Old 01-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #16  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I have had two weigh ins with a total of 8 pounds lost. She said that I was doing great and thought that my results were due to me not having any of the restricted items (no chili, no bars, no stew). I hope to keep it up and decided to wait for my third week to be up so I can start excercise again.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #17  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

I started IP 12 weeks ago but have only had 10 weigh ins but my average weight loss for 12 weeks is 5.17 lbs per week. IP ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #18  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I guess at 52.2 lbs lost in 20 weeks that puts me at an average of 2.61....I stalled for 2 weeks with no loss/gain, so that didn't help my average!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #19  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

In 11 days I lost 17.8 pounds, 1.6 pounds a day, but I just started too. I have my next WI (#3) this thursday, which will put me 18 days into the program.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I remember reading from research, after awhile your body's metabolism will adjust to your calorie intake. You will actually stop losing weight or very little. In fact in some cases you can be maintaining a low calorie in take for quite sometime and start gaining again. I don't know if you've heard anything like this or not, but would be interested to know if this was true. I believe this may of happened to me at one time. If it happens to me when I'm down at goal, I guess I'd ramp up the exercise.

I've only had 3 weigh-ins. 12lbs, 5lbs and 5lbs. If I maintained a 5lb loss that would be very good.

It is true. Also, as you lose, you need fewer calories to sustain yourself so, you close the game between what you need to eat in calories and what you are eating. Some people have more muscle or faster metabolism ( I was on the lower side) so they can keep up a better average. Other people may not be able to do that and see lower numbers.

When you are maintaining a too low a calorie for your body for too long, you enter a starvation mode, it actually has an effect of dialing back the thyroid too. That means you will burn fat more slowly because your body needs/demands less. Over time,if you stay in starvation, you will begin to gain because (as I understand it) some of the processes your body needs to or tries to preform it will eat muscle for. As muscle is destroyed, metabolism dips farther and you begin to gain.

I would say, even as you are getting close to goal start doing light, slow, steady exercise. Even sitting and lifting some dumb bells while at home or doing push ups, squats with your own body weight, lunges, any activity that uses weight (your own is good too) will help you to maintain, tone, strengthen the muscle you have and may help you build muscle if you add light weight. My advice is, within reason, move to keep your body burning, demanding more fuel, and to help keep and, maybe, build muscle.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/218/150

Height: 5.5

Hi, I would love to say that I have lost that much ! Lost 5 the fist week ans 1 the second.... cant week to see tomorrow for the third )
oreilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #22  

Thanks to everyone for their input. I say this halfway jokingly and halfway serious: For as much money as IP costs, the sacrifices (absolutely NO food outside of protocol), the hunger, the hard work, etc...I expect to lose more than 2 pounds a week. I can lose 2 pounds a week on many other diets.

I do think IP is a great program, and it definitely keeps me disciplined, but I do feel deprived. Like many have said, it depends on how much you have to lose, your body chemistry, etc, so I know all these things. Just being impatient I guess! Thanks again for the encouragement.
greenwav99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #23  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

17 weeks, 51 pounds. 3.0 average.
tedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #24  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I was on plan 17 weeks. The first week I lose 8.5. The last week I gained one (sticking to the plan 100% like I had the other 16 weeks..but started working out with a personal trainer). I lose 58 pounds in 16 weeks or 3.625 per week.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #25  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwav99 View Post
Thanks to everyone for their input. I say this halfway jokingly and halfway serious: For as much money as IP costs, the sacrifices (absolutely NO food outside of protocol), the hunger, the hard work, etc...I expect to lose more than 2 pounds a week. I can lose 2 pounds a week on many other diets.

I do think IP is a great program, and it definitely keeps me disciplined, but I do feel deprived. Like many have said, it depends on how much you have to lose, your body chemistry, etc, so I know all these things. Just being impatient I guess! Thanks again for the encouragement.
I understand the whole issue with it being expensive - it is --one of the other things I was focusing on was how many inches people lost and from where. I wanted to know if what they claim "you burn fat" is actually true - when I could lose weight the only places I lost inches was in my face, calves, hands and feet - I could never loose in my dreaded mid section so I wanted to see if this protocol could help me loose inches in those stubborn places-- personally I am amazed at this more then the weight loss -- I gave birth to an 11 pound 6 oz baby 5 months ago (just imagine how big I was and then double it )and shock of all shocks - my stomach is almost completely flat (it wasn't even flat before I had the baby) it is actually flatter then before pregnancy (all my girlfriends want to go on the diet just to loose the baby pooch) -- it has been 3 weeks on this plan and never in the MONTHS that I did other diets did I loose this many inches (even though I lost the same amount of weight) -- Not sure if this helps but it does help me stay motivated.
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #26  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Cheeky, my thing has been the inches lost, too. I've lost 17.2 pounds in 4 weeks (average 4.3 a week!) and 24 inches! That's from thighs, hips, waist, bust, neck, and arms, the majority from my hips, waist!, and bust, of course. Dude. That's 2 feet off my body! In one month! That's SIX inches a week! I have found that every other week I either lose more weight or more inches. Funny how that works. Love IP and am so happy to have started and stuck to it! Can't wait to see what summer brings!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 217/218/150

Height: 5.5

Hi... I happy with the results, week 1, lost 5... week2, lost 1 and week three, lost 8... youppi !!!!
oreilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 189.6/179.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Bummed

I am completely bummed and need a pick me up. I lost 4 lbs in week one of IP, just got weighed today for week two and I lost NOTHING!!! my weight was exactly the same as week one to the .6!!!! unbelievable. It actually brought a tear to my eye!! I have been completely following the protocol and if nothing else my calories have decreased greatly!! I'm losing hope in this diet... I'll have one more perfect week of dieting and decide what to do this friday when I get weighed in.

ugh. frustrating.
leslie9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I don't have my "official" weigh-in for week 1 until tomorrow, but so far, I have lost about 9lbs and I could NOT BE HAPPIER! Looking forward to Monday afternoon when I have a chance to meet with my coach.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #30  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie9211 View Post
I am completely bummed and need a pick me up. I lost 4 lbs in week one of IP, just got weighed today for week two and I lost NOTHING!!! my weight was exactly the same as week one to the .6!!!! unbelievable. It actually brought a tear to my eye!! I have been completely following the protocol and if nothing else my calories have decreased greatly!! I'm losing hope in this diet... I'll have one more perfect week of dieting and decide what to do this friday when I get weighed in.

ugh. frustrating.
It is disappointing Leslie BUT did you lose inches? That is the one thing with this plan...the inches and pounds don't always correspond...fat is as not heavy as muscle and losing inches is great in itself as your clothes fit better. Just look forward to next week...you're following the plan and I'm sure you'll catch up! Stell
StellaW is offline   Reply With Quote