Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Monday, 24 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 22 & 23, 2011
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I started the program yesterday. I came home with my "starter bag" and almost everything I ate yesterday was a pleasant surprise. The chocolate RTD I had on the way home was good, the leek soup I had for lunch wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be but the strawberry pudding I found inedible. The pine banana drink this morning, I was unbable to drink at all. I know that this is the week where I try stuff and figure out what I'll enjoy eating, but I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of packets I can bear to eat before Friday when I can order the things I'll like. The chocolate soy puffs hit the spot and I'm using those just a few at a time to stop chocolate cravings, and the caramel nut bar was just darned delicious. I had half of that last night instead of the strawberry pudding. I lost 1.8 lbs from yesterday to today but I'm having a heck of a time getting the pills down. So far I've only had 1 cal-mag each day. I did start taking my thyroid pill before bed last night (for the first time because I saw it on this site) to leave my day free for vitamin consumption but I'm just awful about pills. Any advice anyone has will be great. The thought of going 4 months with these packets has me going a little insane right now, but one day at a time.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,
I started the program yesterday. I came home with my "starter bag" and almost everything I ate yesterday was a pleasant surprise. The chocolate RTD I had on the way home was good, the leek soup I had for lunch wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be but the strawberry pudding I found inedible. The pine banana drink this morning, I was unbable to drink at all. I know that this is the week where I try stuff and figure out what I'll enjoy eating, but I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of packets I can bear to eat before Friday when I can order the things I'll like. The chocolate soy puffs hit the spot and I'm using those just a few at a time to stop chocolate cravings, and the caramel nut bar was just darned delicious. I had half of that last night instead of the strawberry pudding. I lost 1.8 lbs from yesterday to today but I'm having a heck of a time getting the pills down. So far I've only had 1 cal-mag each day. I did start taking my thyroid pill before bed last night (for the first time because I saw it on this site) to leave my day free for vitamin consumption but I'm just awful about pills. Any advice anyone has will be great. The thought of going 4 months with these packets has me going a little insane right now, but one day at a time.
First,
About the packets ... Keep trying different items. if it's convenient call your coach/clinic and pick up a couple of boxes of unrestricted products that you do like. I found the soups were my go-to item for weekday lunches, either on their own with cold raw vegetables to much or poured over steamed veggies for a stewy-soupy something-or-other, a mélange, if you will.

Good work on the supplements, others will jump in with suggestions about how to get the big ones down. I didn't have any problem with them, sorry.

Your focus on one day at a time is a "good bingo"! Although it's hard to believe, you may come to appreciate the simplicity of IP packets for meals, and possibly even miss them as you move through to maintenance.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #4  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

After a quiet weekend I was very excited to see the results of this week. I don't know what has happened but it seems I am stuck at 155. I had my WI on Thursday and then I weighed myself today at home (I know the difference from my home scale to the one at the clinic), and I am still 155! I stayed in the program so I don't know why I am getting stuck. I am afraid it is going to make me loose my motivation. I have been drinking enough water, the only thing I can think of is that I didn't take all my vitamins on Friday.
Has anybody have this problem? I don't know what to do.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #5  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!!! I did lousy yesterday during the football game. Ate too many things that are not on protocol. Felt icky by the time it was all said and done. Back to protocol today, wishing I had restrained myself.

I went to Costo to look at the premir protein drinks and was sooo happy.... they had a tasting table going on. I tried both the vanilla and the chocolate. The vanilla is YUMMY!! I ended up buying a case of both flavors. The cost comes out to approv $1.30 per drink.

Thank you Carla for the recommendation in one of your posts last week.

I hope everyone has a good IP day. Time to eat my omelet.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #6  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

So excited! WI 4 and another 4 pounds gone for good!!! My hubby even commented this morning that I was looking good! Wow, that never happens without a little prompting! Onward to another week! Oh yeah, I also broke into the 200's! I know we all can't wait for onederland, but right now I am thrilled to be in twosville!

Last edited by whosinthemirror; 01-24-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, I have noticed the days starting to get longer yippy!!! Spring is around the corner!!!

Carla - sorry to read about your Uncle's passing. The funeral sounded lovely and a celebration of his life.

Thank you also for all the time you put into answering (in depth) the questions.

I appreciate eveyone's input and knowledge about this protocol. I have been on IP almost 4 weeks and no one knows. I don't know why I feel like I need to keep it a secret, does anyone else feel that way?

I have another 2 weeks of product waiting at the post office for me!! I am getting a couple different things again this time- the crispy cereal and the pineapple/banana drink. The place I order from also gave me 10% of this order!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
So excited! WI 4 and another 4 pounds gone for good!!! My hubby even commented this morning that I was looking good! Wow, that never happens without a little prompting! Onward to another week! Oh yeah, I also broke into the 200's! I know we all can't wait for onederland, but right now I am thrilled to be in twosville!
YAY congratulations that is awesome!!!! I love love love when the significant other comments on any weight lost....I know exactly what you mean when you say he normally needs prompting lol

The weekend went good. Dinner at my friends was fine. I just had greenbeans, although from a can and with butter, but it doesn't seem to have affected me. I made ratatouille for my family and grams last night. Let me tell you...i don't cook so this has been a shocker for everyone to see me experimenting like this. I didn't log my food or count my carbs for the weekend so i hope that i didn't get too high on the carb count each day. I weigh in tomorrow night so today is my last day to convince my body to let some weight go. TOM is supposed to be this week. I'm interested in seeing how it is affected by the diet. This is my first time since starting. Hope I don't hold on to a bunch of water and have a good weigh in!
GOOD LUCK to everyone for an amazing day on protocol!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Good Morning, my fabulous forum friends! I had a dream about you all last night that we took a beach trip and stayed OP the whole time! So fun! It was a nice break from dreams of food!

Did some more shopping yesterday and accidentally bought a rutabaga instead of a turnip. Dang. I love my turnip fries. Oh well, there's 69c. I'll never see again!

Hanging out at the house today with the twins, reading book after book (they prefer books to toys, which I LOVE...English teacher by trade here!), and loving the new Petite XL pants my mom bought me...that are almost too big! From a plus size 2X in 3 1/2 weeks! Yeah, buddy!

Good luck on your weigh ins today! If the mood strikes to graze/cheat...DON'T!!!

Quote:
Hi,
Good idea to use the soy puffs a few at a time! You'll find things you don't like, but you suck it up and gag them down, anyway because they weren't cheap! (At least that's what I do.) Perhaps your coach will let you come in and get a couple boxes of stuff you DO like? And, dude! That's almost 2 pounds on your first day! As for the pills...I'm terrible about taking mine. I simply forget. I take them right before or right after dinner, when my son reminds me he needs his vitamins. I look at them as a way to get another 10-12 oz of water in, because each one takes a big swallow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
After a quiet weekend I was very excited to see the results of this week. I don't know what has happened but it seems I am stuck at 155. I had my WI on Thursday and then I weighed myself today at home (I know the difference from my home scale to the one at the clinic), and I am still 155! I stayed in the program so I don't know why I am getting stuck. I am afraid it is going to make me loose my motivation. I have been drinking enough water, the only thing I can think of is that I didn't take all my vitamins on Friday.
Has anybody have this problem? I don't know what to do.
Try changing up the times you're eating. Add a restricted, or lose one. Maybe add another packet. Is it close to TOM? You're doing so well, don't lose your motivation! Lots of people get stuck, but look at how your clothes are fitting. Weight and inches don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. Get through to Thursday and have your coach measure and weigh you. You should see some movement somewhere! Your body is restructuring itself, and it needs you to stay strong and keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello everyone!!! I did lousy yesterday during the football game. Ate too many things that are not on protocol. Felt icky by the time it was all said and done. Back to protocol today, wishing I had restrained myself.

I went to Costo to look at the premir protein drinks and was sooo happy.... they had a tasting table going on. I tried both the vanilla and the chocolate. The vanilla is YUMMY!! I ended up buying a case of both flavors. The cost comes out to approv $1.30 per drink.

Thank you Carla for the recommendation in one of your posts last week.

I hope everyone has a good IP day. Time to eat my omelet.
Way to go being back on IP. You can't beat yourself up too much, just learn from your mistakes. Way to get a good deal! We don't have Costco here, just Sam's Club. Checking out their drinks with a rtd IP in my hand for comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Welcome to TWODERVILLE! What a great week for you! Compliments AND a major milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Good morning, I have noticed the days starting to get longer yippy!!! Spring is around the corner!!!

Carla - sorry to read about your Uncle's passing. The funeral sounded lovely and a celebration of his life.

Thank you also for all the time you put into answering (in depth) the questions.

I appreciate eveyone's input and knowledge about this protocol. I have been on IP almost 4 weeks and no one knows. I don't know why I feel like I need to keep it a secret, does anyone else feel that way?

I have another 2 weeks of product waiting at the post office for me!! I am getting a couple different things again this time- the crispy cereal and the pineapple/banana drink. The place I order from also gave me 10% of this order!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Make sure your cereal water is ICE COLD! Trust me on this. Blech. I kept it a secret until last week, when I facebooked (I love that "facebooked" is a verb now, lol) my weight loss without really thinking. I think it's because we've gone on diets, we've heard of other people going on diets, and so many of them fail. You don't want to fail in front of others! Plus, it's kind of embarrassing, admitting that you have a weight problem to people who DON'T have one. That's how I feel, anyway.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #10  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

I had quite a difficult weekend.
Stayed at a hotel on Saturday night and not that its was hard to order in dinner, but the order for the kids which came with french fries and Ice Cream both the bain of my existence! But I stayed of protocol, didn't even try a fry!
I didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in either day so I was a little hungry.

That is the one think that I dislike about this program, I have to make dinner EVERY night! I just couldn't do last night so I ate Ham and Cucumber. I think I'm going to make some soup tonight to put in the freezer for times like that where I just don't have the energy to make anything.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #11  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Jolie, thank you for your words of encouragement. I guess that is what it is, I have been eating all my meals a little later this weekend (my daugther was keeping me busy). Also, I am getting close to TOM. Does that make a big difference? Again , thank you and have a great day!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #12  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

I went to my niece's birthday party last night, the big 9 years old. I had no problem staying away from the giant cookie that was frosted up like a cake. I did wish I could taste the peppermint ice cream though. My sister-in-law made a turkey dinner with all of the fixings. My favorite! I had turkey and she was nice enough to make cauliflower for me along with some cucumber slices. The only thing I had a brief thought about trying was the stuffing (another favorite of mine). I did break protocol by 1: not weighing 5 oz o turkey (I guestimated about 5 oz from my chicken portions the past several days) and 2: I used about 2 TBSP (1 oz) of half/half and 2 splendas for my coffee. She didn't have any skim milk, only whole milk. Should have used that instead, but all in all for day 9 on IP I think I did ok with everything that was around. I didn't have any cravings for the beer or hard liquor that was being poured around in the beginning hours preceding the party, of which I usually partake. Hoping WI #2 on Thursday shows my hard work at staying on track. That's been my only hiccup on the plan thus far!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Monday!!

I normally dread mondays but today is a good day i hit my target weight loss for the week!!!! A little upset that I gave into temptation during the football game but today is Monday and a new day to get back on track. Congrats to everyone who hit their goals!!!

17 more lbs. to go!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #14  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Hi,
Welcome to IP!!!!! I know some of those packets are DISGUSTING (as are some of the walden farm products -- see the walden farm products thread before buying them if you are interested) - but what I found helpful especially with the fruit drinks (pineapple banana, peach mango and strawberry shake) is to add ice and blend it like a smoothie - that way I didn't have to waste it and it was easier to get down. Look at the "Fun with Packets" thread if you haven't already there are some good ideas that might help. I am with I am Svelting - soups are my weekday lunch meal with steamed veggies and a bit more water (they are a bit too thick for my tastes) - I drink my RTDs heated with espresso added to them I call it "breakfast in a cup" -- When I feel like I cannot get in my 4 cups of veggies I add a cup or two of raw spinach or arugula to my unlimited Romain salad which makes for a fancy heartier tastier salad. These are just some tips to get you started -- this is a great group full of support and ideas - ask any questions - Congrats on your 1.8 pound weight loss - that is AWESOME.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Monday is a good day! :)

Good morning to all of you!!

I'm on IP since 2 1/2 weeks now. I simply loveeeee it!! In the past I was always starving myself for like 3 days and then I would break down and eat a whole lot of crap .. But this is pretty easy.. I don't have a lot of support, I think my roomate is againt it and always want me to try her food (which I say NO), I have other friends (really skinny) that tells me "So, when do you finish your diet so we can have a drink!!"

But you know what, I have decided to do this right, I'm really motivated and I really want to succeed. For now, THIS is my priority! And well, I have you guys for support and my coach, I love it and this is awesome.

This morning I weight myself at home down an other 1.5 lbs since 2 days. (I've decided to weight myself every 2 days.. because before it was every day, and i'm really addicted to my scale so I try hard to weight every 2 days, and in a week or 2 every 3 days.. we will see!!)

Last thing! I had a really weird dream last night.. I was swimming in IP chocolate pudding.. wow.. this is too funny!!

Have a great IP day!
Closed Thread