Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I am on day 3 and just joined this group. I know 3 other people on this program that inspired me, mainly my father in law who has lost over 110#'s and started last June.

2 days in and I have dropped 6.5#'s and have my first weigh in tomorrow. Is it common to lose a larger amount on week 1? I have seen by some peoples counters that week 1 seems to be a huge drop then about half that other weeks.

I am just starting so I am following to a "T" and havent been real adventurous with meal planning. Been a bit blah but am learning a great deal reading through threads. Wonderful site.

Couts71, nice to see another male on here. Good work on your goal and keep at it. Hope I can check in daily. Have a wonderful day all!

One question, is drinking more than a gallon of water bad? I seem to drink atleast a gallon or more and never did this before, I am always thirsty. Thoughts?
No wrong in drinking lot's of water!!! People usually have a hard time drinking a lot of it so I tell you to...DRINK UP!!!!!!!!!

And good luck ..you will find support and good recipe ideas in other blogs!!!
If you have questions don't be shy to ask ! We are all helping each other out to make it that much more enjoyable
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #77  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I am on day 3 and just joined this group. I know 3 other people on this program that inspired me, mainly my father in law who has lost over 110#'s and started last June.

2 days in and I have dropped 6.5#'s and have my first weigh in tomorrow. Is it common to lose a larger amount on week 1? I have seen by some peoples counters that week 1 seems to be a huge drop then about half that other weeks.

I am just starting so I am following to a "T" and havent been real adventurous with meal planning. Been a bit blah but am learning a great deal reading through threads. Wonderful site.

Couts71, nice to see another male on here. Good work on your goal and keep at it. Hope I can check in daily. Have a wonderful day all!

One question, is drinking more than a gallon of water bad? I seem to drink atleast a gallon or more and never did this before, I am always thirsty. Thoughts?
Welcome this is a great forum for support and information. This program is awesome and you will see the pounds fall off. It is nice to see another guy on the site.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #78  

Default Take a walk...

Those of you who've known me for a while know that I'm a firm believer in exercise & that I haven't exactly followed the rules of IP in that regard... I don't expect anybody else to follow my example, but from what I've read here, walking is allowed... so, maybe this article will be of interest to some of you... from Yahoo Health...
Quote:
How to Eat Less Without Dieting

Here's a simple way to give your hunger communication system a tune-up so your brain is better able to judge when you're full: Go for a walk.

In a recent animal study, researchers discovered an unexpected benefit of physical activity. It appeared to make brains more sensitive to key chemicals that play a role in appetite communication.

An Exercise in Appetite Control
Specifically, researchers witnessed some key chemical changes in the brains of overweight rodents that began getting regular exercise. Levels of two types of proteins, called interleukin-6 and interleukin-10, increased in the hypothalamus, a type of appetite control panel within the brain that receives signals from important hunger hormones like leptin and insulin. As a consequence of these protein increases, researchers found that the rodents' brain cells became more sensitive and receptive to hunger signals. End result? The animals started to eat less.

Move More, Eat Less?
It's not the first study to support the theory that turning up your physical activity level can dial down your appetite. But this is one of the first studies to highlight a possible underlying mechanism for the effect. More research will need to be done to determine whether exercise has exactly the same effect on humans. But for now, we already know lots of other great health reasons to crank up our physical activity levels. If you haven't found your exercise groove yet, here are a few ways to make getting started easier:

•Set a goal.
•Beware of "boredom boulevard." Plan now to keep it fresh by mixing in different exercise videos.
•Acknowledge your milestones.
hugs
Old 01-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #79  
Started 1/9/11

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'

Good afternoon. Day Three was difficult to take all the supplements wound up gulping them down after dinner. Any tips on how to get use to them. Did well yesterday on water. Didn't eat dinner until 8:00pm when I got home.

Have a great day!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #80  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Does the urgency to pee all the time go away soon?! Oh goodness, I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes all day!

Also, sometimes I just want to eat something that isn't WET! Tips? I've searched the fun with packets and recipes (making my own little book for my coach and myself), but haven't really had anything stick with me.

Oh, and ok, I'm getting some very mixed messages about exercising. I do vigorous exercise three days a week to HELP my weight loss. Am I unknowingly sabotaging it? My coach is nice, but rather vague about that.
So nervous about WI 2 this evening.

Jolie
Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good afternoon everyone,
I am also new to IP, I am almost done with my second week. I was wondering how everyone knows when they are in ketosis? I can't tell if I am in ketosis or not.
Also, I am kind of scared since I have my second weigh in tomorrow and I have slipped twice. I had coffee with creamer and sugar and also some pistachios last night. It has been really hard for me to stop the cravings. After my dinner and lunch, I am full but I crave all the food my coworkers bring for lunch
Hopefully tomorrow I feel better.
Have a nice rest of the day everyone!
Welcome! I found this site in November and just a few days ago started posting. Looks like we have similarish weight goals. Your baby is adorable! I have an almost 2 yo son. So cute!!!

We've been having conversations about being hungry and snacking today. I'm in week 7 and have been struggling with hunger, really since the beginning. When I go off protocol to snack, I reach for almonds or olives thinking, low carb, but boy have I slowed my weight loss. People have given me great advice here about choosing egg whites or making half-packet shakes, etc.

I totally hear you about food at work. My coworkers just brought in a huge bag of caramel popcorn...which I LOVE! I'm not even going to smell it.

Anyway, I'm down 14 lbs, no complaints here, but I'm hoping to kick it up a notch this week and beyond. Good luck with your WI.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #82  

About yesterday's question about green cabbage... on Dr. Tran's website, in his list of Foods Allowed on the Diet, he lists white & red cabbage... I suspect that white cabbage may be the same as what we call green cabbage... what do you think?..

from this website http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes/i-cabbage-wh.html...

hugs
Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #83  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just did my 10 week weigh in and i lost 5.6lobs so i am down 62.6lbs its a great week.
That is GREAT!!!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #84  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Exercise allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
Welcome! I found this site in November and just a few days ago started posting. Looks like we have similarish weight goals. Your baby is adorable! I have an almost 2 yo son. So cute!!!

We've been having conversations about being hungry and snacking today. I'm in week 7 and have been struggling with hunger, really since the beginning. When I go off protocol to snack, I reach for almonds or olives thinking, low carb, but boy have I slowed my weight loss. People have given me great advice here about choosing egg whites or making half-packet shakes, etc.

I totally hear you about food at work. My coworkers just brought in a huge bag of caramel popcorn...which I LOVE! I'm not even going to smell it.

Anyway, I'm down 14 lbs, no complaints here, but I'm hoping to kick it up a notch this week and beyond. Good luck with your WI.
Thank you!! i hope I didn't mess anything up with me going off protocol this morning. I see you have been working out too. I want to start exercising since I am in the military and it is required but I was told to NOT work out for at least 2 weeks. Have you heard anything about this?
Yes, my co workers bring big subs and candy, real puddings and the worst....CHOCOLATE!!
I craved it so much that I gave in this morning and added sugar and creamer to my coffee and also had a pastry.
Congratulations on the weight loss, I can't wait until I see the difference in me after 7 weeks!!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Does the urgency to pee all the time go away soon?! Oh goodness, I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes all day!

Also, sometimes I just want to eat something that isn't WET! Tips? I've searched the fun with packets and recipes (making my own little book for my coach and myself), but haven't really had anything stick with me.

Oh, and ok, I'm getting some very mixed messages about exercising. I do vigorous exercise three days a week to HELP my weight loss. Am I unknowingly sabotaging it? My coach is nice, but rather vague about that.
So nervous about WI 2 this evening.

Jolie
Jolie, everybody's body is different... in my case, I really believe exercise has been an important part of my journey... if the exercise you do isn't slowing down your weight loss & is in fact helping it, my recommendation is to continue... but if you can get your coach to have a frank discussion about exercise, that would be better than my opinion... meanwhile, read the Exercise thread from beginning to end... pay special attention to anything written by Elizabeth (deinekatze)..

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 01-12-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #86  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
About yesterday's question about green cabbage... on Dr. Tran's website, in his list of Foods Allowed on the Diet, he lists white & red cabbage... I suspect that white cabbage may be the same as what we call green cabbage... what do you think?..
I certainly don't know for sure, but I'd guess he means Savoy cabbage, a lot more common in Europe than here. Which, by the way, is delicious, cooked or raw (if you don't have hypothyroidism).
Old 01-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

How about the eggbeaters for protein , still waiting for your opinion or advice
Old 01-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I certainly don't know for sure, but I'd guess he means Savoy cabbage, a lot more common in Europe than here. Which, by the way, is delicious, cooked or raw (if you don't have hypothyroidism).
Thanks Linden, you're probably right... I've never seen Savoy cabbage... not sure I'd be able to find it here in the middle of nowhere!.. I wonder if the nutritional details are about the same...

hugs
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #89  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Also, sometimes I just want to eat something that isn't WET!
Oh, and ok, I'm getting some very mixed messages about exercising. I do vigorous exercise three days a week to HELP my weight loss. Am I unknowingly sabotaging it?
Jolie
Not wet? I love celery dipped in WF blue cheese or barbecue dressing.

I thought the word on exercise was unambiguous. No exercise the first two weeks. After that, and if you're used to exercising, you can but never exceed 60-65%. Why? Because on this low fat diet, too much exercises makes the body eat muscle AND the heart is a muscle.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
How about the eggbeaters for protein , still waiting for your opinion or advice
I use egg beaters. Just the plain ones. I can't remember if they are 000, but they are really close to 000. I use them on days when I need a little more, or am in a hurry and didn't plan.
Closed Thread