3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Walden Farms Product Reviews (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html)

mainemum 05-20-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batgirl (Post 5006941)
Little bump and quick weird question - after they are opened, do all WF products need refrigerated?

And... Is there a limit to how much you can use daily with IP Phase 1?

1. Yes, I think so. At least, all that I have purchased (choc syrup, many dressings, pancake syrup) say to refrigerate after opening. The individual packets do not need to be refrigerated. Worst case, you could always call WF and see what they say about a certain product.

2. My coach said to count each serving (ie 2 TB dressing) as one of my five allowed sweetener packets per day. WF says that their products have about 1/2 g carbs per serving, so eating half of a jar of something can add up. Splenda packets have carbs too, which is why my coach tells us to limit them to just five per day. That being said, some people have been told that WF products are unlimited, so you're best off sticking to what your coach tells you. If your weight loss stalls, look at the number of extras, and see if you are adding loads of extra carbs.

Humbirdbee 01-01-2015 03:25 PM

Has anyone tried the new WF coffee creamers?

Mimi47 01-01-2015 03:30 PM

ugh -- did not notice the pancake syrup needs to be refrigerated after opening. Think i really need to toss it???

ChipnDip 01-01-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5110529)
ugh -- did not notice the pancake syrup needs to be refrigerated after opening. Think i really need to toss it???

In going to guess if would be fine. I grew up without refrigerating ketchup or Kraft Parmesan cheese.

oneuh2 01-01-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5110529)

I have been leaving every bottle I have opened over the past 6 months out of the fridge -- it takes me a couple of weeks to a month to use a bottle. And all have been fine despite no refrigeration, and I have not experienced any ill reactions to it.

I just noticed recently that it was to be refrigerated... I am doing that now, but I see no need for you to trash it.

canadjineh 01-01-2015 08:00 PM

LOL, it kinda tells you something about the food value if you can leave it out for ages without refrigeration. Unless it's naturally fermented like sauerkraut, etc... :D

oneuh2 01-01-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5110631)
LOL, it kinda tells you something about the food value if you can leave it out for ages without refrigeration. Unless it's naturally fermented like sauerkraut, etc... :D

Ya know.... most any food probably keeps as well or better in the fridge... except some will lose flavor there (like ground coffee, for example).

But I think that many such warnings on food packaging are the product of the company attorneys who want to increase their chances of claiming any user reactions of illness from their foods to be 'deniable'.... just sayin'.... :)

Ariel13 01-01-2015 09:30 PM

I can't seem to like these products :p I've tried the Chipotle Mayo-Yuck! The Raisin Peanut Butter-Double Yuck! and the Chocolate Syrup-Meh! I really didn't care for any of them...I only tried them once and they're still sitting in my fridge, occupying space, but I still keep them hoping that maybe someday, I will like them...Now, I'm tempted to purchase the Caramel Syrup but I suspect I'm not going to like it. :p

Mimi47 01-01-2015 09:40 PM

OK, thanks all. Pancake syrup is now in fridge. And, Ariel13, I just tried the caramel syrup (which I had bought but not yet opened), and it's pretty good. Kinda like a cross between caramel and maple, I'd say. Not really sure what I got it for -- it's not like I'm eating ice cream sundaes these days. Maybe I'll have it with my coffee/vanilla IP tomorrow morning….

Ariel13 01-01-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5110706)
OK, thanks all. Pancake syrup is now in fridge. And, Ariel13, I just tried the caramel syrup (which I had bought but not yet opened), and it's pretty good. Kinda like a cross between caramel and maple, I'd say. Not really sure what I got it for -- it's not like I'm eating ice cream sundaes these days. Maybe I'll have it with my coffee/vanilla IP tomorrow morning….

Mimi47- I knew I should had bought the caramel syrup instead!!:( I was nearing the ToM and I was craving for chocolaty stuff! Thanks, I might give it a try..What I do with them, well, I was planning on doing, is just to grab a spoonful of it and just have it like that, not add it to anything, hahaha, but obviously that didn't happen because I just didn't like them, their consistency is too watery, I wanted something thicker. But adding it to your coffee seems like a good idea :D

Cadu 01-01-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humbirdbee (Post 5110527)
Has anyone tried the new WF coffee creamers?

I didn't know they had creamers.. After reading your post I ran over to nettrition.com and ordered some.. thanks for the tip, I will let ya know how they are

Mimi47 01-01-2015 11:46 PM

omg…. Just drizzled the caramel syrup over my IP cappuccino drink (my snack/meal timing is waaay off today). YUM!!!

canadjineh 01-02-2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5110648)
Ya know.... most any food probably keeps as well or better in the fridge... except some will lose flavor there (like ground coffee, for example).

But I think that many such warnings on food packaging are the product of the company attorneys :judge: who want to increase their chances of claiming any user reactions of illness from their foods to be 'deniable'.... just sayin'.... :)

Yeah, probably, oneuh2! Like the cups you get when you buy takeout coffee that say in large letters: CAUTION!! Contents hot!
(I'd certainly hope so, that's what I paid for!) :rofl:

I still have a bit of WF peanut spread in my fridge (bought when I was in the middle of IP - about a year ago) but it's all separated, I may just chuck it out. Looks nasty.

SweetRelease713 01-02-2015 05:21 AM

My Last Taste Test

Before I went on IP, I sat down with some crackers and about 6 WF and taste-tested. Here are the results:

Thick and Spicy BBQ: My fave of the products. Pretty much tastes like the real thing to me if I use it to dip foods in (I have seen warnings on the site not to use it to cook with because it waters down when heated).

Thousand Island Dressing: Pretty good. A keeper.

Mayo: Expected this to be awful. It was actually good. A keeper.

Cole Slaw Dressing: This got good reviews online, but it is my least favorite. Keeping for now in case my tastes change.

Sesame Ginger: Very strange tasting. May throw out, but keeping to experiment with for now.

Ketchup: Okay. May need doctoring. :chef::goodluck:

barri1970 01-02-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batgirl (Post 5006941)
Little bump and quick weird question - after they are opened, do all WF products need refrigerated?

And... Is there a limit to how much you can use daily with IP Phase 1?

You do not need to keep them in the refrigerator ever. I called WF a few years ago and asked them how long it would keep out of the refrigerator because I was going on a trip and wanted to know how long they would last. She told me that NONE of their products need to be refrigerated ever. It simply says that because they generally taste better when eaten cold.