Old 01-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #31  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Oh my goodness I'm SO UPSET, I just drank a samll cup of hot chocolate!!! I was helping with an early morning polar plunge and I was freezing and working on a deadline to get all the plungers registered and on a list for the MC to read and I wasn't even thinking...OMG I'm seriously upset!!

Have I totally blowen it? I'm thinking if I drink a ton of water today maybe it will flush the sugar out..

Has anyone out there made a similar mistake? What did you do?
OK, stay calm, everything will be alright. At the beginning you will notice that you eat stuff without thinking. These slips happen. It's great that you noticed and I'm sure from now on it will not happen again. When I started I kept wanting to taste the food I was prepapring for my kids (rice, mashed potatoes... ) you get used to not tasting. Now my daughter is the "tester".

It's OK, drink the water, make sure you get back on track. It's really a good lesson and not the end of the world. breath, in and out, in and out.... there you go.
Josephine216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #32  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyiris View Post
After a challenging week of sporadic and long work hours I have a lost of only .2; however, I have lost a couple inches and my clothes are looser, especially my pants. I'm very pleased with my progress so far as this is a gradual and continual loss of inches and pounds. I hope you all have a good week.
Great job Wendyiris!

BTW... I really like the spreadsheet. I'm an engineer so I can appreciate a good spreadsheet HAHA.
Josephine216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Raw or not?!

Okay, I`ll admit I am very confused! Are the veggies only to be eaten raw? My paper doesn`t say anything about that, only that bell peppers are to be eaten cooked, and to eat onions raw, or only slightly cooked. My coach hasn`t said anything about this. I eat most of my veggies raw, in a salad, and I sometimes do a stirfry. So do I need to change how I eat the veggies?!
kjw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #34  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Back from Costco. For all of you that supplement IP with other product lines..Costco has the Premier protein shakes on sale right now. At least they are on sale in Alberta. Has anyone found the Premier Vanilla shakes in a Costco in Alberta? I keep asking but all they carry is chocolate.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #35  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals and guys, I'm on the fly here but I just had to share two things with you all!

1. IF you workout, (controversial topic, but much needed info) and suddenly start to feel very sleepy and start yawning, STOP and DRINK a protein shake! This means you're burning muscle, including possibly heart muscle!

2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!

Will catch up with the rest of you all later, just had to share!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #36  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful and successful Saturday! I won't be online today. I will check in late at night or on Sunday and see how things are.

Today I am attending my uncle's funeral service. He lived a wonderful 90 years and died very quietly in his sleep. It will be nice to see my cousins but, not nice to say goodbye to such a wonderful man.

I am approaching the end day 5 week one. So far so good! The scale is down 5.5 pounds YEAH!! I am happy. I weigh again on Monday so, fingers crossed I can get another pound or two.

Tonight I went shopping. It was nice to buy a dress and find it in a medium. I was far to used to being a XXL or 18/20. Tonight I was an 8/10! That is great considering after my initial IP weight loss I reached that size in July of this year! I did gain weight when I went on my break from Phase 1.. about 12 pounds and I did go up a bit in inches.. not much and inch or inch plus in a few areas. I am still in the same sizes though! That was a nice reassurance. I am hoping to lose about 30 pounds and be a size 6 by the end of March!

Well, here's to a great weekend everyone!!
So sorry for your loss. Please know that I have you and your fmily in my prayers.

Keep up the good work! We both know you can do this, you are the best and know this program forward and back. ~ Pat
hawndragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #37  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Hey gals and guys, I'm on the fly here but I just had to share two things with you all!

1. IF you workout, (controversial topic, but much needed info) and suddenly start to feel very sleepy and start yawning, STOP and DRINK a protein shake! This means you're burning muscle, including possibly heart muscle!

2. NSV!!!!! Went shopping for fun, and started in the Women's section with my "normal" size (24, 2X-3X), went down to a 22, then 20, then HAD to move to the misses sizes to get an 18! It fit perfectly. Three and a half weeks on IP, one with a pound gain (thank you TOM), and I'm down THREE sizes! Yes. I cried in the dressing room, as usual, but this time because I was so happy!

FANTASTIC!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations!
hawndragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #38  
Started IP 8/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Goodmorning Everyone. Hoping to have a great weekend, I find weekends tougher to drink all my water I almost need to set a timer to remind myself!
I usually drink my 64 oz.from 8-4 while at work. But no work on Sat and Sun and time can get away from me! Next thing I know its bedtime and I still have 2 bottles of water left to drink! I hate getting up in the middle of the night! numerous times lol!

The thing I love about the weekend is the omelette for lunch! A hot lunch YAY! (i eat 2 cups of raw cucumber slices mon-fri) Oh and the time to cook a really nice supper! Today...stuffed mushrooms and (insert ideas here)
Mmmm, stuffed mushrooms sound wonderful! Do you like ribs? My coach sends out a newsletter with recipes and tips, etc. and this week there was a recipe for Maple Glazed ribs, usingthe WF Maple Syrup. That's what I'm having! Oh yeah, and a Greek salad and broccoli. Most excited about the ribs, though
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #39  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
After a challenging week of sporadic and long work hours I have a lost of only .2; however, I have lost a couple inches and my clothes are looser, especially my pants. I'm very pleased with my progress so far as this is a gradual and continual loss of inches and pounds. I hope you all have a good week.
It is all a VICTORY -- I like your inches lost chart - I think those things are as important as a weight loss - so YIPEEEEEE for the inches lost!!!!!
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #40  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

Ahhhhhhh - happy tears in the dressing room - that is AWESOME - and I bet you looked fantastic in your new size -- Congratulations to you --I love happy tears - I am always grateful and touched by those moments
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #41  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Happy Weekend Everyone! I tried a great recipe the other evening for dinner and thought I'd post it for a new idea. I found it in the Whole Living magazine that I get. Yummy!

