Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #121  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Okay, just answered my question about the oatmeal cookies for breakfast...since there is 2 packets in them, no I can`t eat them all But I can divide them. Or is there a reason that I shouldn`t do that and just stick to eating the regular packets?? Will the 1/8cup of oatmeal mess something up?
Can you link to the recipe? Or tell me what post # it is in which thread? I'll go look at it!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I love Etsy. I spend FAR too much money on there...
I tell people about Etsy but I also warn them about getting their brain sucked out. Hours later you come back to reality - hopefully not having spent a fortune!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #123  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Okay, just answered my question about the oatmeal cookies for breakfast...since there is 2 packets in them, no I can`t eat them all But I can divide them. Or is there a reason that I shouldn`t do that and just stick to eating the regular packets?? Will the 1/8cup of oatmeal mess something up?
Quote:
Can you link to the recipe? Or tell me what post # it is in which thread? I'll go look at it!
Nevermind, I found the recipe that you're referring to. 1/8c. of rolled oats has (according to my canister in my pantry) 6.5 grams of carbs. A packet of IP Oatmeal has 12 gms of carbs. A packet of butterscotch pudding has 2 carbs and the chocolate pudding has 7 carbs. Sooooooooo, depending on which pudding you use, this recipe will have either 20.5 carbs (butterscotch -10.25 per serving), or 25.5 carbs (chocolate -12.75 per serving). All this to say, IN MY OPINION, it should be treated as a restricted item when you have it, but I don't see any major harm in it.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

MrsDeitrich---the oatmeal cookies recipe is on page 1 of thread 1 of recipes.
kjw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement on the stuck scales! I get worried that somehow I will mess this up, and I so do not want to do that. I don`t know how to quote like you do, but thankyou! I felt a little discouraged...plus my family is eating all this yummy food, and I`m...well, not!
Another question: if I made the oatmeal cookies on the recipe thread, could I eat them all for my breakfast, instead of just eating the oatmeal? Just trying to get some variety. Thanks so much!
to quote ( multi quote) on the lower R hand corner is 3 symbols. the one with the +? the middle one is the one you click on. click on as many as you want then "post reply" and they all show up!
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #126  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica in a week - what are your opinions on "carb blockers"?
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #127  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I just dropped in to say hello, and update you all on my milestone: I have officially lost 40lbs in 10 weeks!! Woohoo!! I had to share my excitement since a lot of you have supported me in my journey and I thank you very much.

Keep on keepin' on everyone. xoxox.
SashaJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey everyone!

I just dropped in to say hello, and update you all on my milestone: I have officially lost 40lbs in 10 weeks!! Woohoo!! I had to share my excitement since a lot of you have supported me in my journey and I thank you very much.

That is awesome Sasha!!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Soy cheese

Just to clarify b4 I go shopping tomorrow...we can have soy cheese? I saw someone said that on one of the recipe threads, but I`m not for sure about it. Also, what is soya sauce, and can you get it at walmart? Are we not sposed to use soy sauce? Sorry lots of questions...I`m still learning all of this.
kjw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica in a week - what are your opinions on "carb blockers"?
In a word ... don't. Why mess with the finely tuned machine your body is?

You could easily do Phase 1 or Phase 2 at an all-inclusive. Although I'm happy with where I'm at, I have moments of regret about not continuing with Phase 1 to and through my Caribbean vacation in November. I could have done it so easily: a pudding shake or drink for breakfast; salad, veggies and a packet for lunch; fish, veggies & salad for dinner; then a snack in the evening.

Of course it depends, what part of the all inclusive you're referring to! I guess I should say you can easily do the FOOD; on Phase 1 or 2 you wouldn't get your money's worth of the the, ahem, included beverages.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
to quote ( multi quote) on the lower R hand corner is 3 symbols. the one with the +? the middle one is the one you click on. click on as many as you want then "post reply" and they all show up!

Thank you very much for your information, this newbie didn't know how to do the multi reply either.
Maggiemagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Has anyone come across a dry mix or additive to add while cooking some of our vegetables or dinners to add a "cheesy" taste or base to it? Just curious if there's any out there that's Phase I compatible like the IP Herb Omelet.
I know, right!? it seems like it would be so easy to have a packet that was like the cheese in a box of good ole kraft macaroni and cheese. i haven't found one yet and i've searched multiple sites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning to all of you!!

I just feel great today!! even though it's -20C here!! BRRRRR héhé!

I will drink more tea today..

