3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Dieters: What is your average weight loss per week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223403-ideal-protein-dieters-what-your-average-weight-loss-per-week.html)

greenwav99 01-23-2011 09:11 PM

Ideal Protein Dieters: What is your average weight loss per week?

I know that IP officials say average weight loss for women is 4 - 5 pounds per week, but that seems a little high. I haven't lost more than 3 pounds in a week, except for the first week.

Is their stat true to this population? What is your average weight loss per week?

Hollmark 01-23-2011 09:25 PM

Hi there, I lost 6.2 on week one...6.4 week two, and i lost 4 more since my WI on Fri. I love this diet!!!

kjw83 01-23-2011 09:31 PM

Hi! Not to be discouraging or anything...I lost 4# the first week and only 2# the 2nd week. I`m starting my 3rd week.

Mrs Diettrich 01-23-2011 09:34 PM

I have lost 41 lbs in 15 weeks - 2.73 lbs average. This is including a week that had a cheat weekend and a 1 lb gain.

Pegsi 01-23-2011 10:06 PM

I lose 2lbs. every week but I would lose more if I could give up my coffee whitner! I am trying! This diet really does work I lost 35lbs real fast and am now working on the last 20? 25? 30? I will know it when I get there!

showgirlaz 01-23-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwav99 (Post 3671246)
I know that IP officials say average weight loss for women is 4 - 5 pounds per week, but that seems a little high. I haven't lost more than 3 pounds in a week, except for the first week.

Is their stat true to this population? What is your average weight loss per week?

ACTUALLY, the official IDEAL PROTEIN media collateral says it is typical for women to lose 2-4 pounds per week on AVERAGE.

I know that is not how some people and some clinics market the diet but, that is how the IDEAL PROTEIN materials read for people who are looking to have a business.

I lost 3.25 pounds on average BUT I lost more than 4 pounds (average) the first 12 weeks, then lost steady 3 to 3.5 pounds for a long while, then was losing 1-2 pounds for a while. It all works out in the end I suppose.

When I got down to the end and was losing 2 pounds or less and my coach was accusing me (indirectly) of cheating or not following the plan, I contacted Dr Tran, gave him the run down, and he gave me some great information and advice but, the best thing was, at my stage of the game with so much less to lose and for how long I had already been on the program AND with how little I was eating, it was expected to now be losing where I was.

SO, I know for absolute certainty, this program is not expected or intended to cause all women to lose 4-5 pounds a week for long if, at all.

machbasy 01-24-2011 08:10 AM

JMO, but I think it is counter-productive to compare your weight loss to someone else's. If I have 100 pounds to lose, of course I will lose faster than someone who only has 20 pounds to lose, even if we both follow protocol to a "T". Any loss is a great loss in my book. Follow the plan and it will happen!

smithaa 01-24-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machbasy (Post 3671830)
JMO, but I think it is counter-productive to compare your weight loss to someone else's. If I have 100 pounds to lose, of course I will lose faster than someone who only has 20 pounds to lose, even if we both follow protocol to a "T". Any loss is a great loss in my book. Follow the plan and it will happen!

Machbasy - I agree and see that tends to be what people report. I'd love to loose another 10 this month but I'm trying to adjust to only a few # per week. What excites me is the inches I'm loosing. It's more than just the scales but rather loosing the fat. Happy to see my spare tire deflate :carrot:

sunnymae 01-24-2011 05:14 PM

My average is 2.5 per week. Total of 30 in 3 months. Yes..I lost more or less or none at all on some weeks, like this week for instance. As someone already mentioned,we all lose differently. Age, height, starting weight, body fat percentages, hormones, stress levels and so on, have everything to do with how we lose.
At first I was comparing my weight loss to others. BIG mistake. Product marketing is a set-up for being made to feel like a failure, and shame on any coach who accuses any of us of cheating if we don't lose a certain amount each week. That's just bogus.
What I did do from time to time was find other women in my age, height and starting weight bracket, and it was a more sensible way to make comparisons. Even so...we are all still very different. There are SO many factors.
Bottom line...it all came off, one way or another and the fat loss is mind boggling. I have never looked like this even though I have weighed this little many times.
As someone on this forum once said..just do the plan exactly as it's stated and let the plan do the rest. There's nothin' to it , but to do it!

Letterer 01-24-2011 05:20 PM

My average over 6-1/2 months was 2-1/3 lbs per week. I started out the first week with about a 5 lb drop, then settled in. Some weeks I lost closer to 3 lbs, others closer to one. I actually found I had a cycle, with 2 weeks of slow loss followed by 2 weeks of bigger numbers. It all works out in the end!

whisperingshouts 01-24-2011 09:49 PM

I had my first weigh in today and my coach said my results were very a typical... I lost 10 lbs and 14 inches. All week long I prayed for just one single pound!! I never imagined it would be like this.. I do realize that some weeks will be better than other, but I know that if I follow protocol I will be just fine!!

YankeeFan14040 01-24-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aharmeyer (Post 3673464)
I had my first weigh in today and my coach said my results were very a typical... I lost 10 lbs and 14 inches. All week long I prayed for just one single pound!! I never imagined it would be like this.. I do realize that some weeks will be better than other, but I know that if I follow protocol I will be just fine!!

That's great news! Much better than my first weigh in (WI) last week. I lost 9lbs and 5 inches. Now you know for a fact that you can do it if you stick with it!!

Josephine216 01-24-2011 10:06 PM

My average is 2.69 pounds per week. I've been on the program for 7 weeks.

whisperingshouts 01-24-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 (Post 3673477)
That's great news! Much better than my first weigh in (WI) last week. I lost 9lbs and 5 inches. Now you know for a fact that you can do it if you stick with it!!

I do and I am very committed to doing so!!! Your weigh in wasn't bad!!! I'd be very happy with that.

Douger963 01-25-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3671462)

When I got down to the end and was losing 2 pounds or less and my coach was accusing me (indirectly) of cheating or not following the plan,

I remember reading from research, after awhile your body's metabolism will adjust to your calorie intake. You will actually stop losing weight or very little. In fact in some cases you can be maintaining a low calorie in take for quite sometime and start gaining again. I don't know if you've heard anything like this or not, but would be interested to know if this was true. I believe this may of happened to me at one time. If it happens to me when I'm down at goal, I guess I'd ramp up the exercise.

I've only had 3 weigh-ins. 12lbs, 5lbs and 5lbs. If I maintained a 5lb loss that would be very good.