Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Ok severe Newbie here!! Had my annual physical today with my doctor and he did not have good things to say about my weight and lab results so long story short he has me starting the Ideal Protein diet tomorrow. I am feeling a whole bunch of emotions, sad, scared, anxious, excited, scared again. LOL

I have read today's posting and I have to WOW!! You guys rock and have lost a bunch of weight!! Hope I can too!!

So tomorrow my journey to a new ME begins. I hope I can do this! Any suggestions as to what my first IP breakfast should be?? Thanks and I am looking forward to having you all on my journey!
Welcome! You will find tons of support, recipes, tips, hints and health info on this site. IP is truly an amazing program and if you follow it, you will see results in no time! My husband and I started in June. He has lost 120# and I have lost 60#. We are feeling better, looking better and have more energy than we've had in years!
As for breakfast, we really like the omelet, to which we add extra vegetables and mushrooms. It is filling and tastes good. I would also recommend you check your cabinets for spices and herbs that can help boost the flavor of your vegetables, soups, etc. We have accumulated all of the Mrs. Dash flavors and also use cumin, turmeric, cajun seasoning, Greek seasoning and achiote.
Good luck on your new adventure!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

Wow, I'm amazed!

1st week a 7lb loss
2nd week a 5lb loss

and no cravings, major diet pop drinker and haven't had any cravings

I am so amazed with this program
Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #78  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Well just got back from my WI and I only lost 1.3. But hey, a loss is a loss right. I'm FINALLY back to where I was before I started my slippery slope of not being 100% on protocol

Oh well, the good news is it's a loss and I'm back on track and I've seen an inch loss!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Yay! Wi today and 3 lbs lost. I'm so glad.
Keep it up and soon you will be at goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Ok well just got back from WI#9 and I lost -8.2 lbs for a total weight loss of -59.2 lbs since starting IP. I just love this weight loss program.
Way to go on losing 59.2 lbs since you started. Do you feel better?

Quote:
Ok severe Newbie here!! Had my annual physical today with my doctor and he did not have good things to say about my weight and lab results so long story short he has me starting the Ideal Protein diet tomorrow. I am feeling a whole bunch of emotions, sad, scared, anxious, excited, scared again. LOL I have read today's posting and I have to WOW!! You guys rock and have lost a bunch of weight!! Hope I can too!!
So tomorrow my journey to a new ME begins. I hope I can do this! Any suggestions as to what my first IP breakfast should be?? Thanks and I am looking forward to having you all on my journey!
DinobowerRN - the very best thing you did today was join 3FC's IP thread. 2nd one is starting IP. Good luck on your journey.

My breakfast and lunch IP solution: I have to be at work at 7 am and in the best of times I am not a morning person. Therefore I really don't allow myself much time in the morning. In the evening I open two packets of hot chocolate mix and add two packets of stevia. In the morning I add 32 oz of brewed coffee to a bowl add my dry mixture and stir with a whisk. Pour into two 16 oz thermos and off I go! There is a salad bar at work and veggies on the menu.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #80  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Wow! I think I will just jump in and forget about the catching up Long story short I gained 30lbs after leaving IP. Old habits and addictions got the best of me. With this being said I am tired of it and hopefully this go around will be the last. I was not going to come back to 3FC but there is no other support like the support here. So here I am and I need help. Day one is going good
Hey!! You're BACK!!

:

I am loving seeing so many of the last year group back today! I also like seeing those finishing the journey to a weight they want to be AND, the reassure of those who are returning to a plan that worked before.

I am so glad you will be here to chat with!

Sorry that you had the gains, it does happen. It is very easy to slip into old habits. What matters is realize it is happening and knowing how to correct it. This is DEFINITELY the way. Years ago, I wouldn't have even known that much.

I would say you are taking great steps to getting back to where you want to be. I know you'll be in good company!

Whether we are on our first or second phase of losing, we are all doing the same thing, taking control of our weight, habits, and, maybe, some part of our life.

Can't wait to chat with you more!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #81  

Quote:
Wow! I think I will just jump in and forget about the catching up Long story short I gained 30lbs after leaving IP. Old habits and addictions got the best of me. With this being said I am tired of it and hopefully this go around will be the last. I was not going to come back to 3FC but there is no other support like the support here. So here I am and I need help. Day one is going good
Welcome back!

It's really brave of you to take a look at what you were doing that didn't work and to come back and 'fess up! What a great start to round 2!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #82  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Welcome! You will find tons of support, recipes, tips, hints and health info on this site. IP is truly an amazing program and if you follow it, you will see results in no time! My husband and I started in June. He has lost 120# and I have lost 60#. We are feeling better, looking better and have more energy than we've had in years!
As for breakfast, we really like the omelet, to which we add extra vegetables and mushrooms. It is filling and tastes good. I would also recommend you check your cabinets for spices and herbs that can help boost the flavor of your vegetables, soups, etc. We have accumulated all of the Mrs. Dash flavors and also use cumin, turmeric, cajun seasoning, Greek seasoning and achiote.
Good luck on your new adventure!
Oh thank you so much!! I just spent the last hour looking at all the recipes for the IP and that's helps the scarriness go away a bit. I am so GLAD I found this site!! I don't feel alone with all of you with me. Back to looking at the recipes!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #83  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Keep it up and soon you will be at goal.

Way to go on losing 59.2 lbs since you started. Do you feel better?

DinobowerRN - the very best thing you did today was join 3FC's IP thread. 2nd one is starting IP. Good luck on your journey.

My breakfast and lunch IP solution: I have to be at work at 7 am and in the best of times I am not a morning person. Therefore I really don't allow myself much time in the morning. In the evening I open two packets of hot chocolate mix and add two packets of stevia. In the morning I add 32 oz of brewed coffee to a bowl add my dry mixture and stir with a whisk. Pour into two 16 oz thermos and off I go! There is a salad bar at work and veggies on the menu.
I am not so much a morning person either and (I know this is bad) not really a huge breakfast person either. I think I will do one of the chocolate IP drink packets in the morning hoping it will kinda be like chocolate milk. I have a salad planned with romaine lettuce, green peppers and cucumbers and an IP packet drink. Think I will whip up one of the vinegarette recipes for a dressing, and for dinner a hamburger on a bed of lettuce and dill pickle slices, a tomatoe slice and cucumber fries. It's a good thing I like cucumbers!!! And a pudding for my evening snack. How does that sound for a first day?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #84  

I'm thinking of moving more of my calories to breakfast, so I was wondering what veggies do y'all add to your omelets?.. I can see where the possibilities could be endless, but what works best?.. tastes best?..

Thanks!.. hugs
Old 01-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I'm thinking of moving more of my calories to breakfast, so I was wondering what veggies do y'all add to your omelets?.. I can see where the possibilities could be endless, but what works best?.. tastes best?..

Thanks!.. hugs
I add green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a few little pieces of ham to mine. It's so yummy!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I am not so much a morning person either and (I know this is bad) not really a huge breakfast person either. I think I will do one of the chocolate IP drink packets in the morning hoping it will kinda be like chocolate milk. I have a salad planned with romaine lettuce, green peppers and cucumbers and an IP packet drink. Think I will whip up one of the vinegarette recipes for a dressing, and for dinner a hamburger on a bed of lettuce and dill pickle slices, a tomatoe slice and cucumber fries. It's a good thing I like cucumbers!!! And a pudding for my evening snack. How does that sound for a first day?
Your menu looks fabulous! Good luck and you can do this!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I add green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a few little pieces of ham to mine. It's so yummy!
Thank you!.. that does sound yummy... I'll give it a try...

hugs
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Hungries

I'm day 9 and -8 lbs BUT hungry so often. Even headache the past few days. I picked up some pnut caramel bars & soy nuts as snack hoping, but still hungry. Too little water? Too little salad?

I did 2 weeks on IP last year and had little problem then. I'm loosing but not feeling great. Help!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Yay! Wi today and 3 lbs lost. I'm so glad.
Way to go!! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Ok well just got back from WI#9 and I lost -8.2 lbs for a total weight loss of -59.2 lbs since starting IP. I just love this weight loss program.
That is awesome!! Way to go!

Quote:
Welcome back!! The support is awesome here! Can't be beat!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #90  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Your first day sounds great, except the green peppers. We are only supposed to eat them cooked, not raw. (You could cook them and put them on your salad.)

Welcome!
Closed Thread