3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Walden Farms Product Reviews (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html)

scorbett1103 01-02-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batgirl (Post 5006941)
Little bump and quick weird question - after they are opened, do all WF products need refrigerated?

And... Is there a limit to how much you can use daily with IP Phase 1?

I refrigerate simply because dressing tastes better cold :)

And yes you should limit your intake of ANY 0 carb "extras" including WF products, sugar substitutes, etc.

The FDA allows products to be labeled 0 carb as long as there's less than 1 carb per serving - so if it's 0.9g carb it can say 0 carb on the label.

A good rule of thumb is to limit yourself to 6 servings of any 0 carb extra per day - that way you know for sure you are never adding more than 6g extra carbs to your daily intake. If you go too far overboard, you will start stacking up those extra carbs.

Humbirdbee 01-04-2015 07:09 PM

I use my old (by not much) chocolate dip in my coffee. I just bought some caramel dip and use it the same way like a caramel/mocha coffee and add a splash of RTD IP Vanilla drink. Yum yum yum

EmmaD 05-09-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barri1970 (Post 5110968)
You do not need to keep them in the refrigerator ever. I called WF a few years ago and asked them how long it would keep out of the refrigerator because I was going on a trip and wanted to know how long they would last. She told me that NONE of their products need to be refrigerated ever. It simply says that because they generally taste better when eaten cold.

Good to know!

I'm glad I searched for this thread. I had actually only found an even older one. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-farms-ip.html

This is an old thread but I have found it to be useful.

Here's my contribution so far... (Note I haven't done much playing around with these. Some of them are better when tweaked or mixed together.)

Liked unconditionally:
  • regular pancake syrup
Liked OK:
  • Original BBQ sauce
  • Amazin Mayo - VERY sweet, but surprisingly seems to work on a few things. Going to try with coleslaw and tuna salad. Worked for Deviled Eggs! But I needed to use dill pickle juice to cut back that disturbing sweetness.
  • Caramel Dip - I seem to recall that it was ok, but I was eating it on apples pre-IP. Might work with chayote. Texture is like soft pudding.
Didn't like:
  • Super Fruits Vinaigrette (actually flavor was fine just way too sweet for a salad dressing)
  • Marshmallow Dip - just weird all around
  • Alfredo Sauce - close, but there is some funky smell/taste that is offputting
  • Chocolate Syrup - very watery and fake tasting. Might be OK in smoothies, but why bother?
  • Raspberry Fruit Spread - sooooo bad
Want to try:
  • Italian Dressing
  • Thousand Island dressing
  • Ranch dressing
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Spicy BBQ
  • Sesame Ginger sauce
  • Asian stir-fry sauce

dkc71 05-11-2015 06:32 PM

What I've tried:
-Blue cheese dressing - very sweet...I only use with a buffalo chicken meatball recipe
-Ranch dressing - I won't use it but my husband tried it and liked it. He likes weird stuff though :)
-Tomato basil sauce - love this! It's very sweet, but great on my spiralized zucchini
-Pancake syrup - very good
-Caramel syrup - I mix this into my pancake mix - tastes good. Afraid to try on its own

Bought but haven't tried: mayo, chocolate syrup, peanut butter (all for recipes)

Ambered 05-11-2015 08:10 PM

I bought 60 something dollars worth of Walden Farms products when I started Metifast and have tossed most of it --- everything I have actually opened and tried.

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I placed that order and realize now all I should have purchased was the pancake syrup, which I think may taste no different than the sugarless Kraft that I use, but I could be wrong ...

Anyway, for me, food is suppose to taste good and use condiments to make the diet food I'm eating more palatable. To be completely honest, that hasn't happen using Walden Food products --- in fact, the opposite has occurred.

I recognize I'm a huge micro-manager that can put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort into shaving off calories, which makes no sense for me for I'd rather eat a little bit less of healthier and more tasty food than more of what leaves me with a chemical aftertaste.

Just my current opinion ... :)

Briael 05-11-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambered (Post 5163502)
I bought 60 something dollars worth of Walden Farms products when I started Metifast and have tossed most of it --- everything I have actually opened and tried.

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I placed that order and realize now all I should have purchased was the pancake syrup, which I think may taste no different than the sugarless Kraft that I use, but I could be wrong ...

