Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1  
in need of help!

Default gained weight

Day 2...and I have gained 2 pounds. Whats the deal??? I have been doing everything...except perhaps drinking enough water. I drink at least 2 litres. I am working my way up. Has anybody else gained the first days?
gigi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

It might be water retention, my weight fluctuate a lot because of that, if for some reason my salt intake is a little higher than I thought bam it hits me. When this happens I increase my intake of potassium and that helps my body process the water and salt.

I would be surprised that you consumed an extra 7000 calories in two days and that is what you would need to gain. To loose one pound you need to have a calorie deficit of 3500 and loosing one pound a week is often the average.

Dont put too much importance on what the scale is showing, it is only a guideline that is affected by too many things. How you feel in your clothes is a good way of knowing how you are progressing.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Hang it there! the scale will go down. really try to get in your water, and take your supplements. Make sure to weigh the first thing in the morning each time as well. Otherwise your weight will fluctuate for sure. I would say weigh only once a week, but i could NEVER do that either. Stick to the program, and I'm sure by the end of this week, your scale will show a loss!!!
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #4  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1023 View Post
Day 2...and I have gained 2 pounds. Whats the deal??? I have been doing everything...except perhaps drinking enough water. I drink at least 2 litres. I am working my way up. Has anybody else gained the first days?
Don't get discouraged, my coach told me the sometimes you loose inches before you loose a lot of weigh. You may try drinking lots of water. I know there were a couple of days I didn't drink as much water and I noticed I gained a little weight. Just keep going with the program, last week I didn't loose much but I lost inches everywhere. The program works!
Lilly0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #5  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1023 View Post
Throw the scale away!! Seriously you can sabatoge your hard work. Sticking to the program you will see the results, this program works.
I used to get on that dreaded scale many times a day, it would read different every time. Then my mind would go into overdrive and I would make stupid decisions because of what I seen on that scale.

When I started on IP I threw my scale away and never looked back. I weigh in once a week at the IP office and it is wonderful.

You can do it!
smileylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #6  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

[QUOTE=gigi1023;3662217]Day 2...and I have gained 2 pounds. Whats the deal??? I have been doing everything...except perhaps drinking enough water. I drink at least 2 litres. I am working my way up. Has anybody else gained the first days?[/QUOTEk]

Keep drinking your water - you are shocking your body and I suspect it is holding on to fluid while it adjusts to the shock. It will get better - I know it is easier said than done but trust the program (and follow it 100% including taking your salt, oil, supplements, packets, veggies and lettuce) it will work - I am the queen of skeptics and I was sure I would be one of those that for whatever reason could not lose weight on this program (I had failed at so many) - but I kept with it and within a week I lost more weight than I had in 2 months at WW -- IT WILL WORK (said with enthusiasm)--you will lose weight all of us here are proof of that
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

YES!

Gigi, I am on day three of my second round at IP. BOTH TIMES I gained wait on day two. My first time, I still lost 9 pounds in a week. I am hoping for at least 4 this time.

Don't worry about the daily fluctuation. If you are following the plan, once you are in ketosis and not starving yourself, you will be burning fat. I weigh everyday. I just don't pay attention to the number except for the same one day a week.

I like to weigh because it tells me what my body is doing overall. We have lots of complex reactions taking place. If you don't get in your salt, if you don't take your supplements, and if you get too little water your body may lose slowly or gain. If you eat processed foods (bacon, ham, canned tuna high in sodium, lunch meats, pepperoni, salami, etc) you will retain water. If you are close to your menstrual cycle you will fluctuate a little.

There are many reasons to change weight quickly but, unless you eat 3500 calories you can't gain a pound over night. So, to gain many pounds you would need multiples of those amounts of calories. NOT possible if you are following the diet.

Just wait, keeping doing what you should. Over the week, it will correctly level out.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Throw the scale away!! Seriously you can sabatoge your hard work. Sticking to the program you will see the results, this program works.
I used to get on that dreaded scale many times a day, it would read different every time. Then my mind would go into overdrive and I would make stupid decisions because of what I seen on that scale.

When I started on IP I threw my scale away and never looked back. I weigh in once a week at the IP office and it is wonderful.

You can do it!
I agree with smileylisa, I don't step on the scale at home. You will drive yourself crazy! We have WI for a reason...use your money wisely and use your coache's scale, that's what we paid the consultation fee for!!
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote