Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #61  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymr View Post
Can we have green cabbage?
You may get a number of different responses to this question. But the Phase One documentation that I received from my coach says yes. I shred my green cabbage and saute it in some EVOO and sesame seed old with fresh ginger and salt/pepper. Then I top it with my protein cut up in strips(steak/chicken) and eat it with chop sticks. Makes it more fun.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

I just received my next two weeks IP packages in the mail!!! I am so excited to try some of the new products. I order the BBQ soy puffs, the choc and lemon pudding this time.

Joliebug82 - get back to protocol!!! - Said with love!

Hello to all the newcomers.

I eat green cabbage.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
You may get a number of different responses to this question. But the Phase One documentation that I received from my coach says yes. I shred my green cabbage and saute it in some EVOO and sesame seed old with fresh ginger and salt/pepper. Then I top it with my protein cut up in strips(steak/chicken) and eat it with chop sticks. Makes it more fun.
I love that! Thanks!!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #64  
Started 1/9/11

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I find myself cold alot, so I think I'm going to try warming my drinks and drinking tea. Hugs!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #65  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
natchamp - I was just wondering what happened to you. I was reading the signature name thread, came across yours and wondered why we hadn't heard from you for a while. I hope you're doing well.

My documentation says yes to red cabbage and Chinese cabbage (bok choy) but absolutely no mention of green. It's not listed as limited or not allowed either, so... I just assumed no and have never had it.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #66  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
ahhh ok............ yes see we are at an all inclusive.... but with your choice... you are able to bring your IP. I think we probably cannot carry the RTD shakes on the plane tho eh? it would be listed as a 'liquid'.....dont want them to take it away hahha will just carryon IP bars.

I packed my RTD's when I went to Vegas two weeks ago (8 of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
You can take packets and your shaker though. I did that when we went to Vegas in November.
Did you see the Mexico quote....interesting....wonder if that would apply to my cruise (silver packets not allowed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Pegsi, THANK YOU. I was sitting here reading this and getting really frustrated with the attitude. This program is a journey - there will be high weeks and low weeks - the important thing is that we finish better than we started!

Go girl...You know we all love ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I am not an expert on this but from what I have read, do they not 'tell' us to not take any extra meat or veg? and if you must have something... is it not better to just grab another protein packet? Im not sure myself? Carla? anyone?

I always add an ounce or two of meat with no consequences if I am hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

You are inspiring me I have done ok but this last week I was very successful and this week too, I forgot what it was like to have my head back in the game so to speak.
welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
thank you. i didn't know that about the pancreas really taking 3 months to reset. thanks for sharing your experience with the loss. good to know i'm not the only one that didn't have a ginormous first week loss. but that you kept it up pretty regularly close to that amount each week.

Give it time and take it serious and you will love this no cheat diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
Just wanted to say your weight loss and commitment has been personally really inspiring for me. You gave me some great advice before Christmas about drinking my protein earlier and it has made a difference ever since. I don't feel as hungry throughout the day and I finally broke my stall that happened prior to that and over the holiday. I'm hoping to reach my goal of getting to 150 by mid February and after a few weddings I'm attending in February and March re-evaluate if I want to lose beyond my goal.

Well thanks again Darbz.

I also wanted to see if anyone has seen Showgirlz around, she also has been really helpful and haven't seen her on the boards since the holidays.

Awesome thanks, IP has changed my life!

Quote:
Welcome back
Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Gute reise Linden, katze und hundewelpe!
Ein herzliches Dankeschön! (Thank goodness you used the few words I know. Somehow, for most of my life, I though French, Italian, Latin, and Old English were enough. Silly me.

As I was about to send this, literally, the phone rang and it was the dreaded call from Houston. Continental advised that "because of the weather, I might reconsider my itinerary." 2 hours later we are now leaving on the 17. The poor USDA veterinarian in Honolulu. I can't imagine what he'll think when I FedEd him the animals' papers for the third time because the ones I now have will be out of date.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #68  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

[QUOTE=100ButterflyKisses;3647203]If you look in the recipe threads, there are a lot of different types and various salad dressings too. One salad that has been talked about a LOT is the Big Mac in a Bowl one. I haven't heard anyone say they haven't liked it. My favorite is similar, cut up a burger and add WF BBQ along with pickles (make sure they are the ones without sugar) and my lettuce. Tastes great to me! Also, you can always do some type of wrap to help get in your lettuce. Oh, and have several WF dressings for variety, that helps too (for me at least). Good luck!

I copied this from Carla's inspirational thread... thought it fit in with today's chat. Hope this helps inspire everyone!

Quote:
ONLY ONE POUND

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
- Author Unknown

A pound is a pound! It is a pound we no longer carry. It is a pound we worked hard to lose. It counts! It adds up. Don't be upset because you didn't lose more, be glad that you don't still have THAT one pound with you.
Thank you! You read my mind. I thought of reposting this as well. I love it. Such a good reminder. I am now realizing that I am heading in the right direction. Closer to goal of "Onederland" and farther from the looming 300 lb mark.
We are living all those emails we get reminding us that as women, we forget to put ourselves on the list or place the oxygen mask on our face first and love ouselves as much as we do others. We are natural nurturers. (Well most of us anyway. hehe)
Today, lets just love ourselves for the effort and the fact that we put ourselves on the list and are worth our best and healthy selves. No matter if you have 20 pounds or 100 pounds to lose, YOU ARE WORTH IT! NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #69  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
UGGGGHHHH. I have hit a stupid plateau.....well, not a plateau since I bounce between 189 and 193. FOR THE PAST 2+ WEEKS!

sniff, sniff- I haven't changed anything. I want to see that scale MOVE and it isn't cooperating. I don't think it is stress, and if I do "cheat" it is with extra meat or another helping of veggies.

Advice?!??!!?!
Sounds like it is time to shake things up! Try eating your protien meal at a different time of day. Have a real egg omelet for breakfast then, a big salad with a side of veggies for lunch, veggie stir-fry for supper with a salad side and IP dessert, then an IP late night snack. Or put the protein meal for lunch. You get the idea. Your body may have adjusted to your meal plan so shaking things up can't hurt, (possibility of helping), but definitely can't hurt.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #70  
Mommygirl3b

S/C/G: 210/172/130

Default It works!

Hello everyone I am new to the 3 fat chicks site. I just wanted to start by saying that I have been on Ideal protein diet since Oct 18,2010. I have lost to date 37 pounds and 23 inches. This diet works, that is not to say that at times it is hard, because it is. But when you look at the long term results it is well worth it. I have had such a hard time losing weight in the past and this has been great for me. My gastroenterologist put me on it to straighten out my gastro intestinal system. I have to say I haven't had any episodes of what I was experiencing before the diet. Just stick with it. I really works.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5 10 1/2

Talking Here we gooooooooo

Well its day 1, I am in mid migraine for the week so think its going to be tough but am still forging forward!!! I am hungry but I keep telling myself get to day 4 and you'll be good to go.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/luck02/lb/235/180/235/.png[/image][/link]
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #72  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMSart View Post
Well its day 1, I am in mid migraine for the week so think its going to be tough but am still forging forward!!! I am hungry but I keep telling myself get to day 4 and you'll be good to go.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/luck02/lb/235/180/235/.png[/image][/link]
Great attitude!! You are absolutely correct. Get through those tough first few days and then you will be amazed at how good you feel. One day at a time, one meal at a time if you must. You can do anything for a mere three days!!! Don't forget to read the daily thread for inspiration and ideas. If you think about giving in, come here and read or just look at the numbers people have lost. Great inspiration. Good Luck!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #73  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
It can be a little expensive, but this program works. Just give it a chance. Some weeks I spend $60 and other weeks I spend over $100. It depends on what I have to buy. The expensive weeks are when I have to buy vitamins, so I plan ahead and try to only buy one bottle at a time. If you look at the beginning of this thread, you can click on the link to Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website. You'll be able to read why and how this program works and how long it takes for the body to re-set itself. It may not be the most interesting thing to read, but it's very informative.

Stay positive!!!!!
I listened to it. Wellm perhaps I should say I watched Dr C. talk and listened to the interpreter. Made it somehow more real.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #74  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Yup, I was off the grid for a while. Thankfully my weight hasn't gone up since I was here last. I'm try to get back on IP this week. Today is day one. So far so good. Just need to continue dodging candy dishes at work. Tomorrow is another day. I just need to get going on the plan again and get through the cravings. I'm not engaged just yet, but we are making headway and I want to be a thin bride.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #75  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

I had my WI today and I'm glad to say that FINALLY I'm out of my plateau. Lost 3 lbs this week...... WOOT WOOT
I just read where one of you (sorry I forgot who) said to mix it up with the daily meals/snacks. That's exactly what I did and I also stopped eating the snack bars and most of the restricted foods. My new favorite is the vanilla pudding made with double the water and add some orange extract....YUMMMMY. Now, I just need to keep moving in a forward direction. Thank you to everyone for all of their helpful hints.

Last edited by SJackson; 01-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread