Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #46  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Happy NSV: With this week's WI I went from "obese" to just "overweight". I know its not much, but I had to share -- you don't know how long I have been wanting this scale to move downward!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Had my 2nd WI today, down 3 pounds, and lost 3 inches! Yippee!! I got some new food to try, so I`m kindof excited to eat tonite My food is getting kindof boring...time to check out the recipes again!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #48  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Happy NSV: With this week's WI I went from "obese" to just "overweight". I know its not much, but I had to share -- you don't know how long I have been wanting this scale to move downward!
That is an awesome accomplishment! Don't underestimate yourself that is a great step in the right direction on your path to a healthier you!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Happy day to all!

I just tried Kale chips and turnip fries for the first time... AMAZING!!! What a tasty way to mix up the veggie choices. Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I go for WI#3 tomorrow. Today was a huge compliment day and I went down a size so I'm hoping to see great results!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #50  
ejg
started IP 12/29/10

S/C/G: 158 (IP start 150)/135/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Happy Happy! Back from WI#7 and another three pounds!! Yipee, first 21 pounds are gone!!
Congratulations!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #51  

Hi all, I've been so busy this last weekend and today. Haven't been able to catch up on everyone's posts, hopefully I'll be able to do that tonight. (Darn too much energy side effect! )
I had TOM this week and had my WI, I lost 5 pounds!! I couldn't believe it! 14 weeks and 54 pounds down. Yesterday I bought a pair of work out pants in size small!! I never thought I would have been able to do that. Have a great evening everyone.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #52  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Can't wait for my W2 WI tomorrow. Hopeing to lose more inches!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
This mornign was my first weigh in.. I was very apprehensive to say the least. I started IP on Jan 15 and have stayed strick with the protocol.. Well.... I stepped on the scale and was elated to learn I have lost 10 lbs.. I was even more happy after my coach measured me.. I lost 14 inches!!! What a wonderful day!!

CONGRATULATIONSand welcome to ONEderland... that's fantastic way to go
Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #54  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
Hi fellow IP ers,

I have been having a strange day, have no desire to eat, not feeling hungry, kind of gaggy actually? Has anyone experienced this?
Same here, no desire to eat - not feeling hungry - having a hard time getting the 4 cups of vegs per day.
Also I've noticed that for the last 2 days I am soooooooooo thirsty, I'm not a water drinker and the first few days I was having a hard time drinking my 8 glasses... well not yesterday and today (which I guess is a good thing).
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Happy Happy! Back from WI#7 and another three pounds!! Yipee, first 21 pounds are gone!! Went shopping after my WI and got all my veggies and stuff.
This is my second week being on the regular protocol. First month was on the Altnernative Protocol so I was losing a little slower. So far so good. I just love IP!! Have a great week everyone. Hope springs eternal.....
What is the difference between protocals?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #56  

I went to Costo to look at the premir protein drinks and was sooo happy.... they had a tasting table going on. I tried both the vanilla and the chocolate. The vanilla is YUMMY!! I ended up buying a case of both flavors. The cost comes out to approv $1.30 per drink.

Thank you Carla for the recommendation in one of your posts last week.

I hope everyone has a good IP day. Time to eat my omelet.[/QUOTE]

I also went to Costco today, and they were on sale for $23 something so I got 4 cases! 2 of each flavor. I love them as creamer in my coffee, and nice and handy to have in the car for emergency's.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,
I started the program yesterday. I came home with my "starter bag" and almost everything I ate yesterday was a pleasant surprise. The chocolate RTD I had on the way home was good, the leek soup I had for lunch wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be but the strawberry pudding I found inedible. The pine banana drink this morning, I was unbable to drink at all. I know that this is the week where I try stuff and figure out what I'll enjoy eating, but I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of packets I can bear to eat before Friday when I can order the things I'll like. The chocolate soy puffs hit the spot and I'm using those just a few at a time to stop chocolate cravings, and the caramel nut bar was just darned delicious. I had half of that last night instead of the strawberry pudding. I lost 1.8 lbs from yesterday to today but I'm having a heck of a time getting the pills down. So far I've only had 1 cal-mag each day. I did start taking my thyroid pill before bed last night (for the first time because I saw it on this site) to leave my day free for vitamin consumption but I'm just awful about pills. Any advice anyone has will be great. The thought of going 4 months with these packets has me going a little insane right now, but one day at a time.
you will do just great! i actually am now enjoying my easy eating life. i know my packet is measured and all is just right with the world. no guessing. i understand about the chocolate thing, but once ketosis hits you won't have much trouble with cravings i promise. and if you do, chocolate pudding a variety of ways should hold you nicely. one thing i will do is cut a bar into 1 cm squares and throw them in the freezer in a small container. when a chocolate craving hits, i can pop one in my mouth and since it's frozen it lasts a long time and does the job! i have been on since jan 3rd and i haven't even consumed a whole bar yet. trust the process, this program works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
OOOFHDA!!!! This was my first "weekend" on Ip and it was hard!!! I wanted carbs soooooo bad!! Really craving licorice!! LOL But I survived and stayed on plan. That scale better show a loss tomorrow or I will just cry!!!!!
hello fellow wyomingite! it's cold here isn't it! week one is typically a great one for most ip-er's... you should do GREAT! here's to wishin big numbers for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I hope everyone had wonderful weekend and ready to start a new week.

I wanted to ask a question to the group and it is probably answered somewhere on here, but thought I would get some fresh opinions.

Is there a protein drink powder equivalent to the IP products available elsewhere?

Can the 3 main suppliments from IP be purchased under a common brand elsewhere?

Anyone found these items?
lots of people use alternate items. costco, lindora, proti-diet. diet direct, the list goes on and on. i like nashau nutrition. alot of aspartame free items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
This is in response to Showgirl's post from the weekend thread.
I bought my Standard Poo 8 months ago (after waiting 20 years for her) and I bought her from a breeder in Montana. ...... All I can say is... POO'S RULE! lol!
i love poos!..... mine is 15 months old and part lab but looks so similar to your girl! such goofy personalities! Can't wait for the ice and cold to let up so we can go walking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heamacd View Post
Afternoon everyone. I just started IP on Friday so on day 4. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be woo hoo! I'm not sure but is it imperative that you eat the minimum 3 IP proteins or can you skip one but have your own protein for dinner? Not sure if that is clear as mud.... I find it okay apart from trying to get the 4 cups of vegetables in me. I like the idea of puree it and putting it in a soup... any other ideas. As well, may sound like a stupid question, but can you make these proteins in advance and take them with you (like work) or do you have to drink them right away; the drinks for instance?
I have a hard time with the 4 cups of veggies too. my trick is to put 2 big handsful of spinach in the blender with a IP drink. blend and drink down. i like the vanilla and strawberry. i'm trying the pineapple banana one next. yum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Hello. This is my first post. I am on day 5. Finally starting to feel a little better. Still hungry but not feeling like I'm gonna kill the person next to me eating oreos. I am anxious about weigh in. I don't have a food scale so not sure if I am overeating on the meat. I am just eyeballing it to the approx size of the palm of my hand. Drinking lots of water and 2-3 cups of hot tea with Stevia. I set my goal at losing 96 pounds. I want so badly to get back on my horse (literally). I have been reading your posts and they have been really inspiring.
Welcome! you will do great! try the Good Earth original sweet and spicy decaff tea. No artificial sweetner needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
This mornign was my first weigh in.. I was very apprehensive to say the least. I started IP on Jan 15 and have stayed strick with the protocol.. Well.... I stepped on the scale and was elated to learn I have lost 10 lbs.. I was even more happy after my coach measured me.. I lost 14 inches!!! What a wonderful day!!
WTG! - most weight watchers people take 5 weeks to drop that much!

NSV- Well all, i don't know if this is a NSV or not, but i had to stuff my bra today.... looked at myself when i got to work and a bunch of wrinkles in my shirt..... had on a scarf so i tried to cover the girls up but it just didn't work out. several wads of toilet paper later and we were pretty as a picture! lol! wouldn't you know it i must have lost 5lbs in each one of em! oh well....bye bye.. i can live with out em!

Last edited by rondar; 01-24-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

I see a lot of posts about Costcos drinks... There is no Costco here, does anyone have any other suggestions??
Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #59  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

i love poos!..... mine is 15 months old and part lab but looks so similar to your girl! such goofy personalities! Can't wait for the ice and cold to let up so we can go walking...

@~~~~~~~~

Wow... OCD fans & Poo fans! I may never leave this place

I have a hard time with the 4 cups of veggies too. my trick is to put 2 big handsful of spinach in the blender with a IP drink. blend and drink down. i like the vanilla and strawberry. i'm trying the pineapple banana one next. yum!

@~~~~~~~

Really? what's that taste like? (trying to control that gagging feeling I'm having right now)
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #60  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Anyone have a good stuffed mushroom recipes to try besides the 2-3 that are in the recipe threads?

Hope everyone is having a great day and start to their week!
Closed Thread