Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #91  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ok here are my first WI results......drum roll please..............-9 pounds, 2.25 inches off my chest and 2.5 inches off my waist!!! Hips, arms and thighs didn't budge! Oh well I am feeling more motivated and feeling great!! Thanks everybody!! You ALL ROCK!!!!
Awesome Job Dino!! I feel like IP is the thing to do in Casper right now. Aren't you glad we're part of the club?!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

Anyone else have this issue?
start small, maybe some flat front slacks, a tailored button down and add a pretty scarf or some jewelry you might not normally wear... that way you have a comfort level with the clothes and pop a little with the other. then move into another blouse with the pants you like. so on and so on. one step at a time, let your mind adjust to your body. you'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyalbani View Post
Well, I made a bad decision this weekend, and that was to allow myself a cheat day. My husband has been doig his own diet thing and he has a cheat day every Sat. I thought, how could it hurt? So Sat. cheat day turned into Sun. cheat day and by Monday morning my whole body felt bloated and my joints hurt from the inflamation from the dairy (ie. ice cream) I consumed over the weekend. I now realize, why it's important to follow protocol and today I am now starting to feel better back on IP. I am so worried about my WI on Friday after work, I just know my Chiropractor will want to know why my weightloss has been so slow this week. I feel horrible and very guilty for letting myself eat so badly...
slips happen... remember you answer to yourself, doing this for yourself, not the chiropractor. you did it, it's over and that's that. you know you don't feel good after a cheat now and you can use that memory for future decision making. Chin up, you're doing just fine.....
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
- Abraham Lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Ohhh well..

todAY I really wanted to cheat since I found out my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. Yeah I know!!

I'm kind of an emotional eater .. but I won't!
isn't that the way it goes.... emotions and food.... hand in hand. I contributed my last 20 pound gain to my dh as well. of course he didn't make me eat, but my mind just went nuts after he accused me of losing weight to find another man... boy did i pack it right back on and more after that comment. I had to untwist my mind and instead of "teaching him a lesson" (by ballooning into a hefty heffer that no one could be happy with so don't worry about me cheating on you) with food, i taught myself a lesson... no man (no person) and certainly no food is going to control me. i refuse to allow it any longer... and here i am. almost 20 pounds lighter and happy with my new frame of mind. you can do this! stay strong and proud and don't let yourself fall into a pitty party to spite yourself.

Quote:
Ok here are my first WI results......drum roll please..............-9 pounds, 2.25 inches off my chest and 2.5 inches off my waist!!! Hips, arms and thighs didn't budge! Oh well I am feeling more motivated and feeling great!! Thanks everybody!! You ALL ROCK!!!!
Way to go Wyo! pretty soon that casper wind will be blowing you away!

Hi all, nice to see all the good work! i have a question about diabetes and IP. my mom, aunt and grandma (yes, you read that correctly...lol) all want to get on protocol. I'm so freakin excited to have a close face to face group i can't stand it!!! BUT-my mom and aunt take diabetes meds. any advice? I told mom to check her blood regularly thru the day for awhile to make sure she isn't going to low. not sure what else... help please, comments, cautions, experiences, anything!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Good evening all... Been kind of a LONG day... Long day at work at least.. Why is it that work is the one place I want to cheat??? I caught myself eyeing a Hershey's w/ Almonds bar in the vending machine in our break room.. I wasn't craving it, just thought it would be nice to have some real chocolate.. The last week at work has been **** to say the least, but I have yet to cheat. Just really wish I could get past this hump and be happy with the progress I've made this far.. Only 57 more lbs to goal!!!
Low Carb Specialties ChocoPerfection Bars are as close to a legal cheat as you can get! netrition.com or both health food stores i go in have these. a little pricy, but i can make one bar last months. i like the milk chocolate one. nice taste, nice texture. not waxy. a good dose of fiber and no maltitol or aspartame! really !
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #94  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

[QUOTE=machbasy;3675629]What an awesome accomplishment! Last Wednesday, I was 10 pounds to goal; curious to see what tomorrow will bring. My initial goal was 130 (using the BMI calculator only), but I since upped it to 145. No one believes me when I tell them that I weight 155 right now - I have muscular thighs and calves - so I feel comfortable with losing only 10 more pounds. Or do I? Is that a cop-out? I need to research some more on what a good weight is for my height and body type.[/QUOT

I don't think it's a cop out at all. People can weigh the same and look very different. You will have a much better idea of where you want to be once you hit 145. My first goal is 160 and while I look waaaaaaaay better than I did about 40 lbs ago, I am thinking I want to be in the 152-155 range. Will see how I look when I hit goal and go from there. Good luck on your WI tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hello, Jolie!! I am here! Busily reading all the thread and this, trying diligently to catch up. I am still reading part of yesterdays posts and writing a response too!

SO, my news!! I did my weigh in this morning (forgot to measure so, I'll do that in the morning). One week down and..... 6.5 pounds too!! I am happy with that. I was much more controlled with my eating than in the past so, I expect to have less useless fluid. I am just so happy to be do this as well as I did last time. I feel like I am in control, can say no, I am not having cravings and I feel good.

So, I did some fun things this week. I have been exercising since August so, with starting this program I decided to keep the exercise and hope for improved loss. I joined a new gym this past week (tired of my old one and my personal trainers were FLAKES) and I joined an event they are running (8 weeks total) called greatest loser. I am excited. It is just a means to motivate people to lose body fat and build or keep muscle. We have access to all kinds of exercise classes and specialty training. We also have special learning lectures. Last night was about ... Nutrition. It was fun and enjoyable but, I already knew much of it and have been eating that way for the better part of 14 months. I was actually asked if I would consider speaking at one of the upcoming classes to share my experience, how I learned to eat, and what I have been learning about changing my ways with food. ME??? It was very flattering.

I liked that the nutritional coach (masters and phd's in nutrition and sports science) made it clear that you have to LEARN what diet is right for you and then stick to it. He also made clear it may not be easy but it is worth it. He shared a quote from Hippocrates, "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health." -Hippocrates I found it to be appropriate to our situation. He also pointed out that we are each unique and we must find the right combination for our body. Some of use will do well with red meats and others fish, some more protein while others need a bit less, and, yes, carbs are supposed to low overall but some people need and can tolerate more than others. HOWEVER, when you find out what isn't working (by physical indication usually) get rid of it, don't go back. He said to listen to our bodies. If we swell or bloat after eating processed food,flour, dairy, eggs, etc. THINK.. our body is trying to reject it or can't process it. If we keep forcing it to do what it can't tolerate, we make ourselves unhealthy. I thought "I RELATE! I react very poorly still to flours, some grains, sugars." I think those things may never be back in my diet. I LOVE feeling good and not feeling swollen when I eat them.

He was so good! I wish each person could have heard him speak. He wasn't aware of IP. This is just what he advises his clients. He believes in a moderate to low carb lifestyle for people. He believes in avoiding aspartame and using more natural sweeteners like stevia.

He also said something else. He said " when you go out take a cooler with you. Have all you need for the day in that cooler. Pack a variety if you need choices. While you are out, always rely on your cooler. IF you do this, you will succeed because you created a plan, removed temptation, and set yourself up to reinforce your commitment to your health." I liked that.

Anyway, that was last night and then this morning I went through a body assessment. It was a total body composition, better than a dunk tank, called a bod pod. I found out that I have lost 20% body fat while doing IP. I found out that my idea of trying to lose 40 pounds is inline with my desire to have 19% total body fat. It was very reassuring to know I am seeing myself, and my goals, clearly! SO, we discussed how to make IP work with my goals over the next 8 weeks so I don't over do. The funny thing, the modifications they made would put me on basically an IP phase 1 alternate plan (which is the recommended athletic plan for IP). It was so reassuring on so many fronts.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I am so excited. I am really looking forward to the next 8 weeks and how it will help me with staying motivated and excited!

Here were some other interesting quotes he worked in. I find that Hippocrates may have been very wise in some matters and we, unfortunately, may have forgotten where we came from.

Leave your drugs in the chemist’s pot if you can cure the patient with food.
-Hippocrates, 420 BC

Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness.
-Hippocrates

Walking is man's best medicine.
-Hippocrates
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Today is my first day in a while of 100% IP w/ no cheats. It's been so hard trying to get back to business! Why oh why am I a sugar/carb lover? I could live on dessert and breads......... Maybe I need to visualize reaching my goal in my bikini on the beach. lol. Spring break is around the corner. YIKES!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #97  

Height: 5'8"

I had WI #3 tonight and I am down 5.2 lbs!!!! That's a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks! I can not believe it, I love IP!!!!!!!!!! I also love getting on here and reading all the info you all have! It has made these last 3 weeks a breeze! Wishing everyone a wonderful night!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 218.7/218.7/150

Height: 5'6

Default In need of help or motivation.... what to do...

Hi Everyone, I hope everyone's day went well. Mine started out that way, a good 1 hour of exercise, did some cleaning, trying very hard to stay on program and have followed it to a T since Sunday. Did not eat properly today (didn't get in my 4 cups of veggies which I don't all the time) and fell off tonight with a bang. I have been slipping up for the past four weekends. Foodwise and vodka. I fell off at Christmas and have not been faithful to the program since. I love this program, I remember having that feeling of no cravings and loving it. I have 36 lbs off since October 15/10 and have another 40 to my goal. Any suggestions to rev things up for a big loss week and hopefully that will motivate me to get on track again.

Thanks to you all for being here.

Dgirl
Old 01-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #99  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Anyway, that was last night and then this morning I went through a body assessment. It was a total body composition, better than a dunk tank, called a bod pod. I found out that I have lost 20% body fat while doing IP. I found out that my idea of trying to lose 40 pounds is inline with my desire to have 19% total body fat. It was very reassuring to know I am seeing myself, and my goals, clearly! SO, we discussed how to make IP work with my goals over the next 8 weeks so I don't over do. The funny thing, the modifications they made would put me on basically an IP phase 1 alternate plan (which is the recommended athletic plan for IP). It was so reassuring on so many fronts.
Congratulations on the great start to weight loss again!

You would make an awesome speaker for them! I did a program of this nature three years ago and unfortunately, it was run by a trainer who thinks whole grains are the be all and end all. I got a good workout though!

I'm kind of jealous that you got to be tested using the bod pod. I'd love to do that and see where I'm really at. I haven't looked into seeing if anyone has one around here, but I'm guessing it would be rather pricey.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
2 week WI and down another 3 lbs! total at 8.2. Very excited!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Great Job
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Ohhh well..

todAY I really wanted to cheat since I found out my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. Yeah I know!!

I'm kind of an emotional eater .. but I won't!

Don't do it they're not worth it, but you are stay strong!!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #102  

Quote:

GREAT JOB....CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #103  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Hi Everyone, I hope everyone's day went well. Mine started out that way, a good 1 hour of exercise, did some cleaning, trying very hard to stay on program and have followed it to a T since Sunday. Did not eat properly today (didn't get in my 4 cups of veggies which I don't all the time) and fell off tonight with a bang. I have been slipping up for the past four weekends. Foodwise and vodka. I fell off at Christmas and have not been faithful to the program since. I love this program, I remember having that feeling of no cravings and loving it. I have 36 lbs off since October 15/10 and have another 40 to my goal. Any suggestions to rev things up for a big loss week and hopefully that will motivate me to get on track again.

Thanks to you all for being here.

Dgirl
I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions to rev things up so you can have a big loss week so you can get motivated to get on track again.
Go back and read the last sentence of your post. I have never had a big loss week, so if my motivation had been based on that factor I would have never made it to goal. It seems to me you are at a fork in the road, you can continue as you have for the past 4 weeks or consider that the past and move foward with the plan and loose the last 40 pounds. You know this plan works, you have proven that fact. I hope my post will encourage you to get with the program and finish what you started. I know you can do it. We all have things in our lives that motivate us, figure out what motivates you and use it, use it, use it. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Remember when we work the program it works for us. You have people all over the world behind you, cheering you on. Judy
Old 01-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #104  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Today is my first day in a while of 100% IP w/ no cheats. It's been so hard trying to get back to business! Why oh why am I a sugar/carb lover? I could live on dessert and breads......... Maybe I need to visualize reaching my goal in my bikini on the beach. lol. Spring break is around the corner. YIKES!!
For myself, every damn time I justify a sneak, it's harder to get back onto a healthy food plan. I've often wondered, am I a sugar/carb lover? Also, since I used to be a drinker (alcohol mostly sugar) I wondered if that was what created the obsession for sugars. If I slip and get back on, the window of my success gets shorter and shorter each time, until I'm back to eating badly everyday. I myself just can't give in. Knock on wood, I just hope I don't give in while on IP. So far so good for 3-1/2 weeks.

I made some mistakes though this week, but not beating myself up over it. I didn't go eat donuts or pizza or anything. I realized last friday I had two restricteds. Chili for lunch and late night snack, I had BBQ ridges. I've been at an off site seminar and ordered the vegetarian option, but it has a lot of grains. So I've been only eating lettuce or spinach salads with the dressing provided. It's been hard to get my regular quantity of vegetables in.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #105  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Default Healing

So, I've had what seemed like a blister on my finger for over two weeks. I got it during golf lessons, and wore down the skin on my finger. It's healing, but taking for ever, seems odd? I'm taking all my supplements.
Closed Thread