Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #121  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
I know it was asked in other treads, but I didn't see an answer.. How exactly will you know when you enter ketosis???
I have seen strips at the pharmacy that can indicate ketosis by a urine test. That is the only way I've heard of.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
I have seen strips at the pharmacy that can indicate ketosis by a urine test. That is the only way I've heard of.
A few posts back, Carla has a tonne of info about ketosis and how you know, just scroll back a page or two and its there!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #123  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Medicmom734, I love your new avatar picture. You look so cute!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #124  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammers View Post
So Happy! Weigh in #19 puts me into ONEderland!!! I had a loss of 5.4lbs today for a grand total of 69.3lbs. I am currently doing a happy dance
That's AWESOME!!!! keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I must confess I have been lurking this week! Everyone does such a great job congratulating each other I feel like saying ditto for every post! WI #3 was Monday and I lost 4 more of those pesky boogers!!! YEAH ME! So excited. People are starting to notice the difference and my clothes are getting baggy! Can't believe it! I feel like I have found the elusive and mythical fountain of youth! Took long enough! But now I will forever know the secret! Congrats to all of us for great losses and NSVs. And thanks to all who share their ups and downs (and very motivating pictures!). Nice to know I am not alone on this crazy adventure! Oh yeah... and I got my ticker... guess I am not a newbie anymore! LOL.
Congrats and keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Congrats to everyone on your NSV's and the weight loss! I love reading all the posts cause it helps me to know that i'm not the only one that can be an over thinker.
I weighed in last night and lost 3 pounds I did officially switch to my "weigh-in outfit" so it could have been a little bit of a higher loss from getting out of the jeans but I'm not gonna focus on that!
Way to go keep up the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Wow everyone is doing so well. It has me excited for my WI on Friday. Feeling the good vibes from all of you. So awesome to see all the weight loss. For those that feel like they are "slow loosers" you should not feel that way at all. Think of it this way.... it could have been a gain... so try to stay positive.
Well said and good luck on Friday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
.. Made it to weigh-in today despite the icy mess outside......

Week #8...down 4lbs !! YAY !!! I have revised my 'goal' wt now that I have hit my 1st goal !!
I got measured as well, and although I forget all the numbers, I have evenly lost inches everywhere !!

Congrads on all the great losses and NSV's !!! HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!
That is great keep up the great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machbasy View Post
WI#18, lost 2.2 for a total of 39.2.

I now weigh what I did when I got pregnant for my 1st child who will be 13 next month.

Edited to correct wrong WI#. 18 not 14.
Awesome !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I was wondering, where do you get the motivation to do the diet?
Is it a before picture, a future vacation, health issues, because you want to feel good about yourself?!

I try to imagine myself thin and it works! But I think I need more than just that to keep me going...not that I want to quit or anything because I would ***hate*** myself for SURE.

So what helps you keep on going everyday and choosing certain things over something else???
My 2 kids because they need their dad healthy and to stay around for a while longer.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #125  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm824 View Post
After a tough 2nd week, I am thrilled to say WI 2 was a surprise. I lost another 7 pounds. My 2 week total is.... 15 pounds! Are you kidding me??? All the times I joined WW I never had a 15 pound weight loss in 2 weeks. Do you see me doing the happy dance?
good for you! Keep it up!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Medicmom734, I love your new avatar picture. You look so cute!
Thanks! Since I actually got out of my pjamas today and am not in a uniform, and someone commented on the difference of me in real clothes, I thought I better take a picture! ;-P
Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #127  
IP Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLaC View Post
DH and I are in Week 3 and both down 12 lbs. Loving it. We are eating so well. And I think a big part of what makes me so enthusiastic about this diet is reading this forum every day (and a lot of nights too). What great support. Thanks so much, everybody!!!
This is awesome keep up the great work you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydogs View Post
I'm 8 days into the program and I had my first WI today. I started at 327 and I'm down to 314 for a total of 13 lbs. My coach is super fired up but I'm staying reserved because I know it will taper off. I won't complain a bit if I can keep up a 1.5 lb loss per day!

Is it just me or does this diet strengthen your sense of smell? I can smell a cheeseburger from a mile away now
great job keep up the great work and stay away from the cheeseburgers lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Weigh in #3 today! Down 6 pounds from last week, making a total of 15 in three weeks! It took me from July to December to lose 10! So my total loss is 25! Yeah, buddy!
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
All right, so this is working just fine!

Today was weigh-in #3 down another 5lbs. Twenty-three pounds in three weeks works for me!

Ha, I qualified for my ticker in my signature too! So I'm feeling like part of the club.

I also found out, my coach told me in Maintenance it was required to splurge one day a week, followed by a Phase I day to shock the body some. She did say, "you may choose not to though" with kind of a look. So, I guess I don't have to completely say good-bye to somethings forever. Let's get to maintenance!
Congrats keep up the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaSchueller View Post
Have been struggling with cheating here and there but today at my weigh-in I found I lost 3 pounds and half an inch everywhere but my chest, and that my bp was 112/62. I've been on this diet just over 3 months (since October 15). As of today's weigh-in I've lost 42 pounds, 7 inches in my chest, 5 in my waist, 5 in my hips, 1.5 in my arms, and 2 in my thighs.
AWESOME !!!!!!!

Quote:
After a tough 2nd week, I am thrilled to say WI 2 was a surprise. I lost another 7 pounds. My 2 week total is.... 15 pounds! Are you kidding me??? All the times I joined WW I never had a 15 pound weight loss in 2 weeks. Do you see me doing the happy dance?
I see you doing the happy dance and I am doing it with you.

Quote:
WI today - down 2.2 lbs. I've lost a total of 41 lbs in 15 weeks. I was so excited to break through the 40 lb mark. I feel like I've been in the 30s forever! (Or you know, 4 weeks... I hit 32 lbs on 12/23). This has energized me for another week - I'd really been feeling burned out this last week.

Way to go Mrs. Diettrich !!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hi all!
Hope everyone is having a great day! I am 2 days from WI and down 3 pounds this week already! I am pretty stoked about that.
I started Phase 2 this week, and will start Phase 3 on Monday. I am phasing off before my vacation, as I don't want to get sick when I'm away, and anytime I have overindulged, I get very nauseous and ill. Not the way I wanna spend my vacay! I am losing like hotcakes on Phase 2, so this is good. Maybe I will hit 10 pounds before I leave instead of 5!
I am posting a picture that I took this morning, only because I only have my skivvie pics on the mini goal! LOL!
You look so good! Just wanted to say!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Default Bad Day

Well, I really screwed up today... It very a very busy day at work! I had my breakfast at 8:30am (orange drink), my lunch at 1:30pm (chocolate drink and veggies) and then I worked until 7:00pm, not getting my 3rd protein package in for a snack and didn't get supper until 8:00pm (Hamberger and veggies). I barely drank any water, so here I am trying to down it all before bed. I also forgot to take half my pills through the day. Tomorrow is another day so I will just try my best to get back no track.

I am planning on taking my prepared Chocolate pudding to work so I have something on hand for those late work nights, but if this was to happen again, would it have been better for me to have my third protein package tonight for supper rather than my hamberger that I had?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok I'm back from Vacation and back in the grove of things...
I had a great time with my new body and enjoyed wearing
some new outfits...the luau was incredible and I had a great dress
to wear..which my husband loved...
I weighed in today and I'm down another 2 lbs...yeaaaaaa
I'm very excited..and look forward to seeing how many lbs I can removed before Valentines day...
:s umo:
Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
Well, I really screwed up today... It very a very busy day at work! I had my breakfast at 8:30am (orange drink), my lunch at 1:30pm (chocolate drink and veggies) and then I worked until 7:00pm, not getting my 3rd protein package in for a snack and didn't get supper until 8:00pm (Hamberger and veggies). I barely drank any water, so here I am trying to down it all before bed. I also forgot to take half my pills through the day. Tomorrow is another day so I will just try my best to get back no track.

I am planning on taking my prepared Chocolate pudding to work so I have something on hand for those late work nights, but if this was to happen again, would it have been better for me to have my third protein package tonight for supper rather than my hamberger that I had?
As far as having a burger or a packet, i suppose a coach who is selling the ideal protein packets would encourage you to use the packets......it keeps you buying the product which keeps money changing hands. I tend to believe that we have to learn to incorporate real foods into our eating programs. Also if you look at the material by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh, he says "protein" or "measure of protein" equaling 15-20 grams each. So I wouldn't stress over it- choose according to what sounds appealing. I have been substituting between brands, packets and real foods with great success. (14 pounds in 16 days ) It just takes a little more work to make sure your numbers are right. Gotta love the pre-measured packets tho, so convenient and no room for error!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #132  
IP Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I'm very excited..and look forward to seeing how many lbs I can removed before Valentines day...
Thats awesome welcome back from your vaction and keep up the great work.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

The talk about the sense of smell...........
I have noticed that too. I live in the land of Tim's cascade chips and Starbucks.
Driving down the freeway (167 for those of you who are familiar with the area) i smell the cooking of Tim's Cascade chips during the day and Starbucks roasting their coffee beans when I drive home from work after midnight. smells wonderful.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #134  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
WI today - down 2.2 lbs. I've lost a total of 41 lbs in 15 weeks. I was so excited to break through the 40 lb mark. I feel like I've been in the 30s forever! (Or you know, 4 weeks... I hit 32 lbs on 12/23). This has energized me for another week - I'd really been feeling burned out this last week.
Congratulations!! You are having such a great week You got your surgery and you got to break a milestone. I bet you feel great!

