3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

NavyMommy 01-21-2012 11:11 AM

Bump

Ilana1 01-22-2012 04:36 PM

This post was so helpful! I had an extremely emotionally draining day yesterday and wanted to stuff my face. But instead of feeding the craving, I went for a walk. Now, it was not as good as chocolate...LOL, but it got my though until my next meal. Fortunately, I got to have chocolate puffs for my snack. :)

omgzitsmiranda 01-22-2012 11:08 PM

bump bump!

amethyst57 01-23-2012 09:09 AM

Thanks for bumping this message up for us newbies to see. I had such a difficult time yesterday. Not sure what was different but never felt full. My stomach was making all kinds of noise and actually hurt. I drank herbal tea and water but nothing was taking away the desire for carbs. I did end up cheating. I had 2 restricted items as my snack last night. Those were purchased for my husband's snack because I knew they would tempt me and I fell for it. (chocolate soy balls) Guess I need to not have them in the house.

I really hope this doesn't make me fail on the scale tomorrow but I did it and will have to take the consequences (possible no loss and reprimand from my coach)

omgzitsmiranda 01-23-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilana1 (Post 4183627)
This post was so helpful! I had an extremely emotionally draining day yesterday and wanted to stuff my face. But instead of feeding the craving, I went for a walk. Now, it was not as good as chocolate...LOL, but it got my though until my next meal. Fortunately, I got to have chocolate puffs for my snack. :)

I'm sorry you had such a rough day, but I'm proud of you for taking the right steps to make it work out GOOD for you! :D

Ooh yes I love the chocolate puffs ;)

New Englander 01-23-2012 09:51 AM

My desire to get to Phase 4 as quickly as possible outweighs the "satisfaction" of a cheat. It's simply not worth it to me...regardless of the price or health issues! I'm focused and determined to lose this weight and I'm not going to go backwards! Hoping the best of luck to the rest of you!!! You can do it!!!

kiki4me 01-23-2012 03:30 PM

I cheated once after 3 weeks of doing great....and it just made it easier to cheat a 2nd time over this weekend. Now, I'm very scared about my next weigh in....and have felt awful physically. Also, really did see my momentum change too - just as the first article stated. I sacrificed some of my resolve!

I know there are people out there who have never cheated...would love to hear from those who made a successful turnaround AFTER cheating... I don't want to fail and have this black and white thinking that I've goofed up too much already to turn this around... I know it doesn't make sense logically. Thanks for posting this article.

tenniels 01-23-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiki4me (Post 4185005)
I cheated once after 3 weeks of doing great....and it just made it easier to cheat a 2nd time over this weekend. Now, I'm very scared about my next weigh in....and have felt awful physically. Also, really did see my momentum change too - just as the first article stated. I sacrificed some of my resolve!

I know there are people out there who have never cheated...would love to hear from those who made a successful turnaround AFTER cheating... I don't want to fail and have this black and white thinking that I've goofed up too much already to turn this around... I know it doesn't make sense logically. Thanks for posting this article.

I think, you just have to get it in your head that there will be no more cheating and then slowly start proving that to yourself. I was at a friends on Friday and she had out chips & dip, Jellybelly jellybeans, and chocolate covered fruit. I can honestly tell you I was tempted by the chocolate covered fruit, but I also know that when I got home and realized I didn't nibble a single thing, I was soooo proud of me. And everytime I'm in a situation like that, I prove to myself that I CAN do it and I am worth doing it for. Prove to yourself one day at a time that you are committed to being a better & happier you. The foods you miss will be there for you on maintenance, so really try to embrace that this is a temporary state. I'm only on my 14th day, so I can't offer much more in the way of advice on overcoming a cheat. But I hope you can be honest with yourself and decide if you're ready and then do what it takes to make it happen for you :hug:

wuv2bloved 02-06-2012 01:31 PM

BUMPING for those of you who feel you need to cheat....STOP and THINK about what this is COSTING YOU!!!

Porthardygurl 02-06-2012 02:50 PM

Love this thread...

pegv 02-06-2012 03:03 PM

I had my grandkids visiting and made them my favorite cookies, I ate a couple without thinking! This was a big mistake, slowing my ketosis as well as what the cost of the food that it took to get to ketosis, 3 days worth! I just remind myself about how many days it takes to get back to ketosis and this changes my mind to cheat!

EmilySebetka 02-13-2012 11:10 AM

bump

chshedtchr 02-13-2012 12:21 PM

THanks for bumping this. I needed to read that - I have not cheated at all on this diet until last night. Went to Red Lobster for lunch for my husbands birthday. I had the crab legs and broccoli so I was good, but because I ate my protein meal for lunch instead of dinner I was sooo hungry last night. I tried water, exercise and even ate lettuce to help me through it. My final attempt before the cheat was a dill pickle!!! I still ate a second restricted - just couldnt get past it! I am hoping becasue it was still an IP food it was okay but wow that was quite an argument I had with myself!! Hopefully, I wont go through that again!!

Harmothoe 02-13-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiki4me (Post 4185005)
...would love to hear from those who made a successful turnaround AFTER cheating...

I went completely off program for a week after a bizarre chocolate soy puff binge one night (I ate seven packages of soy puffs, I kid you not). In the following week, I gained a few pounds (which was of course mostly water), and then I realized that I really wanted to finish this and went back OP.

Notice that my soy puff binge probably wasn't a big deal. It was enough to keep me from losing weight for that day, and possibly enough to knock me out of ketosis for a day, but it was the "oh well, I might as well eat a bag of candy..." that followed that did me in.

Once I dragged myself back from my food bender, it took 3 days to get back into ketosis; and a few more to lose the pound or so of fat that I gained in my week of "cheating". I lost two weeks; thinking about that, it suddenly occurred to me that it just wasn't worth it.

I want to be phasing off in April. That's what is keeping me OP. And there are two boxes of chocolate soy puffs in my pantry because I refuse to be at the mercy of a chocolate soy puff. If I can't be stronger than a chocolate soy puff, what hope do I have of maintaining my weight?

whisperingshouts 02-22-2012 04:09 AM

LOVE this!! I really wish I had gotten this the first time I started IP. Truly puts it into perspective!! I'm emailing it to DH now!! =)