Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #1  

Question Sugar free coffee creamer

Thank you all for all your great information and advice.

I remember reading some posts about half n half and fat free creamers but didn't see where the sugarfree creamers were ok on IP. I just wanted to make sure this was okay before I start using it on a daily basis. I used a sugar free creamer I've had in the fridge this morning. It has 0 sugars, 1 carb, 15 cals, 1.5 g fat. is this ok?

thanks,
Stacey
staceymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #2  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymr View Post
Thank you all for all your great information and advice.

I remember reading some posts about half n half and fat free creamers but didn't see where the sugarfree creamers were ok on IP. I just wanted to make sure this was okay before I start using it on a daily basis. I used a sugar free creamer I've had in the fridge this morning. It has 0 sugars, 1 carb, 15 cals, 1.5 g fat. is this ok?

thanks,
Stacey
I was told this is not a good option from my coach -- as I understand it, the diet has as much to do with carb count as it does with changing body chemistry, habits and tastes. There are certain ingredients that elicit chemical responses in the body (such as aspartame) that make it difficult to change the body chemistry and to slow down the pancreas - keep in mind this diet is about both loosing weight and slowing down the pancreas - each of those items is equally important - we spend lots of time on this site talking about weight loss but in truth without slowing down the pancreas to let it "rest" we may have a more difficult time when we transition back to "normal" eating. Some of us use the Vanilla RTD (ready to drink) as a creamer substitute which most coaches allow (and don't make us count as a packet unless we use the whole thing)- use it like you would your creamer. I also like to make "breakfast in a cup" because I am lazy and I have a teething infant at home -- I use the entire Vanilla or Chocolate RTD which I warm up and add to my esspresso shots in the morning - it is like drinking a vanilla latte or a mocha. (I have even done this with the powdered chocolate drink and a watered down chocolate or vanilla pudding depending on what I have). The truth is by cutting our calorie consumption as much as we do we are going to lose weight (I think this diet gives us between 800-900 calories a day) but it is what we do to our bodies that determines if we can keep that weight off (i.e.not loosing muscle while loosing fat, resting the pancreas etc) which I think (although I am not any where near this phase) is as big of a factor in this diet as the loss itself. This is all a huge learning process so I wouldn't worry too much about the creamer you used today but I would encourage you to talk with your coach to see what they say. Good luck - this diet really is a health changer and has produced some amazing results as seen/ shared by the people on this site (no more blood pressure meds, off diabetes medications, weight loss, increased energy)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

I have been using a Tbsp of half in half in my coffee in the morning....I guess I'll have to see if it has been affecting my weight loss when I go for my WI tonight. I may pick up some RTD while I am at the clinic and try it in my coffee!

Last edited by Hollmark; 01-21-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I wouldn't use the creamers. Instead, get a rtd shake at your clinic today or a vanilla pudding. Use it as the creamer. Using sugarfree chemicals is not helping you and is adding unnecessary oil and fat. If you were going to add back fat wouldn't you prefer it to be some extra olive oil for cooking?

Use skim milk instead of 1/2 and 1/2. 1/2 and 1/2 has both fat and carbs at levels more than skim.

So, you spent week one learning. I did the same thing. I ate root veggies multiple times in the week and had tomatoes each day. I still lost 9 pounds. (granted I was still 50 pounds heavier than you are now!) I am just saying, you will have lost something. And, next week will be better.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #5  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the info regarding flavored for coffee. I cannot drink my coffee without some sort of flavoring. I switched from coffee to the flavored teas (staying away from the fruit or berried flavors as I was told that there are no fruits allowed on Phase I). Peppermint tea has been my new coffee in the mornings.
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #6  

I didn't think I would be able to go without my candy coffee in the morning when I started IP. I thought, "getting rid of sugar's and my coffee??" Well now I just use RTD and some WF caramel sauce or some Sugar Free coffee flavorings (just a splash) and it is really good. I don't want to go back to my old candy coffee now knowing what the #'s are on it now. Try it! You'll find all sorts of things change while on IP...for the better. Good luck and Welcome!
AmyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/232/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
I didn't think I would be able to go without my candy coffee in the morning when I started IP. I thought, "getting rid of sugar's and my coffee??" Well now I just use RTD and some WF caramel sauce or some Sugar Free coffee flavorings (just a splash) and it is really good. I don't want to go back to my old candy coffee now knowing what the #'s are on it now. Try it! You'll find all sorts of things change while on IP...for the better. Good luck and Welcome!
mmm that sounds good!
dollarnme is offline   Reply With Quote