Walden Farms Product Reviews

You're on Page 1 of 28
Go to
  • I am very curious about the walden farms products but wanted to hear from some of you who have tried them. I know that everyone has different tastes but I want to know what you guys think.

Anyone care to give some feedback? What products do you like? Any that are just plain nasty?
  • Does anyone know of any online sites that sell the WF products? Out of the 3 major grocery stores by me, only 1 carries a limited quantity of the salad dressings.
  • You can buy them directly from the walden farms website.
  • so far- i can doctor the creamy bacon dressing until i like it. the blue cheese dip is good on celery. the bbq sauce is good! the peanut butter is gag-inducing. I've got some ranch dressing and some ketchup that i haven't tried yet. i'll keep you posted!
  • I am usually pretty flexible on stuff where calorie counts are concerned. A couple of years ago I bought some of their products. I honestly thought each and every one of them was horrific. Maybe they have improved though. To control calories, I will usually dilute things with skim milk or water to lower the calorie count.
  • I bought about six different dressings plus the bbq sauce. I kept only the bbq sauce. I thought the rest were terrible. I make my own dressing every week and carry it with my lunch in a little plastic container inside my salad bowl. Le$$on learned.
  • I always thought all of them were gross- until I tried this recipe.. It actually tastes amazing- just like a big mac.. weirdly enough, the dressing on plain lettuce is not that great though! PS- you can buy them at www.netrition.com ... they even ship internationally! My order got to me in Australia in 3 days!

Big Mac in a Bowl
    • 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
    • Salt and pepper, to taste
    • 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
    • 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
    • 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
    • 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
    Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

PPS- this isn't my recipe, I grabbed it off the recipe thread!
  • honey mustard - weird, but tastes ok on hard boiled eggs (like egg salad or deviled eggs).

bacon ranch - i really really like this one. i think it makes all of my salads taste awesome.

raspberry vinaigrette - kind of weird, but ok on salad if not too much is used.

caramel syrup - smells just like caramel, but has a chemical-y aftertaste. really good in IP vanilla pudding and ok in coffee.

chocolate syrup - i haven't found a good way to use this yet. another chemical-y taste.

peanut spread - tastes like poison in a jar alone, but good for cooking. i made a pretty good pad thai with peanut spread and miracle noodles and some vegetables. some people also like it in the IP chocolate pudding, but i haven't tried it yet.
  • Pancake syrup - I thought this was not bad I put a little in my vanilla pudding

Blueberry pancake syrup - tasted kind of weird again use it in my puddings

Thousand Island Dressing - I actually enjoy this on a "fake" rueben. I add a touch of dill relish to it and it is fab

Creamy Bacon - Another one of my fav's right over cauliflower

Coleslaw dressing - great when you add shredded red cabbage over your salad

Caramel Dip - was ok use it again in pudding. Too me way too sweet

Marshmallow Dip - I have no idea why it is named this because in no way did I feel it tasted like Marshmallow.

Blueberry and Strawberry fruit spread - honestly I did not care for either. flavors tasted off and texture was not right either.
  • BBQ Sauce - ok

Asian Dressing/Marinade
    - one of my favourites. Really good in a stir-fry

Maple Syrup - very good. Bought it yesterday to use in a glaze for pork ribs (see recipe thread). Delicious results.

Thousand Island Dressing - as somebody else said, this is very good in the Big Mac in a Bowl.

Chocolate Syrup - not much of a chocolate flavour to me.
  • Some WF products on Amazon.com
  • I have decided not to buy any more because every one I've tried has an underlying phony taste that I cannot stand! I have tried:

Ceasar dsg -yuck
    blue cheese -yuck
    Creamy Italian -yuck
    Ranch -triple yuck
    Asian -even in stir fry it has that underlying yucky taste
    Caramel -hubby likes a bit in his pudding (way too sweet for me), tastes like butterscotch to me.
    Chocolate sauce -also puts a tad in his pudding, VERY sweet

Friends of ours said the marinara is ok.
  • Ranch - yuck
    Italian - yuck on a salad, although I did use it to cook some chicken and it was OK
    Bacon Ranch - my husband likes it but I haven't tried it
    French - OK on a salad

Couldn't find the maple syrup to make the pork ribs recipe someone posted yesterday so I bought the thick and spicy BBQ instead.
  • Thousand Island - O.K. - I like to add horseradish to this - it makes it a great sauce for boiled shrimp, boiled crawfish.
    Ketsup - O.K. also add horseradish and lemon juice to this for cocktail sauce.
    Everything else I've tried, I've thrown away. Prefer to make my own dressings.
  • The thick and spicy BBQ is eatable, but still kind of blah. I shouldn't expect much from something that has water as the first listed ingredient.