Old 01-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #106  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Thanks Lady!

I have read so darn much here that I'm on information overload..lol.

I guess I will worry about life after phase 4, once I get close to being
there... I was really shocked to learn that a lot your tastes change
after being on IP for awhile, that sure has to be a bonus!!! I have been spending time in the recipe threads and what you guys do with veggies
is simply amazing!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

May all of you drop a few extra pounds this week!

Back up to the rafters for me.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I feek like the scales is stuck! I`ve only lost 2 pounds this week, if that. I know that 2 pounds in 1 week is actually alot, and considered pretty good, but alot of you on here lose 3-5 pounds in a week. I`m only on my 2nd week, and lost 4 pounds the 1st week. Any ideas or tips that might help me? I try to always get my 4 cups of veggies a day, always drink at least 64oz water, sometimes forget to use all my salt, try not to overdo the oil, no restricted packets....any ideas?? Maybe I`m just too impatient and this is normal??!
kjw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I feek like the scales is stuck! I`ve only lost 2 pounds this week, if that. I know that 2 pounds in 1 week is actually alot, and considered pretty good, but alot of you on here lose 3-5 pounds in a week. I`m only on my 2nd week, and lost 4 pounds the 1st week. Any ideas or tips that might help me? I try to always get my 4 cups of veggies a day, always drink at least 64oz water, sometimes forget to use all my salt, try not to overdo the oil, no restricted packets....any ideas?? Maybe I`m just too impatient and this is normal??!
It is not unusual for week 2 to be less than week 1. It does not mean you are doing anything wrong. When is your WI?
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #109  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
This question is to those of you who have moved on to phase 2.

I am kicking around the idea of going into phase 2 even though I am not at my goal weight and I do want to lose more. about 7 lbs more.

I am finding with the hot yoga 3 or 4 days a week I want to "eat" more still the right kind of foods but I find myself wanting real food, protein that you can chew, for lunch and dinner. Thinking phase II 3 or 4 days a week and phase I the other days? Is that too "out there"? Carla, Linden, Svelting, Darbs,Rocky, et al........................
I made the switch to Phase II before Christmas and I wasn't all that close to goal weight. I found I was losing just as much as using phase I (Xmas holidays and cheats not included) and really enjoyed the freedom of having more control over my meal choices. I just figure it is all part of the training program for real life eating after IP. I am still in Phase II and have 4 more lbs until goal weight. It works for me!
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #110  

Quote:

I am kicking around the idea of going into phase 2 even though I am not at my goal weight and I do want to lose more. about 7 lbs more.

I am finding with the hot yoga 3 or 4 days a week I want to "eat" more still the right kind of foods but I find myself wanting real food, protein that you can chew, for lunch and dinner. Thinking phase II 3 or 4 days a week and phase I the other days? Is that too "out there"? Carla, Linden, Svelting, Darbs,Rocky, et al........................
Given your exercise level, more food is probably a good idea. The hot yoga strength work is probably creating a breakdown/build muscle cycle. Marionm got some good advice about having an extra packet after her intense dance sessions. I wish there was a "spoiler tag" so that I could block this out so that people would have to do something to intentionally read it, but here goes. Some things I've read have indicated that the increased carbs of a restricted packet (even a 2nd one) after a workout would not be a problem and in fact might be a good post workout replenishment.

At this point and with the exercise, you might want to consider setting the scale aside for a bit and paying more attention to the measuring tape.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #111  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I get the organic tamari (soy sauce there), organic rice vinegar (0/0/0), flavored stevia, coconut, peppermint and orange extract (in the baking section), spry gum ( I know this is controversial so ask your coach), metro mint water (kind of fun), Bubbies Sauerkraut and Dill Pickles, Miracle noodles, Greek Olive Oil (whole foods- 365 brand), hot sauce, dried porcini and morel mushrooms, anchovy paste, canned sardines, capers, preserved lemons (for Moroccan cooking), mustard, teas (decaf chai, white tea, Moroccan mint etc), Braggs apple cider vinegar (I also get Braggs amino acid in a spray bottle - it is good in salad dressing - I only use a little and on pan seared chicken -- but a little goes aloooooong way), and occasionally I buy smoked mussels (they don't have them all the time) -- these are just some of the food things I like and get at Whole Foods - I love the seafood and meat guys at my whole foods - they happily answer all my questions and always tell me what is fresh. The fish guys always let me smell the fish before I buy it which I appreciate --Good luck and happy shopping
Wow thank you so much this is going to be so helpful the next time I head to Whole Foods. I appreciate this list you have no idea!

Thank you again
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #112  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Keep plugging along. 2lbs is great as is any loss! I consider myself a slow loser on this program and have never had a huge loss at any time. Usually anything from .5 - 1.5 or 2 lbs is about average for me. You also don't have a lot of weight to lose so factor that in too. Don't get discouraged...it just might take a bit longer than you had planned on.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #113  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiles View Post
I also live in Morris County and have been able to find Real Salt at Kings and Stop & Shop. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you don't happen to be shopping at Whole Foods when you find that you need it.

Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it. I miss Kings! They closed the West Caldwell one by me and the the Verona one isn't great.
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
2 Pounds is a great loss! I would say you're doing everything right!

Quote:

I have done great switching to Phase II

Last edited by Medicmom734; 01-23-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Given your exercise level, more food is probably a good idea. The hot yoga strength work is probably creating a breakdown/build muscle cycle. Marionm got some good advice about having an extra packet after her intense dance sessions. I wish there was a "spoiler tag" so that I could block this out so that people would have to do something to intentionally read it, but here goes. Some things I've read have indicated that the increased carbs of a restricted packet (even a 2nd one) after a workout would not be a problem and in fact might be a good post workout replenishment.

At this point and with the exercise, you might want to consider setting the scale aside for a bit and paying more attention to the measuring tape.
Thank you Svelting.
I do use an extra packet on yoga days. As for the scale I do not obess about it. It is more of a guide to me than anything. I have only lost about 8 lbs since Dec 1st but lost another complete pant size! yay
I think I will sorta phase II it this coming week and see how it goes. I can always go back to phase I!
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Thanks! I just got a new pair of earrings on Etsy and I wanted to take a picture of me with them on for the woman that made them. :-)
Love Etsy! And congratulations on your new swimsuit and new avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
NSV! My neighbor was driving by today and did a double take, then backed up pulled in my driveway and said he didn't even recognize me! What a sweet guy it made my day!
Woohoo that is a really nice NSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I get the organic tamari (soy sauce there), organic rice vinegar (0/0/0), flavored stevia, coconut, peppermint and orange extract (in the baking section), spry gum ( I know this is controversial so ask your coach), metro mint water (kind of fun), Bubbies Sauerkraut and Dill Pickles, Miracle noodles, Greek Olive Oil (whole foods- 365 brand), hot sauce, dried porcini and morel mushrooms, anchovy paste, canned sardines, capers, preserved lemons (for Moroccan cooking), mustard, teas (decaf chai, white tea, Moroccan mint etc), Braggs apple cider vinegar (I also get Braggs amino acid in a spray bottle - it is good in salad dressing - I only use a little and on pan seared chicken -- but a little goes aloooooong way), and occasionally I buy smoked mussels (they don't have them all the time) -- these are just some of the food things I like and get at Whole Foods - I love the seafood and meat guys at my whole foods - they happily answer all my questions and always tell me what is fresh. The fish guys always let me smell the fish before I buy it which I appreciate --Good luck and happy shopping
I wish I lived closer so you could be my chef! I live about an hour from DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I think I may attempt some clothes shopping today. It is so weird how sizes vary so much by style and store. I am still wearing some 18 pants to work, though they really do have baggy butt. I've been washing to try to shrink them, but they stretch out again pretty quick . I also have size 16 pants and jeans that fit nicely but are getting looser by the day.
I certainly haven't even attempted a size 12 much less 10. Yet I read here some of you getting into these sizes at approx my height and weight.
I need to buy a couple of things to tide me over the next month or so. But I can't wait to do some serious shopping for work clothes. I was happy to find out that we now have a Laura store here in Victoria. You gals in eastern Canada would probably be familiar with this chain. I LOVE their clothes. I used to shop at Laura II (big girls) stores in Ontario.
In about 3 weeks I'll be shopping for some summer stuff for Mexico, including a new swim suit - exciting stuff .
Such a good feeling buying clothes in smaller sizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Through doing IP I discovered that grains really don't agree with me; in fact, they seem to have been the source of any fart I ever produced. I've barely passed gas since starting on IP in early July 2010.
I agree with you about the fart situation! I also have not had indigestion once since starting IP. I used to take Gaviscon on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Oh, and I only gained 8 pounds on the trip. Eight pounds!!!! I could scream. It's true I left my shaker in the dishwasher at home. But a great bartender in the Continental lounge showed me how to use a big glass, filled with water and packet, and a smaller glass wedged inside of it, mouth to mouth, to make a shaker. And yes, I stuck to the program as best I could and drank gallons of water. Anybody ever tell you that stress doesn't make you gain weight is lying through their teeth.
LINDEN I am glad to see you posting again – and this time from Berlin, Germany. Have the animals recovered yet?

You will lose those 8 pounds in no time (hopefully) and yes I truly believe stress has caused those pounds.
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #117  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Today I went through all the pictures that I've used as my profile picture on Facebook for the last 4 years and something struck me. It just made me sad to look at myself, so much heavier, and to realize that I spent so many years accepting the status quo and living with it. How has that weight held me back for so long? Then again, before, I don't think that I was in a place where I was ready to let go of it. I am now!

Quote:
You should be drinking at least 100 oz. of water a day according to what I've read here. I know, it's a lot of water! The other thing is that as someone else said, you don't have as much to lose as other people do. The closer you get to your goal, the harder your body tries to hold onto that extra weight. If you are following the plan, relax. I know that it's frustrating (especially when you see other people throw up big numbers), but your body will do what is right for it. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Love Etsy! And congratulations on your new swimsuit and new avatar.
I love Etsy. I spend FAR too much money on there...
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #118  

Thanks for the encouragement on the stuck scales! I get worried that somehow I will mess this up, and I so do not want to do that. I don`t know how to quote like you do, but thankyou! I felt a little discouraged...plus my family is eating all this yummy food, and I`m...well, not!
Another question: if I made the oatmeal cookies on the recipe thread, could I eat them all for my breakfast, instead of just eating the oatmeal? Just trying to get some variety. Thanks so much!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #119  

Okay, just answered my question about the oatmeal cookies for breakfast...since there is 2 packets in them, no I can`t eat them all But I can divide them. Or is there a reason that I shouldn`t do that and just stick to eating the regular packets?? Will the 1/8cup of oatmeal mess something up?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone. I hope ya'll have had a good week-end. It's coooold here. I am wanting to do a colon cleanse. Does anyone know what to get and if a 3 day cleanse is better than like a 30 day slow cleanse?
Gabby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote