Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #16  

Can anyone tell me if Canadian Bacon is on protocol? If so, for all phases?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #17  

I forgot to include my second question: how much Walden Farms dressing is allowed per day?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I commend you for sticking to it and looking at the positives that you are gaining that aren't on the scale. i am a scale junky and find that i was only able to stay off the scale for 1 day since starting. i now wish i would have weighed myself the morning of my initial weigh in so that i would know how much i have really lost if any. I'm thinking 4 pounds but i swear that was the very first day and since then my scale at home hasn't moved an ounce...as a matter of fact it went up a pound. REALLY trying not to get discouraged but it is hard when i make my family dirty rice for dinner (which i love) and then i make myself 2 cups of spinach and 5 oz of ground beef with some wf bbq sauce. and on top of that my boyfriend says you couldn't pay me to eat what you are eating let alone make the choice to do it on my own. my response was i am making the choice to like what i see when i look in the mirror. but on the inside i was beyond deflated. consequently i was suddenly full and well didn't finish eating. IDK yesterday was a bit of an emotional thing. hoping that is a result of being on this plan and that it is just cause i am in the first week.
ANYWAY....i will be using you as inspiration to keep on keepin on!
Please do not get discouraged!!! I just finished week 1, I didn't "feel" like I had lost any weight - I stepped on the scale and bam 7 lbs gone. Someone on here told me the trust the process - this has really stuck with me. I only weigh on weigh day.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Default Back on track!

Good morning everyone!!!
So I am pretty new at this and this is my first post ever on this site but I have been reading so many post since the beginning of the week!

I started IP last year and had lost 20 pounds. Even though I knew I was losing weight, and everyone was proud of what I had lost, I was cheating when no one was around. It felt like I HAD to have it. That is when I realized that I was not doing the diet for the right reasons. I quit IP and went back to my regular routine not feeling so good about myself.

After looking at myself in the mirror in December I couldn’t believe that not only had I gained everything back…I realized that I didn’t like myself anymore. I decided to start IP once again but made sure I was doing it for myself and not to please other people!

Since Tuesday I have sticked to protocol and have not cheated once! I passed the third day temptation (for me) and I feel good so far. I know this works I just have to put my mind to it and I am sure that by being here I will find more support!

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight and I can’t wait to blog with you guys on a regular basis and lose some weight along the way

Last edited by CutieEli; 01-07-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme
I commend you for sticking to it and looking at the positives that you are gaining that aren't on the scale. i am a scale junky and find that i was only able to stay off the scale for 1 day since starting. i now wish i would have weighed myself the morning of my initial weigh in so that i would know how much i have really lost if any. I'm thinking 4 pounds but i swear that was the very first day and since then my scale at home hasn't moved an ounce...as a matter of fact it went up a pound. REALLY trying not to get discouraged but it is hard when i make my family dirty rice for dinner (which i love) and then i make myself 2 cups of spinach and 5 oz of ground beef with some wf bbq sauce. and on top of that my boyfriend says you couldn't pay me to eat what you are eating let alone make the choice to do it on my own. my response was i am making the choice to like what i see when i look in the mirror. but on the inside i was beyond deflated. consequently i was suddenly full and well didn't finish eating. IDK yesterday was a bit of an emotional thing. hoping that is a result of being on this plan and that it is just cause i am in the first week.
Please do not get discouraged!!! I just finished week 1, I didn't "feel" like I had lost any weight - I stepped on the scale and bam 7 lbs gone. Someone on here told me the trust the process - this has really stuck with me. I only weigh on weigh day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Keep goin' amber. We're all here for you. We complain, we triumph, we meltdown, then we pick ourselves and each other right back up!!!!
now...for your dirty rice, use very lean turkey meat. Put all your dirty rice seasonings in (cajun seasoning, check the labels for sugar) or good old cracked pepper, salt cumin) Since we cant cook onions, use garlic and fresh white part of scallion. Add little splashes of fat free chicken stock so it's not too dry while you're cooking it. So there's the meat part. Take your allowable veggie quota of cauliflower and grate it up like little "rice" Season and cook up in your no stick pretty dry so it gets a nice color. Throw your cooked turkey meat in and season to taste. You'll get the fix you need once you get the seasoning to your liking. You can cook the turkey first, then throw the cauliflower in to cook, or vice/versa, whatever is the quickest easiest for you, cause time and state of mind can be a deal breaker, especially when we're cooking for others.
Check the recipe threads. There are some great cooks on this list and you'll get creative and feel like you got the power!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #21  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Thank you!

I just wanted to send out a great big "thank you" to all the members who have always been so kind and complimentary with their comments to my posts.

I love this web-site and all of you. I wish I knew you all on a more personal level, but it sure is great to be able to come to this site and share your feelings and experiences with many others who are going through the same motions.

THANKS AGAIN and I will continue on with my journey and I am so happy to hear that I am an inspriration to some of you! Makes me beam from ear to ear!

I have posted my "after" photo which my coach took on Wednesday.

Luv you all!
Lorrie
Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #22  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperGal View Post
I forgot to include my second question: how much Walden Farms dressing is allowed per day?

If the label reads 0-0-0 (which most Walden Farms dressings are) then you can use as much as you want --- it's free!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
You sound like me I have a tendency to overthink things sometimes (most of the time).
I weigh myself everyday and sometimes twice a day I used an entire container of ketostix in about 2 weeks 1 for almost everytime I peed (no I am not clinically insane) and called my mom who was also on the program almost everyday. I was OCD. I lost over 30 lbs from August 01/10 to about Nov.01/10 and then I took a break. I was happy with the weight and wanted to tone and build muscle. I did that and now I am back, and happy to be back!And not nearly as obsessive but possibly because I am smarter and stronger and know what to expect.
Can't wait to see the amazing transformation of my body this time.
If anyone gives you grief come here and tell us we will stand up for you because we are all in this together!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

I just want to say thank you so much to everyone that replied to what i said. I am sitting here in my cubicle all overwhelmed with emotion from all of the support. I have a strong support team in "real life" when it comes to other things but i have never had so many people know EXACTLY what i am going through with dieting and have them say it's ok we did it and you can too. nobody ever seems to understand. I thought this forum would be something new and different that i could use as a tool, i never thought that it would mean so much to me and so quickly. I don't think i would be able to do this without you guys! i am back on my mental track of determination and satisfaction with this process. THANK YOU!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Whoo HOO!!!Awesome...good job!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #26  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtogo View Post
Hi Everyone,

I love reading all of your threads and find so much inspiration in your stories!
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have always gotten a little bit of a stomach ache when I have the IP food in the morning but lately after even one bite (I usually have the oatmeal or the Choc To Go Drink) I get really bad pain that will go away after about ten minutes of chugging water. I'm thinking I may be allergic to something. Any thoughts?
It could be the morning vitamines. I found that if I don't have at least half of the shake before taking the pills, I get a stomach ache.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #27  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
So I am pretty new at this and this is my first post ever on this site but I have been reading so many post since the beginning of the week!

I started IP last year and had lost 20 pounds. Even though I knew I was losing weight, and everyone was proud of what I had lost, I was cheating when no one was around. It felt like I HAD to have it. That is when I realized that I was not doing the diet for the right reasons. I quit IP and went back to my regular routine not feeling so good about myself.

After looking at myself in the mirror in December I couldn’t believe that not only had I gained everything back…I realized that I didn’t like myself anymore. I decided to start IP once again but made sure I was doing it for myself and not to please other people!

Since Tuesday I have sticked to protocol and have not cheated once! I passed the third day temptation (for me) and I feel good so far. I know this works I just have to put my mind to it and I am sure that by being here I will find more support!

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight and I can’t wait to blog with you guys on a regular basis and lose some weight along the way
It is certainly not easy staying on track. I read once that when she felt like she was going to eat. She's take a big glass of water and read the IP blog. I'm going to try that next time.

I'm also a newbie but I think that this diet will be it for me and I now trust that it works.

Good luck! Be strong!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #28  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtogo View Post
Hi Everyone,

I love reading all of your threads and find so much inspiration in your stories!
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have always gotten a little bit of a stomach ache when I have the IP food in the morning but lately after even one bite (I usually have the oatmeal or the Choc To Go Drink) I get really bad pain that will go away after about ten minutes of chugging water. I'm thinking I may be allergic to something. Any thoughts?
Does this only happen in the morning? It if happens with every IP meal then the possibility of an allergy is high...perhaps to splenda. If it only happens in the morning then it may be something to do with your empty stomach. Either way, since it's getting worse you should probably consult your doctor.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #29  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Hello EatAnts/Sheila! Thanks so much for starting the threads each and every day for all of us! But something is wonky with the date again - it is saying DECEMBER 2010 instead of January 2011.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
It is certainly not easy staying on track. I read once that when she felt like she was going to eat. She's take a big glass of water and read the IP blog. I'm going to try that next time.

I'm also a newbie but I think that this diet will be it for me and I now trust that it works.

Good luck! Be strong!

Thank you Josephine216!!!
I am sure we will be able to encourage each other and you will do great!
It takes a lot of courage and strength and if we set our mind to it we can do great things!!!

Good luck!!
Closed Thread