Anyway, for me, food is suppose to taste good and use condiments to make the diet food I'm eating more palatable. To be completely honest, that hasn't happen using Walden Food products --- in fact, the opposite has occurred.

I recognize I'm a huge micro-manager that can put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort into shaving off calories, which makes no sense for me for I'd rather eat a little bit less of healthier and more tasty food than more of what leaves me with a chemical aftertaste.

Just my current opinion ... :)

Having the dressings and syrups "neat" often means they taste disgusting. However, if you use them as cooking additions for flavouring (a la Rainbowsmiles' recipes threads) you can turn out some really nice food from the packets. :)

IdealProteinNewbie 05-12-2015 07:18 AM

I've posted this before but if you look at the label it says "guaranteed" which means you can get your money back if you try something and don't like it.

Call customer service and they will help you. I got a check written out to my name for $30+.

disgal 05-12-2015 11:46 AM

Just want to mention that I'm always struggling with salad dressing. Yesterday I googled IP and WF mayo to see if there were any recipes to make a decent creamy one, and this came up:

Originally posted by Chipndip last year (THANK YOU)!!

"I've never measured anything for this. Just eyeballed it, but I've made guesses below:

Caesar salad

1 tbsp WF mayo
1-2 tsp EVOO (I have skipped this if I used my oil already)
1-2 tsp Lemon juice and/or white vinegar
Fresh chopped garlic
Fresh ground pepper
A splash of Worcestershire (it's not on the IP list so skip it if you are 100%)

Coleslaw (I eat this right away unlike my pre IP coleslaw that I would let sit)

1 tbsp WF mayo,
1 tsp Yellow mustard
1-2 tsp EVOO
1-2 tsp White vinegar
Salt and pepper
Pinch of Celery seed
1-2 stalks Chopped green onion
Cabbage (to bring veggies to 2 cups)"

I made it last night (the dressing) and LOVED IT!! I'll need to try the coleslaw soon!! ;)

Just an FYI I also like the Mayo in chix salad and deviled eggs! :smug: The only other WF products I like are pancake syrup, BBQ sauce (which I use in conjunction with the pancake syrup to marinate chix), and the 1000 Isl dressing. :smug:

Hope this helps someone!!

hysteria_625 05-12-2015 04:42 PM

Where have y'all found the WF BBQ? I know store vary regionally...

disgal 05-12-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5163799)
Where have y'all found the WF BBQ? I know store vary regionally...

I order WF online frm Netrition. ;)

Great Dane 05-12-2015 04:54 PM

I'm not finding the WF Honey BBQ sauce locally now. Hope it isn't discontinued and my stash is gone!!!! I'll start looking on line. Can't take the other two BBQ sauce flavors.

disgal 05-12-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Dane (Post 5163805)
I'm not finding the WF Honey BBQ sauce locally now. Hope it isn't discontinued and my stash is gone!!!! I'll start looking on line. Can't take the other two BBQ sauce flavors.

It's $3.99 on Netrition FYI.....;)

pamara 05-12-2015 11:12 PM

Still working range of products the list but here's my 2 cents. Honey Dijon and Italian dressings were good. Pancake syrup if good. French vanilla Coffee creamer is ok. Fake tasting but doable.

KickinIt23 05-13-2015 06:39 PM

I love the syrup...it's perfect on protein pancakes!

EmmaD 05-14-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 5163624)
I've posted this before but if you look at the label it says "guaranteed" which means you can get your money back if you try something and don't like it.

Call customer service and they will help you. I got a check written out to my name for $30+.

INTERESTING! This information could have saved me a bit of cash! Did you just call them and tell them you didn't like a product and they cut you a check? Did you have to send proof of purchase?

Also learning that none of the products need to be refrigerated means I could have saved some iffy products in the cupboard to try in recipes later. I have thrown out so many because of taking up room in the fridge.

So I finally tried the Russian dressing (which I am assuming is close to the Thousand Island dressing? which my store was out of the day I purchased).
Very sweet, which is expected. I had it on a big green leafy salad - I have to say it was good on bitter greens! yay Might work for the Big Mac in a Bowl (or in my case veggie burger in a bowl) but maybe Russian dressing is even sweeter.... ah I just looked up what the differences between Russian and Thousand Island are. Not much - I can add some dill pickle relish to get the Thousand Island flavor. :)