Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Different coaches give different information.

What does your coach -- not your friend in training -- say about this?

My take (for what it's worth )
It's not as if you're loading up at the nearest bakery for the flour-sugar-fat 'splosion/treat. If 30 calories of lean protein at 10:30 am help you follow the program the rest of the day, I say
"DO IT!"

IMO it's ideal to comply with the principles and the specifics of the program. If you have to choose between strong hunger and compliance with the whole program, your hunger will win out. You will eat, it's the design of the human body. Better to have something that's "coloring outside the lines a little" than going "off the page!"

Another perspective:
Egg whites or another package MAY slow down your weight loss **A LITTLE**.
Getting hungry and carb-ing it up DEFINITELY WILL slow your weight loss.
Getting hungry and not eating in response to it is a virtual GUARANTEE to affect your metabolism negatively.
Thank you for that. it all makes perfect sense to me! For example, right NOW I am NOT hungry.... usually I am in the afternoon..... you asked what my coach says, well I dont have one..never did. It was this freind who has had success on the program and introduced me to it, as I was so DESPERATE, I was ready to go for a 'lapband' consultation !!!!!!! imagine! I am so thankful she introduced me to this. But there were some bits of info missing.... for example.....oil. I was not told I need to take in oil...... EVOO. Not till I read it here, and even now... i find it hard to remember to do this. As a result, Carla thinks I am missing fat that is why I have random cravings of peanut butter. I love this site, and all the information I am gathering from it. I will keep those egg whites in the fridge here at work... and only use them if the hunger strikes. THANK YOU
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #62  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I was wondering, where do you get the motivation to do the diet?
Is it a before picture, a future vacation, health issues, because you want to feel good about yourself?!

I try to imagine myself thin and it works! But I think I need more than just that to keep me going...not that I want to quit or anything because I would ***hate*** myself for SURE.

So what helps you keep on going everyday and choosing certain things over something else???
My motivation is fitting into clothes that I have saved from my skinny days that I'm starting to fit into now and going to the store and not shopping in the Mature Woman section
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Hope everyone is having a great day! I am 2 days from WI and down 3 pounds this week already! I am pretty stoked about that.
I started Phase 2 this week, and will start Phase 3 on Monday. I am phasing off before my vacation, as I don't want to get sick when I'm away, and anytime I have overindulged, I get very nauseous and ill. Not the way I wanna spend my vacay! I am losing like hotcakes on Phase 2, so this is good. Maybe I will hit 10 pounds before I leave instead of 5!
I am posting a picture that I took this morning, only because I only have my skivvie pics on the mini goal! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02841.JPG (45.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
so i asked the question here re: egg whites... the mix i use is 0/0/1. 30 calories. I eat at like 0630 - 7am in the morning (IP product) so by 10 or 1030 I am hungry! so have started to take the egg whites. NOW i am told that its wrong!!!!!!
So here's kind of a weird NSV - we changed coaches yesterday and it is SO AWESOME. Yaaay for Ben (new coach)!! (Booooo for unnamed old coach.) I told my husband it seemed like she could just be selling Mary Kay - no information, no encouragement, no good support - just a cranky attitude. NOT what we needed. The new coach is totally informative and so "into it." He took tons of time with us - he and my husband chatted at lenght about hard-boiled eggs! So I definitely am celebrating that. I see a lot of of posting about non-helpful coaches - I say SWITCH! (if you have others in your area). You deserve somebody great to help you along the way!

In reference to the egg question above, I agree with the other posters - do it! Our new coach says he tells all his folks to eat a hard boiled egg before bed - extra protein to get you through the night. I don't have a problem with being hungry in the mornings, and I'm not a huge hard-boiled egg fan, so I won't do it, but it underscores that a little extra protein is not necessarily a horrible thing.

Also, CheekyWit - you GOTTA post that Pesto Stuffed Chicken recipe in the recipe sticky. It looks incredible! I can't wait to try it.

DH and I are in Week 3 and both down 12 lbs. Loving it. We are eating so well. And I think a big part of what makes me so enthusiastic about this diet is reading this forum every day (and a lot of nights too). What great support. Thanks so much, everybody!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #65  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all fellow IP'ers. I have a NSV, this morning I was able to comfortably fit into size 40 jeans from size 42 and I am now on the last hole on my belt. Felt nice to see some shrinkage. It is incredible, I am only 10 days into the program and will have my second WI tomorrow.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great day.
Isn't it a great feeling! That's so awesome! I just bought a new pair of pants last night, and I bought them in the normal size people section!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaC View Post
So here's kind of a weird NSV - we changed coaches yesterday and it is SO AWESOME. Yaaay for Ben (new coach)!! (Booooo for unnamed old coach.) I told my husband it seemed like she could just be selling Mary Kay - no information, no encouragement, no good support - just a cranky attitude. NOT what we needed. The new coach is totally informative and so "into it." He took tons of time with us - he and my husband chatted at lenght about hard-boiled eggs! So I definitely am celebrating that. I see a lot of of posting about non-helpful coaches - I say SWITCH! (if you have others in your area). You deserve somebody great to help you along the way!

In reference to the egg question above, I agree with the other posters - do it! Our new coach says he tells all his folks to eat a hard boiled egg before bed - extra protein to get you through the night. I don't have a problem with being hungry in the mornings, and I'm not a huge hard-boiled egg fan, so I won't do it, but it underscores that a little extra protein is not necessarily a horrible thing.

Also, CheekyWit - you GOTTA post that Pesto Stuffed Chicken recipe in the recipe sticky. It looks incredible! I can't wait to try it.

DH and I are in Week 3 and both down 12 lbs. Loving it. We are eating so well. And I think a big part of what makes me so enthusiastic about this diet is reading this forum every day (and a lot of nights too). What great support. Thanks so much, everybody!!!
Thank you for that.... getting a lot of good 'press' on this subject. And just fyi...its the liquid in a carton 'egg whites'.... so 0 fat 0 sugar and 1 carb for 1/4 c serving.... I took 3/4 cup.......... then at noon had my subway veggie salad and IP pudding and only now.........starting to get growlies... (one hour from departing work) and I can handle that! thanks everyone!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #67  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Isn't it a great feeling! That's so awesome! I just bought a new pair of pants last night, and I bought them in the normal size people section!
It is! Congrats to you as well.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 323/323/230

Height: 6'2"

I'm 8 days into the program and I had my first WI today. I started at 327 and I'm down to 314 for a total of 13 lbs. My coach is super fired up but I'm staying reserved because I know it will taper off. I won't complain a bit if I can keep up a 1.5 lb loss per day!

Is it just me or does this diet strengthen your sense of smell? I can smell a cheeseburger from a mile away now
Old 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #69  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaC View Post

This is so true! I have AWESOME coaches at my clinic. I couldn't imagine trying to do this without them, or even worse, with a negative nelly, useless coach.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #70  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydogs View Post
I'm 8 days into the program and I had my first WI today. I started at 327 and I'm down to 314 for a total of 13 lbs. My coach is super fired up but I'm staying reserved because I know it will taper off. I won't complain a bit if I can keep up a 1.5 lb loss per day!

Is it just me or does this diet strengthen your sense of smell? I can smell a cheeseburger from a mile away now
Congrats! My husband lost over 13 pounds his first week too.

All food smells so good to me now!

Speaking of food, there are very few veggies on this plan that I like. I'm pretty much living off of baby spinach, cucumbers, and dill pickles, which is OK, but I would like a little more variety. I tried last night to broaden my horizons by making cauliflower rice - GAG!! I'm trying kale chips next. I'm keeping my figures crossed.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #71  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Weigh in #3 today! Down 6 pounds from last week, making a total of 15 in three weeks! It took me from July to December to lose 10! So my total loss is 25! Yeah, buddy!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #72  
Losing in West Virgina

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
This diet and loosing weight has helped me to realize that I CAN be the fit young gal that I want to be! I have always wanted to do a triathlon and I have decided that this is the year! June 4th, 2011 is the date. I am hoping to reach my weight loss goal before then and have this be my motivation to keep the weight off.

I have a friend who did this triathlon last year and she wants me to do it with her this year. Hoping this will be a help also.

Have a great IP day!
That is great, I am also loosing the weight and have a goal to do a triathlon in July. Which one are you doing? Are you able to do any training for the triathlon?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

I know it was asked in other treads, but I didn't see an answer.. How exactly will you know when you enter ketosis???
Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Hello all!!!
Day 5, and I feel GREAT!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 323/323/230

Height: 6'2"

Machbasy,

Did his weekly loss decrease very much?

Last edited by baydogs; 01-19-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread