Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

I bought the bacon ranch loved it.
The BBQ sauce, tried it last night. It didn't taste like BBQ after I cooked it. But did add some flavor to the chicken.
The Choc Syrup I have been adding a tiny bit to my shakes, don't think I have to have it.
Love the Honey mustard too, does have a strong Mustard Taste!
Aacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #92  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

bump
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the "BUMP"
I ordered the peanut spread...DISGUSTING!! but hope to DOCTOR it so it's not a total waste, or use it for Thai.
Chipolte Ranch ... good but spicy
Sweet Onion ... Really liked it on salad
Bacon Ranch ... not my favorite but tolerable

I also bought the mayo, thick and spicy BBQ sauce, coleslaw dressing, French Onion dip, and some individual dressings for lunches. I am all about the condiments and if something doesn't taste good, I can't eat it. Thanks to those who have tried these products, and who have the ability to doctor things when they don't taste good, I'm just not that creative, so I made a few jot notes for the future.
Products I am going to order
Ketchup
1000 Islands
Asian Ginger
pancake Syrup
chocolate syrup
caramel syrup
Any comments on those?
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #94  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

chocolate syrup-amazing in coffee or in the crispy cereal as coca puffs!
caramel syrup, I have actually drank this out of the bottle it is SOOOO good.

jersey sweet onion- I hated
alfredo sauce, not a fan but don't hate.
creamy bacon-disgusting chemically taste
thousand island-tolerable
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

I like:
The Apple jam (or butter, I forget what it is called but there's only 1 apple product). The Strawberry jam was alright, the Grape jam was good! So Grape and Apple are my favorites. There's nothing really to do with them though, except eat them by the spoonful. So I don't buy them until I go to phase 3 and then I use silken tofu for lunch blended with one of these. Oh, or blueberry syrup. It's pretty good. I know tofu isn't exactly on the protocol, but on Phase 3 it's fine. I can't eat fish 2x a day on phase 3, I just can't!

I can sometimes stomach Italian dressing. Other times it makes me nauseated. I make my own dressing with olive oil though. That tastes way better!

I hate all the other dressings. My bf loves them though, so to each their own.

The mayo is useful for making tuna salad. I have to blend up pieces of pickles, celery and cucumber to make it the right consistency and taste, before mixing in the tuna. I also saw a Garden mayo recipe with it on the recipe thread to go with salmon, and that looks like a good way to use it.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

My fiance likes the Ranch and Creamy Bacon dressings...i couldn't tolerate either. I use the strawberry jam on my crepe, when I do have it (since it's restricted I try to only have it once a week). LOVE the Chocolate Syrup! Wish I hadn't bought the "peanut butter"...if anyone comes up with an IP friendly way to "doctor" it, let me know.

(Actually, just thinking out loud here...I wonder if I can mix it with the choco syrup and make like a Reese's peanut butter cup "taste" to use on the crepe or chocolate muffins...or perhaps a dollop on top of the dark choco pudding? hmmm, will have to try and let you know!)

Last edited by puddleduck; 04-25-2011 at 11:47 AM.
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

I'm very curious about using the WF Peanut Butter for sauces and dressings. I'm wondering what it is exactly that everyone finds so disgusting about it? Also, I wonder if anyone who has actually tried it in a recipe can tell me if it's really any good for cooking. I sure miss my peanut butter.
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #98  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I'm very curious about using the WF Peanut Butter for sauces and dressings. I'm wondering what it is exactly that everyone finds so disgusting about it? Also, I wonder if anyone who has actually tried it in a recipe can tell me if it's really any good for cooking. I sure miss my peanut butter.
Missing peanut butter and almond butter too!
I've tried the thousand island -- Not terrible but wouldn't get it again
Italian--YUCK strange underlying taste
Bacon Ranch--taste like bacon bits(fake) but not terrible if you need a change
Hickory BBQ sauce-- Better straight from the jar then bbq'd as the artificial sweetners tasted funny when cooked
Sesame Ginger dressing--My favourite so far.

For the most part I just make my own dressings. I just mix a little olive oil with either dijon/lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and oil with some spices. Also use just straight lemon juice or lime juice on taco salads.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #99  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Default WF Peanut Butter

Here's my 2 cents:

Once a week, I make my Fine Herb & Cheese Omelet into 3 "crepe" like circles and on one of them I put WF Peanut Butter and WF Strawberry preserves. It gives me the same satisfaction as a regular PB & J sandwich. I also put the WF Strawberry Preserves & WF Chocolate Syrup on one of them and it reminds me of chocolate covered strawberries. The third one is always reserved for the WF Pancake Syrup.

I also used the WF Strawberry Preserves & WF Pancake Syrup as a glaze for my Easter dinner ham slice. It gave me the sweetness I needed.

The WF Peanut Butter is the same flavor as a Soy Nut Butter but with a looser consistency. I have also added a little bit of the sea salt to add the saltiness of peanuts.

I don't eat the peanut butter everyday but it is great for variety.
smh321pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Peanut Butter was a major staple in my diet while on Atkins and Body by Vi, so I was so anxious to receive it, only to find out that it has the consistency of thick pea soup, and to me tasted bitter and vile. I have heard of adding splenda and chocolate or pancake syrup to it, but the first initial taste has turned me completely off of it. I will try to use it in a Satay recipe tho and hope for the best.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #101  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

I have tried most of the WF products, and I've found that most of them can be used, but only as a base! I always tweak them by adding other seasonings to make them taste better.

I like to use my daily oil allotment most of the time to cook my veggies or meat, so I don't want to waste it in salad dressings. This is where the WF dressing come in handy. I use the WF dressing as the "oil" and then make a dressing recipe like I normally would. It turns out really well, especially with the honey mustard, yum!
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #102  

I just got a new shipment in the mail yesterday...
Ketchup
Caramel Syrup
Chocolate Syrup
Pancake Syrup
Asian dressing (I just tasted it, pretty good)
1000 Island dressing (Making Big Mac in a bowl for supper and can't wait)
hopefully these are all good...
Have a great weekend everyone
Old 04-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

I really like the balsamic vinegar, Asian dressing, sesame Ginger dressing for cooking. Love the chipolte ranch for salads and the caramel and chocolate dips for a bite or two for a treat. Not as great as the full carb real deal but great considering carb, fat, calorie free!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #104  
MsA

Height: 5'9"

Default Wf

I have tried the Ketchup Heinz 1 cb...which tastes exactly like regular ketchup. I have also tried WF Thousand Islands which is great.
MsA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I haven't used the peanut butter for cooking--I like it straight from the jar. And on celery--yummy. Has a good peanut taste, consistency is different. But I like all the WF products.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote