Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222.1/206.9/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
It also works well to use 12 oz. of cool (or room temp) brewed chai tea and mix it with the vanilla pudding mix. Yum! Or Oregon Chai makes a sugar free version of their chai concentrate (I found it at Wal-Mart in the tea/coffee aisle) and using 6 oz. of that and 6 oz. of water with the vanilla pudding mix makes a FABULOUS drink.
When you say to add the vanilla pudding mix, do you just add the mix by the spoonful until it's right for you, and save the remaining mix for the next time, or do you add the whole package and make a "venti"?
CC Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
It's a southern thing! Sweet tea isn't sweet tea unless it is made with sugar. LOL I do drink unsweetened iced tea with splenda, but I would never in a million years call that "sweet tea".
As another Southern girl- i totally agree! I call it Splenda tea I'm getting used to it, but I like plain old unsweetened iced tea too. I just can't get on the hot tea wagon....
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #18  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Sunshine View Post
When you say to add the vanilla pudding mix, do you just add the mix by the spoonful until it's right for you, and save the remaining mix for the next time, or do you add the whole package and make a "venti"?
I add the whole packet of powder - with the tea, it makes about 13 oz. of fluid. This tends to be my evening snack!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #19  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
The praline caramel tea is sugar free?
Quote:
It's a southern thing! Sweet tea isn't sweet tea unless it is made with sugar. LOL I do drink unsweetened iced tea with splenda, but I would never in a million years call that "sweet tea".
It is sugar free; I found it on Amazon. YES! It's a southern thing. I want some of my Aunt Connie's tea so much. I tried making it with stevia, but it wasn't the same. Maybe in the summer it'll be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Sunshine View Post
Quote:
I add the whole packet of powder - with the tea, it makes about 13 oz. of fluid. This tends to be my evening snack!
I add the whole package to my coffee every morning. (Make sure it's cold when you shake it or you will have a MASSIVE mess on you and everything else.) I do 8 oz. coffee, 3 oz. water, and one packet of vanilla pudding (mix or instant work well, as does butterscotch), a packet of stevia, some hazelnut or caramel syrup, then pour half into a coffee cup and microwave for about a minute. It's better than my caramel macchiato (sp?) from Starbucks!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #20  

test
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
It is SOOOOOOO good - I haven't seen the SF boxes anywhere else than Wal-Mart. My grocery stores don't carry them. But using their concentrate lets you get that stronger Starbucksy chai taste. Mmmmmm...... Maybe I'll have that for breakfast...
I bought some today at Fred Meyer in the health food section. FYI
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #22  
Byrdling

My favorite is a double strength cup of Pomegranate Pizza tea (herbal) mixed with the IP chocolate drink powder. It is great hot or over ice. For more volume, mix the tea with a premade chocolate drink.

Last edited by Byrdling; 01-24-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Byrdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/218/150

Height: 5.5

Amazing tips for a newbie on IP !!! Thanks
oreilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #24  
Re-Start for the Last 20

S/C/G: 230/195/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Davinci has syrup in a bottle that is splenda sweetened Chai tea. A good measure of that in the IP vanilla RTD and water to bring it to the consistency you like and you have a D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S chai tea latte that rivals Starbucks....well maybe not but WOW! My breakfast most working days. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!
Amazon has it for $11. I go to my local Cash-n-Carry restaurant supply grocer (that allows general public) to buy all my flavored syrups cheaper.

Last edited by Gentlehyena; 03-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Gentlehyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #25  
Re-Start for the Last 20

S/C/G: 230/195/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Pizza Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdling View Post
My favorite is a double strength cup of Pomegranate Pizza tea (herbal) mixed with the IP chocolate drink powder. It is great hot or over ice. For more volume, mix the tea with a premade chocolate drink.
"Pomegranate Pizza Tea" ? with chocolate? hmmmmm... not feeling it. Would have to be realllllly desperate for a pizza to try that! LOL!
I know you meant Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz !! But it did catch me off guard at first!! HEE HEE!
Gentlehyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am so glad to see this thread! I am a newbie too and I LOOOOVE tea! I occasionaly enjoy a nice white tea with strawberries in it that I was going to give up while doing IP but now I guess I don't have to, which is great news to me!

I mostly enjoy teas from David's Tea. My favorite is The Skinny (Chinese Oolong with Puer'eh, ginseng and ginger). I usually have a big cup after supper every night! I will continue to do this while on IP.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote