3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 25 January 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223565-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-25-january-2011-a.html)

whisperingshouts 01-25-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbf410 (Post 3675079)
Sorry about being vague. I was responding to my brother-in-laws post. Anyway, the best place to look is up in the sticky that says alternative products. My mom just bought some and she and my dad really like them.

HAHA.. Thanks!!! :)

kjw83 01-25-2011 05:30 PM

Okay I have a question about exercising. I started to read throught the thread about it, but couldn`t really find answers to my questions. I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Leslie Sansone Interval jogging and walking. Can I start back to doing these? I am on day 14; is it too soon? Are these too strenous? And do I need to add an extra packet in? I started today eating a restricted packet, and was hoping that if I started some exercise it would counteract the extra carbs in the packet and not slow my weight loss....any thoughts on this??!:?:

Beachbella 01-25-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3674112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88
Have you checked your Blood Pressure? It could be a little lower than you are used to. I had dizziness for a long time, and the doc who is the head of the program suggested this.
In my case my BP was going down, and now I am being weaned off medication. Can't wait to see if I can get off it altogether!

Thanks Crystal - I think it may be my blood pressure meds. I was doing more research on the web and I think it may need to be adjusted. I got a little scared today I was at a store and bent down to see something and then got up and almost fell over the dizziness was the worst I had so I said ok enough calling the doctor. I have an appt on Friday to discuss what is going on.

I bet you are right in regards to the low pressure and meds. I am on a high dosage right now and I guess the 20lb loss is throwing the meds off.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Beachbella!!!

Just an FYI. I was also on blood pressure medicine. My doctor cut the dose in half and I took that for a week and then he took me off completely. I bought a blood pressure kit so that I can keep track of it myself and update him as needed. If you don't have one, you should invest in one. I bought mine at Sams Club for $60. Well worth the investment. When I started tracking it, it was 104-106/73-75, that's when he took me off completely.

Good morning to everyone!!!!!

Thanks so much SJackson. I just bought a kit at Walgreens. I have not hooked it up yet but plan on checking my numbers later tonight. I am hoping it is just my meds causing the issue. When I told the doc I was starting this program a month ago she stating she needed to see me on a monthly basis to check my pressure. I just never thought that in less then a month of being on the program that things would go haywire with the meds if that is the case.

Vanessa333 01-25-2011 05:38 PM

Ohhh well..

todAY I really wanted to cheat since I found out my ex-boyfriend is now with one of my good girlfriend.. Yeah I know!!:?:

I'm kind of an emotional eater .. but I won't!

AmyonIP 01-25-2011 06:05 PM

"Send some of that energy my way (just kidding) YAHOOOOO on such a great weight loss with TOM - you have no idea how much hope this gives me. Amazing how much weight you have lost in such a relatively short period of time -- it must feel sooooo good!!! I am motivated by your energy and weight loss - thanks for sharing both"
CheekyWit, Thanks very much! I couldn't believe it when I WI yesterday. I wasn't wearing jeans which I normally do, but those don't weigh that much. I used to sit around a lot and not get much done and now I have too much energy to do that. I am loving it!
JolieBug: I also have been told I dress like a granny. (a frumpy one too) and so I go to the store and look at what the mannequins are wearing and try those one. Or ask the sales associate (one around my age) if what I picked out looks good and tell them to be honest. I pick out 2 or 3 options and say, 1 or 2. 2 or 3, etc. Its so much funner shopping now. I just need to have places to go to wear the outfits now!
Have a great day all.

Hollmark 01-25-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3674484)
Hi Everyone......

I know this is probably bad but I weigh myself everyday and today I am at the same weight as yesterday.... Stayed on protocol so I am a little upset. I really think the bigger issues is weighing myself every morning but I am so pleased when I do lose weight even if it's .1 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!! Stay warm I know we are looking at more snow/ice/rain in NJ.

I got on the scale at home after telling myself that I would not weigh at home and guess what? I lost 4 lbs since my last weigh in, so I jumped on again the next day and I lost another lb. That was yesterday...I am not getting on again until my WI on Thurs., I don't want to be:dizzy: a scale junkie!!

Aunt Sheshie 01-25-2011 06:16 PM

AmyonIP, I love your idea of checking out what the mannequins are wearing!.. now that you mention it, that's how I used to shop when I was slim & trim in my younger days... I'll remember that next time I'm shopping... thanks!..

kjw83, you might be okay to start exercising again in another week or so, but be sure to keep your heart rate between 60% & 70% of max... talk to your coach about it first, though...

hugs :hug:

JudoGirl 01-25-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3674175)
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL:dizzy:

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?

For me...go back on the plan and finish what you started...I'm going to see it thru... Ideal protein got me this far and I want to say I lost it all on Ideal Protein...I felt amazing today wearing the size 12..and my new blouse...everyone was amazed and actually I was blushing quite a bit...
And I never blush...

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

JudoGirl 01-25-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3674377)
First off -- Congratulations on your new size -- that is a really big accomplishment!!!!! Don't cry:hug: I know exactly how you feel - I know how to be me at the size I am, and how to navigate my world - changing shape and size is kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend (perhaps not a healthy friend- but a friend none-the-less) - after all my old body got me this far and helped me achieve some pretty incredible things - the new body...I don't know her well yet and it is scary. That fear of what happens if I gain it all back, how do I make friends with the new me, what if.....(and the list goes on and on). I am so far from where I want to be so I am not one to give advice except to say - embrace this new you - love her and let her take you on a new journey and new adventures and keep room in your heart for the old you because she was good to you too. When you are so used to be something and then that changes it is scary and I know sometimes I feel like I cannot live up to the new me. I am a new mom and I think this often - I was given this blessing of a child and I feel like what if I fail at this gift I have been given and what if I cannot live up to what it means to be a mom - or a size 12, 20,8, 4 whatever it is--I try(and for me it is a true try) to delight in and embrace the gift - my thoughts of failure are always future thoughts and past regrets - but the moment I am in right now is where I try to focus and to truly live with everything I have all senses firing -- that is what I am working on to change my inner dialogue. You have not failed, nor will you fail there is no such thing when you are on a constant moving journey. I am sending you lots of good vibes and happy in the moment thoughts -- you have earned your success and those itty bitty tiny little thoughts of failure.

Thank you...that was very kind and makes sense...I needed that

JudoGirl 01-25-2011 06:58 PM

calling all shoppers

Ok I tooo had the what do I do?? Where do I buy clothes now..oh my goodness...its awful and you don't know what panties to buy anymore...
so I was even on a stupid panty search...but yesterday I went to old reliable
JC Penney's....The sales were amazing..I bought this great pair of dress pants..They are Modern Dress Pants..and I got the one Tagged Curvy...
and the Modern also has a little flair at the bottom..they look great and fit amazing..
so they were loaded with dress clothes and all on sale..
Ok then I bought- a blouse- 6 pair of panties-two night gowns-2 pairs of shoes(even my feet lost weight) and another pair of pants...
My husband this morning told me I looked like a model...yes he got one heck of a kiss...:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:: dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Josephine216 01-25-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjw83 (Post 3674260)
I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!

I'm naturally always cold so I've come up with a few tricks. I drink room temperature water (never cold!), I drink 1 tea/coffee per day and I always, always have a zip up shirt to put over my shirts. I also have a little heater in my office under my desk and a heating pad in bed for my feet at night.

Don't know if it gets better, I've always been like this.

bianchd 01-25-2011 07:17 PM

2 week WI and down another 3 lbs! total at 8.2. Very excited!!!!

Linden 01-25-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3674634)
Here's a thought for you girls who are shopping for a new style and lots of smaller sizes. This works out really good if you need some clothes that fit, but are still shrinking. Have you thought of the Goodwill or DAV places? You can find some really nice stuff for dirt cheap. I rarely find clothes at the mall that I like, but I can always find a bag full at the goodwill stores.

Just a thought.

Oh brother. You love vinegar. And now Goodwill. Move over, Carla.