Have a good day!
Where would we be without hot tea? if you like a rich, sweet and spicy delightful cup, try Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy. i get the decaf of course. it kills my sweet tooth, calms my nerves after i get home from work. i carry it in my coat pockets and purse. has saved me many many times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
For those of you lovely IP ladies whose rings are too big, I just read in a People Style Watch Magazine that there is a product called Luc-Co's clear glue that can re-size your ring in minutes and is supposed to last for months. Haven't tried it personally, but am thinking it may be a temporary fix until I hit goal. Thought I would share!
Thank you so much for this tidbit! I ten key all day and my rings spin and spin! Driving me crazy but who wants to resize until goal. I am going to try this product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
Hello everyone. I hope ya'll have had a good week-end. It's coooold here. I am wanting to do a colon cleanse. Does anyone know what to get and if a 3 day cleanse is better than like a 30 day slow cleanse?
A friend told me about a product called Colon X. said he never felt better than when he used this product. parasites out and all. i haven't googled it up yet but He researched it quite well and has used it twice. 2 tabs in the am, then a fiber drink and a tea at night i believe he said. i'll post more when i get all the accurate info.

Quote:
MrsDeitrich---the oatmeal cookies recipe is on page 1 of thread 1 of recipes.
i just bought proti diet oatmeal. cookie experiment to follow! sounds like a little bite of heaven, esp with the butterscotch!

Quote:
I have used carb blockers before- not sure how well they work, but they can cost alot! you could try stacking your carbs all into one meal or a 1-2 hour window, there by only creating one insulin response your body has to go through. you can slow down the carbs by adding protein and fiber. just stir up some plain psyllium husks in water, drink that down before you eat. imo it is as good of a carb blocker there is and cheap. psyllium is a common ingredient in some of the carb blocker products i've seen. check the labels. also by choosing to eat carbs earlier in the day when there is more activity, you would help the body clear the insulin by being active, more so than late in the evening. (unless of course you plan on dancing all night long! ) a trick i always used to maintain ketosis was having hard liquor vs. beer or sugary alcohol when i choose to drink. vodka, tequila, whiskey etc. with a no cal mixer. avoid schnapps, beer, wine, wine coolers etc. you still have to deal with the calories, but at least not the sugar. sounds so fun! enjoy!

I had a planned cheat this weekend, included alcohol and a few carbs. hope i burned it off skiing. or should i say i hope i burned them up falling and getting up mostly..... i'm 43 and it was my first time skiing. glad i didn't break anything! my new order of products came so i'm ready for Monday. back to the trenches! btw, i did maintain tho, at least according to the scale this morning...
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Cheese type sauce maybe?

http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_soup_mix.html

here is a link for a low carb cheese soup on netrition dot com. haven't tried it, but maybe a sauce of sorts for our veggies, chicken or fish? if anyone tries it let us know! it is 1 or 2 net carbs and 5 protein so not for use in phase one, but maybe occasional cautious use after?
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #134  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
I know it will be tough at the funeral but just remember what an incredible life your Uncle lived and how much he meant to you in teaching you so many things throughout your life.
Thank you! The funeral service actually went very well. It was very nice to reminisce with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
When I read your post I saw several differences in your post compared to the Ideal Protein protocol that I have followed. I know there are some differences made from one coach to another, but usually the basics are the same. So I pulled up the site you listed in your post and I found the same protocol on that site that I have followed. Phase 1 protocol is blue across the top of the page. Did your coach give you a printed phase 1 protocol sheet? In my opinion the the eating schedule and information you listed above is not correct.
May I clarify some of the issues you posted? You follow phase 1 till you loose 90% of your weight loss goal. Choose any ip product for breakfast, lunch or bedtime snack, but eat only 1 Ip restricted food and 2 unrestricted daily (if your coach allows you to eat a restricted food). The third packet is to be eaten at bedtime. Onions are the only veg. that is to be eaten raw. I hope I have helped and not confused you. I got my questions about phase 1 answered. I am on phase 2 now. At the present, I have questions about phase 3. I know this diet works. Judy
I can't find the original post about the protocol being questioned I hope you won't mind my using this. Please note, I am not responding to or correct Judy, I am just giving my two cents form my perspective. Thanks!

Just to note, the original guidelines for IP were to follow phase 1 until 70-80% of your weight goal had been lost. That was changed about 15 months ago by many coaches although some will still allow that as long as you spend more time on phase 2 and/or realize you may gain back weight before you have met your goal.

The 3rd packet as a snack can be eaten as either an afternoon snack OR as a bedtime snack but,the bedtime snack is preferred. It does however depend on someone's lifestyle and when they are most hungry.

I know, I probably created more confusion but, some of the answers are really dependent on the client, where they are starting from and what is predicted to work best to get them to there goal. To that end, coaches make modifications often without explanation as to why it will be different from someone else if they were to compare notes.

Quote:
Okay, I`ll admit I am very confused! Are the veggies only to be eaten raw? My paper doesn`t say anything about that, only that bell peppers are to be eaten cooked, and to eat onions raw, or only slightly cooked. My coach hasn`t said anything about this. I eat most of my veggies raw, in a salad, and I sometimes do a stirfry. So do I need to change how I eat the veggies?!
Veggies can be eat cooked or raw with the exception of onion which is to be raw or lightly cooked. You are doing fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
So sorry for your loss. Please know that I have you and your fmily in my prayers.

Keep up the good work! We both know you can do this, you are the best and know this program forward and back. ~ Pat
Thanks, Pat. I appreciate the sympathies. We are a very close knit family and it was good to be together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Sorry for your loss Carla, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. Congrats on the weight loss already and I have faith there will be a few more pounds gone by your weigh in on Monday. Take care.
Thank you! It was a very nice service and some of the stories that were shared brought big laughs. It was nice to be able to remember and laugh.

THANKS!! Thank you for the support and believing in me! I know I am in ketosis now. I actually was dreaming of food last night. Today had all the ketosis symptoms. It was so exciting. Even if this week is not a huge loss, I am happy to start any loss and I am happy to report I have completed seven days of totally IP eating. NO CHEATS. I did it! I started back up and I am back on track, even if that is a 2# a week track I am happy.

Quote:
I also want to say sorry for your loss. 90 is a good long life but that does make it any easier to say good bye.
Thank you Lady! You are right. Fortunately, I have had many family members that live as long as the late 80's or early 100's. It is so nice to be able to share so much of life with them. No matter when someone dies, young or old, you never feel like you had enough time with them if you loved or cared about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hi....

It's me the lurker again with another quick question. LOL.

As many hours as I've spent here just reading almost everything
I can about IP, and all of you sharing your wonderful insight (thank
you by the way)

So I've been trying to find a thread that covers life after phase 4, I'm trying
to remember if I've even seen one. Can somewhere share that info if anyone knows about it.

TIA

Hope everyone is having a happy IP night.

Showgirl, thoughts to you during this trying time, with the lost of your uncle. Bless his ♥.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

The above links are for people who were/are on phase 2/3/4 or beyond. There are many tidbits about all of those phases and especially phase 4 which is and becomes, maintenance.

Thank you for the condolences. I appreciate your taking time to say something.

Quote:
I just bought my first bikini and I wanted you guys to be the first to know about it!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! That must have made your weekend knowing you were ready and able to set that order and move to that goal!

Quote:
I am so sorry! Make sure though to celebrate his long life!!!
Thank you! We did have a wonderful service and then several hours reception at a family members house it was very lovely and comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Has anyone come across a dry mix or additive to add while cooking some of our vegetables or dinners to add a "cheesy" taste or base to it? Just curious if there's any out there that's Phase I compatible like the IP Herb Omelet.
In the seasoning and spices aisle you might find a seasoning blend by McCormick labeled parmesan herb seasoning. It is all 0/0/0 this is not a bad option. http://www.mccormick.com/Products/He...Seasoning.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Carla, So very sorry about your beloved uncle. I hope time with your family was of comfort to you. He must have been so proud of your progress and happy about you putting the effort in to become healthy! You've got some good genes there if he lived till 90! (((hugs)))
Thanks, Sally! It was really a good experience, given the circumstances. He was really proud and so complimentary. I do have good genes. My family lives on average to 95. Some us us have made 105 to 107!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Happy Weekend Everyone! I tried a great recipe the other evening for dinner and thought I'd post it for a new idea. I found it in the Whole Living magazine that I get. Yummy!

Grilled Beef Skewers with Zucchini and Mint (recipe calls for serving of rice which I made for my family but I served mine on a bed of spinach instead)
This sounded so good!!! I have to try it. I will probably put it over the faux rice (made from cauliflower). Have you tried that yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Went to my weigh in today and lost 5.8 pounds in two weeks (last week I was out of town). I am so very happy about that, especially since life has been stressful since mid-December.

Last weekend we went snowshoeing in Breckenridge and there would have been no way I could have done that last winter. ...
Congratulations on both the weight loss and the new exercise NSV! You are really doing great in so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
NSV! My neighbor was driving by today and did a double take, then backed up pulled in my driveway and said he didn't even recognize me! What a sweet guy it made my day!
That must have been a real fun moment for you! I know it is those little moments when others notice that really get me uplifted.

