3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #16

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

There's a time when all of us need to hear this!
Thanks! ;-)
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #17

S/C/G: 137/127/117

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Hi all, this is a flyer that was givin to me in my start up packet. It has really helped me, and I hope it will help one of you reading it that didn't get it when they started. Amy

Thank you so much for posting this! My husband and I have decided that I may be a "sleep eater." I don't consciously cheat, but sometimes there are little clues in the kitchen that someone has eaten after bedtime. From our losses, it's pretty obvious it is probably me! I don't remember eating, or even getting up!! Our house is nearly purged of "cheat" foods, except for a small cupboard for grandkid's visits. I guess that will need to go, too
Rox824,

I suffer from sleep eating too! Sometimes I do remember getting up in the middle of the night, but most of the time like you, I see the clues in the morning on the kitchen counter. Thankfully I don't have much that is "bad" in my apartment and recently I have started taking a Zeta Slim pill before I go to bed and that seems to help. I also make one of the pudding packages into a "milkshake" before I go to bed and drink about half of it. Then I put the other half in the fridge in case I do wake up in the middle of night that is the first thing I will go for. That has helped A LOT too and it is not cheating since it is a packet that I didn't finish earlier. Maybe this can help you too?

Michelle
michelletroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #18

S/C/G: 137/127/117

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all, this is a flyer that was givin to me in my start up packet. It has really helped me, and I hope it will help one of you reading it that didn't get it when they started. Amy
The Real Costs of Cheating on the Idea Protein Program By Tom Ferguson

I was on the Ideal Program about a year ago. From December 1, 2006 to March 1, 2007 I lost 50+ Lbs. That was pretty amazing, but I could have done better.

How could I have done better? By not cheating, that's how. Oh, I didn't cheat big, but I still cheated. I didn't think it was a big deal, because I was still eating so much better than I did in the past. But I wasn't 100% compliant with the diet, so I was cheating. The thing is, I was only cheating myself.

So, is it ok to cheat? That depends. You have to answer that question for yourself. Before you can answer that question, you have to understand the real costs of cheating.

If you cheat one day on the diet, you might think to yourself, 'I've lost a day on the diet, but that isn't so bad.” Not true. First of all, you lost that day, but you also lost the “momentum” of the progress you made up to that point. If you get back on track immediately, then you will take at least one more day of compliance to get back to where you were before you cheated. It's like climbing a hill on a bicycle. If you stop pedaling for a period of time, you're going to roll backward. You will have lost ground, and it will take an equal period of time, or more, to gain back the ground you lost. So, one day of cheating, will cost you at least two days. In that week, instead of 7 days of progress, you will have only 5. Think about it.

Next, if you cheat a little on the Ideal Program you will still lose weight. That's a good thing, right? Well, yes and no. Yes because your objective is to lose weight, and that's good. But when you cheat, your pancreas has to work overtime again. Remember, weight loss is one of our goals, but equally important is to get our bodies functioning in a healthy state, and a healthy pancreas is essential to that.

From a psychological viewpoint, if you cheat and still make progress, you may think it is ok to cheat since there were no consequences. Next time it will be easier to cheat again, and perhaps you will cheat for two days instead of one. But there are consequences. You didn't make as much progress as you could have.

On the other side of the argument, if you absolutely have to have that one day of cheating as a “reward” or you can't stay on the Ideal Program, well the obvious choice is to cheat.

So, is it ok to cheat? You'll have to make the decision for yourself. Think about it and weigh the consequences. Just remember: when you cheat, you're not cheating anyone but yourself.
AmyonIP -

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I appreciate you posting this!! I loved it so much that I printed it for my desk and home so I can have the constant reminder!!! I needed this more than ever and can't tell you how appreciative I am!!

~Michelle
michelletroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
Restart July, 13 2014

S/C/G: 214.5/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for this. I cheated Sun night and yesterday. I am kicking myself, but this morning I resolved to treat this as the new day it is, and get back OP. On previous weight loss journeys I would dwell on a cheat for days and it just led to more cheating. My attitude was I may as well cheat 5 days since I cheated 1. Who was I kidding?? I am doing very well so far, I don't feel physically bad at all from my cheat, just mentally beat up a bit. Again, thanks for the great post

One for every 5 gone!

-5, -5, -4, -3, -1.5, -2.5, +2
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #20

S/C/G: 196/172/140

Height: 5'4

Some good points.
yma311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #21
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

bump for newbies asking questions

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #22
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I thought this would be a good thread to pull up for the newbies...NOT worth a CHEAT!!

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #23
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Pefect timing~ Thank you for posting
Old 01-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #24

I thought I would bump this one up for the newbies

My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
Started IP 08/03/11

S/C/G: 346/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Definitely needed to see this after a cheat over Christmas! Thanks for bumping it up Wuv!
Megs33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs33 View Post
Definitely needed to see this after a cheat over Christmas! Thanks for bumping it up Wuv!
You are most welcome

Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #27

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for this! This is exactly what I needed to hear!
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #28

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information! It certainly has made me more aware to keep honest with myself!
Marcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #29

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Bump

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels ~ Kate Moss
As long as I am losing something, I am NOT gaining something!
I'm good enough, strong enough and I AM WORTH IT!!

4kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #30

bump since we had SOOOOO many cheat over the weekend!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.