Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 232/204/140

Height: 5'8"

Most have a weird aftertaste to me. The ketchup does, and Thousand Island did too. I added some dijon mustard to the Thousand island, so I didn't waste it. I like the Chipotle Ranch and the bbq sauce. The ones that have a little spice to them don't seem to bother me.
jlmcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I am very curious about the walden farms products but wanted to hear from some of you who have tried them. I know that everyone has different tastes but I want to know what you guys think.

Anyone care to give some feedback? What products do you like? Any that are just plain nasty?
I REALLY struggled finding WF dressings that I could eat. I use the Italian almost all the time. The raspberry vinagerette is also good especially on a salad with grilled chicken on it. The honey bbq is good for alot of things including dressing. I found the honey dijon--beyond nasty----but a friend of mine really enjoys it. I sampled the bacon ranch and it was okay. I have not tried any other products yet.
GetHealthyShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Thanks for all of your responses everyone! It seems that there are a few products that most people like: the bacon ranch and the bbq. I might just have to give those a try! I appreciate your input.
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #19  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

When I started (9 months ago), I could hardly stand any of it. As time as gone by I love the BBQ sauce (both kinds) on any kind of meat I eat. I love the dijon mustard dressing and the bacon ranch (YUM). I use the chocolate in my coffee with a RTD chocolate drink in there, too. I hated the seafood sauce in the beginning and I use it with shrimp and crab all of the time. It5 is true - our tastes do change on this diet.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
When I started (9 months ago), I could hardly stand any of it. As time as gone by I love the BBQ sauce (both kinds) on any kind of meat I eat. I love the dijon mustard dressing and the bacon ranch (YUM). I use the chocolate in my coffee with a RTD chocolate drink in there, too. I hated the seafood sauce in the beginning and I use it with shrimp and crab all of the time. It5 is true - our tastes do change on this diet.
I agree with Rosemary! Your tastes will change. I disliked all the dressings at first. I initially just ate my salad with salt and pepper. That way I think I learned to TASTE the salad and veggies on it. Now I use even the WF on the side, just dipping a tiny bit on every second or third bite, and I taste both. If I am eating out I get dressing on the side, use salt and pepper, then just barely dip the tines of the fork in the dressing every few bites. After all, I don't expect to be able to drench my salad in regular dressings when I am on maintenance; even the thought now is really repugnant to me. Be patient. I now like most the dressings except the raspberry! And the Big Mac recipe is now a favorite....I may never eat a burger with a bun again!

Debbie,who will start Phase 3 in another week!
Traveling Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/198/180

Height: 5'10.5"

My thoughts:
Ranch dressing--not that great.
Bacon ranch--I like that. Have it over spinach everyday.
Chocolate sauce--weird but almost edible. Maybe with something.
BBQ--ok, a little sweet.
BBQ thick and spicy--good. The spicyness distracts from the sweetness.
Peanut butter--ewww.
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #22  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

I think this is all a taste thing - so I will preface my reviews with this - I HATE the taste of artificial sweetners (I am highly allergic to aspartame - so anything that tastes of artificiality makes me nervous even if it isn't aspartame). I am also a trained chef so I tend to be a bit of a food snob so that is where my reviews are coming from -- and I should add that my food downfalls rarely involve sweets but usually (at least before IP) involve savory carbs (I won't torture you all with a list :-) -- but that will help frame my reviews)

I cannot eat any of the WF products straight out of the bottle - so here is what i do

Ranch -- YUCK, YUCK, YUCK - but since I bought it here is how I doctor it up to be passable --I add good quality dijion mustard, a splash or 6 of lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic paste, fresh (or dried) dill, a lemon shallot pepper, and some franks (or whatever brand you like) hot sauce for a buffalo ranch flavor -- this is passable

Ceasar - okay -- I use it as a base for my basil spinach pesto which I then stuff into chicken breasts --not sure I could eat this one on a salad by itself

Honey Dijon - really really weird aftertaste - I have not experimented enough to make this one a real crowd pleaser - I will update this thread if I find something that works

Italian - this is a good base to add more mustard, perhaps some curry powder, a little vinegar -- of all the dressings this one is the best out of the bottle but not exactly stellar

Ketchup-- This is my FAVORITE --and not for the ketchup - but it is an ideal base for many yummy creations (but by itself as ketchup-- it is only oka)--I make an Asian salad dressing using a dash of sesame oil, a few splashes of soy sauce, a bit of rice vinegar and some Chinese hot mustard powder -- very good on veggies (and in an Asian style slaw) and in stir fries -- I also use it as a base for my BBQ sauce (I make my own) -- I have served both the salad dressing and BBQ sauce to a crowded and got rave reviews (no one knew it wasn't the "real stuff") I also believe this is one of the dressing/condiments that does not have sucralose as one of the first 6 ingredients (which might be why I find this one the most palatable)

I have not tried any of the sweet stuff - so I cannot comment.

I hope this helps - or at least saves you a few dollars (I have spent more then I care to admit on these products but I guess in the name of research and experimentation I can sort of justify it)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #23  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

CheekyWit, have you posted your BBQ sauce recipe? If not, would you?
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #24  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
CheekyWit, have you posted your BBQ sauce recipe? If not, would you?
I just posted it in the Recipe 2 thread-- thanks for asking (hope you like it or at least like your version as you experiment )
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

GREAT TOPIC!!

Sesame Ginger = strange mix. Good as marinade or lightly on salad

Mayo = not been able to find in stores so maybe discontinued? Use it to make broccoli slaw and my own dressing creations

Ketchup = beside cocktail sauce, make BBQ sauce or Mexican seasoning.

All the dressings are odd, but Thous Island is most palatable on salad.
smithaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Well... I ordered SEVERAL things from WF website and have still yet to receive it...
I did find some dressing and the peanut butter spread at my local Meijer.. The PB is just down right nasty by itself.. The ranch... VERY sweet at first.. But I did a little doctoring and found it pretty good.. I added lots of pepper and Mrs. Dash spicy seasoning.. A little Chipolte Tabaso sauce is good too..
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I tried a few and couldn't stand any of the dressings but I use the mayo quite a bit! I like it in the mocktato salad and I used it in a caserol once. It's the only one I would buy again! Next time I might try it for egg salad or the brocolli slaw is a good idea too!
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 246/232/155

1000 island is the only one I can stomach,
dollarnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
Well... I ordered SEVERAL things from WF website and have still yet to receive it...
I did find some dressing and the peanut butter spread at my local Meijer.. The PB is just down right nasty by itself.. The ranch... VERY sweet at first.. But I did a little doctoring and found it pretty good.. I added lots of pepper and Mrs. Dash spicy seasoning.. A little Chipolte Tabaso sauce is good too..
Yes...WF can be downright nasty. The peanut butter (if you can call it that) is totally weird, however...add some red chili, clove of chopped garlic, lime juice, 2-3 drops of dark sesame oil, soy sauce, and just a drop of liquid stevia, and you've got a pretty decent thai sauce for satay, asian style kabobs and so on. You can also add fresh ground ginger to the mix if you like!
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #30  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

My Two Cents:
Ranch- It makes me want to throw up...not even joking! I may try the "doctored" up version (from above) so I dont waste it!
Chipolte Ranch is pretty good. I put it on my chicken fijita salad. Yum.
Bacon Ranch- not too bad
Chocolate Syrup-I add it to coffee and my EAS protien shakes. (I replace one IP with this)
Caramel Syrup-Good in coffee.
kbkwright is offline   Reply With Quote