I also am answering your other question in my next "catch up" post. I saw a few things from Monday and Tuesday that were not responded to as well.

Quote:
ShowgirlAZ- You are amazing! I LOVE that you take time to answer each and every post. So, so, so thoughtful!!!
AWW Shucks! Thanks. I try but don't succeed everyday. If I see other people have been responding or I can't give a better answer, I may not catch a post but, I try to get to everyone if possible or at least in the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
A few posts back, Carla has a tonne of info about ketosis and how you know, just scroll back a page or two and its there!
OOPPS! sorry, I know today I have been doing long posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post

So, you were off. It doesn't sound like you totally screwed up. One day like this isn't going to be your undoing. Regarding the 3rd protein or hamburger. It is your call. What ever you won't be inclined to cheat after is my opinion. In reality the protein pack will give you more nutrition that is also easily absorbed. Next time, try keeping a bar, drink, or soy puffs packet at your desk it might be a restricted snack item but, you would get it in, have better control of your evening and stay even more to the plan.

Don't sweat what happened today. You are ok and tomorrow will be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Glad you are Back! I am so happy you had a great trip, jumped back on track and have lost 2 more pounds! What a way to be!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #135  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

OK... my last long post for the day!! Sorry. Just trying to catch up missed things from Monday and Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Carla, if anybody can do it, you can!.. I'm so glad you're back, you were sorely missed by one & all...
While you were taking your break, what changes did you see?.. I think I remember you were concerned about loose skin before... has it tightened up?..
hugs
Thank you!! I didn’t expect vacation to be so long!
What changes? I noticed my skin tighten up. The side effect issues cleared up (except being cold and my TOM issues). My hair grew in a bit, my teeth and gums returned to normal, my skin was normal again, dreams about food left, and other things went away. My energy was great! I was able to start running again in October, first time since 1987 or 88. I was lifting weights the same level as I did in the past. I was more flexible during yoga. I didn’t have joint pain the way I did.
I did however get my headaches, body aches, and tinnitus back when I added back processed food, flours, and sugars. I was ok with dairy and a bit of fruit but, when it came to other things, I must have allergies. As soon as I ate those foods I would begin to swell. In one night after eating a sandwich, my fingers swelled so much I couldn’t wear my rings. Another time, I ate pancakes.. just 3 little kids pancakes and I gain 3.5 pounds over night! I know it was that, I had a phase 2 day in all other ways. So, I know my body is still sensitive to carbohydrates to which I have allergies. I am also more understanding of just how much fluid my body can put on. eeeek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi Carla -- your posts have been so informative and supportive to me as I get started. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this and into us. I am here in chilly DC sending my support vibes to the universe hoping they fall on your ever shrinking self. The way I see you is a beautiful, generous and courageous spirit -- what happens in this next part of your journey is like putting sprinkles on the icing of what is already an awesome cake. (sorry for the food metaphor) like putting on the finishing touches Good luck to you--
Thank you! I really appreciated your post! So much so I printed it to place on my refrigerator. I would like to see myself as you wish to see me! Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
I also wanted to know if anyone has read the creator of IP's book? I am in the middle of it and am finding inconsistencies. I know that alot has changed in regards to the food, so i assume that the science has just been altered a little for "Ideal" results. I do love how he writes, so many things have become clear about how this diet works now....
Anyways i hope all of you have a strong, wonderful day!
Allison
Several of us have read the book. Please keep in mind he is the founder of his own diet, described in the book, and co founder of both the matol and ideal protein diets. They are all a bit different. They will work well and, a bit differently. His book describes a diet that works very well, is a bit more relaxed, and is consistent with 2 – 4 pounds average for women. The inconsistencies are the result of the diets being designed by the same man, with different people, for similar yet different results/goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i'm a vegetarian (the bacon is soy) so my tastes might be a little skewed, but i am seriously trying to buy this flavor by the case.
where do you guys buy WF from? i have ridden my bike all over San Francisco looking for it with no luck. i currently buy it from my coach, but he charges $6 a bottle, which is quite high. we don't have Walmart in the city, so that is out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
well, for the first week i had no idea what i could eat as a protein other than eggs. that got boring really quick so i asked my coach and he got in contact with his IP rep. they sent over a list of acceptable vegetarian proteins. my current favorites are Smart Dogs (really low carbs), and Seitan (8 carbs per serving, so i only eat it on days when my other carb count is low). if you are interested, give my your email address and i will forward the list to you.
Have you found our posts by the vegetarians who’ve done the diet and some of their discussions? WE do have a few. If not, let me know and I can post them for you.
Can you order the WF online? It is usually less expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just popped in to lurk because I'm getting ready to start back to Phase 1 on my own. I haven't decided the date exactly yet, because I have a friend living with us that is going to do it with me and I'd like to coordinate with him a bit.

Carla, I'm so happy to see you are starting back. I think your message was providential for me this morning when I made the decision! Stay focused and you know it will work.
Hey Marion! Thanks for your advice and good wishes! I hope you are doing well! I look forward to seeing you back on the boards. I am sure you will do great as you wrap up your goals too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Great to see you on here again! I am on my second go at this as well. I started IP at 185lbs back in Feb 2010 and I am back at it as of Jan 3 2011 at 158lbs. I am down 8.8lbs so far My first time through I was in a very different living situation where it was easy to cook for myself and manage the diet. Now my husband and I live with my in-laws and to top it off I work at a restaurant. Needless to say I am nervous this time around as well. It is all I can do to keep from having little cheats here and there! Here's to round two! You'll do fabulously. I love the support we have here!
….. Right now my mother-in-law is on the diet as well and she is doing just fine. It's hard because she allows herself cheats all the time and forgets what kind of protein she should have when (we use alternatives and she tries to have meat with lunch all the time - sort of on her own phase 2 I guess ).
HEY! Nice to see you. Seems like there are several of us back to finish out our goals. I was hoping that those of us who took the break would actually come back and finish together!
I find it interesting about your mother in law. Well, if phase 2 works and keeps her losing, it is still an unbalanced approach and will work. It does fit very nearly to what Dr. Tran’s book describes.
Can’t wait to spend more time chatting with you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I'm thinking of moving more of my calories to breakfast, so I was wondering what veggies do y'all add to your omelets?.. I can see where the possibilities could be endless, but what works best?.. tastes best?..
Thanks!.. hugs
My favorites to add are: mushroom, very little finely chopped red pepper, spinach, asparagus, a bit of onion just at the end so it wilts but doesn’t cook down much, kale, arugula, a bit of ham , and sometimes salsa. I create many different mixtures with those ingredients. Most commonly I use the mushroom, onion, spinach as it is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
I'm day 9 and -8 lbs BUT hungry so often. Even headache the past few days. I picked up some pnut caramel bars & soy nuts as snack hoping, but still hungry. Too little water? Too little salad?

I did 2 weeks on IP last year and had little problem then. I'm loosing but not feeling great. Help!
Could be you had too little water but, I am guessing you are still adjusting to living with lower carbs and may need an extra protein or protein pack. You are permitted 4 protein packs a day while in transition. If you haven’t that many available, you may use 1 egg and 2 egg white , or 1/3 cup egg whites cooked. You may also use 2 -3 ounces of canned tuna (low sodium) or lean meat like fish, chicken or turkey. Basically, add in an extra snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdeboer View Post
Hello Fellow Dieters:
Tomorrow morning marks my first day on the Ideal Protein Diet. …
Looking forward to new relationships with all of you and a great 1st week!
How is your first week going?

Quote:
This has been a tough week for me (week 2) I LOVE that I log onto this forum "lurk" into everyone's IP journey and then log off my computer feeling re-charged and ready to push through this tough week! For those of you who offer encouraging words, recipe ideas, and survival strategies... THANK YOU! I don't think you realize how many people you are helping!
I hope you are having a wonderful and successful week! Thank you for stopping in and sharing. you just boosted the spirits of a few of us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
Hi all,
I'd like to join in for daily chat- if i don't live and breath it i tend to let things slip if you know what i mean. a few friends at work started out with me doing misc programs, but they have dwindled off only after 2 weeks. I'm 43, mother of 2 teen boys, wife of a chronically skinny husband and work full time in an office on my butt 8 hrs a day. I started my IP type protocol jan 3rd. my starting weight was 189 and i'm down to 175. I am using protein substitutes, including lindora, nashau nutrition items, muscle milk and EAS. I do not have a medical provider or coach but it hasn't bothered me so far considering i'm down 14 pounds in 15 days! i'll read up on everyone from page one over the next few days and here is to a great rest of the week for everyone!
Missed giving you a welcome when you first posted this! So sorry.

I am so glad you are here and jumping in! How is this week going for you? Do you have a costco membership or know someone with one? If so, sometime check out the premier protein ready to drink shakes (chocolate and vanilla). They are great and taste wonderful as alternates! You are really having a great start and 2 weeks! Congratulations 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chant View Post
On the program for 11 days now, and already lost 7 pounds ! This is great ! And I love this forum, so many inspiring stories and recipe ideas!
Have a great day everyone!
Chantal
Thanks, Chantal. I am so glad you are enjoying the group. I love hearing how much our group helps others who have committed to using this program. I hope your week is going very well!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-20-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Closed Thread