Grilled Beef Skewers with Zucchini and Mint (recipe calls for serving of rice which I made for my family but I served mine on a bed of spinach instead)
1 cup short grain brown rice,
2 cup water
3 scallions, thinly sliced
8 oz grass-fed sirloin steak, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2 zucchini, halved and cut into spears (I used 4 because I wanted more zucchini for myself)
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil - for drizzling
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1 lime cut into wedges for serving

1. bring rice and water to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 45 min, until tender. Let stand, covered for 5 min. Fluff w/fork and stir in scallions.
2. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat (I used my family sized George Foreman grill - which I LOVE). Thread beef on skewers. Season beef and zucchini with s & p and drizzle with oil. Grill, turning until cooked through and blackened in parts, about 6 - 8 minutes. Serve over rice. Top with mint leaves and red chile flakes.

Per serving: 275 calories; 1 g saturated fat; 2 g unsaturated fat; 43 g carb
(This includes the rice)

This was soooo good and I loved the lime juice and the chile flakes on top! It was quite filling and I think it would work with any type of steak or meat for that matter.

Enjoy!!
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Back from Costco. For all of you that supplement IP with other product lines..Costco has the Premier protein shakes on sale right now. At least they are on sale in Alberta. Has anyone found the Premier Vanilla shakes in a Costco in Alberta? I keep asking but all they carry is chocolate.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up do you know how long the sale is for? I also know of a few great spots to get some things. I live on an acreage between Devon and Spruce Grove. I will PM you.
Pegsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #43  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Awesome, thanks for the heads up do you know how long the sale is for? I also know of a few great spots to get some things. I live on an acreage between Devon and Spruce Grove. I will PM you.
Sorry I didn't pay attention to that little detail. I just grabbed a couple of cases on my way out. As always, Costco was busy! Thanks for the PM....looking forward to checking that out.

I live on an acreage just south of Leduc so we aren't really all that far away from each other!
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #44  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful and successful Saturday! I won't be online today. I will check in late at night or on Sunday and see how things are.

Today I am attending my uncle's funeral service. He lived a wonderful 90 years and died very quietly in his sleep. It will be nice to see my cousins but, not nice to say goodbye to such a wonderful man.

I am approaching the end day 5 week one. So far so good! The scale is down 5.5 pounds YEAH!! I am happy. I weigh again on Monday so, fingers crossed I can get another pound or two.

Tonight I went shopping. It was nice to buy a dress and find it in a medium. I was far to used to being a XXL or 18/20. Tonight I was an 8/10! That is great considering after my initial IP weight loss I reached that size in July of this year! I did gain weight when I went on my break from Phase 1.. about 12 pounds and I did go up a bit in inches.. not much and inch or inch plus in a few areas. I am still in the same sizes though! That was a nice reassurance. I am hoping to lose about 30 pounds and be a size 6 by the end of March!

Well, here's to a great weekend everyone!!
Sorry for your loss Carla, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. Congrats on the weight loss already and I have faith there will be a few more pounds gone by your weigh in on Monday. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Good morning everyone!
It is a balmy -41 here today!! BRR! I had my second WI last night, I am down another 6.4 lbs and 3.5 inches...that is a total of 12.6 lbs in 2 weeks. YAY for me and congrats to everyone else that is shrinking with me!
Way to go keep up the great job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Just weighed in this morning after completing my first week on Ideal Protein. I lost -6.8lbs, -0.9% Bodyfat, -1 BMI. I had a chance this morning to scroll though the recipes threads. Thank you so much for all of the info. This is what will keep me from falling off the horse and to stick to the program. Hoping to get in some snowmobiling today up here in Buffalo. Have a great weekend everyone.
Congrats Kevin great job!! Have fun snowmobiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Oh my goodness I'm SO UPSET, I just drank a samll cup of hot chocolate!!! I was helping with an early morning polar plunge and I was freezing and working on a deadline to get all the plungers registered and on a list for the MC to read and I wasn't even thinking...OMG I'm seriously upset!!

Have I totally blowen it? I'm thinking if I drink a ton of water today maybe it will flush the sugar out..

Has anyone out there made a similar mistake? What did you do?
Breathe, don't stress about it just drink your water everything is going to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good morning all!

Hope everyone is having a great day! It was a very cold -40 here this morning and there was steam coming from everything when I came to work.
I weighed this morning again, only because I am still in disbelief of my loss this week, and was down another .4!!!!! All this with a "surprise" TOM rearing its ugly head! LOL!

I am going to hold off on moving to Phase until next week. Try for the 140's before the vacation time.

Today, I am incredibly hungry for some reason. I have a headache, and am feeling dizzy. I am going to have an early lunch and see if that helps.

There are so many bugs going around right now, I am just hoping that I don't get sick!

Talk to you all soon!

Susan
Keep going Susan you are doing great

Quote:
Good job keep up the great work.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #45  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:

Whoop, whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
machbasy is offline   Reply With Quote