Quote:
While I was grocery shopping yesterday, I found myself looking at a lot of labels. Hubby was like... what are you doing? My response, I'm researching and learning!

Also, I was on a webpage last night, showing the carb contents of most veggies and a lot of different food, I found that very interesting. I know I can't post links here, but it had said that a tomato had 7 grams of carbs, and some of the IP veggies that must be consumed have more then that, so why are tomatos forbidden on Phase 1 & phase 2? (I think)

Happy Sunday everyone!
Good for you for researching!! I am like that. I HAVE to know! I love learning so the combination makes things work for me.

The reason that tomatoes are "occasional" use is twofold. One, according to Dr Tran, many people over eat tomatoes. If you say to use them freely, some people would only eat them every day. The second problem is the bigger issue and comes into play when we over eat tomato. Tomatoes are an acidic type of food. This diet is designed to help control the acidic level of our body. Using too much tomato would interfere with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Would love to know what other people buy for the IP plan at Whole Foods besides their meats, seafood, and veggies.
I buy my real salt, Braggs Amino Acids and Braggs apple cider vinegar, natural rice vinegar, cooking extracts, breath tonic spray, spry gum, frozen rhubarb, ****aki (miracle) noodles, seaweed noodles, fresh greens and vegetables, annies dijon mustard, Bubbies Pickles, westbrae mustard, flavored waters, tamari, sweet leaf flavored stevia liquid, tea, coffee, meat, and fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolieBug
2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!
I am so happy for you! That is such an amazing milestone and the excitement and relief you feel is overwhelming! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
I love Parmesian cheese and was wondering if I could use it on phase I. From your answer sounds like we can.

I like to Pound chicken until its thin, spray chicken with a little EVOO, and use parm cheese and other spices to coat the chicken. Cook under the broiler or very hot oven and it coats like a breading and tastes fantastic!!!
Some people have been told they can substitute 1oz a day instead of the skim milk provided it is 0carb. Just remember to use portion control and watch the fat content.

I have done like you with the chicken. It tastes very good. You can do the same with fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning peeps!

I think I may attempt some clothes shopping today. ...
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
I hope shopping went well for you. It is weird how things are sized and, it is weird how our body changes. I had things that fit me GREAT fat and then I became more fat, saved them for "when I lose those pounds", and when I got back to that size, I WAS SHAPED that way anymore! Things just didn't fit the same. Try lots of new things and designers. It is going to fun and surprising to find what works now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetHealthyShelley View Post
Whoo Hooo had my WI on Friday down 13.8 lbs and 12 inches in 3 weeks. I am feeling really good this week---I am amazed how easy it is to stick to this eating plan! My favorite food is cooked rhubarb with splenda --cooled and served on the IP vanilla pudding ---yummmmm! I sure have learned alot from this website---THANK YOU!!!!
Wonderful weigh in and results! Congratulations! I too like the rhubarb. Unless it is in season, I really have to look to find it at the grocery. I have only found it at whole foods, safeway, and Albertsons here in Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, it's only been a week, but it's been sheer sensory deprivation. The two and a half day trip through ****'s highlight was when I sat in Heathrow and the animals sat on a cold but somewhat protected dock in Berlin -- after traveling 9 1/2 hours without food or water and waiting patiently for 11 hours (without food or water) for me to arrive from England and go through all the bureaucracy it took to spring them. At 7:54, 6 minutes before the offices shut down. Nothing, nothing I can say about Continental Airlines (however mild) would pass the censor here.

So my son finally got the internet people to straighten out things about six hours ago and I've been reading threads ever since. I can barely keep my eyes open. No, no, not you. You all were scintillating. Well, most of you. Thanks, and thanks for the wonderful NSVs, great recipes, neat observations, super questions, and overall willingness to share.

Oh, and I only gained 8 pounds on the trip. Eight pounds!!!! I could scream. It's true I left my shaker in the dishwasher at home. But a great bartender in the Continental lounge showed me how to use a big glass, filled with water and packet, and a smaller glass wedged inside of it, mouth to mouth, to make a shaker. And yes, I stuck to the program as best I could and drank gallons of water. Anybody ever tell you that stress doesn't make you gain weight is lying through their teeth.

I love my new apartment and it's 11 foot high ceilings, and the double balcony with two french doors and windows that reach almost to the ceiling. It will be very bright if the sun ever comes out. Right now it's bitter cold and windy. OK, OK I can't compete with you guys in Manitoba. But it was 82F when I left Honolulu.

