Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #76  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
On the exercise issue- you certainly need more protein! I started running/easy weight training at the gym last spring while on IP and did notice a stall, I asked my coach and she told me to try a boiled egg on those days, and it worked! Now, I've decided to lose the weight I want to lose and then after I finish this diet, work out to tone up as to not put my body under even more stress than it already is. I understand the annoyance of not working out though.
Ahh the wonders of the female body... NOT. It's my TOM as well, and as everyone has reported, a slight water weight gain. I just vowed to continue to eat on protocol and not step on the scale again until TOM is long gone. No reason to feel b****y and fat this week :P
I haven't been on the site for a while but am pleased to see the beginners from September are now leading the boards in advice, weight-loss. That's so very exciting!
Idk if any of you remember me, but I am a student here in Kansas. I am a little over 2 months out from spending a week in South Padre, Texas with 15 of my other friends from high school. I decided that I never wanted to be ashamed to put on a swim suit again, and wanted to enjoy the ridiculous amount of money I'm spending on this trip so it was time to get down to business.
I think I will be losing about 16 more lbs. I have 8 weeks to do it, I KNOW I CAN
Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Hi Rachel! Good to "see" you again and I'm glad to know you are doing well. I'm sure you can lose the weight that you want to lose before your trip. I hope that you have a wonderful vacation and I KNOW that you will be rockin the bathing suit!!

I have been holding steady at my weight - not exactly following protocol. I am back at it (phase I) steadily this week as I am setting my new goal at 125 lbs. Had a rough go of it recently (within my own head) at home with two sick dogs (a LOT of cleaning!!) missing my back to college oldest daughter, and just generally picking on myself for everything (not smart enough, not doing enough, etc., etc.) I am reminded of PEGSI (great post today btw!!) when she says "I am my own worst enemy." I so am right now. Trying so hard to make a go of it without my depression meds this past year. The dark winter days make it more challenging for sure. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
My first weigh in was today only after being on IP for 3 days. I lost 9.6 lbs. Do not know the inches lost as my coaches seem to go through the motions, take my money and move on. Next weigh in will be a full week of IP. It is very exciting. Good work on all others weight loss.
AWESOME!!! In only 3 days that's great!!
It's too bad for you coach...next time ask her or him to do that before the weigh in and put some emphasis on it saying that it is important for you..and hopefuly he or she will take the extra 5 minutes to do so!!!

I found it was really important for me because sometime's I wouldn't lose as much but in inches it would drop!

Good luck with the rest of your week!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 299/296/180

Height: 5 6

When all of you started IP did you exersise and if so how much? I just started last Thursday and ive only lost 3 pounds. Ive stuck to the program and havent cheated. Before I started this I ate extremely unhealthy? So im just a bit confused on why im not seeing better results considering I weigh so much. I put lemon juice in my water is that ok? If anyone has tips i would love to hear them.

Last edited by OilGurl; 01-13-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 01-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #79  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
My first weigh in was today only after being on IP for 3 days. I lost 9.6 lbs. Do not know the inches lost as my coaches seem to go through the motions, take my money and move on. Next weigh in will be a full week of IP. It is very exciting. Good work on all others weight loss.
That's awesome keep up the great work.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I did this once on saturday. I told my coach about it and she just kinda gave me this look and was like stop it you have to eat all 3. Something about the level of protein and amino acids etc that it provides. I didn't have any problem eating when i wasn't hungry before so i figure i should have no reason to not eat now...especially a packet (i prefer the sweet puddings or chocolate drinks that i make into hot chocolate).
Hi amber2beme,

How are things going? When is you next WI?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #81  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I was really excited about my NSV earlier in the week --- no more necklace extenders, and now today I was super excited when I put on the clearance cords I got from Kohl's in size 20 that I was going to return because I didn't think they fit... and they work perfectly!

Was in size 28 when I started in July... to be sitting here in a size 20 in January (whether or not I've stalled in the last month), feels dang good!

Have a good one, everybody!
Whoo hoo!! That is awesome progress...I love your energy, it is very motivating!
Thank you,
Holly
Old 01-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGurl View Post
When all of you started IP did you exersise and if so how much? I just started last Thursday and ive only lost 3 pounds. Ive stuck to the program and havent cheated. Before I started this I ate extremely unhealthy? So im just a bit confused on why im not seeing better results considering I weigh so much. I put lemon juice in my water is that ok? If anyone has tips i would love to hear them.

I am on day 9, my coach told me not to exercise for the first 3 weeks..I don't have a problem with that!!
I am more than pleased with my 6.2 lb weight loss in my first week!!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #83  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
When all of you started IP did you exersise and if so how much? I just started last Thursday and ive only lost 4 pounds. Ive stuck to the program and havent cheated. Before I started this I ate extremely unhealthy? So im just a bit confused on why im not seeing better results considering I weigh so much. I put lemon juice in my water is that ok? If anyone has tips i would love to hear them.

I never excercised for the first 3 weeks and after that I only exercise with minimal cardio about 3 times a week. Putting lemon in your water is ok. Don't get discouraged 4 pounds is better than no pounds. You could find some tips to help you out in the thread " Ip - Tips for Newbies " in the sticky threads on the top of the main page. Keep up the great work and celebrate that 4 pounds.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #84  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

If lemon juice falls under the category of a fruit, I don't believe we are supposed to have it. Senior members may have a better insight into this.

But, 3 lbs is.... 3 lbs. Just give this program a chance to work and for your body to start reacting to the changes.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 323/323/230

Height: 6'2"

Default First Post

Hey, quick introduction since I will be lurking around trying to pick up some tips and overcome some hurdles.

I started IP Monday so this is my 4th day. I feel much better today than I have the last 4. I'm not getting near a scale until my next visit but I'm hoping for some good numbers. Haven't cheated although I have been very tempted. I figure a good report from the scale will increase my willpower.

Good luck everybody!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #86  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydogs View Post
Hey, quick introduction since I will be lurking around trying to pick up some tips and overcome some hurdles.

I started IP Monday so this is my 4th day. I feel much better today than I have the last 4. I'm not getting near a scale until my next visit but I'm hoping for some good numbers. Haven't cheated although I have been very tempted. I figure a good report from the scale will increase my willpower.

Good luck everybody!
After my 4th day I felt great. My first weigh in wasn't as inpressive as I would have liked it to be, but again....I FEEL GREAT! That is what you should be looking forward to as well as the lost pounds.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 299/296/180

Height: 5 6

Thank you for the tip!! I just went to " Ip - Tips for Newbies " There is a lot of great ideas on there
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Morning Everyone. It is chilly in Alberta too! We are getting some light snow and a nasty wind from the NW. The weather isn't supposed to improve until about Tuesday but hey it is January and Alberta.
Pretty excited about seeing the scale move again. I lost a bit of weight over Christmas but for the most part have stalled out for the past 3 weeks. Between getting back on protocol 100% and making myself accountable to the forum and some forum members, these last few lbs will have no excuse to stay.
Have a great IP day everyone.
Is the IP center right in Leduc? I am coming to Leduc for a week and might need some product, and I would feel beter if I know I could get it need be.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #89  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I was really excited about my NSV earlier in the week --- no more necklace extenders, and now today I was super excited when I put on the clearance cords I got from Kohl's in size 20 that I was going to return because I didn't think they fit... and they work perfectly!

Was in size 28 when I started in July... to be sitting here in a size 20 in January (whether or not I've stalled in the last month), feels dang good!
Go you! Those are awesome NSVs and your progress photos are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
Luckily you have a WI to focus on! you can do it! stay strong! just think they will all be in a carb coma here shortly and useless!!! and personally i would probably feel like CRAP not only mentally but physically afterwards. So think about that. I can tell you from my short experience that EVERY single time i resist pizza candy etc etc etc that is right there calling my name and so accessable the feeling i have when i wake up the next day is better than ANY feeling i would have had while eating that crap. PLUS the scale usually drops which is just a gift from the gods to say see you can do it TAAHH DAHHH!!!
I look forward to hearing how you resisted and how good you feel tomorrow!!!
Thanks. This reminded me of how much better I will feel about myself each time I resist that cracker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
P.S. it's -40 here!
Oh. My. God. It's 40 (F) here and I'm freezing my butt off. I assume you mean Celcius, but still. Too cold!

Quote:
Way to go! That's amazing. I agree with the others, ASK for your coach to measure you. Along with weight loss, I hope to gain more confidence, and am working on saying "no" and requesting what I need. If they say no, are you any worse off?

Quote:

Lemon juice is fine. After talking to everyone here (so helpful!), reading the exercise thread (definitely read it!) and talking to my coach, I have decided to continue my exercise wearing a heart monitor. I love my hour away and to myself, and I really really really don't want my butt to hurt the way it did when I started indoor cycling! I think that's my main motivator. So now, I'm just peddling through the class, enjoying my "me time."

AFM--NSV. TOTALLY said no thank you to free King Cake. From my favorite bakery. Came home, had some celery in WF ranch dip, and felt AMAZING!

Jolie
Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
If lemon juice falls under the category of a fruit, I don't believe we are supposed to have it. Senior members may have a better insight into this.

But, 3 lbs is.... 3 lbs. Just give this program a chance to work and for your body to start reacting to the changes.
You can have lemon juice, it's listed under seasonings!! I think I might try making some lemonade tonight with stevia.
Closed Thread