these foods again in time but you will be able to control the food rather it control you.

So IP friend review those goals. Do some planning and get back on it. I know you can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Hello Everybody!
My first weigh in is tomorrow morning. I am soooo scared. This last week has really NOT been easy. Did I do it right? I don't have a food scale so have been approximating meat size until I get one. My coach said they don't follow not eating the restricted foods for several weeks due to too many people getting bored with lack of choices. I have been having one a day! She also said no exercise for at least two weeks then start walking. Forgot my salt for two days. Forgot my vitamins at dinner so took em before going to bed. Am I obsessing? I actually forgot and licked the knife that I had made my daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....shoulda seen me spitting in the sink and wooshing water in my mouth straight from the faucet to rinse it out. Please, please let this work.
I bet you will be totally shocked when you see how much you have lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
I feel your pain!! My first WI is tonight after work. I haven't cheated once bit this weekend I sooooooo wanted to. I kinda know how drug addicts feel now. I hope that someday eating a piece of licorice will be ok once in a while. That 'once in while' being the key. I too want this to work, I have tried so many in the past that have not. Good luck tomorrow!!
Hope you do Awesome at your weigh in and smoke the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Hi everyone!!!

First off all, I am SOOO glad to see the weight losses and the smaller pants sizes!! That is great guys!!!

Me on the other hand, well I am in TOM and I feel like I am blowing out of proportion!!! I usually gain about 3lbs during those couple of days but I am scared that it might not just be water...and the bloading makes me feel like I am pregnant
The reason why I think the +3bs won't just be water is because...
I CAN'T STOP CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!
It is getting ridiculous...I do good the whole day and whenever I get a 2-3 minutes alone in the kitchen...uh ho..I go and eat whatever I can!! I don't feel good afterwards I yell at myself ( well in my head there..LOL) but I still do it...
I need to lose just freakin 6 lbs to be in the 100's and I know I can do it, but it seems as though I let my body decide what I want and I can't get control over it... I need help
I wrote this above and I wanted to post it here too just for you.

I know exactly how that is. After three months I cheated and it all went down hill from there. I am back for my second round and this time I am not cheating. Some things that have helped me is to journal. I have never done this before and sometimes I have to force myself to do it but it has helped me sooooo much. The night before I wrote out all my goals and I wrote a letter to myself telling how I felt and how miserable I was. It is one thing to know your goals but it is nice to have them on paper and you can always add to them. It has been a huge help to be able to go back and see how I got through certain days that I struggled. It is also nice to see what foods I really enjoyed. My husband even likes to hear what I write

Another thing I would recommend is DO NOT LEAVE THIS SITE. You have awesome support here. We don't want you to leave us We all want to help you on this journey. We are going through the same thing as you We need each other.

When I was eating whatever I wanted I felt as if I had the freedom to do that. How dare someone tell me I could not have a bag of chocolate or a piece of pie. Truth is I was never free.....I was in bondage. Food had a hold of me and it was controlling my life. Is this the freedom you want? You will be able to have these foods again in time but you will be able to control the food rather it control you.

So IP friend review those goals. Do some planning and get back on it. I know you can do this!

Last edited by SweetSheila; 01-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
There is a great thread about alternative products in the stickies that does a compare and contrast about the different products. Mom just bought some from Lindora (I think it's that one) because doc was out of the chocolate drink and that is dad's favorite. It was about half the price for 7 packets. They've also found 2 of the 3 supplements in Wichita for half the price as what you pay at your doctor's office. They checked the labels to make sure they matched 100%. If you are looking for alternatives, talk to mom about it as she's got more information. Hope this helps!

Jess
I'm new, so I have no idea who your mom is... LOL.. Help a sista out.. I'm now buying for both my husband and myself, so it's getting rather expensive, as everyone knows!!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #53  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...
I should've come out of the dressing room singing..
But its like I was scared when I put those size 12 pants on...
I've been very successful and am doing what I need and doing it all right
and I hit this wall of oh my goodness..and I just want to cry again...
Help!!! Its like I'm afraid of failure..but I'm not failing...

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...
Your post touched my heart.
This diet has been very fascinating and intriguing, making it exceptionally interesting. I have found that by following the protocol I have gone through several emotional states. Just a few that come to mind as I type: Happiness, amazement, disbelief, gratification. Although I loss weight at an average of 2 pounds per week, sometimes I was over-whelmed. The list goes on and yes, sadness and being scared are apt to be common emotions. When we went to Florida to visit our grandchildren at Christmas, my 11 year granddaughter, who had not seen me in a year, told me within the first few hours that we were there, "Nonna, you are scarey skinny." I spent a few minutes assuring her that I am fine and that she would get use to my new size. I was this size when she was a baby and infact, most of my life. I let her know this size is normal for me. As the days passed she seem to be o.k. I was glad she let me know how she felt, I learned something from her observation and comment. You are NOT going to fail, accept that fact, go foward in your journey and enjoy and savor every moment. Judy
Old 01-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #54  

Well, I made a bad decision this weekend, and that was to allow myself a cheat day. My husband has been doig his own diet thing and he has a cheat day every Sat. I thought, how could it hurt? So Sat. cheat day turned into Sun. cheat day and by Monday morning my whole body felt bloated and my joints hurt from the inflamation from the dairy (ie. ice cream) I consumed over the weekend. I now realize, why it's important to follow protocol and today I am now starting to feel better back on IP. I am so worried about my WI on Friday after work, I just know my Chiropractor will want to know why my weightloss has been so slow this week. I feel horrible and very guilty for letting myself eat so badly...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
What a huge accomplishment! Way to go I can't wait until I get to onederland. I am so happy for you. That is exciting!!!!!

I bet you will be totally shocked when you see how much you have lost.
Hope you do Awesome at your weigh in and smoke the scale

I wrote this above and I wanted to post it here too just for you.
Thank you SO much!!!
I have tried the journal before, since I am doing round 2 also... I wrote EVERYTHING down and it did help at the time because I was able to add and read it anytime I felt like cheating or eating something that was on protocol and it did help..I will try it again and try to keep my focus on my goal!!!
You are great inspiration and thanks for taking the time to write that

This group is FANTASTIC. I talked about it to everyone I know. it is THE reason why I want to keep on trying.I know this diet works like crazy i've seen friends do it and I just need to find strength to achieve this goal..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
There's a great thread on here about self-sabotage. I'm bumping it for you. A lot of us have the same issues.
Thank you!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #56  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
I'm new, so I have no idea who your mom is... LOL.. Help a sista out.. I'm now buying for both my husband and myself, so it's getting rather expensive, as everyone knows!!
Sorry about being vague. I was responding to my brother-in-laws post. Anyway, the best place to look is up in the sticky that says alternative products. My mom just bought some and she and my dad really like them.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #57  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well today was WI#10 and I am proud to say I am down -2.2 lbs this week and now its time to party like an IP rockstar I am about to break out the IP BBQ chips and a crystal light ice tea. That is a total of 61.4 lbs since I started IP. Hope everyone had a good day and has an even better tommorow.
AMAZING weight loss - I had to comment on your pictures-- sounds like you need to post some more!!!! Congratulations on your success!!! Your positive attitude, like your weight loss - is super motivating to me --Thanks!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyalbani View Post
Well, I made a bad decision this weekend, and that was to allow myself a cheat day. My husband has been doig his own diet thing and he has a cheat day every Sat. I thought, how could it hurt? So Sat. cheat day turned into Sun. cheat day and by Monday morning my whole body felt bloated and my joints hurt from the inflamation from the dairy (ie. ice cream) I consumed over the weekend. I now realize, why it's important to follow protocol and today I am now starting to feel better back on IP. I am so worried about my WI on Friday after work, I just know my Chiropractor will want to know why my weightloss has been so slow this week. I feel horrible and very guilty for letting myself eat so badly...
Maybe you can release the guilt by thinking of it as an experiment. Being on IP is not about being perfect; it's about learning what works and what doesn't. You got some really valuable feedback from that cheat day - cheats don't work for you! Now you know it with certainty, and all you have to do to keep from doing it again is remember how awful you felt as a result of eating that ice cream.

We are definitely here to lose weight, but we are also learning how to navigate through the rest of our life, post IP. Some foods that we used to love, we just may not be able to tolerate when we are living in healthy, slim maintenance. They may have negative effects on the body or set off addictive behaviors.

The dieting part is simple by comparison. We are cut off from all the bad choices for this moment in time, and our bodies can shed weight and heal from chronic illness.

The complexity comes when we re-enter the real world of endless decisions and old patterns of behavior. My guess is that most of us are going to grapple with that once we reach maintenance. Whatever we can learn along the way (even thanks to disastrous cheats) will help us for the rest of our lives.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #59  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Hi everyone!!!

First off all, I am SOOO glad to see the weight losses and the smaller pants sizes!! That is great guys!!!

Me on the other hand, well I am in TOM and I feel like I am blowing out of proportion!!! I usually gain about 3lbs during those couple of days but I am scared that it might not just be water...and the bloading makes me feel like I am pregnant
The reason why I think the +3bs won't just be water is because...
I CAN'T STOP CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!
It is getting ridiculous...I do good the whole day and whenever I get a 2-3 minutes alone in the kitchen...uh ho..I go and eat whatever I can!! I don't feel good afterwards I yell at myself ( well in my head there..LOL) but I still do it...
I need to lose just freakin 6 lbs to be in the 100's and I know I can do it, but it seems as though I let my body decide what I want and I can't get control over it... I need help
I hope you'll take this as a little tough love, but losing weight takes self-discipline--something I was greatly lacking. I'm a person that looks at the big picture and for me, it just seemed unachievable. But then I started reading a couple of books by Matthew Kelly...the first was The Rhythm of Life and the second is called Perfectly Yourself: Nine Lessons for Enduring Happiness. I highly recommend them, but I can share the most important lesson I learned... each moment we make a choice... we can choose to be the best version of ourselves or we can choose to be a lesser version of ourselves.... the choice is ours... the choice is YOURS. I couldn't make a choice to change my life entirely, but at this moment in time, I can choose to be a better person. That's how I did it... one moment a time. When I wanted to eat something off my plan, I reminded myself that I was the boss of my body--not the other way around. When we let our bodies and bad habits we have made control us, we are not free. Little by little, it got much easier.

You can do this, you just need to keep choosing to do the right thing... over and over!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I hope you'll take this as a little tough love, but losing weight takes self-discipline--something I was greatly lacking. I'm a person that looks at the big picture and for me, it just seemed unachievable. But then I started reading a couple of books by Matthew Kelly...the first was The Rhythm of Life and the second is called Perfectly Yourself: Nine Lessons for Enduring Happiness. I highly recommend them, but I can share the most important lesson I learned... each moment we make a choice... we can choose to be the best version of ourselves or we can choose to be a lesser version of ourselves.... the choice is ours... the choice is YOURS. I couldn't make a choice to change my life entirely, but at this moment in time, I can choose to be a better person. That's how I did it... one moment a time. When I wanted to eat something off my plan, I reminded myself that I was the boss of my body--not the other way around. When we let our bodies and bad habits we have made control us, we are not free. Little by little, it got much easier.

You can do this, you just need to keep choosing to do the right thing... over and over!

I LIKE THIS!! (imitating facebook like button)
Closed Thread