I can confirm an observation I've been building evidence about after 5 trips to Berlin. Berliners do not smile at people on the street. But my l-rd, they do some of the best double takes I've ever seen in my life if you're walking a Papillon with the word C U T E written in an arch over its ears.

Well, I'm glad to be back. I hope it shows.
I am so glad you are safely there! It is awful to hear about the pets and trials you went through. I am so glad you are all safe and sound now.

The apartment sounds LOVELY! I am so jealous. One of my favorite vacations was our time over there. I hope you enjoy all the time ahead of you with your family. I can't wait to hear about the opera and ballet! I loved seeing the Opera in Vienna. It really was a treat.

I want you to know you've been missed. Each day I kept looking for you to pop in and say hello. I was really missing your support and encouragement. I am so glad you are back!

Quote:

Actually I still consider myself a lurker (that is having a hard time
keep her fingers off the keyboard.. lol) I don't before one of you until
I sign the sheet stating that I am starting IP! That is my plan, I just want to wait until after my birthday (next month.) I am one of these crazy researchers, that has to read up on anything and everything I do. From IP, to choosing my standard poodle puppy, to choosing my car, to deciding which flowers to plant and where. Some would say that I'm OCD, hmm maybe they are right.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what you do once you have completely the IP program and have hit your goal weight, then what? Can you still buy packets? Do you still have to mow thru 4 cups of veggies? I guess the real question is... what is life like, after IP? Do posters come still come on a month, two months, three months after IP and post how they are doing?

I sure hope this makes sense.
OK.. I am really liking you!! I keep seeing things in common. From the dive reference to the love of dolphins, to the researching, to naming our cars (my Mercedes is named Blanche), to enjoying flowers, to having standard poodles and having OCD (highly likely! ) So, my current questions, do you only have one standard? I have 2. How long have you had yours? Male or female? Color? From where? Do TELL! I love them! They are my favorite breed of dog, although I have had others and appreciate many types.

To answer your questions, when you hit goal, you should be in phase 4. Phase 4 teaches you and becomes a way of eating for the rest of your life. Some people tweak it to be more compatible to their lifestyles. In a sense, there is no life after IP because you should be applying the principles and concepts learned and taught by IP to your life to avoid the behaviors that led to the original weight gain.

You can still by the packets and foods as supplements. You may buy them as many and as often as you like as dietary supplements. You decide how to use them. I know some people, thin to begin with, who choose to use them for themselves and families because of the quality and taste of the products.

Yes, posters do pop in, some more often than others, once they are in maintenance and do keep us up on what is happening. In general, people use the program to keep at goal and, if they drift during a holiday or vacation, to get back to where they want to be quickly and before things are out of hand again.

Quote:
This question is to those of you who have moved on to phase 2.

I am kicking around the idea of going into phase 2 even though I am not at my goal weight and I do want to lose more. about 7 lbs more.

I am finding with the hot yoga 3 or 4 days a week I want to "eat" more still the right kind of foods but I find myself wanting real food, protein that you can chew, for lunch and dinner. Thinking phase II 3 or 4 days a week and phase I the other days? Is that too "out there"? Carla, Linden, Svelting, Darbs,Rocky, et al........................
My opinion is you should still be doing phase 1. You get more protein out of the packets do the the higher bioavailability of the protein than you get from the real meats. If you want, you can add an extra snack made from real meat (eggs, chicken, fish) to satisfy the need to chew and to get in some extra protein.

Quote:
I feek like the scales is stuck! I`ve only lost 2 pounds this week, if that. I know that 2 pounds in 1 week is actually alot, and considered pretty good, but alot of you on here lose 3-5 pounds in a week. I`m only on my 2nd week, and lost 4 pounds the 1st week. Any ideas or tips that might help me? I try to always get my 4 cups of veggies a day, always drink at least 64oz water, sometimes forget to use all my salt, try not to overdo the oil, no restricted packets....any ideas?? Maybe I`m just too impatient and this is normal??!
I think you are doing splendidly. You lost more than 10% of your body weight this week! That is a wonderful and maintainable loss! At your weight, you should actually have closer to 80oz of water a day. They say a minimum level of water should be 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight (a rough gauge) so, you should be about 72 ounces at the minimum.

yes, this is normal.. Keep going! You are doing quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey everyone!

Hey Sasha!! WOO HOOO!! Look at you go! That is so wonderful. Keep up the good work!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #135  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Ok!! So, tired! Going to bed for today.

Here is the new link to the Monday, Jan 24, 2011 conversation.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3671576

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-24-2011 at 01:38 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote