Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 12 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone! Well I am UP 2 lbs from yesterday.... and when I looked back at my chart from this time last month...ahhhhaaa I am seeing a new pattern since on IP with my TOM. At the same time last month, I also went up 2 lbs in ONE day....... TOM arrives then 'poof' down again... so I am not stressed about that. Cause there is NO way I injested 7000 calories yesterday LOL. Will keep plugging along... and hoping to see some success before end of Jan. I am averaging 9.63 lbs per mth I WILL TAKE THAT! I have been OVER the 200 mark since 2001....... so being below that now? I will not complain. Hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #3  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone. Here is hoping that you all have one terrific IP day! Finally back on 100% protocol - starting day 3 today. whew...that was a bit of a tough one after the break. Weight loss is such a mind game esp when it comes down to getting rid of the last few lbs! Nice to have my head back into the game. I have found a few members in the 'same boat' so we are cheering each other on and challenging each other to get the job done. That really helps as I obviously need to be accountable to more than just my coach and myself. This forum is terrific!
A special thank you to Sheila for opening up a new thread everyday. This forum has become part of my daily routine and is full of inspiration and tough love when we need it.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

....GOOD MORNING IP'ers from SNOW Covered NJ !!...

It is beautiful outside .... I guess since I am still home on disability (4 wks today since my surgery ) the snow doesn't bother me ... Hopin Mother Nature gets it ALL out of her system b4 I return to work...

Sending wishes to u all for a 100% IP day....Spring is just round the corner !!! =)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #5  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning everyone. Going shopping today to get all my food to start my IP tomorrow. Gonna load up on lots of veggies and salad. Very excited to get started losing this fat!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
Good Morning everyone. Going shopping today to get all my food to start my IP tomorrow. Gonna load up on lots of veggies and salad. Very excited to get started losing this fat!
Welcome! you will love this program!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #7  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone. Yes Diane49 it sure is snow covered in lovely NJ today. Nice day to "work from home".

Question for all the old timers....I will and have been using all the vitamins or as I call them "my daily cocktail of pills...lol", I was wondering if anyone was using the enzymes? I was told by my coach to take 4 capsules the first 3 days and then only take 2 capsules a day from that point forward. I am wondering if anyone is taking more the 2 capsules a day and what are the perks of doing this?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow IPers!
Well, woke up at 5:00 this morning to go to the bathroom and the power was off and there's almost a foot of snow outside. DH was supposed to be at work for 6:00 but can't even get out of the driveway before shoveling and the roads would be brutal anyway. So....SNOW DAY!!!
It's turning warmer as I type this and it's already raining, so it will be a sloppy mess out there in no time.
Hope you all have a fabulous day. Good luck with all your WI's!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #9  

Hello, just wanted to wish everyone a great day!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #10  

hmmmm not new to this program so kinda puzzled as to why I am HUNGRY now at 930 am ??? had a large coffee.... and IP pudding... usually that holds me off till 'almost' lunch time. drinking water steady since coffee is done... tempted for the egg whites again... comments?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hmmmm not new to this program so kinda puzzled as to why I am HUNGRY now at 930 am ??? had a large coffee.... and IP pudding... usually that holds me off till 'almost' lunch time. drinking water steady since coffee is done... tempted for the egg whites again... comments?
I am also starving by around the same time, especially when I am working. I have an egg almost everyday, about 10ish, or I would never make it through.
I don't know if this slows me or not, but I couldn't do it otherwise!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I am also starving by around the same time, especially when I am working. I have an egg almost everyday, about 10ish, or I would never make it through.
I don't know if this slows me or not, but I couldn't do it otherwise!

Thanks for that! good to know its not only me! haha
Old 01-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #13  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I am starving around 10, too. Yeaterday I had a salad with cucumber and it really helped. I guess the real question is...if you've been having a couple egg whites, has it stalled or slowed your progress? Maybe try a different breakfast, like the omelette with half your lunch veggies.

Weigh In 2 today, and I'm super nervous because of my stupid leap off the wagon. Oh well. Lessons learned.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I am starving around 10, too. Yeaterday I had a salad with cucumber and it really helped. I guess the real question is...if you've been having a couple egg whites, has it stalled or slowed your progress? Maybe try a different breakfast, like the omelette with half your lunch veggies.

Weigh In 2 today, and I'm super nervous because of my stupid leap off the wagon. Oh well. Lessons learned.
NOPE just did the two egg whites yesterday... and at 16 calories,and no fat, cholesterol, or carbohydrates i would not understand why it would slow me down??? can anyone confirm this for me? MANY THANKS........as I said before we are always learning on this program
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Good morning! I am on day 9 now and I think that I am officially in ketosis!!!! I wasn't really hungry when I woke up and well it's already 8 and I still haven't had my morning packet. I am looking forward to it though i cooked some greenpeppers and the omelette packet for today's breakfast. I have been weighing myself each morning and this morning i dropped a couple pounds. This week I have been staying away from the "oil" and I am really noticing a difference on the scale already from last week. Boy I learned that when I don't feel well I crave carbs...pretty sure I had the stomach bug last 2days. But I stayed strong, even though the family got pizza again for dinner last night. I didn't have a mental breakdown or yell at them for it though! guess that is my first NSV
I feel like a completely different person today
All i have to say is if you are struggling and feel crappy today....RIDE IT OUT and HOLD ON TIGHT to your resolve because it WILL get better!!!!! Boy would i hate to have had to put off feeling the way i do today cause i cheated and delayed my going into ketosis with even a single bite of off plan food. YAY FOR TODAY!!!
Closed Thread