And to you and everyone else. I'm trying to catch up, again, because the puppy chewed through the DSL cord and I've been too busy to replace it until several hours ago. I DID answer some of you on the Monday-still-open thread. It was just, I guess, a day late and a dollar short. And it's actually Wednesday here, now, 1:24 am. You can't say I'm not somewhat devoted.

Coloradodivegirl 01-25-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3675388)
Oh brother. You love vinegar. And now Goodwill. Move over, Carla.

And to you and everyone else. I'm trying to catch up, again, because the puppy chewed through the DSL cord and I've been too busy to replace it until several hours ago. I DID answer some of you on the Monday-still-open thread. It was just, I guess, a day late and a dollar short. And it's actually Wednesday here, now, 1:24 am. You can't say I'm not somewhat devoted.

Hii :wave:

LMAO!!! This is funny!

Couldn't ya really live without the puppy chewing stage? My brand new cherry wood bedroom furniture has chew marks on every single corner, some day I'll laugh about it and think..... Awwww look how cute! But that day still hasn't arrived. You do get a A+ for dedication :)

I'm so happy for those who are WI's and dropping those pounds! That's the way to do it! I feel bad for those who are struggling, keep your chin's up, I know you guys can do this! My day won't come soon enough to join all of you this mission.

Josephine216 01-25-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondalynny (Post 3674347)
Broke into onederland today!! Great day!!!! IP rocks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliebug82 (Post 3674476)
So I went shopping again, just walking around the mall, and instead of being excited that I can start shopping in normal stores again soon, I completely freaked out! I don't know what I like! I'm so used to just buying clothes that fit and don't make me look like a granny (no offense to any grannies out there, you know what I mean, no flower stretch pants and matching tops...). I don't have a style anymore. I used to, I think. I used to shop at Limited and Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, and Express. Those stores are still there, but I don't know if I like it anymore. I don't know what I like. It's very...hm, what's the word...I don't know, disconcerting.

What's wrong with this? I should be pumped, excited, happy! Instead, I just want to cry. It's like I've spent so much time NOT liking myself and the way I look, that contemplating what I like is almost too much. I'm thinking of sticking with jeans and button-downs because it's what I'm comfortable in.

Anyone else have this issue?

Stick with whatever makes you feel comfortable but try new things. It's the same for me. I've been so long with putting on what fits that I have no clue what's cool. I thought I was the only one like this, make me feel a little better than I'm not. I went shopping the other day and tried on a few things but did not ask anyone for help.

This is my now plan: I'm going to find a nice normal size place with little to no clients, tell them I just lost xxx pounds and they need to put me in something that I'll like and that I'll look good in. In my mind, they will be happy and up for the challenge :). This is my plan, feel free to use it as you see fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutieEli (Post 3674629)
Hi everyone!!!

First off all, I am SOOO glad to see the weight losses and the smaller pants sizes!! That is great guys!!! :D

Me on the other hand, well I am in TOM and I feel like I am blowing out of proportion!!! I usually gain about 3lbs during those couple of days but I am scared that it might not just be water...and the bloading makes me feel like I am pregnant :(
The reason why I think the +3bs won't just be water is because...
I CAN'T STOP CHEATING!!!!!!!!!! :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress:
It is getting ridiculous...I do good the whole day and whenever I get a 2-3 minutes alone in the kitchen...uh ho..I go and eat whatever I can!! I don't feel good afterwards I yell at myself ( well in my head there..LOL) but I still do it...
I need to lose just freakin 6 lbs to be in the 100's and I know I can do it, but it seems as though I let my body decide what I want and I can't get control over it... :( I need help :( :( :?:

CutieElie, I do beleive you are trying to self sabotage my friend! What do you think? I would know the symptoms, I've done it myself. My advice it so stop looking at the scale for a while (like 1 week! I know!) and follow protocol (to the letter Misses!). Once you are 2-3 pounds under the 200's you can resume to check the scale as often as you want. Stop sabotaging!! You can do this, we can all do this!